Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

2013 Bakersfield 2nd Annual Pattern Bash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2013 Bakersfield 2nd Annual Pattern Bash

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:05 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2013 Bakersfield 2nd Annual Pattern Bash

Hey Chip kudo's to you for knowing how to promote a contest. This is really impressive. I'm looking forward to what transpires. Thanks for promoting pattern so well. Mike
Old 04-18-2013, 09:17 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: mups53

Hey Chip kudo's to you for knowing how to promote a contest. This is really impressive. I'm looking forward to what transpires. Thanks for promoting pattern so well. Mike
I'll second that. This guy never quits working. We should all be very thankful to all the guys who make pattern contests, seminars, etc., possible year after year without a lot of glory and zero compensation. We've got a great bunch in District 7. Thanks to all.

Jim O
Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 AM
MemoBill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: OhD

ORIGINAL: mups53

I'll second that. This guy never quits working. We should all be very thankful to all the guys who make pattern contests, seminars, etc., possible year after year without a lot of glory and zero compensation. We've got a great bunch in District 7. Thanks to all.

Jim O
I also agree. Chip, I will be bringing the Phoenix 8 to Arvin tomorrow.
Bill
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 PM
pvogel

Hey Chip,

Where's the catalog of eligible maneuvers for Old School and their K-factor? Finally got my Curare maidened last weekend so I'll have some fun in the 38 + under totalK class.

Peter+
Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 PM
JSchoolcraft

Peter,
Look up last years Arvin bash. Chip posted the list of maneuvers, the aresti's, and the descriptions. I believe it was on page 2. Also if I'm not mistaken its 35k or less for all in flight maneuvers. Take off and landings are not judged and you must list a total of 12 maneuvers. There is also a 45k version for the more advanced pilots.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
Jamie
Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Surefire
My Feedback: (1)

Peter & Jamie - I believe that TO & Landing are judged. The total # of maneuvers is 14 counting TO & Landing. You have 2 options to make a pattern. 35K and 45K.

Peter - I can send you a list of maneuvers off line.

Thanks,
Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 AM
KLXMASTER14

From the second page of last years thread (Thanks Jamie):

"copy of the FAI rule book from 1983. It is actually 12 manuevers totaling 45K not counting take off and landing. I have attached the relevant sections below."

Link:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._2/key_/tm.htm

(See post #29 & 32)

Chip is using the FAI section, not the AMA section, hence the no score on the takeoff & landing.

-Robert
Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Surefire
My Feedback: (1)

Bummer! I thought we were using the AMA section! Oh well, just need to modify slightly.

Thanks,
Old 04-24-2013, 10:34 AM
jgg215

Last year what we flew was definitely 12 maneuvers, 45K and no judged landings/takeoffs.
Sorry I will miss it this year.
John
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 AM
jon bruml

JG
you coming to bakersfield this year??
JB
Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
jon bruml

apparently i should have read the second line of your message
sorry you are not attending we will miss you
Old 04-24-2013, 01:08 PM
SanJoseDale

Chip, are we supposed to be sending our sequences to you, or? Where should we send?

Dale

Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Here is what Chip posted earlier,

Just one thing to add today.

The 35k Old School class will be 12 maneuvers not counting take off and landing, as is the 45k Masters class.

Also, he is using the 1983 FAI rules, not the 80,81 AMA as is the Classic Pattern Association. The K-Factors are different between 83 FAI and 81 AMA. Attached is a pdf with all the '83 FAI maneuvers. Also attached is a 35K pattern I did for Jamie.

Dale, while the maneuvers are a little easier, I think you electric guys are going to have problems getting through all 12 maneuvers along with TO and landing. The lower K maneuvers still take a lot of time.

Chip did mention a while back that he needs you to turn in your patterns by 10 AM Friday.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Tr51190.pdf (40.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf
Bw71427.pdf (33.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-24-2013, 01:20 PM
SanJoseDale

Thanks Tony, Jon, Frank and I had come up with a 12 maneuvers (14 w/ to and landing) which added up to 35, and could get through with out electric, but now need to fine two more K factor points. Will look at these now.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 PM
TonyF

Dale, the pattern I did for Jamie was light on rolling maneuvers and strong on looping as that is what we thought was best for him. He's going to be using my Mini-Contender again so that has no duration problems. Rolling maneuvers can get you the K without a lot of duration issues. Just check the K's on all the maneuvers as there are differences between the two lists.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:38 PM
pvogel

Thanks Tony!

