Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:19 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Ya, the TTR .28 is a decent mill. It liked to run a little hot in my ST1, but it ran good. That was the stock motor in my ST1.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Bria1

Ya, mine runs hotter than my other engines too.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:23 PM
ADE

Well, not sure if I'll be running tomorrow. I've been trying to break in these engines and I just cant seem to get them hot enough. I've tried wrapping in foil, covering with a sock and few other things. Now that I think back, I dont think I've ever broke in an engine in the winter time! I'm at a lose and dont know what to do to make sure break in is right. I may consider going and just putting the truck around the track. I just dont want to damage these engines. Any suggestions? []
Old 02-02-2008, 07:09 PM
ThermalRD

Are you heating em up before starting em? I wrap mine with tin foil folded over, and then i heat it with the dryer inside. I'll fire it up on my pit bench, and then take it outside. The track is likely your best option. Its gonna be cold in there, but not near what it is outside. I'll be there finishing up break-in on my .21 TM. I'll bring enough toys with me to have a good time even if i dont get my break in finished.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:13 PM
ADE

Yeah...I tried that and even left the heat gun pointed at the case while running and that helped some. I just bring it tomorrow and try it there. See in the am!

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Are you heating em up before starting em? I wrap mine with tin foil folded over, and then i heat it with the dryer inside. I'll fire it up on my pit bench, and then take it outside. The track is likely your best option. Its gonna be cold in there, but not near what it is outside. I'll be there finishing up break-in on my .21 TM. I'll bring enough toys with me to have a good time even if i dont get my break in finished.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:18 PM
ADE

Thanks! I'll see what happens tomorrow.

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Old 02-02-2008, 09:26 PM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: ADE

Well, not sure if I'll be running tomorrow. I've been trying to break in these engines and I just cant seem to get them hot enough. I've tried wrapping in foil, covering with a sock and few other things. Now that I think back, I dont think I've ever broke in an engine in the winter time! I'm at a lose and dont know what to do to make sure break in is right. I may consider going and just putting the truck around the track. I just dont want to damage these engines. Any suggestions? []

I've broke in my 427 when it was 10 degrees outside. All I did was put it on my pit brick and rand a few tanks at 1/4 throttle or so while pointing my heat gun at it. I was able to easily get it up to 250 degrees this way, and I was outsid the entire time. I also started to vary the throttle input I gave one I got to the 2nd tank.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:12 AM
binaryterror

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. The new track is fun but has challenges with it being so fresh yet.

Had some major problems today in Electric...argh flashlights.

Breaking in the Peak for the Drake, 1 tank done, 5-6 more to go tomorrow. Tomorrow AM = break in, afternoon is SuperBowl Party time.

I had no issue keeping the temps to 180 in the Peak 12. Wrapped the head with lots of foil, like alot. 6 minutes per tank I know its rich as crazy.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Bria1

Superbowl?? Is that today...who's playin? LOL
Old 02-03-2008, 09:15 AM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL bria1. hahaha

Thermal, my mill is the stock MGT. I was only kidding about using it for racing because I know it's not the highest performer, but it's been very reliable for me. My last one lasted 14 gallons. I have a new one now that prolly wont last as long. Im alot harder on the truck these days. as for temps, I've never owned a temp gun, so I wouldnt know.

Good luck to all you race junkies and GO PATRIOTS!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:47 AM
infernalstone

Hey I always figure if the engine is fast enough to consistently clear the required doubles and triples, it's fast enough for racing. :P
Old 02-03-2008, 01:15 PM
muleracing

Is there nitro racing the sunday after the Big Kahuna race? (2/10/08)
How late do the races go?(nitro and eletric)
Is there plenty of pit space or do you have to be there right as the doors open to get a table?
I'm asking alot of Questions because it is long trip and I can't just stop by, so I need to be ready to race, site unseen.
Thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Bria1

Ya, there's racing every weekend until summer. Then we'll have to wait and see what the schedule is like. I'm not sure how long electric races go, I'm sure Jake can tell you more about that. For nitro racing it just depends on the turn out, but we're usually done by 4 or so (give or take an hour). There are a lot of pit spaces, but getting there early to snag a good spot isn't a bad idea.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:09 PM
binaryterror

For big races expect to be there all day.

Electric normally ends about 5pm, however with as many people expected, prepare for 8pm finish or so.

Nitro, like Brian said has been 4pm, with a trophy race, I expect more like 6pm.

