Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:22 AM
FLPilot
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: Zor

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

Well probably best that you download the A9 manual from www.hitecrcd.com and then buy and A9 so you can see how good it really is.
Jim,

Thanks for the link.
I will download the manual if I can right after I respond to BuschBarber.

Hopefully it will have some answers for me.
I have been looking for the manual and had not yet found if it is even available on the internet.

Since you know how good the A9 is, I guess you must have one. Perhaps you could have answered some of my questions. [img][/img] .

Wishing you and yours ''All the best for the Holiday Season and the New Year 2011.

Zor
A9 manual is on the Hitec RCD site !! Under downloads: A9

http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/Manual_Aurora9.pdf

DR
Old 12-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Daddyo57
My Feedback: (15)

I have to say... I LOVE my A-9!!! it is simply put, the best radio I have ever had the pleasure to see much less own... I am amazed and delighted every time I am able to always program and use this radio without opening the manual... Every radio of any brand including the older HiTecs, I would have to crack the manual open. Pretty much all the local guys around here use the JR radios, but people are coming around. They are always amazed when they see the A-9 and the ease of programing just to change a small setting at the field or how easy it is to change models. I am a fan! I will never understand why some people still turn their noses up at HiTec... I have always loved the servos as well as the the systems, but the dependability is unequalled in my eyes. I have used my A-9 for about a year now on about 6 models, not one single glitch, problem or difficulty in any way. Kudos to HiTec!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:01 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finless Bob's Xmas Present to all Aurora Owners = Three New Video uploaded last night to:
Aurora 9ch - Video - Helicopter Set Up - Finless Bob's Review Tips and how To - Series
quote:
1. Video Link ->Aurora 9 - Model Menus Part 4 - Pitch and Throttle Curves (146 Megs)

The gyro menu took 2 videos to cover. It can be as SIMPLE as you want or super complicated... I say KISS (Keep it simple stupid) but I spent the time to cover every aspect of understanding HOW the gyro menu works and what it means to TRUE gain to your gyro. Again if something was not clear.... Let me know!

2. Video Link ->Aurora 9 - Model Menus Part 5A - Gyro Menu basics (120 Megs)

3. Video Link ->Aurora 9 - Model Menus Part 5B - Gyro Menu advanced and tips! (99 Megs)

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 12-23-2010, 11:06 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: FLPilot
A9 manual is on the Hitec RCD site !! Under downloads: A9
http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/Manual_Aurora9.pdf DR
Suggest the searchable manual is easiest for many to find details of matters relating to their own interests, as well as the updates together with the Frequently Asked Questions &Answers:

Aurora 9ch 2.4GHz_72 mHz Manual (8MB .pdf) search not included. (Manual written V1.03, new pages/addendums below)
Aurora 9ch 2.4GHz_72 mHz Manual (14MB .pdf) search included. (Manual written V1.03, new pages/addendums below)
Aurora 9ch 2.4GHz_72 mHz Manual - Firmware Update V1.06[/url] - New Page for Manual. (Includes Butterfly / Crow Set Up)
Aurora 9ch 2.4GHz_72 mHz Manual - Firmware Update V1.07[/url] - New Pages for Manual (x2).
Hitec RCD Spectra Pro 2.4GHz Module Manual
Hitec RCD Optima 6, 7 & 9ch Receiver Manual
= "manual section":
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Zor
Banned

This is not a reply to Allen T.
I do not know any other way of simply adding a post.

I have downloaded the Hitec A9 manual and spent the last 3 hours going through it and searching for my answers.

I found only one answer. The module is plugged in with plug and socket.
I did not find what is holding it in position so that it does not unplug; a potential catastrophy in flight.

I did not find how many parts can come off the rear of the casing.

I did not find how the antenna is mounted, if it comes out easy, on which part (piece) itis mounted on and if this part (piece) comes off without opening the case.

Again, which parts seen in the picture comes off and what is holding them in their place ?

i have by now concluded that no one reading and posting in this thread has made a change from 2.4 to 72 or the reverse.

I have read a good part of the programming and there is no doubt that it has lots of features not found in competition. I wonder if the touch screen is done with a supplied stick of some kind. I would hate to dirty the screen at the field with dirty and oily fingers.

There must be a way of avoiding accidental change in progamming while handling the transmitter. I did not come across anything like that (yet).

