Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 12:17 AM
czaiss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

I tested the failsafe by turning off the radio yes, I admit this is a little deceiving.

But I tested the behavior of short outages by causing the electronic ignition to spark outside the engine, to simulate the noise that is likely being generated when the motor is at high RPM. This is where I see the switch turning off, and flipping between on and off rapidly until the receiver recovers.

Although I just thought of something, The switch is likely edge triggered, maybe the spark it causing a line noise which is triggering the switch early. If thats the case, I'll have to make some modifications to either clean up that signal or make sure the relay stays on.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:48 AM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

Well ,............................. I,ve got some news , I,ve been billed for my receivers , which means , there on the way . So being Canadian , I,ll start complaining about the telemetry being late now ( why stop a habit ) . It,s been on back order since mid March . I,ve learnt from the best to complain ,.................... my wife ( love her to death , and than some )

All in all , I will end up with one receiver more than what was planned for , which adds up to $55 more for the system , that was planned for .

I,ve got my trainer all set up for the telemetry when it does come in .

Michel
Old 06-16-2010, 04:55 AM
JIMF14D

Actually a realistic way to test fail safe for when the link is broken is maybe to set the TX to range test and then drop the signal out by shielding the antenna so there is a loss of signal. Probably need two people, though putting the tx in a metal garbage can or putting some foil over the antenna might work.

This would be closer to an inflight link break than turning the TX off and on. But it may not be same as lets say a link break due to interference in band.

Just a thought.

Hey did that guy ever get that new spark plug?................................
Old 06-16-2010, 04:58 AM
JIMF14D

Does this mean RXwhining is over?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Michel

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

Does this mean RXwhining is over?
Hi

Exactly WHAT planet are you from ,......................... I,m Canadian . I,m going to start on the telemetry to-morrow . Besides , if we stop complaining , you,ll get bored ( just having a little fun )
Old 06-16-2010, 05:17 AM
Michel

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

Hey did that guy ever get that new spark plug?................................
My daughter says I need a new sparkplug , I,m fouling

Michel
Old 06-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Gungadin

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia. I received my receivers today. A l l e l u i a !!!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Michel

Hi

See ,...................................praying does help , and a credit card . I,m at youre 12 , so it might take a few days more

Michel
Old 06-17-2010, 10:25 PM
jpcr44

Michel, when they charged my credit card it took 10 days for my receivers to arrive. I'm in BC.

John
Old 06-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Falcon32

Hi Guys
I'm just about ready to put the radio gear in my new 45cc plane.
I will be using HS 5645's and want to use an A123 battery, do you think these servos will be OK or wiil I need a regulator.
Maybe I should just use a Nimh and leave it at that.
Could the Hitec guys give an opinion.

Thanks

Falcon
Old 06-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: Falcon32

Hi Guys
I'm just about ready to put the radio gear in my new 45cc plane.
I will be using HS 5645's and want to use an A123 battery, do you think these servos will be OK or wiil I need a regulator.
Maybe I should just use a Nimh and leave it at that.
Could the Hitec guys give an opinion.

Thanks

Falcon

The servos will work fine for sport level flying. With the A123 batteries, you can run them direct. No need for a regulator.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They still have not cashed my check, maybe they are not going to cash it [:@] Hopefully I will get them in the next couple of days.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Michel

Hi

Do what we did ,...................... pray
Old 06-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Geeeeeze................There's your answer.............You need to "Pray" not "prey" That's probably why you are not getting them!

Tcat
Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Michel

Hi

Thats funny ,......................... I didn,t see that . I like that mistake ROTF

Michel
Old 06-19-2010, 02:52 AM
Falcon32

Thanks Brendan
I won't be doing much 3D work, but if I were, what servos would you suggest ??

Falcon
Old 06-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Michel

Hi

I checked to see if version 1:07 is available yet ,.........................is it ?

Michel
Old 06-19-2010, 12:19 PM
MThemadhatter

Hi all

I made up my mind and bought a Hitec Aurora 9. So far I am seriously impressed, coming from my Dx6i its like another world.

I am still at the point of digesting the manual fully before installing it in an airframe and I have a questions .

The battery pack, its begging for a Lipo instead of the Nimh it comes with, there is even an option in the menu to use a Lipo. However the battery supplied has an odd plug on it, if you changed yours to a Lipo how have you done it ? I have used the search function on this thread but could not find anything on this, appolgies if its hiding some where lol
Old 06-19-2010, 12:23 PM
CAT POwer
My Feedback: (61)

I get 3hr plus from the Aurora with Hitec battery.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: MThemadhatter

Hi all

I made up my mind and bought a Hitec Aurora 9. So far I am seriously impressed, coming from my Dx6i its like another world.