Notes:
Eletric: (3) 5 minute qualfiers per heat. Qual Points main set up, best 2 of three. 7 Minute mains for Electric. No bump ups. Trophy to top three in every main.
Nitro: (3) 5 minute qualfiers per heat. Qual Points main set up, best 2 of three. 30 Minute A-mains, not sure on the lower mains. 2 from every main can bump. Trophy to top three in every main. If you choose to bump up from say the B to the A, you forfeit the B main trophy.

Friday the 8th, open practice 10-6pm, 6pm-10pm is electric practice only.
Saturday the 9th is Kanuha Electric, doors at 9am racing at 12pm.
Sunday the 10th is Nitro racing, doors at 9am, racing at 11am.

Saturday the 16th is Electric Racing, immediately after the final main, it will become Nitro only practice until 10pm.
Sunday the 17th is Kahuna Nitro Racing. Doors at 9am, racing as 11am.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
rdub202

hey matt you have grp cubics right? baycity is lookin for a set on the other site. and people are looking for them everywhere, you get them from DBs?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:38 PM
ThermalRD

Yup, i've got cubics, and i bought them at DB's. The problem with those tires, is the distribution. They were dropped by their US distributor i believe, and they are harder to get now.

Now on to the race report.

Well, todays turnout was pretty low, as expected for super bowl sunday. Whatever that is... I just keep hearing about it. lol. Anyway, heres my take on the day. First off, i wanna thank the Bat for temping my Revo and LST2 today while i was tuning, and breaking in motors. Driving down my street today, i had that feeling... That feeling that i KNEW i forgot something. Sure enough, i left my temp gun right next to my snake cages... Uggggghhhh... I did manage to get two more tanks thru the Revo today. The truck feels dialed on that track. But i'll reserve judgment for when the motor is tuned in, and im ON the throttle alot more. From what i saw, i was very pleased with my changes soo far. The truck seems dialed though. Only concerned about how it'll behave in the air, with that one-way in there. But we'll see at the next race. The LST2 was dialed. I took it out, and the motor ripped. I felt it cut out for a second, so i tuned it a bit. Took it out again, and temp'd at 255. It was running great, but a weee bit fast. The speed was fine, but the wheelies everywhere was not soo good for the track. When i went down the straight and pulled the wheels up, i figured id richen it up a tad. I did manage to rip the truck apart really good during practice. That BIG jump, the step/up... Ya, lets just say i grazed the new 2x4 that was holding up the fencing. Sheeered the arms right off. Lucky i didnt lose the shock, CVD, and many other things. Of course i didnt have the spares on me. I've been handing out spares left and right since that place opened, and at the last couple races over the summer actually, and just never stocked back up. So i got some from Al Horne. Got the truck back together, and went out for more practice. Just enough to know the truck was driving "right", after the wreck. In the 1st qualifier i tried to do that jump safe, with the step up, and down. Well that just wasnt working out for me. I kept getting hung up on the jump off the table top. So i decided to start taking that turn before the jump really wide, and just lining it up really well. That worked out much better for me thru the day. I TQ'd round 1 with 14 laps. I was slower round 2, and might have been faster in round 3. Dante had motor issues, so he didnt make the main. That left me, the bat, and the PW racing the main. From the start i was out front. PW broke really early. I dont think he even turned 3 laps before breaking. Not sure what it was, but it put him out of the race. That left me and the bat. Pretty early in the race, i was able to put some distance between us. Once i got that first lap on him, he just gave up, and started messing around. I guess his truck wasnt feelin great. I took that opportunity to learn the track. Which i did. I won the race with probably quite a few laps on the bat. I didnt pay much attention to the final score though, as i knew it was just me and the bat, and he was having issues finding a line with his LST2. So that was the race day.

How about the track review? Sure, i'll do that one too. The track is good. Too wet right now, and the traction is nuts. I actually landed on the step up once, and my skids, and bumper STUCK there. I couldnt move. No exaggeration there. I was stuck. I was laughing on the stand at that. I like the big air, but man its dangerous. One guy got clobbbered in the face by an LST2. Just ask PW about that. lol. The layout is fun though. I actually prefer a more technical step/up situation, but its still fun. I should clear up what i meant by "wet". It wasnt like puddles all day, it was wet like a fresh piece of modeling clay. I actually landed the big jump once, and my truck still went end over end, just from the skid, and bumper sticking... Ya, it was that sticky. It will be real interesting to see the Kahuna. I hope that track dries up a bit though. My honest opinion on that layout with a bigger race, is total chaos. I hope that second jump to step off that table top is nicer next time around, and not soo sticky. Because i dont think 8-10 monster trucks on that track will all land that big jump clean and clear every time. Nor do i think everyone will be patient enought to take it slow, in traffic. Either way im looking forward to that Kahuna. I'll have the LST2 ready again, but im only running the Muggy motor in there.

