Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: boothg-3

i just checked my order status placed nov 21 still backordered maybe next week
I'm December 10th, hope I make the cut on this batch....
Old 02-20-2010, 02:26 AM
skubacb

Yet, you can buy Chinese 2.4 systems for much less. My point being that the cost of the hardware and software hardly justifies the prices we are paying. The only reason you are paying more for the 2.4 systems is it is new and people will pay the price. Ads are probably the only big difference in costs.

I am paying more than $50 for anything more than a small park flyer. Try $100 for a standard RX.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

I,m new to this form . And the load of info about this Aurora 9 is absolutely .............OUTSTANDING . And what I like the most is that Hitec is GOING after there problems The only thing that worries me is that Hitec is treating us Canadians as far away people ( like China ) , the fact that Americans get the charger shipped to them , while WE ( I,m Canadian ) , have to send it in . I,m sorry I fail to see the point here . Although the problem with the chargers will be rectified by Hitec , what about the future problems that , WILL arise , I,m sure . I would like to hear that Hitec , to be more on the HELP THE CONSUMER side , than on the POLITICAL side . Service , counts more than just having the best .

Now ................... back to why I did this post .

Will some one please ex plane , what is the module HMA-24FI , and what it does . I,m a mechanical kind of person , some things are slow for me , but than again maybe it,s age

thanks for looking

Michel
Old 02-20-2010, 10:01 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

It is the Telemetric Module. It relays data from the Rx to the Tx

http://www.hobbyhorse.com/hitec_new_product.pdf
Old 02-20-2010, 10:47 AM
dkennedy35

Tower is now saying Mid March on my Back Order Status. Better luck next batch.
After hearing some dates from November, and December, I really didn't expect shipment from the latest batch, but I sure was hopeful.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Michel

Hi

Thanks BuschBarber for youre reply, I tried and tried to find out what it was .

dkennedy35
Than I will consider myself a very lucky person . From what I understand , our ( Canadians ) kits , are still at Customs . but I am getting one from this batch

Michel
Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Chancho

Since the only thing I can do is to wait on this radio, continue to read how others who have them and love them, I’m left only to entertain the other points in this thread and purely speculate.It is also grossly obvious that Hitec does not know how to design or price a radio.
I think that Hitec should do like GM.Go bankrupt, don’t pay their suppliers or shareholders.They should allow the government to take over their radio manufacturing.Hell, since I have 3 kids I should get a tax rebate for a free radio,paid for by you, the Tax payer. Then we could have a cash for Radio-clunkers and I could turn in my Futaba for an additional free radio! Of course we could retain Mike as the Radio Czar to oversee the new operations. Since this is a government radio it should run on the most green technology and have features that will appease all users; It will have a Apple inspired color screen, Dell style swappable colors, etc.But even more importantly Nancy Pelosi will call in a personal favor from Al Gore to make it run on water, nuclear and with a solar cell for backup, (In case you run out of water at the field.)Since Al invented the internet he should have no problem putting the Hitec engineers in their place.
The average factory worker in Korea makes the equivalency of about $800US per month we should have no problem paying the difference for our Social Radio since we’ll be supporting the US economy, right?The Government run Radio will be forced to hire Union workers who voted the Government run radio cabinet in office and hence, spread the wealth.The average U.S. union labor rate in an Auto plant is about $28/hour.This is conservative and not to get carried away and factor in Overtime, Social Security, Benefits or Unemployment. Hobby RC Radio users will be happy to gobble up the radios with the new price adjusted to the labor rate of $4,816 per month vs. the $800.That’s just the start… That $400 radio just went to $2,400!
I would say Hitec has come out from nowhere and will take over the global market as the most demanded 2.4GHZ rig in the world.I don’t see anyone touching them. The leaders, Futaba and JR-Spectrum are dropping their prices, but really, they are way behind Hitec. Sure they can still keep a niche here or there, but Understand that Futaba, for example, has been overcharging for years.All companies with any history have done it, but Futaba is a great example of a fat pig in the market who got complacent and lazy and continued old school marketing tactics of monopolizing their market while gouging their customers via high price and lack of technology in relationship to the dollar spent. It will be a long time before they recover from the results of the Aurora in the marketplace.
$400 for a 9 channel Aurora is a steal.I hope they are making a few dollars profit on this, as they rightfully should be.You have to realize that their employees (Korean, US and elsewhere) deserve the benefits, pay, profit sharing and everything else that comes with a successful company.They need to recover their costs for R&D and years of input to create this masterpiece.These should be the best years in their history with the Aurora.They could have come to the market at a higher price and sold less volume.I still would have paid more for the radio, but however, their strategy is a win for the consumers and is the right thing to do.Their marketing guys get it, everyone wins!
Ultimately the requests with regards to features in this radio are just totally trivial, but entertaining.It’s only a 350 – 400 radio depending if you want a 7 or 9 channel receiver.OK, they didn’t spend an extra $180,000 in R&D to bring a color touch screen to the radio that would have tacked on an additional $25 cost per unit, (color LCD processor, Color touch LCD, etc.)Plus they’d have to add in the cost to recover the $180K. And that’s with outsourcing the color touch screen module to local electronics suppliers which would then be copied by China within the coming year.To truly develop and engineer their proprietary color touch LCD they’d be looking at well over an upfront investment of $500,000.(And that’s not including the production tooling.) By then they would not have been able to bring these functions to the market at 350-400.It may have had to go to the 700 – 1200 range because it would be just a little too much for the user market they just hit.
I really hope Tower ships soon.
Attached is the Pelosi/Gore green government radio where with government funding anything is possible…
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97547.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1383018  
Old 02-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

Why go Chinese and cost yet another American their job, if you look around enough you will find them here. I just ordered mine with the 9chnl today and will get it by Wed. and it's not through Tower. Oh yeah and I only paid $425 and free shipping. There was only 2 in stock and my buddy got the other one.. SCORE.....
Old 02-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

sorry double post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Michel

Hi

Well............. that was nice ..........................

