Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Aloft Hobbies and FrSky......Be careful dealing with these people! (RESOLVED)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aloft Hobbies and FrSky......Be careful dealing with these people! (RESOLVED)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 05:48 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I placed my order on-line Sunday (they are closed on Sunday) and the order was shipped by 11:50 AM Monday.

Happy customer

Last edited by 8178; 11-05-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:21 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually think threads like this are useful, If I was getting ready to order from Aloft for the first time and I saw this thread where the OP says he had a problem and then he got slapped down and everyone else piled on saying how great Aloft service was, it would only increase my confidence in getting good service. Delete it and you're robbing future Aloft customers of all the praise in this thread after the OP gets slapped down.

Originally Posted by zx32tt
to the moderator of this forum: PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD. I have had nothing but the best response and service from Wayne & Aloft Hobbies. I would highly recommend buy any FrSky products from him.
Chuck Lackey aka zx32tt
Old 11-04-2014, 06:44 PM
N410DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s3nfo
I actually think threads like this are useful, If I was getting ready to order from Aloft for the first time and I saw this thread where the OP says he had a problem and then he got slapped down and everyone else piled on saying how great Aloft service was, it would only increase my confidence in getting good service. Delete it and you're robbing future Aloft customers of all the praise in this thread after the OP gets slapped down.
You have a point. However, some people will simply read the title of the thread, and pass judgement without even reading the posts in the thread.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:03 AM
rotozuk

Would be nice if someone could edit the title.

-Wayne
Old 11-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by N410DC
You have a point. However, some people will simply read the title of the thread, and pass judgement without even reading the posts in the thread.
Agreed, especially since the OP admits the problem was resolved in post #8.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Dooz

Yeah I saw the topic and was like ***? Was going to come in and help if I could.
Wayne,
I'll send an email to RC Universe requesting a title change if I'm first in line for the X9E !!!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:58 AM
deuxchevaux

I notice the "negative" tone of the original message still pops up in a google search. Since the title of this thread hasn't been changed by the author yet, I would just like to add my experience with Aloft Hobbies has been excellent. Wayne is involved with the hobby, and his products and service reflect his dedication. He is active on various forums and is helpful. By far the best place to purchase FrSky equipment. If you place an order you can be feel 100% safe you are in good hands! -malcolm
Old 02-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Robr0924

Here is the great customer service, I email at lunch and Wayne replied in two hours. this guy is really great. I not happy about buying a new receiver. But Hobbies Aloft at least jumps and helps out.

Waynes response to my email below.

Please do not fly a large plane without telemetry. The V8FR has no telemetry, and is a we bit less safe. Use a D or X series receiver, PLEASE. I'll feel better about it. The RSSI may well save your plane!

I'm not aware of any issues with magnetos and 2.4 radio systems, but I'm not really in that part of the hobby either. So I'll leave it with I simply do not know. But I can tell you if the X series had an issue with the magneto, the V8FR will also.

-Wayne

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Custom 1 wrote

Comment: Question about the X8R reciever with My Taranis. I have used this receiver on a nitro Plane since I received my radio from you all one year ago, no crashes works perfectly.

I recently installed it into a Giant Stinger with a G62 with a magneto setup. When doing the range check, 30 seconds after the engine starts up the receiver loses signal. I switched out the receiver with a V8Fr II. and it works flawless and a successful maiden of the Stinger.

Have you heard of the X8R having issues with gas motors? I am assuming it is interference from the Magneto. I didn't see any in my Google searches so I asking the experts.

Thanks

Rob

Old 02-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by Robr0924
Here is the great customer service, I email at lunch and Wayne replied in two hours. this guy is really great. I not happy about buying a new receiver. But Hobbies Aloft at least jumps and helps out.
+1.

I am in the USA at the moment, I contacted Wayne by PM to see if it was ok to ship to a Hotel in Tucson, He replied quickly, I placed the order and had a new Taranis within 2 days.

I can only say good things about Wayne and Aloft.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:58 AM
sarwanov

I really like the post that you shared!
Old 02-21-2015, 12:48 PM
ArcadeAir

Aloft has a great thing going and I for one am a very happy customer. Wayne takes the time to answer my questions; Wayne is getting my business.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:46 AM
mdkonuk

I ordered frsky parts from AloftHobbies to Turkey, and they arrived just in 2 weeks (it was free shipping), not like Hobbyking who send them in a month (which was DHL). Wayne was a dear, help me a lot, answered my mails within hours.

