Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
roryw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Mike,

I agree that the screen is suitable, but looking at this Tx being the flagship of the range and with the technology that is available, The screen is very "Wall Mart" cheap looking. Why not have better resolutions and colours ?

Others who posted negative taunts for this question. I thought this is a forum for questions to be asked and not to be harrased when you ask them. I would have thought that all opinions, eventhough you may personally not agree with them, should be able to be expressed.
We are in a massive technology growth period, why not want the best from the companies we are going to pay money to for products. Without it we would all be stuck on 72mhz or 36 here in Australia in the dark ages.

Any news on the smaller receivers like the spektrum 6100 size ? For others , not Mike, Or is that also a stupid question!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: roryw

Mike,

I agree that the screen is suitable, but looking at this Tx being the flagship of the range and with the technology that is available, The screen is very ''Wall Mart'' cheap looking. Why not have better resolutions and colours ?

Others who posted negative taunts for this question. I thought this is a forum for questions to be asked and not to be harrased when you ask them. I would have thought that all opinions, eventhough you may personally not agree with them, should be able to be expressed.
We are in a massive technology growth period, why not want the best from the companies we are going to pay money to for products. Without it we would all be stuck on 72mhz or 36 here in Australia in the dark ages.

Any news on the smaller receivers like the spektrum 6100 size ? For others , not Mike, Or is that also a stupid question!!!

I think Hitec is saving the Color Screen, MP3 Player, and tooth paste dispenser for the Aurora A12, A14, and A22 versions yet to arrive. Although the A9 is the current flagship, perhaps the heavy iron is yet to follow....
Old 02-17-2010, 04:51 PM
roryw

Now you work for Hitec as well !!!
So brain child, read there minds and tells us what is happening next at Hitec.
Maybe they are going to put a idiot detector on it. But then you would not be able to use the A9 because yours would be sounding all the time!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow !

Ok, I understand what your saying but with the fancy stuff usually comes a little bit of a price. The screen does seem to be a little grainy looking compaired to some others,but it does show you what you need to know with out any problem.

I had to go back and look again, the others that compete with this one have about the same look but with out the touch screen and a higher price.

Andy
Old 02-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

No idiot detectors for US versions, now those shipping to Oz land, err...yup...they are pre-installed at the factory...!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:38 PM
roryw

AJsToyz,

That is exactly what i was meaning, yes i understand price differences. But when you have the technology and the specs of a top of the range BMW and use the chasis and body of a toyota. It still looks like a toyota.
What i am trying to say, i believe it is the best radio system on the market at the moment, but definetly not the one that has the best screen. It is a little disappointing in my oinion.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:43 PM
roryw

Prop Washer2.

It is in the US version, you just havent been able to work it out yet. Hitec need a new firmware update to cope with your specific level!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

Ok fellas play nice or no cookies. roryw I think the main reason, is cost. Yes technology is there, but it would raise the price of the unit. I don't in anyway think it's wally world cheap looking. I'm old man and can see everything just fine. Sorry if you were offended by the little add on jokes
Old 02-17-2010, 06:31 PM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Wow !

Ok, I understand what your saying but with the fancy stuff usually comes a little bit of a price. The screen does seem to be a little grainy looking compaired to some others,but it does show you what you need to know with out any problem.

Andy
You should point out which radios have a better screen than the A9 to roryw so he can purchase a radio that comes up to his high standards. He would definitely be disappointed in the A9 and should never even consider buying one.

Greg
Old 02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
rorrock

Well I love my A9.. and the screen looks fine to me..

the only radio I know that has a color screen and is a touch screen is the 14MZ..

Given I work in IT, i wouldnt trust my planes to anything that runs on any version of windoze...

Maybe hitech should talk to apple about the A12 having a itouch front end
Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Mike,

I agree that the screen is suitable, but looking at this Tx being the flagship of the range and with the technology that is available, The screen is very ''Wall Mart'' cheap looking. Why not have better resolutions and colours ?

The simple answer is cost.

Sorry if you felt "harrased" by my reply. I tend to tell it like it is... that's just my personallity. Please provide me with an example of a radio with a better screen (or equal for that matter) in the Aurora's price range.

Smaller (non telemetry) RX's are in the works which will come with either end or top block connectors and should weigh in around 4-5 grams. The Optima 6 with the case removed is around 8g.

"Idiot detector?" Really?!?!? com'on, that's just not cool!

Mike.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:10 PM
roryw

Mike,

Thanks for the reply and information. At no stage was i upset with your reply. But if you read other reply's i did not throw the first punch. I was just seeking information.
My personal opinion the Jr 9503, 11x and 12x have better resolution and clarity. But obviously they cannot compete with price. I would be happy to pay more and over above the JR prices for a Hitec with an equal or better screen. But that is my opinion.

Thanks
Rory
Old 02-17-2010, 08:12 PM
AJsToyz

Greg,

Look back up, I did an edit probably at the same time you were quoting my post.

Andy
Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

I think Hitec should go the Dell route and rather than continue with value marketing they should provide me with the hot pink tx that I want, or at least a cover shell in hot pink. I noticed the graphics were a little jagged on the display but didn't consider it important. "Hot pink" that's a different story. When do we get designer colours??
Old 02-17-2010, 11:15 PM
skubacb

I use XPS and FASST. After reviewing the Hitec system I am hard pressed to not recommend it to my students. We have one person in the club flying the Hitec system. After working with it and studying the manual I don't think there is a better value for Transmitters out there right now.

