RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/8515737-new-hitec-aurora-9-channel-2-4ghz-radio-system.html)

Zor 09-15-2011 04:58 AM

RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

BuschBarber,
You haven't mentioned what manufacturer and model servos you have.

After years of using Digital servos, I can tell you that the Whining is common and of little concern.

In the case of the Pull Pull system, when the cables are directly connected to the servo arm, there may be equal tension on each side of the servo arm, but there is always considerable tension on the Output Shaft.
I do not do any advertising in the forum.
Suffice to say that my servos are branded by an American distributor and well known.

I agree that the Whining (capital W as you wrote it) may be common and of little concern to those who did not find the reason(s) for it. I still consider the whining (buzzing, noise) is not normal. I do not see whining servos at the club with dozens of models being activated.

With a Pull Pull system there is no reason to have <u>"considerable" </u>tension on the shaft bearings.
The tension should be minimal, the servo should have ball bearings instead of bushings and the cables (or any connecting) to the control surface should have minimum elasticity (preferably none atall). That can be easily accomplished wihout having slop.

I agree the thread should return toitsinitial advertising for the radio system.

Having proper control and servo installation is not a matter of chance or luck, it is a factual possibility.

Zor

<u></u>

Jesper1979 09-15-2011 01:50 PM

Zor, When you always end up in a dispute with everyone, they call you names and really don't want to hear your inputs, WHY do you stay?
Go away and stay away!

Bob Pastorello 09-15-2011 02:21 PM

I think the term is masochistic narcissism disorder.

onewasp 09-15-2011 03:48 PM

Bob,

SELF inflicted to boot !!!

Zor 09-15-2011 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Jesper1979

Zor, When you always end up in a dispute with everyone, theycall you names and really don't want to hear your inputs, WHY do you stay?
Go away and stay away!
Hello Jasper1979,

I am not in any dispute with anyone.
Someone express his outlook and experience and I express mine.

I always think of all the readers out there who read these forums and I think they are entitled to read both side and evaluate for themselves what makes sense to them.

I do not have any servos humming and simply said so. I do not think it is normal for servos to constantly hum (make noise) and I simply said so.

Anyone that think it is normal are free to have their own understanding. I just wished to inform the readers that this is not normal and that I do not have any noisy servos at neutral.

In conclusion, I havequestions for you that I hope you will respond to ___

Are your servos buzzing? making noise at neutral (centering) ?

Please let us know.

If you have, did you try to find the reason or simply accepted the fact as normal ?

Best regards de Zor

BuschBarber 09-15-2011 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Zor

ORIGINAL: Jesper1979

Zor, When you always end up in a dispute with everyone, they call you names and really don't want to hear your inputs, WHY do you stay?
Go away and stay away!
Hello Jasper1979,

I am not in any dispute with anyone.
Someone express his outlook and experience and I express mine.

I always think of all the readers out there who read these forums and I think they are entitled to read both side and evaluate for themselves what makes sense to them.

I do not have any servos humming and simply said so. I do not think it is normal for servos to constantly hum (make noise) and I simply said so.

Anyone that think it is normal are free to have their own understanding. I just wished to inform the readers that this is not normal and that I do not have any noisy servos at neutral.

In conclusion, I have questions for you that I hope you will respond to _ _ _

Are your servos buzzing? making noise at neutral (centering) ?

Please let us know.

If you have, did you try to find the reason or simply accepted the fact as normal ?

Best regards de Zor

Bottom line is that Servo Buzz and Whining is normal. As usual, you are in error. Go back into the shadows. Find a cooking forum and argue with them.

zx32tt 09-16-2011 01:34 AM

What has any of this have to do with the functions of the Aurora 9 radio. Zor, if you don't have an A-9, please direct your opinions regarding Hitec, and the A-9 system, to some other forum. I realize this is an open forum, but your comments serve no purpose other than your own self satisfaction of creating disruption. Those of us subscribed to this thread are here for a better understanding of this radio and all of its functions.

rs402931 09-16-2011 02:28 AM

ZOR,

My digitals BUZZ.............Now BUZZoff Zor

rhd-RCU 09-16-2011 07:06 AM

It was someone else who started the question of servo buzzing.

