Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Please don't make me work for receiver answer

Old 07-24-2021, 07:05 PM
  #1  
elkriverscott
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: elk river, MN
Posts: 13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please don't make me work for receiver answer

In the olden days I had to include the speed of light to calculate antenna length. All I want now is about how long total length for rc airplane. Freq 2430 - 2475. As I recall on some apps you hang as much as you want to drag on a particular freq range. Extra heart attack points for wire Gauge, I presume coated is ok. Thanks for reading

Please dear God, let them not send me a formula, just a couple of answers. My brain hurts.

I can easily drag a few feet in the air. What's gauge of dc 5 volt wire which I think

I can use.

Old 07-25-2021, 03:11 AM
  #2  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,919
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by elkriverscott View Post
........Freq 2430 - 2475.......
Not trying to complicate your search for info here, , , but, "2430 - 2475" are not legitimate RC frequencies allowed by the FCC, as described in the AMA document I've enclosed below. You will need to clarify your question WRT the actual frequency your TX/RX are operating on in order to receive a proper answer ......
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
928.pdf (201.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by init4fun; 07-25-2021 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:17 AM
  #3  
elkriverscott
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: elk river, MN
Posts: 13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You are correct sir!

The numbers came off of the makers spec sheet. Trying to come up with something to solder to increase receive range. As I recall the tiny antenna length on the drone is just as long as it should be however I am curious if one can attach a four leaf antenna or a flat "wheel antenna" to improve range> Thanks
Old 07-25-2021, 08:14 AM
  #4  
rgburrill
 
rgburrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx CT
Posts: 2,579
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Not trying to complicate your search for info here, , , but, "2430 - 2475" are not legitimate RC frequencies allowed by the FCC, as described in the AMA document I've enclosed below. You will need to clarify your question WRT the actual frequency your TX/RX are operating on in order to receive a proper answer ......
2.430-2.475 GHz are inside the 2.400-2.487 GHz spectrum.
Old 07-25-2021, 08:17 AM
  #5  
rgburrill
 
rgburrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx CT
Posts: 2,579
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by elkriverscott View Post
The numbers came off of the makers spec sheet. Trying to come up with something to solder to increase receive range. As I recall the tiny antenna length on the drone is just as long as it should be however I am curious if one can attach a four leaf antenna or a flat "wheel antenna" to improve range> Thanks
Good luck on that. Standard receivers should not have a range problem for line of sight flying. You are flying LOS, right?
Old 07-25-2021, 08:18 AM
  #6  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,919
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
2.430-2.475 GHz are inside the 2.400-2.487 GHz spectrum.
Thank you RG, the all important dot between the two and the four, that's what was missing and made those numbers look so strange to me.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.