Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Duratrax Nito Evader ST Stripped Differential, what else should I order?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Duratrax Nito Evader ST Stripped Differential, what else should I order?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 08:38 PM
GeeBeer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax Nito Evader ST Stripped Differential, what else should I order?

Hello, I got a Duratrax Nito Evader St today and on the fourth tank I managed to strip the differential on the inside... so I need to purchase a new differential gear. I selected the one at towerhobbies that is made of aluminum instead of nylon... this should last a bit longer!

Question is... is there anything else that you think I might want to buy along with this? I've got all the balls from the origional differential that I assume just go in the new one... anyone else have suggentions on what else that I might need for parts on this truck? What a blast it is to drive... I just want to be able to fix it the same day when it breaks!

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:47 PM
David D

Default RE: Duratrax Nito Evader ST Stripped Differential, what else should I order?

You could pick up the carbide diff balls if you want they will last a little longer. I think the ones for the associated rc10gt are the same size, but cheaper. I know there are cheaper ones out there, just look around they need to be 3/32" and you will need 12.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:07 PM
GeeBeer

Default RE: Duratrax Nito Evader ST Stripped Differential, what else should I order?

Good deal, Ill get some more balls

Is there anything else that commonly breaks on the car? Id like to pick up some spare parts that I might need so I dont get shut down so quickly and for so long
Old 08-20-2005, 10:37 PM
David D

Get a set of front suspension arms, rear suspension arms a front shock tower and a rear shock tower, and a spur gear, then if you break a part you can replace it and send in the broken one for warranty. Also i would get a set of steering knuckles, and a set of rear hubs. That should keep you running for a long time.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Filthy_Haiku

Good deal, Ill get some more balls

Is there anything else that commonly breaks on the car? Id like to pick up some spare parts that I might need so I dont get shut down so quickly and for so long
Build it like THIS ONE: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2877713/tm.htm [>:]
Old 08-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Snipin_Willy

Got an evader...today...and stripped the diff gear on the 4th tank. Are you in the prosses of breaking the engine in? Alot of people use the plastic gears because they are cheaper to replace if ans when they do go bad. I've been running my gears for about a gallon, and the truck was used when I got it. The aluminum clutch bell wore out faster than the diff gear, and as far as I can tell my diff gear is as good as the day I bought the truck.
But yea, get the carbide balls too.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:21 AM
gerwen

You have to make sure that when you accelerate, your diff isn't slipping. Adjust the diff tight, and the slipper loose enough so that the slipper slips before the diff.

To check, hold one wheel, and jam your finger in between the spur and clutch bell, and rotate the other wheel. Make sure it's the slipper that's slipping.