However, the prices for the RXs from all vendors is too high. The cost for the 2.4 systems has got to be lower than 72 mhz since they don't have to do as much filtering. I would have liked to see Hitec take the lead on pricing so it would be even easier to recommend.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 PM
wpmcnamara
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: skubacb
However, the prices for the RXs from all vendors is too high. The cost for the 2.4 systems has got to be lower than 72 mhz since they don't have to do as much filtering. I would have liked to see Hitec take the lead on pricing so it would be even easier to recommend.
Unfortunately, filtering is very cheap. The 2.4Ghz radios have an extra chunk of silicon and are by definition, computerized receivers. Even a dual conversion 72Mhz front end is simple compared to a 2.4Ghz front end, as much as any high performance RF front end can be considered simple.

Now then, I agree with you about cost though, at least up to a point. In large quantities the parts cost for a 2.4Ghz receiver is something around $10. That fancy 2.4Ghz radio front end is probably a quarter of the price too. Being computer receivers, they require software to be written for them, and almost as importantly, tested. Amortized out over some portion of the total receiver sales, that likely adds another $10-$15 dollars to the cost. Figuring in manufacturing costs, profit margins for Hitec and its distributors and you rapidly reach the $50 mark. Now, all this ignores some major things, like the fact that the 6, 7, and nine channel receivers should all share the same hardware and basically the same software. The actual cost difference would be for extra connectors, manufacturing (different board layout, case, etc), and QA.

While I wish it was less, I consider $50 a reasonable minimum price point for a 2.4Ghz receiver. Considering the telemetry and such, I think Hitec is pretty close.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 AM
grimus04
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

Well I am glad yours is on its way! Did you order from Tower by chance, and if so WHEN...??? My order went in on Dec. 10, 2009, so I am hopeing for an e-mail or something for this batch...so tell me you ordered from Tower, AND your order was close to mine by date...pwease...!!
Well Prop_Washer2, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I too suffer from the gotta have it nowsies, and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I picked one up that litterally had 45 minutes on it for $400.00, with the four servos and 9 channel receiver from a friend. Hell, he even gave me the receipt, and the coupon for the extra receivers, two lipo batteries for the transmitter, and all of the original batteries. He bought it, started setup, and had some financial issues come up that forced him to sell it. He wanted $300 for it, but since we are buddies, I gave him $400 for it, to help him through his hard times. Ex wives can really put a hurtin' on a man if they want too.... I called Tower the other day and canex'ed my order, so your's just might have been bumped up just enough to get it!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:18 PM
AJsToyz

Mike,

What type of trainer cord hooks up to the Aurora ? I was looking at the pics and can't find one at Hitec's website that looks like it would fit.

Andy
Old 02-18-2010, 11:12 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz Mike, What type of trainer cord hooks up to the Aurora ? I was looking at the pics and can't find one at Hitec's website that looks like it would fit. Andy
Aurora A9Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up
Aurora and Optic Sport Trainer / SIM connection. with extra detail may also assist
Hobby Horse do not list all products available andare believed to have some in stock.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 02-18-2010, 11:14 PM
A.T.

duplicated...deleted
Old 02-19-2010, 12:51 PM
wshall

ORIGINAL: Pit-Viper 1

The reason some radios are more expensive is simply due to the quality, the micro processor in the futaba receivers are top notch and thus their higher price. Not saying these aren't good by no means, just that you get what you pay for.
You also end up paying for the overhead, the name, the advertising ect... It's not just price = quality. Like a Polo shirt - you're paying for the horse logo.

I've really been impressed with the A9 - I got mine just before Christmas and love it. I sent off for the extra receivers and got them just over a month later.

Thanks Hitec for re-setting the bar.

WSHall
Old 02-19-2010, 01:32 PM
wshall

Maybe they are going to put a idiot detector on it. But then you would not be able to use the A9 because yours would be sounding all the time!!
Calm down and don't be so defensive. What I read in Mike's response is that the A9's screen resolution is just fine and it is what it is. When you go throwing around terms like "Walmart" when referring to a new radio on the market - on it's forum - what do you expect the response will be.

You appear to need thicker skin Roryw. I've had one for a couple of months now and I really like it.

Better screen resolution will do nothing for my large fingers. What's there now works great.

By the way its "read THIER minds".

You're asking for it when you show your underbelly to the forum!
Old 02-19-2010, 02:19 PM
ed g

[i]quote:

This roryw guy seems like a jerk................................. Just what we all need at the flying field, another short fuse!!!

I've been using my A9 since the beginning of December. It is the very best value on the market .... bar-none! I have absolutely no problems with the screen.

I am using this system in my 3meter glider, a couple of 48"-60" electrics and an electric 600 size heli with absolutely no problems.
Just a joy to use and program......

Ed G.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:09 PM
AJsToyz

Alan,

And thank you once again for your fast response !

Andy
Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 PM
boothg-3

i just checked my order status placed nov 21 still backordered maybe next week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.