RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   2008 Tangerine... reports and pics (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/8108952-2008-tangerine-reports-pics.html)

hilson87 12-09-2008 12:40 AM

RE: 2008 Tangerine... reports and pics

ORIGINAL: JAS

ORIGINAL: hilson87

ORIGINAL: Freeman Jr.

WHO IS THIS CHIC. Maybe someone could hook her and Blake up. LOL
HAHAHA...Man let me tell yah she is one good looking pattern pilot...mmm.mmm...wow. If only.......HAHAHA
You don't think I just let ANYONE borrow a pattern plane do you Gary...lol
HAHA!!!LOL!

AmericanSpectre505 12-09-2008 08:12 AM

Larry,...

Let me know about when you are making the trip to S. Carolina and I will see if the Element is repaired and ready,..your more than welcome to fly it.

For the other questions: The plane was damaged during the trip from California,..I will post that on the Element thread.

Happy Holidays to every one!

Best Regards,

Bill Holsten
Team Fliton

Planeclaims 12-09-2008 09:03 AM

Gary Jr.,

At least that chic showed up.................; Your Dad stopped by on Sunday...............; Now, about my volunteering to work your pylon contest, hmmmmmmmm?????????

Steve

tIANci 12-09-2008 11:05 AM

Bill ... that was a bummer!

JAS 12-09-2008 12:26 PM

Check out this short clip Blake took of Chip havin fun with the Omega after the contest.

[link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/Ballistic-Pattern]Omega[/link]

RC_Pattern_Flyer 12-09-2008 02:39 PM

Hahaha, nice Chip.. almost too fast to appreciate!

Chuck

grcourtney 12-09-2008 08:21 PM

Steve and Orlando great show enjoyed it alot see the rest of you in ocala???

gary

Patterndude1 12-10-2008 09:38 PM

It sounds like everyone had a great time for an end of the year contest. I wanted to go but I had duties elsewhere which had forbidden me to go..:) I really wanted to have a end of the year shoot out for the fun of it since the "Crowley District Championship" was the final for D6 this year, and it was a success.

I will have to try next year. [>:]

Matt

PS: I am guessing the foamy wars were a success as they always are?? Some good demololition going on???[8D]

Planeclaims 12-11-2008 12:58 PM

Melissa,

Hope this message finds you and Mike in better health than last week. I want to thank you for your keeping your cell phone on last weekend, just in case. As it turned out, after you answered all the questions we had prior to the start of the contest, I believe Wesley only called once. Now that he understands the program, he will explain it to me.

Thanks again,
Steve

Passport1 12-12-2008 12:32 PM

Steve, Orlando, Jas, Stoddart, Blake, Don Shulman, your guys crazy club president, and all the members, thank you all for hosting a great event. I have talked to a few friends and next year it looks like we might see a few more familiar faces. I am sorry if I was little off over the weekend I think the reality of having to leave again on the trip I am on now, always puts a damper on the last few days at home.

Don and Joe, what can I say, you guys crack me up. You know how Don doesnt know when to be quiet, and Joseph just won't quite come out of his shell. Any way I really enjoyed hanging out last weekend and hope to see you bith at the Nats.

Now, finally I need to say a word or two about the F3A (Not BPA haha) Tangerine Champion. It seems he is always covering these events and I read these big ol long threads he starts, but there is not much in them about Jason himself. (unless theres a crash)
Everyone knows we have been competitors of each others for many years now, but I don't think the friendship we have developed over those years is known by many.

I must say that Jason has really come into his own in the last couple years and his determination and dedication to F3A is something I truely admire. I have always said that if Ja practiced as much as I did he would beat me every time. I knew that 10 years ago. Good thing about it was Jason didn't realize it until about 4 years ago. I watched him fly at the Nats this year and again last weekend, and all I can say is he has as good of a shot to win the next worlds as anyone out there, and that is the truth. He has finally made all the right choices I believe and really fine tuned a few things that I never thought he would. (softer stick springs for 1) Anyway I won't tell them all your secrets but I will say I am really impressed with what I have seen do at the last few contests. Good luck at the worlds I have a feeling this is going to be a good one for you.

Anyway I am in the sandbox so I need to run.

Chip

ORIGINAL: Planeclaims

Melissa,

Now that he understands the program, he will explain it to me.

Thanks again,
Steve

AmericanSpectre505 12-12-2008 01:42 PM

Well said Chip,...have a safe there and back![8D]

Jason and all the ohters,.. congrats and to the rest of the field,..I enjoyed watching you guys fly and talking with you.:D

Till Next year!

Happy Holidays!

Bill Holsten
Team Fliton

can773 12-12-2008 02:12 PM

I am going to try and be there next year, since being in the snow sucks.....also Ocala in March :D

jim woodward 12-12-2008 02:40 PM

Chip - it was great you and Tuny could make it to the Tangerine. Both of you had to spend quite a bit extra to make this event, and it it makes it better for everyoene else too. It was great to meet Bill H too, who also had a huge drive... This was richly attened FAI class for a local contest: Jas, You, Don, Tuny, Ron, Lil'Joe - was like a round at the Nats without the 22 hour drive!

Chad - it would be great if you could make it to Ocala this coming March. Last year had some wind, but usually it is good weather and the flying site is first class with great club support too. If we run a BPA line you can fly my Aurora too :)

Thanks,
Jim

vanputter 12-12-2008 07:21 PM

I want to add my thanks to Steve and Orlando for putting on the Tangerine 2008.

It was awesome to hear the SPA and BPA airplanes in the air again. I "was this close" to having a World Models Intruder 90R ready to go, with a Hanno Special in it, but ....

I haven't had so much fun at a contest in a long time. Next year I will have flown the new Master class maneuver schedule more than the zero times I had this year and I should have a more competitive airplane than my "make do" Spot On 120. I'm looking forward to Tangerine 2009.

Ron VP

crashlander 12-12-2008 07:27 PM

Ron:
It will be bigger and better. Expect more BPA and SPA type airplanes flying along with AMA/FAI.
Thanks for your positive comments.

Orlando

AmericanSpectre505 12-13-2008 08:15 PM

Hey Jim,

The pleasure was mine,...great flying with the Passport,...pretty plane!:D

My thanks to everyone that made the event happen,very kool event with BPA/SPA plane intergration....the hospitality was great!:D I think next year we (me & Scott) are bringing our wives and kids, so they can visit some of the attractions there (Sea World, etc).[8D] while we play.:D Scott should be soloed by then a flying pattern as well,...I hope!;)

The repairs to the Element are nearly complete,..just a little paint here and there.

Best Regards,

Bill Holsten
Team Fliton

Don Szczur 03-01-2009 01:09 AM

Jason, what we saw Joseph doing on the Orlando hobby shop flight simulator may have been more than we realized... I had to look at this a couple times to understand what he was doing and how he was doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXm5M...e=channel_page

grcourtney 03-01-2009 04:43 PM

Don

Looks like you got rehired.

gary

jrpav1 03-02-2009 12:43 PM

Don,
Well, what did you expect? Kinda makes you seem prophetic with that "future world champion" caption in the BM VF3 build thread now doesn't it? Quick, let's get him on the World Team before he gets interested in girls! LOL

John Pavlick
Team Black Magic, Tech-Aero Designs

Don Szczur 03-02-2009 09:38 PM

Actually that's Edwin in the VF3 thread. Yes, his dad and I will have to keep him away from girls... crossing my fingers he makes it to the NATS... flying my old Yellow Brio or his dad's VF3...