Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM
infernalstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

I thought he said it was down in Hines park, somewhere.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:00 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks ADE, once i got used to it, the big jump wasnt an issue. Was fun, but its gonna be a high risk manuever when there are more trucks on the track. That mini CRT you have is killin me man. I was eyeballin it at DB's today, and had those new truggy wheels in my hand too. Just looks like alot of fun.

Infernal, i have no idea on what schedule they'll keep on that track when its open. Im guessing it'll be a weekend thing, and probably every other week. The track is huge, and the jumps are too. You may not love electric on it. Im sure it can be done, but it was definitely designed around the Nitro burning cars. The table top is absolutely massive. The step up/step down... Even bigger. Hopefully they get a nice early start this year, and have everything ready for us to race, and practice on this spring/summer.

ADE, the DB track is the outdoor track located at Gunsolly park, on Hines drive. South on Haggerty from Plymouth rd, make a right on Hines drive. I believe its the last park on the right, before the light. Its easy to miss that Gunsolly sign, with how curvy that road is. Check it out some time. I've bashed there once or twice already.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:07 PM
infernalstone

I dunno. My sweet, kickin' Tamiya Dark Impact was faster and flew better than my Revo ever did. :P

That's kind of a bummer. I wouldn't mind some mid-week electric. No muss, no fuss, not 30 minutes past the house coming home from work.

I heard they only need that drivers stand built. Know when they plan on starting construction? I don't mind volunteering for that on the weekends if it's not bad weather. And before you call me out on weather, I get to work out in it 5 days, so all my volunteering is only in the best of enviroments.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

Friday the 8th, open practice 10-6pm, 6pm-10pm is electric practice only.
Saturday the 9th is Kanuha Electric, doors at 9am racing at 12pm.
Sunday the 10th is Nitro racing, doors at 9am, racing at 11am.
Are those Friday practice times only for the big kahuna or is every friday only nitro until 6? I thought Fridays were open practice all day.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:01 PM
ADE

You know you want it! I'll let you wheel mine next time I bring it to the track. Not sure of the set up but the motor seems to be breaking in just fine. GET one man! We will have enough for our own class before you know it!

Thanks for the information. I tried to find the track this summer. I must have road up and down Hines Drive for what felt like forever! I just gave up. Maybe, I'll try again before it gets warm. So, DB's has the new wheels. I've got a set of yellow coming and a HD wing. I'll stop by DB to get another set for some all purpose wheels to run in the drive and on the street.

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Thanks ADE, once i got used to it, the big jump wasnt an issue. Was fun, but its gonna be a high risk manuever when there are more trucks on the track. That mini CRT you have is killin me man. I was eyeballin it at DB's today, and had those new truggy wheels in my hand too. Just looks like alot of fun.

Infernal, i have no idea on what schedule they'll keep on that track when its open. Im guessing it'll be a weekend thing, and probably every other week. The track is huge, and the jumps are too. You may not love electric on it. Im sure it can be done, but it was definitely designed around the Nitro burning cars. The table top is absolutely massive. The step up/step down... Even bigger. Hopefully they get a nice early start this year, and have everything ready for us to race, and practice on this spring/summer.

ADE, the DB track is the outdoor track located at Gunsolly park, on Hines drive. South on Haggerty from Plymouth rd, make a right on Hines drive. I believe its the last park on the right, before the light. Its easy to miss that Gunsolly sign, with how curvy that road is. Check it out some time. I've bashed there once or twice already.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
ThermalRD

Infernal, that would be true. Just needs a drivers stand, and some tubes. The track is physically there. I am not sure when the drivers stand is planned really. Im sure as it gets closer to warm weather, they'll start planning for that.

ADE, they have 2 sets of those yellow wheels in stock. Maybe more in the boxes they just got in. I do want that little thing bad. I'd love to drive yours too.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:15 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: Bria1

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

Friday the 8th, open practice 10-6pm, 6pm-10pm is electric practice only.
Saturday the 9th is Kanuha Electric, doors at 9am racing at 12pm.
Sunday the 10th is Nitro racing, doors at 9am, racing at 11am.
Are those Friday practice times only for the big kahuna or is every friday only nitro until 6? I thought Fridays were open practice all day.
All fridays are 11-8pm open, except special pratice days such as the Kahuna.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Bria1

Ok, thanks for clarifying that Jake.

Tony, where the DB track will be is on Hines Dr on the east side between the over pass for Plymouth Rd and where the train tracks are.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78886.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	870271  
Old 02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
ADE

Thanks Brian! I'll definately try to find it this spring.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that Jake.

