mtbkym01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0

I'm new to MT's, what is TVP design?
Old 12-16-2007, 10:45 PM
ThermalRD

Twin Vertical Plate. Like a savage, or a Genesis/Nemesis/GST. There are others as well.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:21 PM
rican25

I am with bigair on this one get a Savage X 4.6! done.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:27 PM
bigairlife

YAA. Savage RULZ!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:22 AM
rafa26

Was the MGT 8.0 engine dyno before ?
Any real HP numbers ?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:31 AM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Twin Vertical Plate. Like a savage, or a Genesis/Nemesis/GST. There are others as well.
OK, Thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 AM
vge

What people don't realize is that Cen is like Traxxas was in the beginning. Yes they had some major issues in the beginning. But now like Traxxas they have some very nice, race winning rc's. I really think many don't have them for the same reason many don't have LST 2's. It's a price thing. But for those of us that are in the Cen Genesis/Nemesis club we love them. These trucks are like tanks. Parts can be picked up off ebay mad cheap. They rarely break, and they have tons of torq. These trucks haul ass. The MGT honestly is junk compared. Have you seen all the people getting rid of those things these days? Out of the box you really need to dump so much cash into them. It's just not a very good truck. If I did not have the cash for a Gen/Nem I would much rather have a Revo or T-Maxx over a MGT. MGT is the twice removed step child in the Team Associated family.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:29 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: vge

What people don't realize is that Cen is like Traxxas was in the beginning. Yes they had some major issues in the beginning. But now like Traxxas they have some very nice, race winning rc's. I really think many don't have them for the same reason many don't have LST 2's. It's a price thing. But for those of us that are in the Cen Genesis/Nemesis club we love them. These trucks are like tanks. Parts can be picked up off ebay mad cheap. They rarely break, and they have tons of torq. These trucks haul ass. The MGT honestly is junk compared. Have you seen all the people getting rid of those things these days? Out of the box you really need to dump so much cash into them. It's just not a very good truck. If I did not have the cash for a Gen/Nem I would much rather have a Revo or T-Maxx over a MGT. MGT is the twice removed step child in the Team Associated family.
NOT everyone loves them. I loved the appearance, and size of that Genesis LE, until i bought one. The truck would not run consistantly at all, from one minute to the next. To make matters worse, CEN's service was purely horrible. The thread was deleted on the CEN section, but it lives on the web in other forums. I will agree they rarely break, and they do have alot of torque. Im not sure if the threads still exist, but why dont you do a search for all the old Genesis threads, and see how many people got burnt badly on those trucks. They were horrible. I would have stood by CEN, and fixed anything on my truck, had they worked with me on any issue. Their attitudes turned me away big time. I still look at that GST, and the Nemesis and think how cool they are. But im not investing any more money in something that may not run well at all, that the company does not back up. They really need to take some lessons from TL, and Associated on customer service. When they have an issue, they fix it for the customer. If i get the urge, i'll see if the 8.0 engine from the MGT fits in that Gen LE i have collecting dust here. Might breathe new life into it.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
IL2mSturmovik

NOT everyone loves them. I loved the appearance, and size of that Genesis LE, until i bought one. The truck would not run consistantly at all, from one minute to the next. To make matters worse, CEN's service was purely horrible. The thread was deleted on the CEN section, but it lives on the web in other forums. I will agree they rarely break, and they do have alot of torque. Im not sure if the threads still exist, but why dont you do a search for all the old Genesis threads, and see how many people got burnt badly on those trucks. They were horrible. I would have stood by CEN, and fixed anything on my truck, had they worked with me on any issue. Their attitudes turned me away big time. I still look at that GST, and the Nemesis and think how cool they are. But im not investing any more money in something that may not run well at all, that the company does not back up. They really need to take some lessons from TL, and Associated on customer service. When they have an issue, they fix it for the customer. If i get the urge, i'll see if the 8.0 engine from the MGT fits in that Gen LE i have collecting dust here. Might breathe new life into it.

^^Gets it.
CEN has a LOOOONG way to come back from, and it doesnt help that a lot of their vehicles look really, really cheap.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:37 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Before it gets too hard on CEN, I do hear an awful lot of persuasive feedback that their Matrix truggy is a great truck and worth every cent... The GST I'm a bit more skeptical about, but all in all I do get the sense that CEN is working hard to rectify past wrongs...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Nick2618

i have called cen a couple times for somewhat dumb questions about my nemesis and they where very helpful. They just answered my questions with out asking any dumb questions like when u bought it and warranty info....

