Official RC10GT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 01:06 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official RC10GT Thread

ORIGINAL: pilotwings119

I just still need someone to help me find the perfect place to set my diff screw at. I don't have a diff spring, and I'm fine w/o it, so I'm guessing it needs to be a little tighter than it would with the spring.. I used to have it really tight where the differential wouldn't actually "diff" and the wheels would never turn the opposite direction, but I think having it too tight put too much stress on the RRP diff gear (stripped partially, unuseable). So I'll try to go a little looser, but that'll sacrifice some speed and I LOVED how good the acceleration was when I had it real tight.. I guess I'll just do trial and error unless someone has some tips - anyone?
You need the diff spring!! You tighten the spring down tight, then back it off 1/8th of a turn. Then you need to set the slipper so the slipper will slip before the diff. When the dif is set right, the wheels will still turn the same direction unless you apply the brakes. Then they will turn opposite direction.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:24 AM
gkcx

I contacted associated on this. I have 3 GT's. When you turn the wheel and hold the spur gear the wheels should turn in opposite directions. Without holding the spur gear they should turn in the same direction.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:45 AM
J_Bone

ORIGINAL: gkcx

I contacted associated on this. I have 3 GT's. When you turn the wheel and hold the spur gear the wheels should turn in opposite directions. Without holding the spur gear they should turn in the same direction.
exactly. The brakes will do the same thing.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:35 AM
sfleuriet

Okay I printed out those posts, so I'll try to get it set like that today. But if I don't like the decreased torque/acceleration, I'll just risk it and have it real tight. And I think the reason my diff spring WILL NOT go in (screw never reaches the wingnut threads) is because the wingnut is an aftermarket aluminum one - So I'll try the plastic stock one and hope it works.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:08 AM
SnSHampton

ORIGINAL: J_Bone

ORIGINAL: JimmySpencer 2

Hi all! well i sure hate to come in here with a question but here it goes. I have a rc10gt with a Top c12 motor non pull start.it starts easy runs good and fast but at some point in my running if a stop it will just die,then to restart it i have to pretty much trim it wide open for it to start.and then the same thing all over again.when it idles it idles right but then it will just stop.I cant find anything on the net on how this motor carb settings are to be set. any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Sounds like it needs a new glow plug or even old/bad fuel.
Thanks J Bone I think the fuel was bought in 2004 LOL,So that will make a difference?well you are never to old to lean something.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:37 AM
poseyracing

Check the items J Bone mentioned and you may also want to go back and seal up the engine around the carb, backplate and high speed needle. Once hot, the engine could be sucking air at one of these locations leading to the symptoms mentioned. How high are the temps getting once you have it warmed up? Anything more than 250 is too hot IMO, especially for a hard to get traction stadium truck. If the compression is on it's way out, high temps will magnify the problem too.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:44 AM
J_Bone

ORIGINAL: JimmySpencer 2
Thanks J Bone I think the fuel was bought in 2004 LOL,So that will make a difference?well you are never to old to lean something.
Yes, fuel can go bad real quick! I ususally burn through mine fast enough that I don't have to worry about it. If stored properly, I would keep it maybe 6 months.
Old fuel runs bad and will burn up plugs.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:50 AM
J_Bone

Okay I printed out those posts, so I'll try to get it set like that today. But if I don't like the decreased torque/acceleration, I'll just risk it and have it real tight. And I think the reason my diff spring WILL NOT go in (screw never reaches the wingnut threads) is because the wingnut is an aftermarket aluminum one - So I'll try the plastic stock one and hope it works.
You ya, you got all the RRP stuff. I persoanlly would never recommend any of that. It seems to lead to more troubles than actually fixing any thing. I would recommend running the stock gears and eevry thing. But if the bolt doesnt' work withthe plastic wing nut, try a longer bolt.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:56 PM
hanney

dou use mozilla, because i have it, and i tried it on internet explorer and it seems to work...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:20 PM
sfleuriet

I was FINALLY able to get the diff spring in today, but it didn't help much. I had to take out those 6 balls and 1 washer that sit on the end of the screw (head end) inside the right outdrive and put the stock plastic T-nut back in, and the screw finally engaged with the T-nut. The screw kept coming loose though all day.. I constantly had to stop and tighten it. But about an hour ago I put a bunch of threadlock on the end of the screw and inside the T-nut, so hopefully it'll dry and work better from now on. If not, I don't know what I'll do.. probably just cry. I'm hoping to try and race for the first time tomorrow or next week.

