Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:23 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 or MGT 8.0

ORIGINAL: vge

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

After reading the CEN support forum here, I dont think I would buy a CEN unless I got a really, really good deal on one.
Its one of those things thet are a growing company that means well, but I see CEN fans having too many issues.
Dogbones popping out on the truggy are inexcusable

Hmmm I think I have had a dog bone pop out of probably most of my rc's that use them at one point in time. Hell thats why the RC gods created CVD's right. If thats inexcusable to you I am sure you will always be unhappy with RC companies. Jezz dude.
I have never had one pop out on my LST2, nor my pals Muggys or 8Ts.
I am happy as can be with Team Losi
Old 12-23-2007, 05:45 PM
vge

After reading the CEN support forum here, I dont think I would buy a CEN unless I got a really, really good deal on one.
Its one of those things thet are a growing company that means well, but I see CEN fans having too many issues.
Dogbones popping out on the truggy are inexcusable

Hmmm I think I have had a dog bone pop out of probably most of my rc's that use them at one point in time. Hell thats why the RC gods created CVD's right. If thats inexcusable to you I am sure you will always be unhappy with RC companies. Jezz dude.
I have never had one pop out on my LST2, nor my pals Muggys or 8Ts.
I am happy as can be with Team Losi

Neither have I, but it is not an uncommon thing to have a dog bone pop out. Thats why they make CVD's chief. To say something is poorly made just because a dog bone pops out is ridiculous.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:15 PM
IL2mSturmovik

I didnt say poorly made, I said inexcusable.
Why didnt CEN use CVDs if its such an easy fix.
I saw several CEN racers NOT happy that their truggy has that problem.
I will say poor engineering, and meet ya halfway
Old 12-24-2007, 01:11 AM
vge

I think your just a bit over reactive alone with anyone that complains about a db popping out. I mean I understand that you have high expectations from companies. But there is not one RC that I would consider perfect. Each one has something that really needs to be upgraded du to strength. Even our Awesome LST 2 as great as it is, is far from being perfect out of the box.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:23 PM
CrazyMento

1. I own the CEN matrix truggy for months and never had the CVS pop out

2. Ouf of factory, matrix has CVD all around, not dogbone

3. If that happenes, its only because there are too much downtravel and a simple change of setup will fix it. Not hard at all if you know what you are doing.

Old 12-25-2007, 06:51 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: CrazyMento

3. If that happenes, its only because there are too much downtravel and a simple change of setup will fix it. Not hard at all if you know what you are doing.

Well then what about this guy then? This is straight from teh CEN support forum here.

ORIGINAL: revopqrs

how about getting the new arms to all the matrix tr people whos dog bones are popping out? i hear people complaining about that everywhere i go!! i havnt had the prob, but im limited in shock mounting positions...
ive heard rumors about he new arms for months now... how long can it possibly take to make a set of arms 1-2 mm shorter?
id say that should be top priority, fix what you have first.. its a design flaw, that were gonna have to pay for to fix.
sure theres other solutions, like shimming the shafts inward, but should someone who spent almost $500 for a kit with no wheels, tires or body have to do that? the cen is nearly as expensive as any other truggy once you buy all the stuff that usually comes in other kits? i just bought a hyper st pro, it was the same price as the cen but it came with wheels, tires, body, tons of extra hardware, and a freakin pipe! way better value in my eyes... how can a cen be so expensive, its missing $150 worth of standard equipment? if cen wants to compete they need to up the value they pass along to consumers. even tho i run a cen and am loyal, if someone asks me advise on what to get i cant say a cen.. theyre too expensive! to pour salt into my loyal cen wounds the hyper spanks my matrix on the track!!!!!!! cheaper and faster = better value...
another thing.. the tank totally sucks on the matrix, the design is the worst ive seen? you cant only have spring pressure on the back half of the lid.. that causes it to flex and leak. so i have to run a kyosho tank just to hold fuel? ive talked with other matrix owners and they say the same thing.
how about offering us some spring options for the cen, as it is i have to run springs from other companies? maybe some threaded hinge pins, you already have them for the genesis, why not package some up with a matrix label on em? e clips totally suck if ya didnt know?
ohh and a better designed air filter neck! i cant believe we have to put the filter directly in front of the motor and block its air flow? ive resorted to extending a u shaped ofna neck to clear the big center brace. ive never ran anything that i had to use parts from so many different manufacturers to make work properly? personally i see all those other cens at the hobby shop, but no one into the hobby actually buys them? they just collect dust in this area... refine what you have thats good, stop making so many different models and support the people who paid for your most expensive products. monster trucks are dead around here, just a few kids at the track run them, same with 1/10, 1/8 is where all the money is spent, and its the highest profile. you should focus on it.
cen is just getting past the "crappy" stereotype, dont leave the loyal cenners hangin! i love my matrix tr and i hope i can continue to run it, but theres too many kits that are a much better value out there. if you dont make it a better deal your going to lose all the support from people like myself. the hop up parts are even priced crazy? sure i bought every single piece you offer, but do you know how much i spent to do it? i could have a bce chassis mugen for the same price!

