RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

SManMTB 06-07-2005 12:00 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Maybe I should have come...... sounds like the Jammin got to be used by someone who needed it more than me ;). Thank you for the offer, that's cool.
Just got a sh..load of stuff delivered. Everything except the bulkhead housing (stripped threads) so I might be able to hack something together for this weekend.

9 laps is impressive for the first time out, considering about the amount of wear and destruction I put mine through the first day. :D

slicks 06-07-2005 07:11 AM

Actually -- the buggies taking 1st and 2nd place were both running with the OS RG engine!!

That stinks that the bulkhead housing is still on backorder -- I am not familiar with your buggy at all, but is it something that some CA glue can fix for the short term?

I wouldn't mind going down to Amherst as a group - sounds like fun to me. Is that race the 18th or 19th of June? I think that the track is just north of Lynchburg so my guess is that it is about a 60 mile drive (?) which isn't too bad at all. We can have a C'ville race team!

SManMTB 06-07-2005 07:23 AM

CA will probably work OK'ish but not more. I have tio use a M4 screw because the hole is so big. I fixed the broken aluminum part with JB weld and will use that one instead of the new part until I get the new bulkhead.

The race is on June 19.

Blue Ridge R/C Raceway Nitro Challenge.
Joe Bondurant, Ph: 434 946 9371
[email protected]

Practice from 10AM - 1PM. Race start at 1.30PM.
5 min qualifier. 5 min lower mains. 10 min A main.

slicks 06-07-2005 10:45 AM

How about we discuss going to Amherst this weekend where ever we end up racing?

SManMTB 06-07-2005 10:50 AM

OK

ZRaceman01 06-07-2005 01:26 PM

Wayne and I are going to the race for sure. I am hoping that they run ROAR rules because the CRONO is a 21.

I want to thank Kevin and Scott for getting my Jammin pro to handle on the track so thank you.

SManMTB 06-07-2005 01:37 PM

So you think it requires a ROAR membership/license?

dockman2 06-07-2005 10:01 PM

I doubt it but if so count me out. I dont do the ROAR thing. The flyer said nothing about ROAR rules. When I talked to the guy Joe at Scotts a month or so ago they had not run any actual races there and didnt even have a lap counting setup so not really sure how they are doing it.

By the way, Eddie, your welcome. Hey thats what we are all here for to help each other out and have some fun.

dockman2 06-07-2005 10:56 PM

I just sent an Email to Joe to get some info about the race. I didnt realize it earlier but that race is on Fathers day so I dont know if I can make it. I will still try to get and post any info on it.

dockman2 06-08-2005 08:51 AM

I got an email back from Joe. He said they are running local rules and any motor is legal. He is going to send me the rest of the rules before the weekend. He may even come by since he needs to go by Stampy's anyway. I will post as info becomes available.

slicks 06-08-2005 11:41 AM

thanks for following up Kevin. I too looked at the flyer and didn't see anything about ROAR rules. Keep us posted. Did Joe say what day he was going to stop by? I am curious as to the size of thier track incase a clutch bell change is needed.

ZRaceman01 06-08-2005 09:30 PM

I will call my dad and see if he is going to build the stairs to his drivers stand on Saturday. I will know for sure by Thursday nite. So I will talk to you guys later.

What do you mean a ROAR membership?

SManMTB 06-08-2005 09:47 PM

You need a ROAR license to race at ROAR sanctioned races. That's what I meant.

ZRaceman01 06-08-2005 10:10 PM

I did not know that thank you. How do you get one?

Super_Dave 06-08-2005 10:14 PM

Don't expect much from that race its their first one and it seems they just rushed into the idea. For that reason its obvious they wont have anything to do with ROAR and it seems like they don't expect many people to show up at all.

As for that race last sunday I'll have a Mach .26 in the top 3 to make up for my hot starting issue from last weekend. [8D]

dockman2 06-08-2005 10:28 PM

Joel- he didnt say. I really wouldnt worry about the size of a track or clutchbells. We rarely use the top end we have now. Last weekend at Waynes I ran my Jammin RTR using the stock 13tooth bell and I still could not run full throttle on the long back sweeper and thats with a Force .26 motor. Its the power coming out of the turns that you want, not top end.

dockman2 06-08-2005 10:51 PM

Lil'S, that thing shouldnt have been running that hot after a couple of laps. Have you richened it up?

SManMTB 06-08-2005 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ZRaceman01

I did not know that thank you. How do you get one?
[link=http://www.roarracing.com/toplevel/about.htm]ROAR[/link]

slicks 06-09-2005 07:26 AM

hhhhmmm...... maybe I'll switch back to a 14 tooth (currently have a 15) and see how that goes. Not sure if I want to go down to a 13 tooth with this engine as it has a lot of bottom end now. Thanks

Fast Eddie -- keep us posted.

SManMTB 06-09-2005 08:31 AM

You get even more bottom end if you do, not to mention faster acceleration. I don't think I ever maxed out the rpm in mine. These puppies are supposed to put out high rpm, not 4-stroke around ther track at 50%. :D

slicks 06-09-2005 11:18 AM

well - I have nothing broken -- so might as well put the 13 tooth on it too see how it drives. I did have the 14 tooth on it and it had a lot of bottom end. But I'll never know what the 13 tooth will do until I try -- I can always change it back :D

ZRaceman01 06-09-2005 12:46 PM

The race that Lil'S would not start we had already run at least 6 hard laps right next to each other. I was ready to waite for him. What was the hurry any way?

I have not heard from my dad yet. I expect him to call around 6. So I will tell you then.

Super_Dave 06-09-2005 01:57 PM

My motor was running at 240 but when it was "cooling" down it was directly in the sun.... I checked it before I tried to start it and it still said 200. I started it up after the race without a problem and ran great like it did all day at 240-250.

ZRaceman01 06-09-2005 07:55 PM

My dad cannot work on the driver's stand on Saturday because he has to work pouring concrete most of the day, so no racing at Wayne's on Sunday. He told me that if you all wanted to come over on Saturday after 2 pm to call him. I was wondering if we are going to run on Saturday at Scott's? Give me a shout.

[8D]

paperclipracer 06-09-2005 07:57 PM

richmond racer thats me just abour a hour away wht sup