Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX-7

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 AM
alan0899

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX-7

G'day Shane,
I got the Heli version, because that's what Col Taylor sent, there is no difference at all between the two, except a very small heli on the front right of the screen. Programing is the same, it just defaults to heli instead of acro, but a click soon fixes that.
It had a smooth throttle when I received it, but also a ratchet plate to change throttle if needed, but then again, I have 2 X378's & they are not heli versions, but both had smooth throttles when I got em.
You will love the DX7, as I do.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:32 AM
Qld Flyer

Thanks Alan. Looks like I'll have to start saving my pennies to get one

cheers

Shane
Old 01-31-2007, 04:56 AM
alan0899

G'day Shane,
What price are they in QLD.
$549.00 here, plus shipping, from Wagga.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:57 AM
Qld Flyer

$569
Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 AM
smooreace

ORIGINAL: Shane68

$569

Without doing the conversion, that sounds terrible. Only $350 here
Old 01-31-2007, 07:28 AM
kevinelp

ORIGINAL: smooreace

ORIGINAL: Shane68

$569

Without doing the conversion, that sounds terrible. Only $350 here
The conversion is roughly $450 AUD, add 10% tax, so roughly $500 AUD - which is the price at least one store in OZ is discounting them for.

Not so terrible after all.....
Old 01-31-2007, 07:32 AM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

picked up mine this weekend for $329 locally. I had a question about the charger. Is the charge plug polarity the same as futaba's? In other words, can I use the same charge leads from my Acu Cycle Elite to charge the DX7 transmitter as I do with my Futaba 9C?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:37 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

read the instruction book --this is very specifically addressed
Old 01-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Flypaper 2

No, the polarity is reversed. First thing I did was to take the back cover off and reverse the wires on the charge jack. They're right out in the open. Now I fast charge it with the Hobbico fast field charger with no worries.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:48 AM
malavivius

hi,

i've been told that the same DX7 tx can be used for heli's and fixed wing. why then does spektum's product list show different model numbers for DX7 and DX7 Heli?

see the link below.

[link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Products.aspx]spektrum product list[/link]
Old 01-31-2007, 08:01 AM
paul7194

Just a little Info for you....my Futaba 9c manual makes no mention of the difference between + and - expo. I did the same thing until I figured out the problem on my own.
ORIGINAL: R/C Foolish

It is amazing that you would get a new radio and NOT read the manual. Apples and Oranges, Futaba and JR, a lot of things are different. I guess you were lucky that it did not cost you anything for your failure to read the manuel.

R/C Foolish
Old 01-31-2007, 08:06 AM
Flypaper 2

Once again. Switch positions and throttle detent.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:42 AM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

read the instruction book --this is very specifically addressed
Judging from the thread, I don't think these come with instructions anymore, just a radio in a box.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:45 AM
ncrego

ORIGINAL: malavivius

hi,

i've been told that the same DX7 tx can be used for heli's and fixed wing. why then does spektum's product list show different model numbers for DX7 and DX7 Heli?

see the link below.

[link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Products.aspx]spektrum product list[/link]
The people who told you that are wrong, you have to buy a specific DX7 for helis and a specific one for planes. If you don't, the plane will instantly crash. That's why they have the listings for both.

Can't anyone read anymore? You are posting on a thread where that question has been asked and answered multiple times on every one of the 50+ pages! Hell, the post that is 9 above you addressed the EXACT question you have. No need to read 50+ pages, just 1! Beyond that, you are capable of finding the manufacturer's page on it, can't you read it there? Here it is from the description on the airplane version, just in the bullet points right at the beginning:

Airplane and Heli software
If we could just get people to read any of the stuff that's out there on this radio, this thread would be 10 pages, not 50+.[:@][:@][:@]
Old 01-31-2007, 08:48 AM
pilotpete2

Hi All,
When you're setting up control surfaces, ya' gotta look at the results[X(], before you fly.
Hey, now doesn't the JR 7202 and Spektrum DX 7 have a graphic display of the expo/dual rates? I know my Footaba 9Charlie does, great when you are afflicted with CRS, as I am, and I have a lot of company there
Not all Airtronics 72MHz receivers are positive shift, I fly 4 of them with a Futaba 9C, no big deal to convert a DC FM receiver[8D]
Pete
Old 01-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

The people who told you that are wrong, you have to buy a specific DX7 for helis and a specific one for planes. If
Maybe YOU need to read the manual.