I have a question , ..................... When will Hitec be putting out the sensor station and the , temp prob , RPM sensor , for the telemetry . I,m extremely interested in this . I have informed myself and found that they have not been released as of yet ............ WHEN, WHEN , WHEN

Michel
Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
czaiss

chancho, you clearly have too much time on your hands,  maybe you need to get another kit plane and start building from scratch. That should take your mind off waiting for the radio.

Or take whatever you currently have, and go flying.   You know a watched pot never boils.

But I agree, with this radio,(and free receivers), Hitec is pulling the carpet out from under the legs of futaba, JR, spektrum, etc.  The price difference alone is staggering but the features are amazing and if they work reliably they will get lots of converts too.  What they need to do now is get into some of those lucrative RTF kits where the radios are supplied in the kit, they are the only company that doesn't do that.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Chancho

Just received a real professional response from Tower about moving their ship date out today, "Since Hitec isn't one of our PREFERREDsuppliers," we can't actually tell you when their going to be in stock or when it may ship... A call to the LHS has me in their line, too. Mid-March now,comingfromTower, seems as believable as Tiger's appology to his wife.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Michel

Hi

Tiger's apology to his wife.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Michel

Hi
Mike I took this from another thread here in RCU , can you evaluate on this :

There will be a couple different packages, as well as all items individually, but the full version with Sensor Station, HPP-22 USB interface, (4) Temp, (2) RPM, Fuel, and GPS will be around $260.

Mike.

Michel
Old 02-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Chancho

Czaiss,

I've had 37 emails from Tower since placing my order Nov 19. I can't count the ones from the thread subscriptions. With each email lighting up from Tower I'm thinking they're emailing me with a shipment notification. But.... Your right. It's actually sunny out in Michigan, a balmy 39 deg F with only 5 MPH wind right now. I have to get my mind off this radio waiting game thing. Ican remember the days I waited last flying season for a day with no wind, and when it did arrive Iwas too busy with family or work, many times."Good therapy - just go out and fly -I'll take you up on that!"

(Sorry Tiger...)

What a great hobby...
Old 02-20-2010, 01:30 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go figure. Most the local shops probably get the stuff from Hobbico aka Tower Hobbies.

I waited for a month for my engine and am happy I did, I can wait for my radio.

Andy
Old 02-20-2010, 02:29 PM
boothg-3

that post about hitec not being a preferred vendor makes me wonder if they might be stalling the orders since they are primarily a futaba dealer
and are trying to tick off customers at hitec enough that they would buy futaba instead, just a thought about marketing
Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

No!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:41 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Did any body get an A9 from Tower on this shipment? My order date was Dec. 10th, 2009, just wondering how close they got to my date?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:38 AM
udet1918

I spoke to Hitec at the WRAM show and they said they shipped to Tower 2 weeks ago. Never said how many units. My date is 4 December and I just checked my backorder and it says mid March. My friend is late Nov. and he has not recieved anything yet. Could there have been so many ahead of us or is Tower really playing games?

Ron
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Michel

Hi udet1918

Don,t give up.................... hang in there , from everything I,ve heard about this radio, it,s well worth it . I haven,t heard about mine neither . I,m up here in Canada , waiting for it to get to the LHS ( Government crap )

Michel
Old 02-21-2010, 09:09 AM
AJsToyz

I would be willing to bet Tower has a ton of them! Truck comes in , unloads , stock item in WH , they probably won't start shipping until at least Monday. Alot of times its just process and paper work.

Andy
Old 02-21-2010, 09:34 AM
89blackvert
My Feedback: (2)

Ok all you Tower backorder A9 heli nuts....  I have had mine on BO since Nov. 27th. and................................. mine says mid march now also   So I guess I did not make the last shipment backorder.  If I dont make the next shipment in mid March then I will start to be concerned about the mail in rebates for the extra RX's.  It is hard to believe that Tower is over 3 months behind on the A9 backorders.... I wonder how many are on backorder???  Any updates Mike>?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:37 AM
dszydel

My Tower Super Saver membership expires on March 17th. Since I placed my order with them at the end of December, will I still get the $60 discount and free shipping if the A9 doesn't ship to me until after that date?

My reasons for ordering the A9 are:
1) Very nice features in a 2.4GHz radio
2) Very good price
3) Tower Hobbies $60 discount + free shipping
4) One free and one half price receiver

If my backorder slips past march, and the free/half price receiver deal expires, and Tower has some stupid policy about having to be a super saver member on the day they charge me.....well then I'll just stick with my 72MHz radio for now.

A lot of things gotta go wrong for me to now get a new radio!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:39 AM
dszydel

I wonder how many are on backorder???
I talked to someone at Tower over a month ago and she said it was over a hundred on backorder at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.