Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:14 PM
friday13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI MT2 Thread

ORIGINAL: thestratcat

ORIGINAL: friday13

this morning included more torture tests from me on the way to work. I took the truck to the local state park and ran it... this thing is crazy fun!!! snow hills were nothing, I spent most of the time airborne over drifts... very cool!!!

(now it's killing me to see the truck sitting beside my desk, sounds like it's time for an early lunch!!! )

What is it you do at work? Your position?
I work as a dispatcher for a trucking company... I've already had the truck out in the yard for two tanks of fuel this morning running around
Right on! You're hooked like I am to RC! I look for any opportunity to run.

There was one time I was waiting for a client to have a meeting and by chance had my truck in the trunk - so I ran it for about 10-15 mins. just in time before he arrived. LOL

Old 12-22-2005, 03:18 PM
friday13

This cold weather we are having can damage your motor. Tough it out and wait for good weather. I strongly advise you on this. I havn't ran my RC's in a month. Just give it time. It's cold up here.

It looks like this Saturday it'll be +7 degrees and we'll be in the plus temp. till mid next week. Keep an eye out on the weather forecast.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:32 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

this morning included more torture tests from me on the way to work. I took the truck to the local state park and ran it... this thing is crazy fun!!! snow hills were nothing, I spent most of the time airborne over drifts... very cool!!!

(now it's killing me to see the truck sitting beside my desk, sounds like it's time for an early lunch!!! )

I work as a dispatcher for a trucking company... I've already had the truck out in the yard for two tanks of fuel this morning running around

There was one time I was waiting for a client to have a meeting and by chance had my truck in the trunk - so I ran it for about 10-15 mins. just in time before he arrived. LOL

I'm thinking about going out and having another run, but I'm feeling kinda guilty, I've got all the guys working and have pretty much bullied them all week and I'm out screwing off.. oh well..
Old 12-22-2005, 03:39 PM
friday13

I'm thinking about going out and having another run, but I'm feeling kinda guilty, I've got all the guys working and have pretty much bullied them all week and I'm out screwing off.. oh well..
Be careful.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:57 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

daggummit!!! I'm screwed... I left the stupid radio on under my desk and the batteries are toast!! OUCH!!!!

Old 12-22-2005, 04:14 PM
friday13

daggummit!!! I'm screwed... I left the stupid radio on under my desk and the batteries are toast!! OUCH!!!!
LOL
Old 12-23-2005, 12:24 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Nice workstation.

I think I like your old one better. It has more character. Did your old one have more room? Looks like it.
Yea, the old one had more surface area, but my new one has more drawer space. I still have the old one near the new one, but it was kinda used for everything else also. This new one is just for RC's. I also like the shelf at the bottom to hold the cars/trucks not being used and the built in florescent lights and power strip also. I gotta go buy some hooks and things now so I can hang stuff from the peg board though.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:55 AM
bradley_wrench

the .18TZ is fast but not as wicked as my .21rg. the previous owner kept blowing diffs with it, but on closer inspection i found the flaw causing it. Operator head space and timing was off and he missed putting the shims in to set the gears closer. all is good now, runs better than ever.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:56 PM
MT 2 in Ca.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!
Old 12-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Fieroboy

Merry X-Mas people.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:26 PM
MT 2 in Ca.

I went for a Christmas BASH, ( Get it ![>:]) And My Throttle Servo wouldn't respond. [:@] It would just sit there clicking neutral to Brake position than repeated. Once in a while I'll get control of it, But than it goes back to "neutral to Brake" routine. I just recharged my receiver pack! It's hecka cloudy (LITE Sprinkle). And I never had this happend to me before. My steering Servo works find. I wonder if it was the fail safe, it got wet or something? The weather? Interference?[]

Yours Newbie,
[8D]
Old 12-25-2005, 05:55 PM
redfox03

ill finally be gettin my mt2 this coming thursday!!!! i cant wait!!
Old 12-25-2005, 06:52 PM
narly

here are some pics of the wing i put on my mt2 ignore the colour it will be changed [:'(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39775.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	375560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29033.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	375561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69736.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	375562  
Old 12-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Blowerz

Guys right i brought a HPI mT2 bout 2 months ago and it went outta range and i hit a doggy bin resulting in a snapped front arm so it been on my desk for this long because my hobbie shops have shut down in the area 2 questions. 1. will it be fine startin and running it agen it will start for def ? 2. i have orderd a venom fail safe but how do you install them could someone please help me ?????