i hadnt noticed this section before, thats why you hadnt heard from me already! if you dont believe what im sayin ill go get some people who feel the same as i do. if these things arent addressed by spring im changing brands...ive been waiting for some advancement of this truck, but its just dead in the water it seems? the matrix is good, but not that good. everyone always says how good the support is for cen, but if that were the case id think wed have seen these arms at least? maybe some tuning options even... but nothing new at all? well aside from the $3 diff cross pins... how exciting... they were already made by gene and available. but no arms?
i assumed cen wanted to be competitive on the race scene, but the lack of support for my truck has been bothering me... i paid a fortune for this damn thing!!

im not being negative here, im just trying to pass along what i and many other people have been thinking for a while now....

so whats cen gonna do?[:-]

ive ran the matrix for a season now and for the most part ive been happy with it, but as you can see ive found several weak links in its armor! if these few things can be addressed i think the cen would be a contender!

if youd like to pick my brain more on this subject please feel free to email me at,

[email protected]

i dont spend much time on this forum...

im talking to cen, so no need for an argument from the readers.. let cen reply to me.

thanks!
Old 12-25-2007, 08:40 PM
CrazyMento

Do you own a the matrix truggy? if not, maybe you need to look at one before you listen to other people compalint. and i repeat....

Old 12-26-2007, 09:08 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: CrazyMento

Do you own a the matrix truggy? if not, maybe you need to look at one before you listen to other people compalint. and i repeat....

I do not own it, but I have been looking at one for a while as I like several things about it.
Does yours have teh SH28?
Old 12-26-2007, 03:12 PM
beer=food
Banned

Them trucks are to big, to much mass, the smaller trucks like savages and revos, own them in jumps, own them for pick up, handling and control.These big things are more for the collector, he who wants to be different, and must have the biggest, or for those with little ''.......'', they are by no means the best MT's out there, define what quallifies that ?

They have motor's that produce less power than some of the quallity smaller motors on the market now, the 7.7 and 8.0 are nothing super special.

l would like to see some of these besser brick trucks, to pull some jumps off, like a revo does, then maybe its worth a look, but with that mass, unless you perfect land it, your talking massave damage, l have to agree with the above post, savages/revos are better bashers, better jumpers, and just a better overall design, ie, power to weight ratio, accidents are a no brainer with one of those massive things, the mass of savages or revo's, they bounce out of most accidents, these huge buggers aint gunna spring or bounce much, any of you got a video of one of these things doing a huge jump and getting it all wrong ? Post it.If you dare.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:01 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ think you been drinking too much beer dude. I havent seen too many GST vids, but the MGT 8.0 is a more powerful MGT 4.6, which can hang with any MT when it comes to bashing
Old 12-26-2007, 05:07 PM
scottywilkes

heres 1 of the MGT, the MGT is at the end and takes huge beatings before it brakes, from the beating my MGT has gotten, im very happy with the strength, out of all my mates with there LSTs, Savages etc, the MGT brakes the least

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4gz5QLMvKnI&feature=related

HighlifeMTs pure methanol powered MGT
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OmSvTio0d5s

And again lol
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ipTDnpDQPm8

And again HAHA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ER35nrsFb8

And another 1 that i think is pretty cool

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a1DTpbDYWJ0

Those are just a few vids i quickly found

And this 1 has the most crashes in it which is what u wanna look at
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eoJBH46gfNw
Old 12-26-2007, 05:33 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Of teh 2 trucks, no doubt I would say the MGT 8.0
Old 12-27-2007, 07:01 PM
richardcatdaddy

Cen claims the genesis 7.7 motor kicks out 5hp at 23000 rpms.I know it hauls my nemesis at a good clip.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:14 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: richardcatdaddy

Cen claims the genesis 7.7 motor kicks out 5hp at 23000 rpms.I know it hauls my nemesis at a good clip.

It doesnt. It dynoed at 1.6 hp iirc
Old 12-27-2007, 08:44 PM
TrRCER

ORIGINAL: richardcatdaddy

It doesnt. It dynoed at 1.6 hp iirc
Not this debate again. They also dyno the AE / Losi engine that claimed up to 3hp with only 1 hp. Just FYI. but who cares...

I too have the Matrix TR and never pop a CVD out. Its call setup, my friend.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Nick2618

the ONLY way to compare horsepower ratings if they are done the same place using the same equipment...

so it dose not matter who claims what...
Old 12-27-2007, 11:24 PM
vge

You know who the hell really cares about the HP. If you are out there having fun thats all that matters. People just want something to complain about.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:18 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: nick2618

the ONLY way to compare horsepower ratings if they are done the same place using the same equipment...

so it dose not matter who claims what...

