Notices
RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

The purchase has been made!! Conversion begins

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Patxipt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The purchase has been made!! Conversion begins

The forks seem to be around 3mm thick, and i can only get 1.5mm thick tubing. I'll try to fill them up with sand then solder a top so it won't bend (hopefully)
I have a kart track nearby, might try it next time.
What do you think that happened when it started wobbling? Could it be that as trailing forks it won't happen or should I try to get me a steering damper?
BTW I rode my NF501 next and i just kept hitting the curbs. They must have magnets built into them
Old 06-30-2007, 09:45 AM
porscheaddiction

ORIGINAL: Patxipt

The forks seem to be around 3mm thick, and i can only get 1.5mm thick tubing. I'll try to fill them up with sand then solder a top so it won't bend (hopefully)
I have a kart track nearby, might try it next time.
What do you think that happened when it started wobbling? Could it be that as trailing forks it won't happen or should I try to get me a steering damper?
BTW I rode my NF501 next and i just kept hitting the curbs. They must have magnets built into them
Did you bend another set of forks?? Stay away from the curbs thats what bends them lol actually running into the curbs and on top of them is what does it.
I don't think its the trailing type forks that cause the wobble as my own bike the tree was not reversed its been kept in the stock position. Forks being bent could cause that to happen...rough /broken pavement could too as well as some sort of moisture including not limited to gas/oil. Running over garbage that you can not see, and rocks too that you don't see will make the bike do odd things. Launching the bike with the steering not straight can cause that effect . and over correcting the steering may cause it, remember we are throwing this 50lb monster out of balance to turn it and to bring it upright again we some how have to put it back in balance with throttle/steering.
Hope that helps.
I should be taking out my beast sometime this weekend
but today its the gas boat.
Chris.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Patxipt

I'll give it a try as a trailing setup when I put the new forks in - I told you I had bent them (see 1st post after yesterday's trial above)! Just to see if it rides any better. At least when they are as a trailing setup, the upper triangle thingy that holds the forks hits some stops on the chassis, limiting the amount of turning - which is good, at least the servo doesn't take it all by itself.
I know you kept yours standard, must be the better climate over there that keeps it running good
Next try, I'm going to the other side of the parking lot curb, it's wider. The one i rode yesterday was just 2 passage lanes, the other side has that and 2 rows for parking.

How about this?

http://www.mp3.piaggio.com/index_eng.html

See ya!
Old 07-01-2007, 04:43 PM
porscheaddiction

ORIGINAL: Patxipt
I know you kept yours standard, must be the better climate over there that keeps it running good
Next try, I'm going to the other side of the parking lot curb, it's wider. The one i rode yesterday was just 2 passage lanes, the other side has that and 2 rows for parking.

See ya!
only 2 lanes...that is part of your problem too, you need a bigger place to operate your beast at.
Try a school yard or industrial area when they are closed. I use mine in a local high school parking lot on the weekends, Plenty of room just have to watch the storm drains bike flips when it hits those lol I still havn't had my beast out yet this weekend, I was stuck making a new drive shaft for my gas boat. broke yesterday while at the lake.
Hope your weekend is going well.
Chris.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:56 PM
archer7153

I have always wanted to do this
Old 08-17-2007, 09:27 AM
porscheaddiction

ORIGINAL: archer7153

I have always wanted to do this
Then go for it!!! its very rewarding to see this size bike move under r/c. If you decide to try this just be safe about it.
Chris.