many thanks Blowerz
Old 12-25-2005, 07:28 PM
mt2nitronut

it just plugs between your battery pack and the recieverv it should come with the instruction anyway if your not sure.
ORIGINAL: Blowerz

Guys right i brought a HPI mT2 bout 2 months ago and it went outta range and i hit a doggy bin resulting in a snapped front arm so it been on my desk for this long because my hobbie shops have shut down in the area 2 questions. 1. will it be fine startin and running it agen it will start for def ? 2. i have orderd a venom fail safe but how do you install them could someone please help me ?????

many thanks Blowerz
Old 12-25-2005, 07:32 PM
mt2nitronut

check your screw on top that hold linkage may be loose that happened to me when i tighten up the screw on top it was fine afterwords
ORIGINAL: MT 2 in Ca.

I went for a Christmas BASH, ( Get it ![>:]) And My Throttle Servo wouldn't respond. [:@] It would just sit there clicking neutral to Brake position than repeated. Once in a while I'll get control of it, But than it goes back to "neutral to Brake" routine. I just recharged my receiver pack! It's hecka cloudy (LITE Sprinkle). And I never had this happend to me before. My steering Servo works find. I wonder if it was the fail safe, it got wet or something? The weather? Interference?[]

Yours Newbie,
[8D]
Old 12-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Blowerz

Aww excellent and my other question the car should start pretty well still after few tries ??? so venom fail safe pretty easy fit no snippin of wires and joinin together ??? hopefully explains all in booklet

im not the cleverest guy in the world im only 17 so just wonderd coz i read on the venom site and i didnt get much of it :P
Old 12-25-2005, 10:19 PM
mt2nitronut

IT SHOULD START EASY IF YOU,VE TUNED EVERYTHING RIGHT ,I AM NEW MYSELF,i,ve learned some by trial and error ,the jacks may fit and be compatable but i am not sure ,i am just using a spring on the throttle arm to pull it back when transmitter looses signal or something else goes wrong

Aww excellent and my other question the car should start pretty well still after few tries ??? so venom fail safe pretty easy fit no snippin of wires and joinin together ??? hopefully explains all in booklet

im not the cleverest guy in the world im only 17 so just wonderd coz i read on the venom site and i didnt get much of it :P
Old 12-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Blowerz

yer i have a spring on the throttle to but just wonderd how u linked it up so it cuts the engine out when it loses range but ill fiqure it out and yer if it dont start ill turn the high speed needle to get it started. because i only just done the run in then it broke so gotta get it going then tune it proper then i be as happy as larry
Old 12-26-2005, 11:01 AM
mt2nitronut

there is know garanty that the spring will do the job ,just figured it would pull servoe back to nutral if signal is lost bad advice on my part sorry .found out this mornin that the spring i have doesn,t pull it back when transmitter looses signal, i better get a failsafe to my truck went wild glad i was surrounded by snow mounds.

yer i have a spring on the throttle to but just wonderd how u linked it up so it cuts the engine out when it loses range but ill fiqure it out and yer if it dont start ill turn the high speed needle to get it started. because i only just done the run in then it broke so gotta get it going then tune it proper then i be as happy as larry
Old 12-26-2005, 11:05 AM
mt2nitronut

can any on recamend a good failsafe for the mt2
Old 12-26-2005, 11:42 AM
and_des

I had a Ofna fail safe to begin with but had allot of problem with it, since than I've replace it with a Venom one and its doing a good job never a problem, I like the set up screw you can adjust it were you want. [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHUH6&P=ML[/link]
Old 12-26-2005, 12:00 PM
mt2nitronut

THANKS and_des need one now that i know the spring doesnt work.
ORIGINAL: and_des

I had a Ofna fail safe to begin with but had allot of problem with it, since than I've replace it with a Venom one and its doing a good job never a problem, I like the set up screw you can adjust it were you want. [link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHUH6&P=ML[/link]
Old 12-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Blowerz

yer a fail safe is what im gonna get but can any1 help me because i can buy one but how to fit it all like the tempreture loop just goes round the engine but how do you set it up so it cuts out when you lose signal ?? ?? ??PLEASE HELP ME then ill be well away and can drive everywhere without worryin it go outta range
Old 12-26-2005, 01:03 PM
kuhndog599

i have an ofna fail safe on mine and no problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.