Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

CF pushrods causing interference?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 07:52 PM
Trips67
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CF pushrods causing interference?

I have seen a little bit of info on this, but wanted to see how much truth there is to it. I was planning to run dual carbon fiber push rods to my elevator in a H9 1/4 cap. What are the radio issues associated with long CF push rods, and how can you avoid them. Should I just avoid the situation all together by not using them?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 08-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Thud_Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber rods

Aren't any real issues with the rods vs radios. I have a 30" rod on elevator on one of my planes and the receiver antenna runs in parallel anywhere from 1/2" to 2" away the entire length. The antenna also runs right between the elevator and throttle servo on the same plane. I'm running CF pushrods on my DF and turbine airplanes and am looking to use them exculsively from here on. CST (www.cstsales.com) in Tehachapi is having a summer sale on rods at 10 for $10 in various sizes. I bought 20.

I use Airtonics exclusively. Your mileage may vary with other radios.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:44 PM
Vince

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a problem with CF pushrods. It's a much talked about issue, but it is not a problem.

Vince
Old 08-30-2002, 03:33 AM
Trips67

Great. thanks for your replies. I will continue with my plan to use them.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Giant Scale

CF pushrods should not be an issue in terms of radio interference. They are light and very strong. The only issue, I have read about, with CF is that large amounts of CF used in the area of the receiver can cause interference. I have not personally experienced any problems and use CF on my fuselages to provide reinforcement. Mostly I use it to reinforce the engine box and other high stress areas. I suppose a fuselage made primarily of CF could cause some interference problems but I'm not really sure.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:52 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Default cf push rod

If you are going to use carbon fiber push rods you need to support the pushrod inside of the fuselgae. Use a couple pieces of lite ply to support the cf inside of the fuse. Push them as far back as they can go down the fuse. This will help add support to the cf when doing thos 3d maneauvers.