Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:26 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory Tracks Raceway MT racers

Update on the Kahuna from Jake! They only ran 2 qualifiers, and they are now in the middle of the mains.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:02 PM
ADE

Wow what a nice truck! The layout seems to be the same. That pipe looks to be longer and closer to the tank....could fit under the body! I would really like to see what the body looks like! I like the tank with the filter attached, the airfilter, and the way the engine is tilted. Oh and that wing is killer too. Looks like my truck will have a lot of parts from this truck.

I need to find out more about this truck. I really like it alot. Looks like may of the parts will be interchangeable with the jammin.

If this was available I would gabe gotten it...just to be a little different!

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Saw those pics yesterday Rdub. Thats what was keeping me from jumping on the Jammin CRT.5. I knew about that thing a while ago. Some employee from Nitrohouse posted about it on another forum. I wanna see the body for it.

ADE, does that look pretty identical to the CRT .5? The layout on the chassis.

Oh, and good luck to everyone racing the electric Kahuna today!!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Update on the Kahuna from Jake! They only ran 2 qualifiers, and they are now in the middle of the mains.
Did he say how he was doing?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:02 AM
ADE

Found more info on the Hyper Mini St. This thing is sick! Man I wish this was available when I purchased the CRT .5. Well...i do have a birthday coming up! LOL

This thing will have a body that coves the pipe!

There are lots of images after the jump. I was just too lazy to copy them!

[link=http://209.196.57.91/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E29CAE68A6D4457BA0FB171BEC7D56D2&nm=Site+Features&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=E721E068ACA944EE93B42DE68047A615]Hyper Mini ST info[/link]

Old 02-10-2008, 12:51 AM
ADE

The truck should be available mid April or early May, and OFNA plans to debut it at the up and coming RCX show. Here’s a rundown of the truck’s hot features.

The HoBao Mini ST is currently in the advanced production stage with the following features planned for release:

Factory Pre Assembled
Futaba Branded 2 Channel Radio
Polished In-Line Connected Pipe Set
Front and Rear Anti Roll Bars
Hard Anodised Chassis
Threaded Aluminium Shocks
Factory Pre Assembled
Rear CVA Driveshafts
2.2 Wheels & Tires
Fully Adjustable Suspension
HoBao Hyper 12 Pull Start Engine
Pre-painted Bodyshell
Moulded Racing Wing

I'm not a big fan of the pivot ball front suspension but the arms look to be really beefy. I like the looks of the diff cases (true truggy style), the rear bumper is a nice touch too. The steering drag link is a much better design than the crt. looks like there are some type of splash guards over the front and rear breaks (really cool), standard ext chassis and full size servos! I just purchases an ofna HDF wing but I like this design better!

I like the full-size hyper st body! On my mini, I may be able to get away with changing my manifold and and moving the pipe in some. Hech...this new pipe and manifold also gives me options. I will not dump the CRT .5 just yet -LOL. I see alot i can do. I guess it will come down to how it handles.

After further review...my only problem with this design versus the CRT .5 is everything is pushed to the edge of the chassis! This leaves everything open to damage very easy.

Overall, a really well thought out design, features and quality in the pictures looks great! I hope this class grows and the competitiion keeps coming (Losi?). I could see myself seriously racing this class.

ORIGINAL: ADE

Found more info on the Hyper Mini St. This thing is sick! Man I wish this was available when I purchased the CRT .5. Well...i do have a birthday coming up! LOL

This thing will have a body that coves the pipe!

There are lots of images after the jump. I was just too lazy to copy them!

[link=http://209.196.57.91/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E29CAE68A6D4457BA0FB171BEC7D56D2&nm=Site+Features&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=E721E068ACA944EE93B42DE68047A615]Hyper Mini ST info[/link]

Old 02-10-2008, 01:22 AM
ADE

Savage XL

Too Much!

[link=http://209.196.57.91/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E29CAE68A6D4457BA0FB171BEC7D56D2&nm=Site+Features&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=8D26FE20A46F40A3BFA77DBF2FBFE972]Savage XL[/link]
Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 AM
ADE

Jake....thought you might like this one!

[link=http://209.196.57.91/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E29CAE68A6D4457BA0FB171BEC7D56D2&nm=Site+Features&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=56F30EAC582044D0906EECCD1BC92125]Rock Crawler Body [/link]
[link=http://209.196.57.91/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E29CAE68A6D4457BA0FB171BEC7D56D2&nm=Site+Features&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=78C9EA05F8B44AED922E1EDCF8B36216]Tamiya Land Cruiser 40[/link]
Old 02-10-2008, 02:03 AM
binaryterror

LOL...2am I get home.

6am wake up for nitro tomorrow! omg...kill me.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Bria1

Thanks for the links Tony.

Jake, you should've just spent the night there LOL...how did you do?