Zor 09-16-2011 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: rhd-RCU

It was someone else who started the question of servo buzzing.

Hello rhd-RCU ,

All I did is respond to inform the readers that I did not have any buzzing servos and I did not consider buzzing digital servos is a normal situation.

A few that apparently have the situation posted some nasty comments about me.
It only reflects on themselves.

The Hitec A9 is from a reputed manufacturer and does not market buzzing servos.
I traced one of the fellowsthat (inadvertently, I guess, informed us)he was using servos that cost him $3.59 .

Thanks "rhd-RCU" for your post kindly helping to set the scenario correctly.

Zor

Zor 09-16-2011 08:45 AM

<span style="color: #ff0000">Red inserts by Zor</span></p>

ORIGINAL: zx32tt</p>

What has any of this have to do with the functions of the Aurora 9 radio. Zor,</p>

<span style="color: #ff0000">"Any of this" concerned the subject that I informed the general readers that I do not have any buzzing servos. In fact I never had any buzzing (humming) servos.</span></p>

if you don't have an A-9, please direct your opinions regarding Hitec, and the A-9 system, to some other forum.</p>

<span style="color: #ff0000">I never wrote any opinions regarding Hitec and the A-9 system. I only discussed the "buzzing servo" claim as being normal and still think it is not normal.
I beleive it makes sense that a reputed manufacturer does not put his trade name on cheap inexpensive servos that may buzz due to their poor quality.</span></p>

I realize this is an open forum, but your comments serve no purpose other than your own self satisfaction of creating disruption.</p>

<span style="color: #ff0000">"disruption _ _ ? " I have no self satisfaction else then I believe the readers should not take for granted that buzzing servos is a normal situation.</span></p>

Those of us subscribed to this thread are here for a better understanding of this radio and all of its functions.</p>

<span style="color: #ff0000">It does not take over (3,900) three thousand nine hundred postings to cover the better understanding of this radio system.
I do not believe this thread was started for that purpose. Just read the beginning of the thread and make your own judgment as to the purpose of this thread.</span></p>

</p>

Whenever you write a posting, keep in mind the general readers that do not participate by posting.
They are the main reason for the advetising in this forum.</p>

I am a reader as well as a participant.</p>

Regards to all readers and participants.</p>

Zor
</p>

vasek 09-16-2011 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: rs402931

............Now BUZZ off Zor
...maybe he needs some help :eek:

wcmorrison 09-16-2011 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Alex7403

what is that cable on the back?

The cable is the connection to the antenna from the 2.4 module.

Chip

canavanbob 09-21-2011 11:59 AM

I'm getting a second A9 with the XPS module, I will sell the receivers to fund the purchase of the XPS module. I should have them Saturday.
9 ch 3 @ 50$ each
7 ch 2 @ 35$ each
6 ch 3 @ 30$ each

Speedfreek 68 09-21-2011 09:14 PM

Well guys I hate to burst your bubble w/ the Aurora 9 but I lost a giant sacle airplane this past weekend, I lost the freaquency no response from this particular transmitter on final, I checked all batteries they are still fully charged, I checked out everything from batteries to the surfaces of my P-51
I have been flying radio control for 12 years, I never had this problem with Futaba, Just giving my 2 cents worth of information beware of the Aurora 9!!!

A.T. 09-22-2011 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Speedfreek 68 Well guys I hate to burst your bubble w/ the Aurora 9 but I lost a giant sacle airplane this past weekend, I lost the freaquency no response from this particular transmitter on final, I checked all batteries they are still fully charged, I checked out everything from batteries to the surfaces of my P-51 I have been flying radio control for 12 years, I never had this problem with Futaba, Just giving my 2 cents worth of information beware of the Aurora 9!!!
Very sorry to hear of your loss, but were TX, Module and Transceiver all updated to latest firmware?
Did failsafe kick in? what was the lowest battery reading on the screen, otherwise appears similar toa current Futaba thread:
Futaba 8fg failsafe crash
New sources of "interference"aka other problems effecting all brands of 2.4Ghz systems are being reported, not all picked up as quickly asthis was:
<span class="oldpost"><u><font face="Verdana">Surprising source of radio interference</font></u></span>

Alan T.