In the hands of a decent pilot my Curare should be able to get through the sequence you put together for Jamie. The question is whether *I* can get through that sequence without crashing the Curare! :-) :-(

Peter+
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM
pvogel

Hey Dale, shouldn't you, Jon + Frank be competing in the 45 point class?

Peter+
Old 04-24-2013, 01:42 PM
SanJoseDale

HAHA, not with my current electric set up. Need a few thousand mAH more

Old 04-24-2013, 02:24 PM
pvogel

Geeze. MOVE UP! :-)
Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM
TonyF

Pete, you need any help trying the Classic stuff just let me know. I'll be happy to call you through it.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks Tony for clearing that up and sorry I have been away for the last couple days. Since Monday I have had a death in the family and Leon has been admitted to the Bakersfield Heart Hospital. I have been fortunate as far as my immediate family goes. We have gone the last 26 years without losing anyone. Unfortunately, my uncle passed away peacefully in his sleep at 93 years young Sat. Night. He was the oldest of the 5 of them on my dads side as well as my favorite uncle and he lived a very full life.

As for Leon I have known he was not feeling good for the past year or so but getting him to a doctor who took his insurance was just about impossible. He did change insurance at the first of the year and finally was able to go to his doctor, who is also a club member. (He knows how to pick'em) Anyhow he went straight from the doctors office into the heart clinic here yesterday and is now feeling much better and actually looking forward to his surgery which is scheduled for later tonight. It is open heart but according to the doctor its a fairly routine deal.

I will know more tomorrow.

Now on to the contest. I have no problem adjusting the 35k pattern in order to help accommodate everyone. If you guys are good with 10 maneuvers plus takeoff and landing then we will do it that way. I am open to anything lets just talk about it at the field and we can make a decision and go with it.

I would still like to have all the patterns by 10am fri. however the earlier the better. We are going to stop flying at 10:30am Fri. and have a pilots meeting shortly there after. Expert, Old School 35 and 45K and FAI will be the classes flown Friday and with a few exceptions I am already aware of you guys need to be ready to go at 11:00 sharp. Expert starts off the show....
Judging assignments will be ready and given out for the day at the pilots meeting.

I think we will finish up 2 rounds for everyone around 3:30pm at which time the field will re open. Sometime around 6pm we will shut it back down and have some practice time for the funfighters on the course.

We will have lunch being cooked on site Friday and can order some pizzas Friday evening for those of us that want something simple to eat. Sat we will have breakfast, lunch and dinner at the field and each meal will be first rate.

The whether is forecast to be absolutely perfect with highs in the mid 80's with light winds. Please bring your own ez ups that can be staked down in the grass as I have a feeling the covered area is going to be pretty packed. As for charging we will need some people to run there generators even though we have power. I am not as familiar with the breakers like Leon is so if we lose power we might not get it back as quickly as in the past.

If I have left anything out please hit me up at the field tomorrow I am running on E at the moment.

Lastly I just want to say to everyone that is planning on attending we are looking forward to having each and every one of you here this weekend, without you it would not be possible. The only thing that I have to insist on is that we all have a great time. None of us are getting rich off this stuff so we must be doing this because we enjoy it. With that being said if you have a problem or concern about anything please come to myself or Jon in the beginning. Don't wait until it is to late to address the issue and for heaven sake please don't go home and come up with something a month after the fact. <G>

We have a ton of flying to get in so please guys be ready. Our good buddy Brock is going to be running the lines so please listen to him. Go where he tells you and we should not have any issues. We have scheduled 8 minutes for each person on Friday and then we will adjust from there.

See you at the field

Chip

Old 04-25-2013, 08:05 AM
SanJoseDale

Chip, us Norcal guys re-did our sequence to these rules, 35K and no TO and landing judged.
Ijust emailed mine to your yahoo email, let us know if you need it somewhere else?

Thanks,

Dale
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Jeff Pfeifer
My Feedback: (4)

Chip,

I just want to let you know that I'm not going to be able to make the contest.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 04-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Jeff its to bad you weren't able to make it, maybe next year
Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Chip,
Thanks for running such a fun event. I really had a great time. I'm sure you must be pretty exhausted! You ran a great show. Thanks for all of your hard work and also all the work from the Bear Mountain team and everyone else that pitched in!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.