I snagged these from Koooze on the other site

Old 02-10-2008, 05:01 PM
MGTmadman

You get my PM Thermal? Also good luck to whomever showed up today, its just WAY to fricken cold out there to go anywhere LOL
Old 02-10-2008, 05:10 PM
ThermalRD

Good stuff ADE, thanks for the links! Brian, i think Jake said he made it to the A in stock truck, but i dont recall what happened in mod truck. I'll let him give the details.

So todays race went pretty well. I managed to finish break in on the Revo during practice, and tuned it up a bit. The truck has plenty of power, but still not the grunt of an LST2. Though i know i could lean it more. I also have the standard ratio in there, which is useless on that track. I shift, and then i brake... I did get hammered by an 8th scale in practice, that broke my revo real quick. I wasnt real pleased with that, considering the guy didnt even apologize. Got motor'd on by an 8th scale in practice too, but nothing broke from that. The qualifiers went pretty well. Jake TQ'd first round, then i had some issues with my truck bogging down. Found out my pressure line came off... Fixed that, then they decided to put the gas truck guys with the monster truck guys. Andrew was out front, with an AD2, with me turning identical lap times right behind him. He slowed down a bit in the infield before the steps down to the straight, and i ran him over, and never looked back. Note: He and his brother were the two driving the 8th scale that broke me, and then motor'd me during practice. I took TQ that round. During the main, it wasnt really a race. Nobody took it seriously. Once the gas trucks dropped off, it was just me, the bat, and Jake. I had the lead for a while, with the bat real close behind. I traction rolled, then the bat took the lead. Then the bat waited, and we raced some more. Somewhere i got back out front. We did that the whole race, until he tagged me in the small doubles before the turn leading into the big jump. He got the best of that deal, then i gave him a "Forza 2" in the turn right after that jump, to take the win. lol. For those that dont play Forza with us, that would be a "pit maneuver". So it ended up me, the bat, and Jake. Which was more like a win for bat. Any time he got out front, he waited anyway. It was not a race to be taken seriously. The turnout was really low, and today i honestly dont blame anyone for NOT attending. Its sooo cold outside, it hurts to walk from that building to my car... But we had fun anyway. I think the Nitro Kahuna will be a very interesting race. Im really wondering how everyone will do on that layout with more trucks out there. I know the majority of the Revos will not be making that big jump. Which is really gonna hurt the pace of the guys with the bigger motors, and LST2's. But anyway, another fun race today guys. Too bad the rest of you guys werent there to join in the fun.

Good race Jake, good race Mike! I hope you guys took that as lightly as i did. Im assuming you both did, by the jumping of the tubes. LOL
Old 02-10-2008, 06:23 PM
GT Batman

I had allot of fun today. I think I got a real good setup on the Revo, I still need some more brake in the LST, but it feels very drivable as well. But I got allot of laps on both trucks and am happy with both. I also only hit that fence 2 times. But they were both very costly, I ripped the rear bulkead out of the revo in practice and broke a shock shaft in qualifying with the LST.

I thought out MT main was allot of fun. Twinkie and I were never more than half a lap a part the entire time. With only 3 trucks I seen no need to try and run away, so I just kept it close as much as possible. Matt's LST is really fast and I have to push that revo as hard as it will go to keep up. I'm kinda mad that I missed that last lap by like .001 seconds and I was gluded to twinkie's bumper. But I did get in a good hit on that LST going the wrong way after I finished ^_^ For me it one of the more fun races so far.

For truggy I rant he LST and TQ'ed with it. I made the mistake of plaing with the throttle linkage desparately trying to find some brakes. I spent half the main trying to feel out the truck as I has sever drag brake, but still no real break. Made it real difficilt to land the tripple and drive hard down the straight. I'll have the drake mod in there next week so hopefully it will get better. Also the Nova diff cups seems to work much better, what a difference good diffs make in that truck.

The Bat will have a double wide steel bumper for the twinkie next week
Old 02-10-2008, 06:41 PM
ThermalRD

LOL. Double wide steel bumper!!! LOL. Thats awesome. We did have a blast today. Bat, you looked real good out there with both trucks. I do believe you're faster with that Revo though. My Revo feels like it navigates that infield really well. In fact, it may get thru the infield better than my LST2. The only thing i have a hard time with, is the excessive steering OFF power. I may have went a little overboard with that RD Logics maximum steering piece, and the quick turn. Or its possibly just the hole shots i dont like soo much. I had intended to try my LPR holeshots on the LST2 today, but with my bad qualifier due to the return line coming off, i wanted to just make sure the tune was right. But i am questioning the tire choices out there. I may try some new things soon.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 PM
binaryterror

Saturday Racing:
Good thing I talked to Mike Ciresi and he graciously saved me a nice pit spot...Lots of people. All day people slamming their smelly butts into you to squeeze through. FTR did a great job running the 2 quals and a 7min main. I would have jetted most likely if they would have tried to run 3 quals. I'm sure next year they'll use Sat for quals and Sunday for mains...no nitro that week. 225 entries was the final tally. I placed in the Stock Truck A main and the Mod Truck B main. Finished about where I started in both. The electric guys don't pass...they hack. It gets tiring but oh well, I'm told Buggy is cleaner drivers...I'll prolly never know. I had fun and I think a lot of other people did.