Zor 09-22-2011 04:03 AM

ABOUT "Fail Safe"

The selection of words "fail safe" is not really referring to safety of any kind when the command signals fail at the receiver.

Manyradio systemshave no other choice than bring the engine power to idle or shut off the motor when the receiver is not picking up enough signal to demodulate it adequately (poor signal to noise ratio) and the last command is retained. That means if we had some control surfaces out of neutral they remained in their deflected position. That certainly does not provide for eventual normal glide conditions unless the model was already trimmed in a normal descent attitude.

Anyone with free flight experience will remember the days when we balanced our models to glide on their own. I still believe we should aim to achieve that and I am one who does.

I would like to see all control surfaces come to neutral and the model balanced such that it has some positive stability and given enough altitude aim toward a straight or shallow turning descent. A phugoid oscillation can be expected.

It would provide a much safer flight attitude than a high speed spiral into the ground or a nose first contact.

I can undestand fellows writing that they prefer to disable the fail safe even though I did not see any referrence to model balance for stability and gliding.

I would encourage model aiplane pilots to test the ability of their model to establish a gliding attitude in the event of a signal failure.

It should be done with plenty of altitude (height above ground) and from any model attitude (nose up or down or highly banked) and observe the model response and loss of altitude (height).to the degree that height can be estimated.

It is of course understood that the above is not alwyays the ideal condition if a model is intentionally aimed at precision aerobatics where neutral stability is an advantage.

Some have claimed that negative stability is helpful in pattern flying. I am not arguing against that.

The main idea is to set their model for the style of flyingenjoyed most or have different models for different style of flying.That is quite obvious . . . is it not ? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

Enjoy,

Zor

P.S.: Edited to correct some spelling.

DougV 09-22-2011 05:08 AM

ORIGINAL: A.T.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, but were TX, Module and Transceiver all updated to latest firmware?
Did failsafe kick in? what was the lowest battery reading on the screen, otherwise appears similar to a current Futaba thread:

Alan T.
No it appears more like this thread: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...39730&page=321 that's f l y i n g g i a n t s . c o m

Doug.

OldRookie 09-22-2011 05:28 AM

I am setting up a new electric plane with my Aurora 9.
I'm new to electrics, and need to know what warning voltage I should set my alarm to, for a 3S LIPO?

Greg

Zor 09-22-2011 05:32 AM

ORIGINAL: DougV

Did failsafe kick in? what was the lowest battery reading on the screen, otherwise appears similar toa current Futaba thread:

Alan T.
No it appears more like this thread: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...0&amp;page=321 that's f l y i n g g i a n t s . c o m

Doug.

Cannot display the web page Doug.

Zor

BuschBarber 09-22-2011 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: DougV

Did failsafe kick in? what was the lowest battery reading on the screen, otherwise appears similar to a current Futaba thread:

Alan T.
No it appears more like this thread: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...39730&page=321 that's f l y i n g g i a n t s . c o m

Doug.

Cannot display the web page Doug.

Zor

The web link does not work because RCU automatically replaces the web site name with stars (*****). You just need to replace the stars with the site name referenced, then it will work. RCU has been doing this for years. I believe other forums do this as well.

Speedfreek 68 09-22-2011 06:33 PM

Zor
all may batteries were all fully charged, I got the Thundertiger 3cell 11.1 lipo in my transmitter 2250ma. and was also fully charged up, I did everything a preflight, frequency check, all was intact and ready to fly. I'm very good about checking my RC aircraft before i airborne.