Thanks again for all the postngs that are also valuale to the readers.
May I say thank you for all of them.

Merry Christmas

Zor

Old 12-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

Well I think the questions have pretty much been answered. AT has forgotten more than I will ever know about Hitec products.

Iwould say you should look at the manual, buy one or go look it in a hobby shop. The whole thing is so simple, you will pick up on it in 5 min.

You can find the manual under downloads and Aurora I think it is.

Have fun
Hi JIMF 14D.

Although unaddressed it appears your post is aimed at me.

If you had been following this thead recently you would have read that I have no one nearby having an A9 to look at..

I have read most of the manual and looked at all 133 pages and found only one answer to my questions.

Enjoy your Xmas Holidays.

Zor

Old 12-23-2010, 01:39 PM
CAT POwer
My Feedback: (61)

Zor, The module plugs in the back of the Aurora is held in place with 2 taps from the module (Futaba uses same setup).
From the module is a wire (antenna coax) that goes up to theantenna, the antenna post is screwed in from
the outside like most other transmitters(Futaba, JR uses same setup)..
To change from 2.4 to 72 you would have to use the 2 taps to undo the module, unscrew theantennamount/post ...2.4 is removed
To install the 72 module....... plug it in and screw in thetelescopic 72antenna.
To return to 2.4 in reversed order
The change from 2.4 to 72 or reversecan be done in less than a 1 minute
Old 12-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Zor
Banned

Hi again BuschBarber,
I was to respond to you sooner but I decided to download the manual and see what answers to my questions I can find. I was not very hopeful and did not get disappointed. I found only one answer.namely that the module is plugged in.

No other answers were found.

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Zor - RC transmitters with RF Modules have been around for many years, in the US. Before 2.4Ghz came on the scene, these modules just plugged into a socket in the back of the transmitter. The circuit board, in the module, contained the entire RF section of the radio, including the crystal. The Synthesized RF Modules, of which I sent you a picture, has Dials to allow you to change Channels.
Yes I got that and I already knew the above.
There is usually 4 pins, inside the socket, on the back of the Tx. When you plug in the RF Module, the pins enter a connector in the back of the RF Module.
Yes as I mentioned in my introduction above.
The back of the Transmitter has no Door or Cover. It just has a rectangular hole just large enough to Snap in the RF Module.
That sound like the casing has to be opened to change the antenna ???
Spektrum came out with the first 2.4Ghz RF Module and it plugs into the same socket the the 72Mhz RF Modules plugged into. Since the entire RF section is included in the RF Module, the Transmitter does not care which band the RF Module is on.
Yep ___as I have described many times.
Some 2.4Ghz RF Modules have antennas built in to the RF Module and some have a Coaxial Cable that runs from the RF Module to an External Antenna that sits on top of the hole where the Original Metal Antenna was screwed in.
Looks like the case has to be taken apart to change the antenna but I have not seen any confirmation of that yet.
Some RF Modules have a Threaded Stud, protruding from the back of the RF Module, where you can Screw in the 2.4 Antenna or connect a Coaxial Cable to an External Antenna.
Ya __the picture of the back show a connector at the module end of the coax.
It is as simple as that. Plug and Play the Frequency of your choice.
That was an easy solution for the 72 Mhz band before the synthesized technnology. It is illegal for a fellow to change Xtals unless certified to do that. Many were doing it anyway ___Hee Hee .
One difference between the XP9303, with the Spektrum RF Module, and the X9303 2.4, is that the XP9303 does not have Model Match and the XP9303 has greater Latency than the X9303 (it takes slightly longer for the servos to react after the stick is moved). This is especially important for competition Heli pilots who absolutely need that extra speed.
My comment here is that my 2.4 system is responding faster than I can move a transmitter stick by hand. It is to say the least a good promotion to sell new systems.
Some manufacturers of the newer 2.4Ghz radios have models that do not have sockets for RF Modules. The RF Section is built in to the Transmitter. The DX7 is an example. Other radio manufacturers, like Hitec, produce a Tx model that Does support RF Modules and Backward Compatibility with 72Mhz RF Modules.
My recent system is a DX7 and AR7000 receiver. 4 Spektrum DS821 servos.
After Spektrum introduced 2.4Ghz RC radios, they started offering 2.4Ghz RF Modules to convert older RC Transmitters from 72Mhz, etc., frequencies to 2.4Ghz. Futaba and many others eventually followed.
Thanks BuschBarber for that interesting history.