Tony, where the DB track will be is on Hines Dr on the east side between the over pass for Plymouth Rd and where the train tracks are.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 AM
GT Batman

Sorry PW, I fell asleep when I came home and just woke up. Anyway, so PW convinced me to look at my diffs in the LST after he listened to an hour rant on how good the truck was Thursday and how bad it sucked on Sunday. Well the front diff I found was bad at the track, I got around to opening the aluminum case and the entire diff housing was cracked, so that diff it totally destroyed, not one part left I can reuse And the rear diff I just pulled looked OK on the outside when I opened the aluminum case, so I spin it by hand and notice it seemed to lock up. I open it up and the large gears are both missing a few teeth and there is metal flakes all over, so that diff is toast as well.

In both diffs I noticed severe slotting, I'm wondering if those diffs were ever maintenanced (lol, don't start). This was my new truck, so I didn't even bother to check them. But on my other LSTs I had never seen this type of slotting, maybe that LRP is just too powerful. Sad part is I run it at half throttle.

With the cost to rebuild the entire diffs I am seriously considering to buy a new truck just for diffs, an extra 427 and, well, a ton of extra parts.

So I am not sure if that is why my truck was skating all around in that main, but I am hoping that was the reason. I doubt it caused it to push though...lol
Old 02-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Bria1

Mike, there are some complete diffs on ebay going for cheap. May be worth checking out.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:12 AM
binaryterror

Bat you were pushing on the new track? Wild, with as much traction as it had, I thought for sure the LST's would be doing alot of steering and even some traction rolling.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:43 AM
GT Batman

I'll check that out Brian before I buy the new truck.

Chops, both my truck pushed on that track. I still got to dial the revo in, I have a stock bulkhead in there and no quick turn. I also made ride hight changes and spring changes. I have a few more things to play with on that revo, but I was really happy with it overall.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:02 PM
ThermalRD

Jake, the switches dont have alot of side bite. So they can push in the corners a bit. Just gotta time everything right, and drive for it. If the bats diffs were both shot, that would have alot to do with it as well. My truck was good, and got better later in the day.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Bria1

I really didn't notice any push, but then again I don't take turns as fast as you guys. Speaking of Switches, I'm sure you guys have seen the [link=http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_69&products_id=279]38 series Switch[/link], but thought I'd post it just in case.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:12 PM
ThermalRD

Yup, saw those tires. I'll try em sometime soonz.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:20 PM
GT Batman

I really didn't notice any push, but then again I don't take turns as fast as you guys. Speaking of Switches, I'm sure you guys have seen the [link=http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_69&products_id=279]38 series Switch[/link], but thought I'd post it just in case.

Are those any wider than the ones we use now? I have some Switches I cut to fit the ProLine 3.7 (or whatever they call them) rims and do not like them at all.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:25 PM
GT Batman

So I checked out ebay for those diffs, seems there are no BIN or ending today auctions I was hoping to get some for this weekend. Do they make some upgraded diff gears? Would be sweet if they did.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:26 PM
ThermalRD

Width shouldnt really change. Its just a low profile tire. Should be more responsive, with slightly less overall traction.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Bria1

Mike, Panther shows the maxx size switch at 2.8" wide and the 38 series switch at 2.5" wide.

What parts do you need for the LST2 diffs? There are some of the diff gears that are BIN and also some aftershock complete diffs BIN in the ebay stores. Just search "LST2 diff" and look below the regular auctions. The only difference between the LST2 diffs and aftershock is the color of the aluminum housing. There are also ring and pinion sets that are BIN. Or call DB to see if they have what you need in stock. That way you can have it by the weekend.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Bria1

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LOSI-AFTERSHOCK-Diff-Front-Rear-LST-LST2-2-LA11_W0QQitemZ120215385941QQihZ002QQcategoryZ44028 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQ cmdZViewItem]Here ya go[/link] Mike, 6 complete diffs are available BIN.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Bria1

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....................just do it somewhere else LOL. So did everyone else get dumped on with snow too?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:42 PM
ThermalRD

Ya, the nasty weather has been going on here all day really. Not deep snow though. Alot of the "wintery" mix as they call it, then heavy snow for a few minutes, and then back to some wintery mix, and over and over again... I hate winter... I hate Michigan... Im really itchin to get out of this state.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Bria1

We got close to a foot of snow today. That after it just all melted the other day from the rain.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 PM
ThermalRD

WOW!!! A foooot? Jeeeez, we didnt get that here yet. But its still snowing. If it gets real deep im taking out my dads 500cc quad, and having some fun. He never rides it anyway. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.