Speedfreek 68 09-22-2011 06:35 PM

Zor
all may batteries were all fully charged, I got the Thundertiger 3cell 11.1 lipo in my transmitter 2250ma. and was also fully charged up, I did everything a preflight, frequency check, all was intact and ready to fly. I'm very good about checking my RC aircraft before i airborne.

Zor 09-22-2011 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Speedfreek 68

Zor
Hi Speedfreak 68,

I certainly did not question your qualifications.

I feel sad that you lost a nice model particularly that it is not easy to determine the reason.
I can think of many possible reasons although none could now be proven. There is no point speculating.

Just do not give up. All clouds have a silver lining http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif

Zor

BuschBarber 09-22-2011 07:02 PM

ABOUT ''Fail Safe''

The selection of words ''fail safe'' is not really referring to safety of any kind when the command signals fail at the receiver.

Many radio systems have no other choice than bring the engine power to idle or shut off the motor when the receiver is not picking up enough signal to demodulate it adequately (poor signal to noise ratio) and the last command is retained. That means if we had some control surfaces out of neutral they remained in their deflected position. That certainly does not provide for eventual normal glide conditions unless the model was already trimmed in a normal descent attitude.

Anyone with free flight experience will remember the days when we balanced our models to glide on their own. I still believe we should aim to achieve that and I am one who does.

I would like to see all control surfaces come to neutral and the model balanced such that it has some positive stability and given enough altitude aim toward a straight or shallow turning descent. A phugoid oscillation can be expected.

It would provide a much safer flight attitude than a high speed spiral into the ground or a nose first contact.

I can undestand fellows writing that they prefer to disable the fail safe even though I did not see any referrence to model balance for stability and gliding.

I would encourage model aiplane pilots to test the ability of their model to establish a gliding attitude in the event of a signal failure.

It should be done with plenty of altitude (height above ground) and from any model attitude (nose up or down or highly banked) and observe the model response and loss of altitude (height).to the degree that height can be estimated.

It is of course understood that the above is not alwyays the ideal condition if a model is intentionally aimed at precision aerobatics where neutral stability is an advantage.

Some have claimed that negative stability is helpful in pattern flying. I am not arguing against that.

The main idea is to set their model for the style of flying enjoyed most or have different models for different style of flying. That is quite obvious . . . is it not ? [img][/img]

Enjoy,

Zor

P.S.: Edited to correct some spelling.

Most 7 channel receivers and above give you the option to set Failsafe Conditions to either Hold (where all channels Hold their position and Throttle goes to Idle), or Preset (where you can set the Failsafe Conditions for each channel, so, for example, the aircraft comes down in a slight spiral. Each channel can be set individually). With JR/Spectrum, this is done when you Bind, and there is a separate Binding Procedure for Failsafe Hold and a separate Binding Procedure for Failsafe Preset. The receiver does not go into Failsafe, however, if there is a Brownout or if power is lost to the receiver.

Propworn 09-23-2011 03:33 AM

I have been a 100 % Hitec user since the first Prism came out. I have had multiples of this radio as well as the 7X’s when they came out. Upgraded to the Eclipse when they came out and I have just bought my second Aurora. I have been super satisfied with the performance and support from Hitec.

After my second Aurora I upgraded all software for the radio and receivers. I also swapped out all my battery packs to the Hyperion G3 LiFe receiver packs. I chose the Hyperion line because of the accessories readily available. Connectors and adaptor plus for charging and balancing to fit just about any compatible chemistry charger as well as the EOS Sentry which gives you a quick check on the remaining capacity of your receiver pack. In fact it will check Li-ion, Li-po and Li-Fe packs of all makes. You cannot depend on the telemetry voltage reading from the LiFe packs as I understand they may read above the cut off voltage right up to the end of their usable capacity. The EOS Sentry gives you a % of remaining capacity. I like being able to quick charge them at the field and being non volatile like the Lipo’s I feel comfortable with them permanently mounted in each plane.