Best wishes to you and family for X'mas and the Hew Year 2011.

Zor
Old 12-23-2010, 02:06 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Zor I did not find how the antenna is mounted, if it comes out easy, on which part (piece) itis mounted on and if this part (piece) comes off without opening the case. i have by now concluded that no one reading and posting in this thread has made a change from 2.4 to 72 or the reverse.
I have read a good part of the programming and there is no doubt that it has lots of features not found in competition. I wonder if the touch screen is done with a supplied stick of some kind. I would hate to dirty the screen at the field with dirty and oily fingers.
"I have read a good part of the programming and there is no doubt that it has lots of features not found in competition. I wonder if the touch screen is done with a supplied stick of some kind. I would hate to dirty the screen at the field with dirty and oily fingers. "
Aurora A9 - Stylus, Screen cleaner, Flight Preserver & BODA Holder are included Aurora package

"i have by now concluded that no one reading and posting in this thread has made a change from 2.4 to 72 or the reverse. "
Whllst the Spectra Pro 72Mhz module is not yet available to the public,
Spectra Pro 72MHz PPM/QPCM Module - awaits finalisation of FCC Cert. expected to be on shelves mid Jan11.
you have been directed to the informationseveral time already, andwhichhas satisified all others who have actually visited the linkedposts, readthe information andviewed the pictures, as reflected by the Q&A associated with those posts.

Zor,
No offence intended, but given your ownstated clear understanding of RC systems/electronics, andmany recentposts on the variousthreads of the NG expounding at length that you can not understand the good answers provided, indicates that you have not bothered to read any of the Aurora FAQ and previous posts on same subjects or are simply stirring aka trolling.

Alan T.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: CAT POwer

Zor, The module plugs in the back of the Aurora is held in place with 2 taps from the module (Futaba uses same setup).
From the module is a wire (antenna coax) that goes up to theantenna, the antenna post is screwed in from
the outside like most other transmitters(Futaba, JR uses same setup)..
To change from 2.4 to 72 you would have to use the 2 taps to undo the module, unscrew theantennamount/post ...2.4 is removed
To install the 72 module....... plug it in and screw in thetelescopic 72antenna.
To return to 2.4 in reversed order
The change from 2.4 to 72 or reversecan be done in less than a 1 minute
Hello ___HELLO ___CAT POwer,

Well finally some answers.
which are ___

Thereare no removable case pieces in the rear else than the sliding cover over the battery compartment.

The modules are held (secured) by 2 taps on the module. Whatever these "taps" look like, at lest it is confirmed that the plug is not relied on.

The antenna is screwed on a fitting protruding on top of the case and the case does not need to be opened.

A coax does the connection to the antenna and plugs into a socket on the module.

That seems the end of a long highway to find such a simple setup.

Thank you so much CATPOwer.

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Prosperous and Happy New Year 2011.

Zor
Old 12-23-2010, 02:28 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zor - I think that I have mentioned on more than one occasion that I regularly switch back and forth from 2.4 to 72, with the same Tx. I do not own an Aurora 9, but I have a good friend that I fly with weekly. I have helped him with his Setup and Programming, for his A9, on many occasions.

Nothing comes off the case of these Transmitters. The Module is one unit that snaps into place when you push it in. To remove the Module you just squeeze the clips on the side of the Module. The antenna is hard wired to the Module and fits in the hole on top of the Tx. It is very similar to many other Tx's that use RF Modules.

The Touch Screen does not require any special device on your fingers. It is similar to the technology used on Cell Phones. The JR12X uses a Touch Screen, as well. It is easy to clean but do not use solvents on it. Some LCD displays were difficult to read with Polarized Sun Glasses. I do not know if the A9 has this problem.