I guess cen services was really bad at first but it seems to be a lot better now. I have yet to put any real abuse on teh nemesis yet but it seems real quick. And i can start the engine in 1 pull usually!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:18 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Before it gets too hard on CEN, I do hear an awful lot of persuasive feedback that their Matrix truggy is a great truck and worth every cent... The GST I'm a bit more skeptical about, but all in all I do get the sense that CEN is working hard to rectify past wrongs...
Me too, and if I was in the market for one, I would certainly consider the Matrix Truggy
Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 AM
CrazyMento

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

I dotn know about the Geneis LE but the GST 7.7 engine runs just fine. I never have problem tuning it or have it stay running. CEN servie is 2nd to none as well. Top notch.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:31 PM
rob123

I agree: The CEN GST 7.7 or nemesis are both greate trucks. I run my CEN GST7.7 truck almost every day and have no problems with it. CEN may have had there problems before, But that was then and this is now. All companys down the line, Have had there downs and ups before. Thats how all companys learn, From their mistake. By learning what they have done wrong in order to make something wright and not make the same mistake twice!!!!!!!!!!!!! [&:] Sofar CEN is doing a hell of a good job.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:49 PM
rob123

OH" and buy the way!!!! That new mgt8.0 looks like a blast to drive. The way that Team Associated design this one, Seems as if its going to be one bad***** big block truck. Im so happy that they are coming out with RC Monster trucks with big block engines, What RC Monster truck was meant to be. Monster trucks with big block engines.[>:]
Old 12-20-2007, 11:03 PM
dakota_davies

gst for sure
Old 12-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Snaut Rocket

I agree you should definitly go with a mgt or Gst.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

This thread is going no where.
Just every body's opinion arguing over whats the best.
I don't agree. It seems to me that 'best' ends up spelling 'best for me'. Isn't that the point of soliciting opinions? A member can take all of the information and draw their own conclusion (just like you did, I suppose )

To me, the thread seems to be following a useful path [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 12-21-2007, 02:28 PM
vge

Yes everyone has an opinion about probably what they have. But whats fact is this, every company starts out rough. It's a learning process. Especially in the customer service and manufacturing devisions. You must find who makes the best and most reliable parts but yet find out how you can get those and still pay the least amount for it. Customer service takes years to build. I am sure everyone knows about how crappy Traxxas was in the beginning both customer service and quality. How about the junk Trinity tried to push in the RC department. I bet you can't find a part even on eBay for the "Itsy Bitsy Spider". It's just a fact of life. The bottom line is this and this is fact. Cen is making some very well built new RC's. Cen's customer service is very good as well. They are not the cheapest on the market, but neither is Team Losi or any of the really really good rc manufacturers. So if you can afford any one of the newer Cen products they stand behind them 100% and I am sure you will be happy. Now thats fact and not opinion.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:15 PM
richardcatdaddy

Well after launching off gooseneck trailers,bashing and other abuse the nemesis 7.7 held up well,As yet mine dont have any hop ups but will.Its a stock 7.7 motor.Running thru water and mud rock and gravel on different excavation jobs the truck did good.The suspension arms gave way it smacked into a trailer tire wide open.I have launched it off a regular semi flatbed,and a lowboy equipment trailer too it still held up.I cant complain.I found it in a pawn shop for $115.00 out the door.So while I dont the money tied up like a lot of you do,its still a good solid truck.Thank you.[&:]
Old 12-23-2007, 01:07 AM
[email protected]

You are right about customer service on losi and associated but HPI is also tops and that is way a lot of hobby shops sell all of them.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:45 AM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: richardcatdaddy

Well after launching off gooseneck trailers,bashing and other abuse the nemesis 7.7 held up well,As yet mine dont have any hop ups but will.Its a stock 7.7 motor.Running thru water and mud rock and gravel on different excavation jobs the truck did good.The suspension arms gave way it smacked into a trailer tire wide open.I have launched it off a regular semi flatbed,and a lowboy equipment trailer too it still held up.I cant complain.I found it in a pawn shop for $115.00 out the door.So while I dont the money tied up like a lot of you do,its still a good solid truck.Thank you.[&:]
thats a great deal you found there. Congrats.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:29 AM
ThermalRD

Comerford, i know HPI and other companies have great service. I never mention HPI, or Traxxas, because i've never felt the need to call them on an issue. I've never had issues with traxxas products that i feel warranted a complaint call, and the same with HPI. So its simply a matter of me not using their customer service. While the other mentioned companies, i have used. AE took care of me when the original MGT had some bad tranny issues. TL took care of me with the long list of issues the LST1 had. CEN however told me i'd be better off buying the replacment gears for my Genesis LE from my LHS, because the shipping would cost me more than the part, if they gave it to me... Funny how none of the other companies wanted to charge me shipping, to replace a defective part. Not to mention all the trucks CEN has sold, that still have the shabby original motor in em. Im glad CEN is supposedly turning their company around, but turning their backs on the original owners is the wrong way to do it. They should have offered some form of upgrade, or replacement program to the other owners. So we could get that updated motor, that comes with the GST.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:31 AM
IL2mSturmovik

After reading the CEN support forum here, I dont think I would buy a CEN unless I got a really, really good deal on one.
Its one of those things thet are a growing company that means well, but I see CEN fans having too many issues.
Dogbones popping out on the truggy are inexcusable
Old 12-23-2007, 01:13 PM
vge

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

After reading the CEN support forum here, I dont think I would buy a CEN unless I got a really, really good deal on one.
Its one of those things thet are a growing company that means well, but I see CEN fans having too many issues.
Dogbones popping out on the truggy are inexcusable

Hmmm I think I have had a dog bone pop out of probably most of my rc's that use them at one point in time. Hell thats why the RC gods created CVD's right. If thats inexcusable to you I am sure you will always be unhappy with RC companies. Jezz dude.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.