Dennis

Ken Cz 09-23-2011 11:06 AM

Dennis,
I just read the Hyperion Owners manual for the EOS Sentry and it appears this device measures voltage to determine remaining power left in the pack.
If that is the case, it is no better than an ordinary voltage meter when dealing with Life batteries.

As you mentioned, the Life packs have a very flat discharge curve - they will maintain 6.6 - 6.5 V (2 cell) throughout the discharge process and then drop like a lead balloon.
Therefore, I do not belive the device cannot accurately predict remaining power base solely on voltage.

Many folks at my Club are using the Life Packs (A123, Hobbico, Hyperion) including myself and other Giant Scale (42%) Pilots.
It is our understanding that the only way to safely use these packs is to charge fully, fly 2-3 normal flights, recharge and record number of mAh put back into the pack. Doing this creates a history of mAh used.
You can then determine the average mAh usage per flight and how many flights your particular packs can safely support.

If the EOS Sentry somehow measures something other than pack voltage it may be worthwhile and I stand corrected. Let me know if you have more info on it.

I have lost several expensive planes due to battery pack failures/insuffiecient voltage so I am now extremly cautious in the area.

Best Regards,
Ken

Propworn 09-23-2011 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Ken Cz

Dennis,
I just read the Hyperion Owners manual for the EOS Sentry and it appears this device measures voltage to determine remaining power left in the pack.
If that is the case, it is no better than an ordinary voltage meter when dealing with Life batteries.

As you mentioned, the Life packs have a very flat discharge curve - they will maintain 6.6 - 6.5 V (2 cell) throughout the discharge process and then drop like a lead balloon.
Therefore, I do not belive the device cannot accurately predict remaining power base solely on voltage.

Many folks at my Club are using the Life Packs (A123, Hobbico, Hyperion) including myself and other Giant Scale (42%) Pilots.
It is our understanding that the only way to safely use these packs is to charge fully, fly 2-3 normal flights, recharge and record number of mAh put back into the pack. Doing this creates a history of mAh used.
You can then determine the average mAh usage per flight and how many flights your particular packs can safely support.

If the EOS Sentry somehow measures something other than pack voltage it may be worthwhile and I stand corrected. Let me know if you have more info on it.

I have lost several expensive planes due to battery pack failures/insuffiecient voltage so I am now extremly cautious in the area.

Best Regards,
Ken

I too have always checked my batteries regularly during a day of flying. Always have always will. I have never lost a plane due to battery failure. The EOS measures the voltage via the balance plug. This allows you to quickly scroll through the packs cell by cell and compare the voltage.. I use 3 differing battery capacities depending on size of aircraft. All three sizes take 40 to 45 % of the rated mAh when the EOS says 65% remaining. Some aircraft I get 8 or 9 flights before hitting that benchmark others 3 or 4 depending on the draw on those batteries. I suppose I could adjust the capacity of each planes battery pack so I could get the same amount of flights but it’s just as easy for me to remember how fast the battery capacity is depleted and adjust my flying/charging habits for each plane. The EOS is about $20 which is less than a decent voltmeter. Its quick plug the balance jack in and compare cells to each other. I have checked my lipo’s as well and it seems to be quite accurate when I recharge and note the power that has been returned to the pack. I don’t know the mechanics on how they accomplish this but I have cross referenced it enough times to say I have some confidence in the readings displayed. As I said what I am getting on the EOS I am confirming on my Thunderpower Chargers