-Great Price
-Great costumer care
-Great shipping times.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:41 PM
ArcadeAir

Yes indeed, Wayne has also answered my questions via email in a very timely manner. Aloft hobbies received my next order just hours ago and now my new x8r receivers and telemetry modules are in transit to my doorstep. Ill bet that Wayne gets a ton of email and hats off to him for doing his best dealing with it all.
I do not think I will post on this thread anymore because my satisfaction is evident, so, on that note, have a great flight, keep learning new things and most of all, have fun!
Old 02-14-2016, 05:32 AM
Rob2160

Just wanted to add that I visited Aloft last week in person during a road trip down the west coast.

The guys were super friendly and helpful. I bought a new radio while there. (Taranis X9E)

The next day met up with my brother in San Fransisco and unfortunately he dropped the radio damaging the antenna mount.

If I was home I would have fixed it myself but being on the road decided to ship it back to Aloft, They repaired it the same day for parts cost only.

I am even more impressed with them now.

Also had a chance to look at the new Horus prototype. This radio will be awesome when released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9VI8hfaYR8

Last edited by Rob2160; 02-14-2016 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:03 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Editing the title of a thread, I believe is accessible to the original poster by editing the first post and selecting ADVANCED which should bring up the title as an editable field.

In any case I added (RESOLVED) to the title of the thread to save anyone else from reporting it again as we are not going to remove content because someone doesn't like it.

In fact, as a modeler and not a moderator, my review of this thread, and the fact that it was handled by the vendor says more to me about the vendor than the musing of one unhappy customer.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:26 AM
rotozuk

Thanks! For whatever reason this thread always comes up in the #2 position on google and it has done a lot of damage to our reputation. People see the title in Google and think they better not shop with Aloft Hobbies, they do not click on the link and read all of the good posts here or see that the issue was quickly resolved years ago. I wish this thread would just go away, but it just stays at the top of Google and continues to hurt my business.

-Wayne
Old 11-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Robr0924

Originally Posted by rotozuk
Thanks! For whatever reason this thread always comes up in the #2 position on google and it has done a lot of damage to our reputation. People see the title in Google and think they better not shop with Aloft Hobbies, they do not click on the link and read all of the good posts here or see that the issue was quickly resolved years ago. I wish this thread would just go away, but it just stays at the top of Google and continues to hurt my business.

-Wayne
That is a shame, can't an admin wipe it out. I my taranis and several receivers from you. Always quick and helpful. Appreciate your efforts.

Rob
Old 11-02-2016, 04:41 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

RCU is actively trying to improve, whats wrong with contacting the OP to remove this and others like it? , that would be an improvement in this case ? It sure is easy to put a hit on someone, sometimes deserved and other times not so much.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:25 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have bought a Taranis Plus and several receivers from Aloft Hobbies, Great prices, Great service and Great people. I am making another order Monday.

Thanks Aloft,

Appreciative customer
Frank
Old 03-02-2017, 05:02 AM
Snuffy5273

Not true. They are very reliable, knowledgeable, and honest. There is a communication problem here obviously and neither of you are talking on the same phone. I'm sure this will get straightened out.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:52 PM
s3nfo

Snuffy, you should've read the thread before you posted. This was straightened out to the customers satisfaction almost 4 years ago.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:00 PM
TexasThermalKing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aloft Hobbies is a great company to deal with. TODAY is April 7th, 2017 . I want everyone to know Aloft Hobbies is an honest outfit to deal with. NICE PRICE and lot's of stuff In-Stock. I just bought $1284 worth of FrSky radio equipment from them...no problems ...NONE.

I am just a customer ..I don't care if I sound like a commercial. The people at Aloft Hobby are helpful and honest.
It can't be said enough ...after reading this OP post. I don't care that this post is over 4 years old....this nasty post is still here...and I just updated the TRUTH about Aloft Hobbies.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:38 PM
s3nfo

Just wish they'd get the M9 gimbals in stock :>)
Old 04-12-2017, 03:01 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

They are today if you hurry.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:10 PM
s3nfo

Scored, thanks for the tip!