I had some odd and frustrating problems today. While I was at the track, a couple rod ends and thin nuts kept coming out on my hard noobish landings. After threadlocking most of them, it seemed to do the trick. Next I went over to the elementary school playground to do some dirt pile jumping where I had more problems.. Along with the diff screw problem (kept coming loose), I had two other problems. First, the throttle servo went completely dead out of nowhere. So I had to replace that with my spare Futaba S3003, and I was back in business. Then, I had my first runaway. The battery plug came out on a hard landing, and it just took off. LUCKILY, it was only going about 1/4th throttle, so I was able to run and catch up to it pretty fast.

I hope tomorrow goes better!
Old 04-14-2006, 06:26 PM
J_Bone

I was FINALLY able to get the diff spring in today, but it didn't help much. I had to take out those 6 balls and 1 washer that sit on the end of the screw (head end) inside the right outdrive and put the stock plastic T-nut back in, and the screw finally engaged with the T-nut. The screw kept coming loose though all day.. I constantly had to stop and tighten it. But about an hour ago I put a bunch of threadlock on the end of the screw and inside the T-nut, so hopefully it'll dry and work better from now on. If not, I don't know what I'll do.. probably just cry. I'm hoping to try and race for the first time tomorrow or next week.

I had some odd and frustrating problems today. While I was at the track, a couple rod ends and thin nuts kept coming out on my hard noobish landings. After threadlocking most of them, it seemed to do the trick. Next I went over to the elementary school playground to do some dirt pile jumping where I had more problems.. Along with the diff screw problem (kept coming loose), I had two other problems. First, the throttle servo went completely dead out of nowhere. So I had to replace that with my spare Futaba S3003, and I was back in business. Then, I had my first runaway. The battery plug came out on a hard landing, and it just took off. LUCKILY, it was only going about 1/4th throttle, so I was able to run and catch up to it pretty fast.

I hope tomorrow goes better!
You need those washers too!! [X(] When installed correctly, I've never had any problems with my diff once it was broken in. Which is 1 to 2 tanks. The rod ends wear out adn that's part of the beast with rod ends. I use captured end where ever I can. Captured ends are on the bottom of your shocks..
Old 04-14-2006, 09:20 PM
sfleuriet

Well it's impossible to make the spring fit inside there with those washers and balls in. And I did leave ONE washer (had to so the head wouldn't just fall in), and put some black grease on it. Seems fine.. might just need more locktight and then just let it sit overnight. I'll probably try to run it again tomorrow if I have time, but I've got tons of stuff to do tomorrow so it might just wait till Sunday.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:13 AM
J_Bone

Well it's impossible to make the spring fit inside there with those washers and balls in. And I did leave ONE washer (had to so the head wouldn't just fall in), and put some black grease on it. Seems fine.. might just need more locktight and then just let it sit overnight. I'll probably try to run it again tomorrow if I have time, but I've got tons of stuff to do tomorrow so it might just wait till Sunday.
Wow, I don't know what to tell you. There should be no need for loc tite either. I think you should completly rebuild you diff and gear box. [sm=confused.gif]
Old 04-15-2006, 01:30 AM
brimo

So what happens if you spin one wheel and the other doesn't spint at all... if you hold the spur gear they spin in opposite directions. diff too loose?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:54 AM
Fast Guy

I don't know if I'm reading this right but the diff spring goes under the plastic "T" nut on the opposite side from 2 washers and 6 balls. Also when you assemble the transmission the adjustment screw for the diff should be on the same side as the spur gear. If it is on the other side the diff adjustment screw will loosen off every run. No loctite should be required. Get your manual out and start from scratch.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:33 AM
sfleuriet