A.T. 09-23-2011 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Propworn <span style="font-size: smaller">I have been a 100 % Hitec user since the first Prism came out. I have had multiples of this radio as well as the 7X&rsquo;s when they came out. Upgraded to the Eclipse when they came out and I have just bought my second Aurora. I have been super satisfied with the performance and support from Hitec. After my second Aurora I upgraded all software for the radio and receivers. I also swapped out all my battery packs to the Hyperion G3 LiFe receiver packs. I chose the Hyperion line because of the accessories readily available. Connectors and adaptor plus for charging and balancing to fit just about any compatible chemistry charger as well as the EOS Sentry which gives you a quick check on the remaining capacity of your receiver pack. In fact it will check Li-ion, Li-po and Li-Fe packs of all makes. You cannot depend on the telemetry voltage reading from the LiFe packs as I understand they may read above the cut off voltage right up to the end of their usable capacity. The EOS Sentry gives you a % of remaining capacity. I like being able to quick charge them at the field and being non volatile like the Lipo&rsquo;s I feel comfortable with them permanently mounted in each plane. Dennis </span>
There has been a trend for increased caution with LiFE being usedfor receiver packs as the sudden drop off cannot be accuratelymeasured by any (dis)charger nor telemetry system at present.
Please refer to:
<font color="#22229c"><u>Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models</u></font><font size="1"> -</font><span style="font-size: x-small"> caution re NiMH<font color="#ff0000"> </font></span><font size="1">(especially Eneloop)<font size="2"> <span style="color: #ff0000">&amp; Alert re LiFE</span></font>

</font><span>[Hyperion is a brand name, nota manufacturer, the samecells being most likely cheaper under several other labels. Hyperion does provide a warning sheet advising which size packs/wire guageto use:
<span style="font-size: smaller"><span style="color: #ff0000">"</span></span><span style="color: #ff0000"><span style="font-size: smaller"><u><font color="#00265e">HYPERION G3 LiFePO4 Batteries for Radio Transmitters and Receivers - Warning</font></u><font color="#000000">
</font></span></span></span><font size="1"><span style="color: #ff0000"><span style="font-size: smaller"><span style="color: #ff0000"><font size="1">"SERVOS - Many servos on the market, and particularly many of the lower-cost analog types, cannot operate at the voltage supplied by these LiFe Receiver packs. Attempting to use a servo rated for maximum of 6V or less WILL RESULT in reduced servo life, and may lead to in-flight failure. Any such failure is the sole responsibility of the user."
"<font color="#000000">If you have any concerns about the voltage rating of your servos, you may choose to run a BEC unit, such as the 5V/6V selectable Hyperion SBEC (HP-TICOOL-BEC), in order to regulate voltage down to suit your servos. This offers greater safety compared to BEC units running off the main flight pack because even if your main flight pack is completely depleted in flight the radio and servos will maintain power via the Rx pack."]</font></font>
</span></span>
</span><font size="2">The only reliable method for any receiver battery chemistry, is to top up (field charge) after every 2 - 3 flights,
being the reason field chargers were introduced about 20 years ago.
Personally, do not fly any model above a .60 without dual battery packs:
<font color="#22229c"><u>Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed</u></font> - Avoid <font color="#22229c"><u>Brownout</u></font> &amp; Add Redundancy, <font size="1">even one for each servo.</font>
</font></font><span style="font-size: x-small">
</span><font size="2">more under "Battery Care, Performance &amp; DIY Battery Packs." at
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links</font><span style="font-size: smaller">(quick search = Ctrl+F)</span>

<font size="2">Alan T.

PS:Post 3927 posted unseen whilst typing this post, links may still help others as Dennis obviously has good understanding of his system.</font></p>

Guitarman52 09-23-2011 01:58 PM

Ok Hitec experts. I just switched to the Aurora 9. I am trying to set up my Phase 3 F-16, but I can't get it to work. The F-16 is a foamy jet with two flaps on the tail that act as ailerons and elevator. There is just one servo per flap. I have been trying to find the elevon feature on the screen but have not been able to find it. I am not sure that is what I need, but I'm thinking it is. I am using the Optima 6 channel RX. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A.T. 09-23-2011 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Guitarman52 Ok Hitec experts. I just switched to the Aurora 9. I am trying to set up my Phase 3 F-16, but I can't get it to work. The F-16 is a foamy jet with two flaps on the tail that act as ailerons and elevator. There is just one servo per flap. I have been trying to find the elevon feature on the screen but have not been able to find it. I am not sure that is what I need, but I'm thinking it is. I am using the Optima 6 channel RX. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
<font color="#22229c"><u>Aurora 9 - Elevon</u></font> - Set up.
<font color="#22229c"><u>Aurora 9 - Delta Wing - set up</u></font> EPA, D/R &amp; EXP w/photos
<font color="#22229c">Aurora A9 - Ailevator &amp; Tailerons</font>