Anyway, great day hangin out and racing with everyone again. Even if it was a low turnout, it was still fun.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Bria1

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had fun. Ya, they shouldn't need to water the track for quite some time LOL. When I was there Thursday the top of the step jump basically had a hole where everyone's front ends were digging in. So someone got hit in the face with a LST2 today?? OUCH! On the other site someone said a guy got hit in the head by a buggy Friday during practice too (or something like that). Sounds like we need helmets to marshal that spot [:@]. So did Al have LST2 arms there? When I asked him Thursday he only had some LST1 arms.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:46 PM
ThermalRD

Ya, he had LST2 arms. In his own "personal" stash. That i should also add, were swiped while he was not there (norlock gave em to me). So i gotta pic some up at DB's this week. And ya, someone got nailed today. Funny thing is, he was in pit row. LOL. I mean not that its funny at all, but its funny that he was in the pitting area, behind the "fence" net, and PW's truck came right thru it, and gave him one right upside the face. Talk about a wake up call. Oh, and ADE had his mini jammin out there. Man, the more i see those, the more i want one.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 PM
GT Batman

Sorry for giving up on that race Matt, but my LST was like skating on ice. I let O'Boy wheel it the last few laps and he agreed, the truck was garbage. It was a bad call on my part to run that truck against you. I think the Revo would have been the better choice. I would have just pulled the truck early but I knew they would call the race and I didn't want to cut your run time short.

I did have some good things happen. First no broken parts on both trucks. And I did hit that net a few times as well as roll thta quad many times until I learned it. Second is I took 2nd in truggy with the Revo, I made a few setup changes to it, mainly puting it back to stock, no clip mods or quick turn. I'll try the clips and then the quick turn again during a practice day to see if it can get any better. Still seemed a little tight through the turns.

peace
Old 02-04-2008, 12:08 AM
ThermalRD

Thats alright bat, i used that time to learn the track really.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:26 AM
binaryterror

Yeah there were a few Electric vehicles that got stuck to the dirt near the big quad, quite funny.

I too thought it was tight, but in 2wd Truck it really isn't so I'll have to see what my Revo can do.

I'll be out next week Saturday and Sunday, hopefully pick up a nice trophy or 2 Saturday .

Revo is back together and rebuilt.

Drake has 3 tanks through it...need some better dry pavement to run the rest of break in.

MF2 is broken nearly in 2 pieces...lol. I'll fix that.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:12 AM
ADE

It was a fun day! I took the time to break in my motors....during the races. I just kinda putted around and got out of people's way when they came up on me. The mini is cool and is going to be a beast when I really get her going. Last night I pulled the plugs on both engines for some ARO and both were shinny like new metal! I think they both are ready for a little leaning and tunning now.

Matt- All of your trucks looked good. The micro/mini and the esavage was nice. I usually dont get to see electric vehicles. OBTW...you were landing that big jump really good. It was amusing to see my truck lawn dart and just stick there!

Dynamite looked really fast out there too! I saw him and the Bat battle down the straight a few times.

I like the track layout a lot! However, I think people should listen to Norlock....If you approach it crossed up....lift off the throttle!

I cant wait until the big race. I will not be diving to get out of people's way - more like, getting in people's way! LOL
Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: ADE

I like the track layout a lot! However, I think people should listen to Norlock....If you approach it crossed up....lift off the throttle!
Never happen, even the Electric guys were trying all all costs, usually broken vehicles.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 AM
infernalstone

Any one know if they plan on doing the mid week electric races at DBs track when it opens? Might give me a reason to rebuild my 4wd buggy, but FTR is just too far out for me to do on a weeknight.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
ADE

DB's has a track opening? Where?

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

Any one know if they plan on doing the mid week electric races at DBs track when it opens? Might give me a reason to rebuild my 4wd buggy, but FTR is just too far out for me to do on a weeknight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.