They were.
On the xdyno.
The mach 427 was 1.32 hp
Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You know who the hell really cares about the HP. If you are out there having fun thats all that matters. People just want something to complain about.

God I wish there was more thinking like this on the forums, and less "mine is bigger than yours", etc.. etc...
Old 12-28-2007, 04:36 PM
richardcatdaddy

There ya have it,the man said it.Long as you are having fun with what you have,it dont matter whats the hp rating is or isnt.I have a blast with my nemesis 7.7 and it a 14 pound monster. Regardless its a lot of fun.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:59 PM
CEN Racing

CEN for life!!!!![:@]
Old 12-28-2007, 09:48 PM
kbreese

Wow, I was looking at purhcasing a CEN truck, but that quote above by "revopqrs" that IL2M posted definitely raised my eyebrows. That is a VERY interesting read and the guy definitely seems like he knows what he is talking about too. Of course nothing is perfect, but the issues he brought up seemed blatant & inexcusable to me. To make it worse, instead of addressing this post in this thread (and other comments as well), CEN RACING's response here is simple "CEN for life!!!.

LOL, ***?? Is that a blonde cheerleader or an actual Cen support rep?? I'd be curious to see CEN's response in the original thread.

Also, vge, patrick and richard,
I think you guys are missing the point. Obviously fun is everyone's goal, and its not about having ego contests, its about finding out the truth on these purchases we make or intend to make. I appreciate people like IL2M who pointed out that the motor dyno'd much less than it was advertised. Thats why I come to these forum's. For that kind of info. Again, of course we want to have fun, but it's no fun dealing with poorly made or falsely advertised products that you poored your hard earned money into.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:48 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: kbreese

Wow, I was looking at purhcasing a CEN truck, but that quote above by "revopqrs" that IL2M posted definitely raised my eyebrows. That is a VERY interesting read and the guy definitely seems like he knows what he is talking about too. Of course nothing is perfect, but the issues he brought up seemed blatant & inexcusable to me. To make it worse, instead of addressing this post in this thread (and other comments as well), CEN RACING's response here is simple "CEN for life!!!.

LOL, ***?? Is that a blonde cheerleader or an actual Cen support rep?? I'd be curious to see CEN's response in the original thread.

I think you guys are missing the point. Obviously fun is everyone's goal, and its not about having ego contests, its about finding out the truth on these purchases we make or intend to make. I appreciate people like IL2M who pointed out that the motor dyno'd much less than it was advertised. Thats why I come to these forum's. For that kind of info. Again, of course we want to have fun, but it's no fun dealing with poorly made or falsely advertised products that you poored your hard earned money into.
Well said, you got my point
Old 12-28-2007, 10:55 PM
jombo

if those are the choices then get the lst2 and dont look back you wont have a lic of problems with it..... anyone disagree with that
Old 12-29-2007, 12:33 AM
vge

ORIGINAL: kbreese

Well said, you got my point
I really think some day you guys will get it. The newer Cen RC's are far from poorly made. 75 - 80% of the problems people have any way are of their own fault. i am sure you can talk to any professional offroad racer and they will all tell you at one time or another they had a dog bone pop out. To blame the manufacturer for that is simply retarded. Second, if you really believe any of the dyno testing info on any engine for that matter to be 100% truth then your retarded. Even in real life cars you can dyno the same car with the same engine and get 100 different results. Honestly why do you even need to know how an engine dynos? I bet you could go to a race and ask 50 of the top pros that race Nitro and out of all them I bet more than half have no clue what their engine is hittin on the dyno tester. Why? Because it doesn't matter. There are so many factors in nitro tuning and engine tuning in general that it really has nothing to do with those stupid stats. Hell out of all my RC's none of them did I get because of some BS dyno test I saw in some mag. As a matter of fact most of the noobs on this site that just care about speed know nothing about racing. If they did they would realize that racing really is not about the fastest more powerful engine on the track. Only people that care about those things are noobs that bash and wanna drag race and say I beat you in a straight sway. After you do that twice who cares? You say Cen did false advertising. Well maybe you should consider some things. Condition, weather, gas, tunning, glow plugs, was the dyno machine tunned correct. So many things can go into those number that you would have a chance in hell in recreating the same exact scenario again.

What I can tell you this my friend. Is that if you look at my garage you will see that I have all of the top trucks. I got rid of my Savage X for personal reasons. But i can tell you that my Cen is no better or worse in my opinion than any of my other rc's. Now I do prefer my LST2 over them all for personal reasons. But it has nothing to do with quality. So what you need to do is talk to people that have them all and can tell you based on running them all. People like me are the only ones that can truly give you an open non-bias opinion. Those that don't have one should not even talk. And thats the bottom line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.