<span style="font-size: smaller">ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules &amp; Optima Transceivers
- FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}
</span>
<dt>Tailerons &amp; V-Tails options &amp; set up </dt><dt>Tailerons vs Traditional Control Surface Configuration - with video.
ex <span style="font-size: smaller">Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links</span><span style="font-size: smaller"> (quick search = Ctrl+F)

</span>Page 102 of the manual also refers.

Alan T.</dt>

Beej 09-23-2011 02:49 PM

Good morning All - quick question from me. I have been using the HP-22 to update my firmware -about to go into a 30cc YAK and dont want it dropping out of the sky (unnecessarily..). I have three receivers in various models currently - updated two of them with no problems but a third one just will not be "recognised" by the HP-22. I have read the pages here and elsewhere and no end of battery recharging, plugging/unplugging sequencing makes a jot of difference. It seems to me that the conclusions from these pages is that it is likely a faulty data port (first time I have updated the receivers/module).

Correct?

If so, I may as well throw it in the bin since my local hobby store is so hopeless there is no way they will return to Hitec for replacement since I dont have the payment receipt although it's less than 6 months old. Another $100 down the drain due to **** quality control I guess...

cheers

Beej

A.T. 09-23-2011 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Beej Good morning All - quick question from me. I have been using the HP-22 to update my firmware -about to go into a 30cc YAK and dont want it dropping out of the sky (unnecessarily..). I have three receivers in various models currently - updated two of them with no problems but a third one just will not be "recognised" by the HP-22. I have read the pages here and elsewhere and no end of battery recharging, plugging/unplugging sequencing makes a jot of difference. It seems to me that the conclusions from these pages is that it is likely a faulty data port (first time I have updated the receivers/module). Correct? If so, I may as well throw it in the bin since my local hobby store is so hopeless there is no way they will return to Hitec for replacement since I dont have the payment receipt although it's less than 6 months old. Another $100 down the drain due to **** quality control I guess... cheers Beej
Optima 9? There were a few 9's which were difficult for the HPP-22 to recognise for whatever reason, typically SPC plug was not re-insertedin lieu of battery to SPC, RX battery to low or not turned on at correct time.
<font color="#22229c"><u>Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer</u></font> - Manual, FAQ - How to install &amp; Use Instructions <font size="1">(with screenshots)</font>.
. Retry witha 6v+ pack (max 35v)&amp;switch harness pluggedinto the SPC port
(<span style="font-size: smaller">do notconnect power through any servo port in this instance) &amp; never use an ESC/BEC whilst changing firmware in Optima.

</span>Alan T.

Beej 09-23-2011 03:23 PM

Sorry Alan - forgot to mention - yes, optima 9.

B.

ORIGINAL: Beej Good morning All - quick question from me. I have been using the HP-22 to update my firmware -about to go into a 30cc YAK and dont want it dropping out of the sky (unnecessarily..). I have three receivers in various models currently - updated two of them with no problems but a third one just will not be ''recognised'' by the HP-22. I have read the pages here and elsewhere and no end of battery recharging, plugging/unplugging sequencing makes a jot of difference. It seems to me that the conclusions from these pages is that it is likely a faulty data port (first time I have updated the receivers/module). Correct? If so, I may as well throw it in the bin since my local hobby store is so hopeless there is no way they will return to Hitec for replacement since I dont have the payment receipt although it's less than 6 months old. Another $100 down the drain due to **** quality control I guess... cheers Beej
Optima 9? There were a few 9's which were difficult for the HPP-22 to recognise for whatever reason, typically SPC plug was not re-inserted in lieu of battery to SPC, RX battery to low or not turned on at correct time.
http://<font color=''#22229c''><u>Hi...mer</u></font> - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions <font size=''1''>(with screenshots)</font>.
. Retry with a 6v+ pack (max 35v) & switch harness plugged into the SPC port
(<span style=''font-size: smaller''>do not connect power through any servo port in this instance) & never use an ESC/BEC whilst changing firmware in Optima.