I am still at the point of digesting the manual fully before installing it in an airframe and I have a questions .

The battery pack, its begging for a Lipo instead of the Nimh it comes with, there is even an option in the menu to use a Lipo. However the battery supplied has an odd plug on it, if you changed yours to a Lipo how have you done it ? I have used the search function on this thread but could not find anything on this, appolgies if its hiding some where lol
Hi
All of youre questions can be answered here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_92..._3/key_/tm.htm
Old 06-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: MThemadhatter

Hi all

I didn't see mine begging for a Lipo. Mine gets several hours on the stock NimH battery that came with it which is a long way from what we used to get from batteries "back in the day" of non-computer radios.
NimH batteries are easy to take care of and not so finicky when it comes to charging, so I'd recommend at least using the original battery for a couple or more years when it starts to wear out. Then if your A9 gets on it's tiny little knees and begs for a Lipo, you might as well give him one just to shut him up.
I don't know about you, but I have enough voices in my head going on all the time without having to listen to the yammering of an RC transmitter.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:21 PM
GizmoMadMax

Hello, I am not sure if my post on the Hitec Mfg post is seen by you all here, so here is the link and my delima that has me scared on a brown out today?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9814119/tm.htm

Help, I am confused over a brown out issue today???

I have been flying my Aurora 9 with 6 channel Optima 6's in my electric planes and foamy's with 2 & 3 cell Lipo's, and been perfectly fine, but get this???

I finally broke out my Nitro models Bobcat with a 65 nitro and charged my receiver packs last eve, but then today on the ground, when I moved all the servo's before take off, I had a brown out several times, so I refused to fly it????
This is scary...wow, bad scenario has me wondering now, and I have the following questions in order to figure this out?

* My bobcat has my 9 channel Optima 9 in it.
* my bobcat has TWO 4-cell receiver packs connected in parrallel as I flew it last year with my JR 7207 system...worked perfect.
* I used a 'Y' harness to come off the power switch from the 2 Nicads to power the standard Rx port, then the other 'Y' connector to the SPC power to insure that I did NOT have borwn-outs...

> OK, is my sense that 4 cell NiCd is NOTsuitable for the Optima receivers (and the Aurora 9) ???? This seems crazy, did hitec pump out optima's, but yet they do NOT work on the lower voltages of the 4-cell nicad receiver packs that we all have in our nitro fleets????

> Do I maybe need to use a small 2-cell Lipo battery to connect directly into the SPC port to keep the power and voltage high enough so that the silly Optima receivers do not have brown outs in my gas & Nitro fleet????

or should I upgrade my whole fleet to 5-cell nicds instead of 4-cell nicds for the higher voltage (I hope not)?

> if Lipo voltage is a must, which is diappointing, what chart is out there to power the 6 or 7 or 9 channel optima receivers?

> if 4 cell nicds are ok, any brand better than others or what MAH power levels, the former days have been the old stand by 500 or 600 or 700 MAh packs?

HELP!!!!
Thank you in advance for the help!!
[]
Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
42etus
My Feedback: (2)

* I used a 'Y' harness to come off the power switch from the 2 Nicads to power the standard Rx port, then the other 'Y' connector to the SPC power to insure that I did NOT have borwn-outs...

You still have only 1 battery powering the Optima, 1 battery composed of 8 cells, but still only 1 battery. The SPC port is meant to allow a second battery to power the receiver while a seperate battery powers the servos. Split the batteries up and use one into the SPC port and the other into an empty servo port. You MUST use two seperate switches to do this correctly. Refer to your Aurora manual.

To go further, If you experienced brown out with freshly charged batteries while stiring the sticks on the ground, your battery packs would be suspect. Have you cycled them lately and what was the result? If you replace them, pony up for 5 cell packs, you'll be glad you did.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:13 PM
JIMF14D

I get 4 hours at least. Ido not usually fly more than say 1.5 hours Tx ON time during any day so my batteries recover some each night which helps.

Use it for a while and see if you really need a Lipo.
Jim D
Old 06-19-2010, 07:23 PM
JIMF14D

Well you never do say what the capacity of your batteries is. Also not clear what size servos and how many. If you are using 600mah for .65 model you are a kamakazi for sure. And you only have really one battery since you did not use a seperate battery for the Rx via the SPC port.

A seperate battery on the SPC port will keep your Rx and TX link going even if your servos momentarily draw lots of current. Ithink it is one of the best features of the Hitec design!

Ihave been flying two .70 four stroke six pound, 6 servo models with the 7 channel using 4 cell, 1200mah batteries and not SPC. Not doing 3D of course. Maybe pushing my luck but no brown out out so far.

By the way , you say brown out but what actual problem did you see with RX and servos?

Relax, if you do it right the A9 with Optima will get you there!

Jim D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.