Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Hi

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm ,................................... I wonder why Hitec didn,t put up a video on the voice moduel , that would of been nice .

Hitec ,........... any chance of getting one on U-Tube

Michel
Old 03-07-2011, 01:37 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aurora 9 v1.08 Update should be availabletomorrow, see newHitec USA product support page.
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.08 Details
preview with screen shots of the new displays.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
pappy35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not there yet...
Old 03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: pappy35

Not there yet...
Yup, still V1.07...let me see if I remember it correctly, 1.08 goes into the Transmitter, and I think it is V2.00 in the receivers and RF Module, or did I screw it up...???
Old 03-07-2011, 06:23 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: A.T. Aurora 9 v1.08 Update should be availabletomorrow, see newHitec USA product support page.
Alan T.

V1.08 is Up and running, enjoy

1. After update to V1.08, please check [System] > [SYS.MGMT] > screen 2/2 > [Battery] and ensure battery type is still displayed as :
"Ni-Cd or Ni-Mh" or "Li-Po" and relative Lipo "Off Voltage" is unchanged as applicable.
If Li-Po is installed TX, please check Auto Hibernation screen 1 is set to "Never"

Aurora 9 - Lipo User Adjustable Voltage sets Shut Down = TURNS TX OFF to save damage to Lipo Battery and/or TX
(Audible Battery Warning is still at 6.9V with Lipo which provides say 10-20 min before shutdown.)

2. Check all Model Functions As per previous two updates, Aurora 9 programming is so flexible that no firmware designer could ever envisage and take into account all the possible user settings and ensure that absolutely none will be effected during an upgrade and still get the updates out in a timely cost effective manner. (especially free upgrades..)
Another reason why it is imperative that every model is properly range tested, working all controls and checking all settings before the first flight each day, refer:
Range Check Procedures

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features

Alan T.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: A.T.

ORIGINAL: A.T. Aurora 9 v1.08 Update should be availabletomorrow, see newHitec USA product support page.
Alan T.

After update to V1.08, please check [System] > [SYS.MGMT] > screen 2/2 > [Battery] and ensure battery type is still displayed as :
"Ni-Cd or Ni-Mh" or "Li-Po" and relative Lipo "Off Voltage" is unchanged as applicable.
If Li-Po is installed TX, please check Auto Hibernation screen 1 is set to "Never"

Aurora 9 - Lipo User Adjustable Voltage sets Shut Down = TURNS TX OFF to save damage to Lipo Battery and/or TX
(Audible Battery Warning is still at 6.9V with Lipo which provides say 10-20 min before shutdown.)

Alan T.
A.T. - as always, MANY thanks for you unceasing commitment to keeping us UPDATED!!!!!!!

Question - if I am *NOT* using telemetry, is it safe to *NOT* upgrade all receivers, and Spectra module? I don't want to rebind everything as it's a PITAnot worth having. The v. 1.08 Aurora updates sound like VERY nice enhancements. Thank you, Team Hitec....
Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Hey Guys,

I bought my A9 last year in February but have not been able to use it or even fly for that matter due some new shop construction, coupled with some family issues and topped off by a guy running a red light and hitting me in the driver's door and totaling my car. Perfect Storm or what??? I'm happy to say all those things have passed and I'm back in the modeling mode and building in my new shop again. Now to my question... Lastnight I tried to download the HP22 software from Hitec. My antivirus stopped me from getting the file saying it was corrupted with a Trojan Virus. The line read as follows:

HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic

Any ideas??? I just purchased some extra 9 channel rx's and had planned to install them in some of my planes this next weekend but planned to put all the updates in before proceeding.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions

Bill
Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
42etus
My Feedback: (2)

Willy,
Disable your antivirus software before you do the download and all will be good. Don't forget to enable it when you're finished.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:37 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

42etus,

Are you telling me that the Trojan detected is not a true virus and to go ahead and let it install?

Thank you
Old 03-07-2011, 11:37 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello
ORIGINAL: A.T.
Alan T.
After update to V1.08, please check [System] > [SYS.MGMT] > screen 2/2 > [Battery] and ensure battery type is still displayed as :
Alan T.
A.T. - as always, MANY thanks for you unceasing commitment to keeping us UPDATED!!!!!!!

Question - if I am *NOT* using telemetry, is it safe to *NOT* upgrade all receivers, and Spectra module? I don't want to rebind everything as it's a PITAnot worth having. The v. 1.08 Aurora updates sound like VERY nice enhancements. Thank you, Team Hitec....
No Need to upgrade transceivers, refer:
Optima 7 & 9 - Firmware update V1.02 - 23Jun10, Update is for HTS-SS receptor system only, otherwise not required as it does not impact other functions & resolution if update issue.

Spectra 2.4Ghz module needs to be upgraded by those moving from V1.06.
Those already running 1.07(2) should havegraded their module to the current V2.0 durimg the V1.07 upgrade..

Alan T.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:46 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: WILDCRASHWILLY 42etus,Are you telling me that the Trojan detected is not a true virus and to go ahead and let it install?Thank you
Some systems false detect on one PC but not on another running exactly same programmes -..
Please refer to the instructions quoted post #3354 and

Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.08

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING UPDATING YOUR AURORA 9 RADIO

1. Uninstall the old HPP-22 software and reinstall the new software found HERE
    (If module alarm is going off you probably didn't update to the latest HPP-22 software. Once you do this you can go in and reset the alarm.)
  2. Disable Anti Virus software (if needed) for the install.
  3. Run as Administrator or turn off or down user account control in the control panel/user accounts.
  4. European countries will want to change language on the PC to English or you may get an error "Module not found."
  5. To utilize the telemetry you must update your Spectra 2.4 Module and Optima receivers to version 2.00."