You don't do programming while you are flying. You can't accidentally activate the Programming Menus while flying.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:36 PM
CAT POwer
My Feedback: (61)

Zor
No problem
Old 12-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Zor
Banned

Zor - I think that I have mentioned on more than one occasion that I regularly switch back and forth from 2.4 to 72, with the same Tx. I do not own an Aurora 9, but I have a good friend that I fly with weekly. I have helped him with his Setup and Programming, for his A9, on many occasions.
Yes you did but it did not tell me the setup, the physical structure, and the processus. I needed to know where the antennas are mounted; was it necessary to open the case to change anennas and so on __
Nothing comes off the case of these Transmitters. The Module is one unit that snaps into place when you push it in. To remove the Module you just squeeze the clips on the side of the Module. The antenna is hard wired to the Module and fits in the hole on top of the Tx. It is very similar to many other Tx's that use RF Modules.
I know that now. No one at the field where I fly has any module transmitter that I have seen.
The Touch Screen does not require any special device on your fingers. It is similar to the technology used on Cell Phones. The JR12X uses a Touch Screen, as well. It is easy to clean but do not use solvents on it. Some LCD displays were difficult to read with Polarized Sun Glasses. I do not know if the A9 has this problem.
I think you realize my concern with trying to do some programming at the field between flights or trying to help a colleague with his programming. I have done that many times with dirty fingers. On press on switches it is not so bad. i have learned to use some windex and paper towells always on board now.
You don't do programming while you are flying. You can't accidentally activate the Programming Menus while flying.
Agreed ___you are putting a smile on my face ___I have not yet reached that level of ability Hee Hee.
Just wondering and I do not know why this comes into my mind ____
Are you a ham operator ?

Zor
Old 12-23-2010, 05:12 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We seem to be dancing around the same items again and again. How many ways can I say the same thing before it becomes clear? I suspect that you are pleading ignorance just to keep the thread alive.

I am certain that if you spend more time using Google, you will run across pictures or videos that more clearly show how everything fits together.

Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:12 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

ORIGINAL: raubold

Sold my Futaba 12Z and my 12FGA, purchased a A9 instead, does that tell you something ?
Uhmm...that you don't need 12 channels?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Jesper1979

Zor, you most definitely over-complicate things!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Zor
Banned

We seem to be dancing around the same items again and again. How many ways can I say the same thing before it becomes clear? I suspect that you are pleading ignorance just to keep the thread alive.

I am certain that if you spend more time using Google, you will run across pictures or videos that more clearly show how everything fits together.

Merry Christmas!!
BuschBarber,

I regret that I could not do more than express my gratitude for your efforts in trying to help.

Post 3134 came in short and to the point.

I certainly was not pleading ignorance for any reason..
I wanted to know how this antenna is held, mounted to what and how it is changed.
Post 3134 was clear. The antenna is screwed on from the outside so easy to unscrew and screw on the replacement..

I wanted to know how the module is mounted and held.
It is plugged in the main boardd that has a socket in the depressed part of the rear case.
The two springy tabs lock it in place. Depress the two tabs and genly pull out the module.
That is short and clear.

That could have been written a long time ago.
I have no reason at all to prolong this thread.

Again I wish I could do more than just express my gratitude for all nice people that made an effort to help.

X'mas day is now very close ___May all of you and readers as well have a super enjoyable day.

Zor.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:54 PM
raubold
My Feedback: (156)

Jepp, Futaba usefull for 33% and up good to have not to use matchboxes and sutch, but since i was in Drag Racing i found out this Hobby carrys the same Virus and i healed myself and came back from professional Airframes to the Hobby. The only thing i miss on the Aurora is viritual chanals whitout Srevo output,, but i can live with that. Futaba continusly try to change standards with Servos and on, Hitec adapts to anyones standards as good as they can, JR OK, but not reliable, had plenty lock outs even with uncounted antenas. switched to Hitec and dont have no more issues and fun again. back to Futaba T8FGA no condition, T10FGA, no conditions T12FGA many conditions just like the 12Z, but you need a PHD for these to program them, you get lost faster then where you want to be. made my choice and saved a few bucks ontop of that. IF SMEONE comes up with a Radio witch makes me fly like a Super Pro. i buy it right away, basic facts you still have to fly your Plane and easy programing helps there a whole lot.
Marry christmas to all here
Michael
Old 12-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jesper1979

Zor, you most definitely over-complicate things!
Jesper1979,

The complication is not from me. It came from many responses that were irrelevant to the simple and clear questions.

You posted a nice picture of the rear of the transmitter. Thank you for that.