Sunday got home at 2am, bed by 3am, and back up at 6am to go racing Nitro! hahaha

Sunday Racing:
Got 3 tanks more through the Drake. Definately need a starter box. Pullstart = suck on break in and this tight engine, Roto-start is no fun due to my drill needing better batteries. New drill is more than a starter box...I'll do that. Left my personal transponder at home in my Electric truck (D'oh). The Revo did well, seems to be not the best tire choice for the condition of the track, I think it's the high center of the LPR Holeshots limiting my contact patch. I had a lot of fun in the Main...never really on point to keep up after a few problems on the quad jump. Just got more time in to test things for next Sunday.

Oh and Matt wanted me to point out my Drake I used my old old Larry's tires...worn out Weiner Dudes in the back and Stryker 2's up front. It felt dialed...I'm running them next Sunday in a qualifier for sure...be ready for the Weiner Dude Domination!

I really need sleep this week. Gonna con the boss into letting me have Mon/Tuesday after Kahuna off.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Bria1

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Good job showing the truggy guys up with the MT Mike.

Jake, good job with the electrics...5th in A-main for stock and 5th in B-main for mod. A lot of good competition out there.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 PM
ThermalRD

LOL. Weiner Dude Domination!!!!!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Bria1

What the heck are weiner dude tires?

If the nitro kahuna race is even half as big as the electric kahuna race was, maybe they should consider moving it to Saturday. Especially with the nitro mains being longer. That would stink to get out of there at 2am and have to work the next day.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:33 AM
binaryterror

Weiner Dude tires are a common name for the DuraTrax on-road treads. At Larrys you use the Weiner Dudes in the back because they are stiffer and last longer than Stryker 2's...you got plenty of traction so why waste $ on the Stryker 2's when they don't last as long is the theory.

Weiner Dude Domination Pictures:

2.2 for Stadium Trucks:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFBV7&P=ML

MAXX Size for Matt since he's buying them:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFBV9&P=7
Old 02-11-2008, 08:45 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: Bria1

Jake, good job with the electrics...5th in A-main for stock and 5th in B-main for mod. A lot of good competition out there.
Thanks Brian...had some fun but no Trophies! Next time Sand Bag mod = ON.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:50 AM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: binaryterror
At Larrys you use the Weiner Dudes in the back because they are stiffer and last longer than Stryker 2's...you got plenty of traction so why waste $ on the Stryker 2's when they don't last as long is the theory.

[&:] lol
Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 AM
GT Batman

Saturday Racing:
Good thing I talked to Mike Ciresi and he graciously saved me a nice pit spot...Lots of people. All day people slamming their smelly butts into you to squeeze through.
At Larrys you use the Weiner Dudes in the back because they are stiffer and last longer than Stryker 2's...you got plenty of traction so why waste $ on the Stryker 2's when they don't last as long is the theory.
On the other site you talk about peeing on your pit spot[&:]

I am at a loss of words here chops. Just don't know what to say about this. I'll be pitting on the other side of the building and with this new information the Bat will never wear his tights to the races[X(]
Old 02-11-2008, 11:19 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: TQ Batman

I'll be pitting on the other side of the building and with this new information the Bat will never wear his tights to the races[X(]
You openly admit you wear tights?...man I don't even need to touch that. That statement in and of itself is a very dangerous thing sir.

You want to sell me that Starter Box? It's the XXX-NT one from Losi right? PM me a price dude.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Bria1

LOL...you guys are funny

Edit: Here ya go, just use some [link=http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_69&products_id=183]slicks[/link].
Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
binaryterror

Well a factory sponsored Panther guy told me about Slicks when he was grinding my Losi Pink Tapers into Pink Slicks. He said the Slicks have a very thick carcass and that makes the tires very undesirable for dirt slicks.

I remember the Weiner Dudes having a huge amount of sidewall thickness but the carcass is thin. Again the Weiner Dude domination will be with worn down Weiner Dudes, not a fresh new set.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: TQ Batman

I'll be pitting on the other side of the building and with this new information the Bat will never wear his tights to the races[X(]
You openly admit you wear tights?...man I don't even need to touch that. That statement in and of itself is a very dangerous thing sir.

You want to sell me that Starter Box? It's the XXX-NT one from Losi right? PM me a price dude.
They are very comfortable around the house, the cape can get in the way, for example it sometimes falls in the toilet bowl

Yeah, it is the losi one. Only used a few times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.