ORIGINAL: Nitro Flash

I don't know if I'm reading this right but the diff spring goes under the plastic "T" nut on the opposite side from 2 washers and 6 balls. Also when you assemble the transmission the adjustment screw for the diff should be on the same side as the spur gear. If it is on the other side the diff adjustment screw will loosen off every run. No loctite should be required. Get your manual out and start from scratch.
Yes I have it like that. The spring is under the T-nut on the opposite side from the 2 washers and 6 balls, and the screw is on the spur gear side. I did get my manual out yesterday, and read through the entire directions for diff and tranny assembly. I did it just like the manual said, but the screw just would not engage with the threads on the T-nut without taking something out to make the screw "longer", which is why I took out 1 washer and the 6 balls.

Yeah I agree - Locktight shouldn't be necessary, but I found it to be my last resort. If it doesn't work, I might try and mail it to someone and hire them to fix it or figure out *** my problem is. I might be missing/overlooking something.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:20 AM
J_Bone

ORIGINAL: brimo

So what happens if you spin one wheel and the other doesn't spint at all... if you hold the spur gear they spin in opposite directions. diff too loose?
yup, too loose. Check you hub bearings and make sure they are not bad.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:18 PM
gordondude24

I took out 1 washer and the 6 balls.

If you do not have the washers and the six balls on there your diff WILL loosenup every time you run it. Just get a longer screw!
Old 04-15-2006, 12:29 PM
sfleuriet

ORIGINAL: gordondude24

If you do not have the washers and the six balls on there your diff WILL loosenup every time you run it. Just get a longer screw!
Where exactly would I get a longer screw? And how on earth could 6 balls just sitting there prevent it from coming loose? [&:]
Old 04-15-2006, 10:41 PM
J_Bone

ORIGINAL: gordondude24

Where exactly would I get a longer screw? And how on earth could 6 balls just sitting there prevent it from coming loose? [&:]
Hardware store or even your LHS.
The bottom line, you need it to keep it running right. If not, your having to tighten it every run and then it's getting so loose you probably need to rebuild the diff now.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:55 PM
sfleuriet

I don't understand how rebuilding would do anything.. I just did that! Took everything apart inside the tranny case. And I found yet another problem today - the tranny-end of my "driver side" CVD can't push inside the outdrive all the way, thus making the springs lopsided. The CVD can't go in because of the added length of the diff spring. That definitely needs to be fixed... all this crap is so screwed up, and it all looks exactly like the manual says it should!! [>:][]
Old 04-16-2006, 01:20 AM
brimo

So I'm running a .18 cv-rx in my 10gt i was wondering if you guys could tell me what the manufacture's mixture setting should be at... I know that the high speed needle is at 2 turns out... is the mixture needle the same?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:25 AM
J_Bone

I don't understand how rebuilding would do anything.. I just did that! Took everything apart inside the tranny case. And I found yet another problem today - the tranny-end of my "driver side" CVD can't push inside the outdrive all the way, thus making the springs lopsided. The CVD can't go in because of the added length of the diff spring. That definitely needs to be fixed... all this crap is so screwed up, and it all looks exactly like the manual says it should!! [>:][]
Ya, something is wrong then. It's hard to do it for you across the Net. lol....
The spring shouldn't affect it at all. The T-nut should crank all the way down tight. Then you back it off 1/8 of a turn. Maybe you have the T-nut on the wrong out drive?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:27 AM
J_Bone

ORIGINAL: brimo

So I'm running a .18 cv-rx in my 10gt i was wondering if you guys could tell me what the manufacture's mixture setting should be at... I know that the high speed needle is at 2 turns out... is the mixture needle the same?
IT has a Low Speed Needle and a High Speed Needle. Both are mixture needles but at different points.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:52 AM
brimo

I think I found it... .5 turns in from it being flush with the body of the screw sound right(lowspeed needle)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.