If you had accompanied the picture with afew lines saying ___

The antenna is screwed on the top of the case from the outside and can easily be unscrewed and replaced by another that screws on (or similar wording) ___
The module has a plug connecting into a socket in the depressed back cover and is held by two springy tabs that are simply depressed to unluck it and pull it out (orsimila wording) ___

The situation would have ended right there.
No complication involved.

Enjoy your X'mas day with your family and friends.

Zor

Old 12-24-2010, 09:24 AM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

RECIEVED MY HITEC AURORA YESTERDAY.

Probably my best gift for christmass.

Zor don´t complicate yourself take a plunge and get one. I live in Guatemala C.A. and probably the first with it since everybody is into futaba or Jr. Have been fallowing the thread for 1.5 year to see how it develops and no major problems compared to other brands.

My first real radio was a futaba 6da that had really nice ergonomics and feel, did not last to long as my hangar increased in numbers and was to much work adjusting pods for each plane. Jumped to fast for a futaba 7CAP first batches. It was a OK radio but did not like the feel (toy) and ergonomics. Now use a futaba 9 cap wich I like a lot.

The ergonomics, looks and feel of this radio is awesome. Hope my fingers don´t get an alergy for using it.

Meerry Christmas to all,

Juan
Old 12-24-2010, 10:48 AM
enephel
My Feedback: (13)

A friend told me that he called Hitec and asked if it was compatible with JR. He hoped it would work for bind-n-fly stuff. They said no it wont but it will work with a Futaba RX. Has anyone tried to bind this 2.4 TX to a 2.4 Futaba RX?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: juanjulian

RECIEVED MY HITEC AURORA YESTERDAY.

Probably my best gift for christmass.

Zor don´t complicate yourself take a plunge and get one. I live in Guatemala C.A. and probably the first with it since everybody is into futaba or Jr. Have been fallowing the thread for 1.5 year to see how it develops and no major problems compared to other brands.

My first real radio was a futaba 6da that had really nice ergonomics and feel, did not last to long as my hangar increased in numbers and was to much work adjusting pods for each plane. Jumped to fast for a futaba 7CAP first batches. It was a OK radio but did not like the feel (toy) and ergonomics. Now use a futaba 9 cap wich I like a lot.

The ergonomics, looks and feel of this radio is awesome. Hope my fingers don´t get an alergy for using it.

Meerry Christmas to all,

Juan
Hello Juan,

Nice to read you and thanks for the good wishes.
I see that Rudolph with his red nose steered Santa your way right on time for X'mas.

I am happy for you. Let me tell you and all readers that you have just put a drop in the bucket.
There has been so many sales peopleposting in this thread urging everyone to buy a Hitec A9.

You made the bucket tilt over and spill. So now I have to clean up all the spill and turn that over into an A9. It will not be immediate but it will be before our next flying season. Likely on time for my next birthday.

When you have a chance let me know where you ordered or got yours from. The only local hobby store around here does not carry the line. It might be hard to understand that a big city like Toronto has hobby stores with lots of surface RCs and just about nothing in airplanes or helis. The residents have to travel too far to find fields large enough to fly.

Christmas music is playing in the backgound here while I am typing "I am dreaming of a white X'mas". We have little on the ground, onlyenough snow to make things white but the temperature willbe minus 8C overnight andminus 5C tomorrow X'mas day.

I guess I do not have to urge you to keep warmbut next tme you fly think about all of us who are northerners with frozen fingers.

Here are my best wishes fora super enjoyable X'mas day for you and all the best for the New Year 2011.

Zor

Old 12-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: enephel

A friend told me that he called Hitec and asked if it was compatible with JR. He hoped it would work for bind-n-fly stuff. They said no it wont but it will work with a Futaba RX. Has anyone tried to bind this 2.4 TX to a 2.4 Futaba RX?
I am curious about this binding session...Hmmm...

I love my A9 and the Hitec recievers, don't have and won't buy Futaba...
Old 12-24-2010, 01:55 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Your friend must have misunderstood as the Hitec AFHSS system is not compatible with the Futaba FAAST RX's and we would have never stated to anyone that it was.

Mike.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:43 PM
enephel
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Your friend must have misunderstood as the Hitec AFHSS system is not compatible with the Futaba FAAST RX's and we would have never stated to anyone that it was.

Mike.

They must have been referring to FM and he wasn't listening. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.