</span>Alan T.

Guitarman52 09-23-2011 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Guitarman52 Ok Hitec experts. I just switched to the Aurora 9. I am trying to set up my Phase 3 F-16, but I can't get it to work. The F-16 is a foamy jet with two flaps on the tail that act as ailerons and elevator. There is just one servo per flap. I have been trying to find the elevon feature on the screen but have not been able to find it. I am not sure that is what I need, but I'm thinking it is. I am using the Optima 6 channel RX. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
http://<font color=''#22229c''><u>Au...von</u></font> - Set up.
http://<font color=''#22229c''><u>Au... up</u></font> EPA, D/R & EXP w/photos
http://<font color=''#22229c''>Auror...ilerons</font>

<span style=''font-size: smaller''>ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}
</span>
<dt>Tailerons & V-Tails options & set up </dt><dt>http://Tailerons vs Traditional Cont... - with video.
ex <span style=''font-size: smaller''>Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links</span><span style=''font-size: smaller''> (quick search = Ctrl+F)

</span>Page 102 of the manual also refers.

Alan T.</dt>
Thanks for the reply AT , problem solved.

4ptroll 09-23-2011 05:55 PM

I was liucky enough to get an Aurora 9 in a trade. Absolutey love it. Easist radio to program that I have ever owned. Great Job HITEC

goldeagle 09-24-2011 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: canavanbob

I'm getting a second A9 with the XPS module, I will sell the receivers to fund the purchase of the XPS module. I should have them Saturday.
9 ch 3 @ 50$ each
7 ch 2 @ 35$ each
6 ch 3 @ 30$ each
YOU ASKE ME IF PAYPAL WAS GOOD,ISAID YES NEED YOUR PAYPAL INFO,NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME YOU SOLD THEM?&gt;

chocorrol 09-26-2011 07:14 AM

guys I'm wondering if any of you have had this issue:

A friend of mine got his new Aurora like two weeks ago, and yesterday he told me that it has been like three times that he turns on the Tx and it just doesn't start up, the power light is on but the LCD is completely blank, this happened to me once but I didn't pay attention 'cause it never happened again, but with my friend's radio seems to me a little more serious.

have any of you guys had this problem?

A.T. or Mike: should he send his radio to service?</p>

Wayne Miller 09-26-2011 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller

Hi,

My Aurora 9 transmitter beeps every time it switches between transmitter battery voltage and percent display, it does this about every minute. I've searched but can not seem find any reference on how to turn this beeping off.

Does anyone know if this beep can be turned off, or can I program the display to have either battery voltage, or percent, so it won't keep switching and therefore (hopefully) won't beep?

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

Hi,

I posted the above on 7/27/11 and there was a follow up post 3871 . Also on 9/5/11 Michel's post 3893 asked about it as well. I've been very patient and keep hoping for a fix shortly.

The last I heard from Hitec was Mike would be taking one out of stock and checking it out the next week. I haven't heard anything since from Hitec.

Does anyone know what is happening? Is the proper procedure to start a separate thread identifying this Aurora 9 72Mhz problem?

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

42etus 09-26-2011 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: chocorrol

guys I'm wondering if any of you have had this issue:

A friend of mine got his new Aurora like two weeks ago, and yesterday he told me that it has been like three times that he turns on the Tx and it just doesn't start up, the power light is on but the LCD is completely blank, this happened to me once but I didn't pay attention 'cause it never happened again, but with my friend's radio seems to me a little more serious.

have any of you guys had this problem?

A.T. or Mike: should he send his radio to service?</p>
This has happened to me maybe 6 times. Each time I switch it off and then back on again and everything works normally.