What's New in Firmware Version 1.08
(
View Version 1.08 Manual Addendum)

Alan T.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:20 AM
fredz69

Firstly.... big thanks to Hitec for bringing out new updates, love the changes

I have just upgraded to v1.8 and there is a small issue I am not sure about and just wondering if any one else has noticed the same

It is the enhancement where to get back to the home screen you just hold the "door" exit icon for 2 sec it it returns to the home screen without having to go back all the screens

No mater how I touch and hold it, it only goes back one screen at a time

Has anyone else had same issue, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help

Fred
Old 03-08-2011, 03:04 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: fredz69
Firstly.... big thanks to Hitec for bringing out new updates, love the changes
I have just upgraded to v1.8 and there is a small issue I am not sure about and just wondering if any one else has noticed the same
It is the enhancement where to get back to the home screen you just hold the "door" exit icon for 2 sec it it returns to the home screen without having to go back all the screens No mater how I touch and hold it, it only goes back one screen at a time
Has anyone else had same issue, or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks for any help Fred
Works AOK here, are you using a stylus? finger tips may be covering to large an area.
In need, please revert to V1.07(2) and then rerun V1.08.

Post 3357 also amended as follows:
"V1.08 is Up and running, enjoy

1. After update to V1.08, please check [System] > [SYS.MGMT] > screen 2/2 > [Battery] and ensure battery type is still displayed as :

2. Check all Model Functions As per previous two updates, Aurora 9 programming is so flexible that no firmware designer could ever envisage and take into account all the possible user settings and ensure that absolutely none will be effected during an upgrade and still get the updates out in a timely cost effective manner. (especially free upgrades..) Monitor screen is a handy tool
Another reason why it is imperative that every model is properly range tested, working all controls and checking all settings before the first flight each day, refer:
Range Check Procedures

Alan T.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:09 AM
fredz69

Hi AT

Thanks for the reply, worked it out

I was trying to do it with my finger and it would not work, so tried it with a stylus and it worked

I re-calibrated my screen with the stylus and same results (had originally done with stylus)

Tried re-calibrating screen again, this time with my finger and it fixed the problem, now works with both a finger which I use 90% of the time making changes and the stylus (usually only use when making bigger programming changes or new models)

Thanks again for your help

Fred
Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 AM
AJsToyz

Alan,

Do you know if the Spectra Pro module is ever really going to come out ?? This thing has been delayed xx amount of times!

Thanks in advance!

Andy
Old 03-08-2011, 07:06 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

I have a laptop on Vista. I tried to delete the old HP22 software before downloading the new stuff and it would not delete. It would attempt to run the software and inform me that the HP22 was not attached. Any suggestions?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 AM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: bgw45

I have a laptop on Vista. I tried to delete the old HP22 software before downloading the new stuff and it would not delete. It would attempt to run the software and inform me that the HP22 was not attached. Any suggestions?
Have you tried rebooting in Safe Mode and then deleting the software?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 AM
JIMF14D

Upgraded my A9 to 1.08 just now with no problems. Love the big timer display! Also updated one Rx to 2.0. The "Failsafe" data load of 1500 microseconds is the time it allows for a voltage transient before the Rx goes into failsafe?

Keep up the good work Hitec guys!

Jim D.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:43 AM
JIMF14D

I have found that it will never let me delete the old software but loads the new SW anyway and works fine. Running Win 7 Pro 64 bIT
Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 AM
dpelletier

Couldn't remove "Uninstall" the previous version either, so I just installed the new and everything worked just fine.
Windows 7 starter on Netbook.

(I think the Netbook was invented for us RC guys)
Old 03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz Alan, Do you know if the Spectra Pro module is ever really going to come out ?? This thing has been delayed xx amount of times! Thanks in advance! Andy
Spectra Pro 72MHz PPM/QPCM Module - FCC Cert "just approved, so now we wait to receive stock -Brendan Lugo, (say end Apr11.)

Alan T.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: bgw45

Was it attached and with a tx attached also??

Old 03-08-2011, 01:51 PM
JIMF14D

I have had the same problem so suggest the following:
HP22 usb cable connected to computer usb port? System might say..."loading drivers"
Is the HP22 tx cable plugged into the trainer jack (not the power jack which I have done)?
Is the TX cable plugged into cable slot 1 on the HP22?
Is the Tx turned on?
Is the blue light flashing on the HP22?

Good luck
Old 03-08-2011, 02:31 PM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks to all that replied. No, but will try the safemode thing and see what happens. I'm compluter poor. I have an XP box that always hangs in the loading process. Starts and hangs..... darn! The laptop has the Vista OS and it pulled the non-uninstall trick. Got on my wifes comp and all went well.

So far, the only thing 1.08 did to my set-ups was hang a three position flap set-up. I fixed it by starting over. All else seems perfect.

Hitec and specifically, Mike, thanks for your support of the hobby. It is way above anyone else. It is so nice to get a product that just keeps getting better. Can't wait for the next 2.4 product.. 12 channel I hope[8D]

Edit to add Brendan to the thankyou list.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:57 PM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

I have had the same problem so suggest the following:
HP22 usb cable connected to computer usb port? System might say...''loading drivers''
Is the HP22 tx cable plugged into the trainer jack (not the power jack which I have done)?
Is the TX cable plugged into cable slot 1 on the HP22?
Is the Tx turned on?
Is the blue light flashing on the HP22?

Good luck
If the HP22 drivers are loaded, files are in use that cannot be deleted until the device is removed from the USB port and the drivers are unloaded. Safe Mode boots Windows with only basic drivers loaded, so many times, files can be deleted that could not when Windows is loaded in Normal Mode.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.