Choose the type Acro or Heli and you will be fine the only difference will be a ratchet throttle in the plane version and switches mislabeled.
P34 of the manual. Paragraph one.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 AM
ncrego

ORIGINAL: Panzlflyer

The people who told you that are wrong, you have to buy a specific DX7 for helis and a specific one for planes. If
Maybe YOU need to read the manual.

Choose the type Acro or Heli and you will be fine the only difference will be a ratchet throttle in the plane version and switches mislabeled.
P34 of the manual. Paragraph one.
Sweet, I guess sarcasm is lost on you. If you quoted the next few words, I think it would have been obvious. You have the same problem as the other guy, read one sentence in a 50+ page thread and post. Read the whole post instead of just the first sentence, and maybe you'd have gotten it. I fully expected to be called out on being a jerk in the first post, but I had NO idea that someone would actually reply like you did. Bravo sir, bravo.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:37 PM
AutorocK
My Feedback: (1)

I think its clear that the software is adaptable for both Planes and Helicopters... What isn’t' clear is if the box houses the appropriate switches. Who cares about labels, but I do care to know if the plane radio has a three position switch that i can use for Heli flight modes.

(As for the rest of the hoo ha going on... its really the original posters responsibility to move all pertinent info into the first thread so people don’t have to comb though these huge threads due to horrable search engines.)
Old 01-31-2007, 12:41 PM
ncrego

They are basically identical, same switches, same software. The difference is in the labels, what the software defaults to on a new model, and if the throttle is smooth or notchy. However, they come with both springs for the throttle so it can be converted.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

Alright, your excuse for sacrasm which, btw "is the lowest form of wit" was lost on me
You could have just answered the guy.
If people read manuals there would be very few postings on this entire forum.
I read the manual and played with the DX and it took all of 20 min from setup to launch went out to fly and setup another fellows there.
It really is a simple radio.
I agree maybe they are not shipping manuals with the sets!
And dont put locktite in the supplied servos, which seems to be the cause of shafts breaking, maybe
Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
AutorocK

Alright, your excuse for sacrasm which, btw "is the lowest form of wit" was lost on me
Now that's sarcasm... lol

BTW; Some of us, or at least myself, have not purchased the thing yet and are asking here to see if I want one. So, I wouldn't be able to read the manual yet, and if I had one I wouldn't read it cause I'm cleaver enough to figure it out just by pushing buttons. Just as I would of noticed my expo rates being reversed. :-P

And now for something completely different...

Old 01-31-2007, 03:01 PM
ncrego

I understand, I was very subtle. Cute cat.

The people who told you that are wrong, you have to buy a specific DX7 for helis and a specific one for planes. If you don't, the plane will instantly crash.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:34 PM
kolarshooter

Old 01-31-2007, 03:58 PM
kolarshooter

ORIGINAL: scolen2

Now that's sarcasm... lol

BTW; Some of us, or at least myself, have not purchased the thing yet and are asking here to see if I want one. So, I wouldn't be able to read the manual yet, and if I had one I wouldn't read it cause I'm cleaver enough to figure it out just by pushing buttons.
Hey all,

I'll forgo the usual RCU sarcasm associated with repetitious questions by readers too lazy to use the search function located at the bottom of every thread called "SEARCH THIS THREAD" and offer some help.

For anyone willing to read the document (which is easier than reading some peoples' posts on RCUniverse) [link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPM2710_DX7_Manual.pdf]HERE[/link] is a link to the manual, and [link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM2710]HERE[/link] is a link to the DX-7 page at the Spektrum website.

There ya go! [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 01-31-2007, 04:05 PM
olstoney
My Feedback: (19)

Hi Guys,
Finally took the plunge and bought a DX7. Was placing an online order with a dealer and happened to just ask if he had one. Turns out that he doesn't stock them, but had ordered one for someone who then backed out of the sale. I couldn't pass this up when he offered me the system for $300.00 out the door .

Can we please just get back on track with the purpose of the thread? Alot of you guys have been very helpful with input on the system and how to set it up for specific functions. The experiences lended here helped to make the decision for me to purchase this radio. I know Aerobob mentioned that he was leaving the thread awhile back and has not posted since.

Please guys, PM Aerobob and encourage him to participate with us again. Bob has taken the time to devote a portion of his website to the DX7 that has some good information. Bottom line is there is alot of experience out there with guys like Aerobob, Dick Hanson and others contributing. Some of us do not have the experience yet, are somewhat mentally challenged, or were busy playing with girls when the teacher was teaching .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.