RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Super_Dave 11-20-2005 06:54 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Did you bookmark the page? :) If you did then did you put a noticable name for the page so you don't skip over it when you look for it.

Today was a whole lot of fun. Especially that first heat with Scott and me that was the closest racing I've ever had in anything. He would have beat me if he didn't run out of fuel in the main though. I got tangled up with everything in the start of that A-Main.

I don't know where I'll be Sunday. Scott said hes staying at his house so I'll probly run with him there.

Super_Dave 11-20-2005 07:05 PM

Oh yeah and Mike great pics! Very good shots of the layout and that camera gives a very clear picture.

SManMTB 11-20-2005 07:07 PM

http://corr.atothosting.com
Bookmark this.

Anyone else having trouble loading RCU?

Today was awesome. The Perf. Dev tires (Cheetas ????) worked OK'ish, very loose but controllable.
The Hole Cats on the other hand... very nice. I whish I had those in the race.

HPIKID18 11-20-2005 07:18 PM

Hey guys, some of us down here are going to upgrade radio systems this winter and we are looking to rule out as much freq. problems as we can. Is there any way I could get a list of channels you guys are running up there? Thanks.

Super_Dave 11-20-2005 07:24 PM

I'm on channel 75 but I have sythesized so I can use any channel from 61-90. There is one person (two if you count Kevin) with specktrum. I don't know what channel anyone else is on but Kevin should know them all with the note pad he has to keep track.

Chris I'm not having any problems with the site. I love it we just need to build it up a little more. Can we get a forum on there or a page to post every race result that we have?

SManMTB 11-20-2005 07:39 PM

I meant problems with RCUniverse.com.

Yes, a forum can be set up.
I was thinking about making a section with results on the page itself. Maybe add some links to setup sheets for different buggies.
Anyone have a logo for CORR?

SManMTB 11-20-2005 07:40 PM

I'm usually on Ch 66 but can use any channel between 61 and 90.

WatcherKid 11-20-2005 08:06 PM

Chris.. if you haven't already got a site, I've got a friend who hosts sites..

2GB of Image storage
20GB of Bandwidth
Domain Name
Results Section
Merchandice Section
Forum (I have to make it.. and we can post what we want.. and so on..)
Picture Section

All that for $15 a month, or $150 a year..

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...brane/CORR.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...brane/COOR.jpg

Maybe one of those as a logo? (I didn't know how big you wanted it, so I made something small..)

slicks 11-20-2005 08:12 PM

Christian - thanks for the site -- I will bookmark it this time :D YES -- I have had problems with RCU yesterday and today! Thought it was just our older computer.

I liked the Cheetah's today -- not as much as the Hole-Cats. I put WD40 on my Cheetah's the other night and let it soak in. It did soften them up -- I am going to do it again to see if they soften up a bit more. Amanda switched from mugshots to her crimefighters and told me that she didn't like the crimefighters today and thought they made her slower. I asked her why she didn't switch back - but she didn't say why.

As for a logo -- Wayne is going to work on the shirt design etc... I guess we will see what it is at a later date and then see if we can get it on our website. Wayne did a good job with the signs - so I think that he will do a good job with the shirts too.

Christian -- can you explore our options a bit more with websites? At our next race or when we have a group together - I think that the general consensus today was that we would like to know about our options here and pursue a site at a reasonable cost.

slicks 11-20-2005 08:14 PM

Very Cool Steven!

slicks 11-20-2005 08:31 PM

Hey Todd -- How did the racing go today? I read your posts and it sounded like you guys had fun today. Did your wife race?

I usually use 85 and Amanda uses 79 -- but I have about 4 or 5 other crystals to use as well. The only way I know to completly eliminate the glitches is to go with the spektrum (spelling?) system like Dave said. If you go with the Hitec radio (CRX or SRX?) you can get one with out servo's and it costs about $100 and then add the spektrum fro about $150 that is the least expensive way to go. The Hitec radio is a good one. Kevin (Dockman) can tell you which one he has.

Over the winter when you guys meet maybe you can talk about a 3 way race with C'ville, Powhatan and Amhurst? Each area could host a race. Maybe we could even do a point race per team? Something to make it more fun?

WatcherKid 11-20-2005 09:22 PM

$150 a year for all that isn't really too bad.. Does anyone else think that it's not a bad deal?

(I didn't know that you meant logo for a shirt, Chris... I thought you meant for the site..)

HPIKID18 11-20-2005 09:49 PM

Joel,

Thanks, we had some pretty good racing indeed. The weather turned out better than we had expected. No, sad to say, the wife didn't race, she decided against it, she thought the weather was going to be colder than it turned out being. She hates cold weather. I will have to fight her to get her out there before springtime. I am running a M8 radio, but some of the guys are looking into getting away from their entry level 27 AM units. That is one thing that really slows the races down. If you have 4 or 5 guys(new to the hobby), show up with the same "color" crystals..... You can drive your self crazy trying to swap them all around. One guy blew a connecting rod today when a radio conflict happened.
On a lighter note, how was the racing up your way today?

slicks 11-20-2005 09:52 PM

I think that the guys in Amherst are paying a lot less than $150/yr. My thought was that if we get a nice logo on the shirts we should use them on the site too.

WatcherKid 11-20-2005 10:01 PM

Well.. I know it's expensive.. But that lets us have our own site.. we can make it our own.. we can have forums, like Kevin was saying today.. say what we want, how we want, and not get kicked out.. So on and so forth.. I can talk to him about maybe a cheaper plan.. but he said that was best.. I don't know how much it'd be..

Racing up here was GREAT! The track was PACKED down, and it felt awesome.

Super_Dave 11-20-2005 10:07 PM

Sorry Chris I don't always read all the way through sentences. I hate reading [:@]. I've been having trouble loading the home rcu page.

slicks 11-20-2005 10:20 PM

Steven -- don't worry about it - we are in no hurry and need to discuss further.

slicks 11-20-2005 10:31 PM

Todd -- yeah the crystal thing can be a pain. We pretty much have all settled in on a channel that works for everyone. But a frequence clip board is the best bet to keep things straight - and gettting away from the 27mhz is a real good idea! We do have a couple of guys still using the 27mhz - but most of us are on 75mhz. I know some guys don't want to upgrade to a better radio after buying a RTR - but it really does have to happen and when/if they can't race because they don't have a couple of different crystals - then maybe they will change. My opinion is that it is the responsiblilty of the driver to make sure he can race and that includes crystals. That may be a bit hard - but sometimes you just have to be that way. Shoot you can get a low end Futaba radio 75mhz a.m. for around 70$. That and about 4 crystal sets and you should be all set. Then if you have 4 or 5 guys all get the same radio and they all get different crystal sets - then they can swith/share with each other.

Racing here in C'ville was great today. We didn't have as big of a showing as I suspected we would with the nice weather. But we all had a blast.

SManMTB 11-20-2005 11:50 PM

$15/monyhs is too much. We don't need 2Gb of space and it doesn't say anything about backups, administartions, script support, databases (needed for forums, gallerys), e-mails, subdomains.
In my opinion $24.95/year for the following package is better.

Pricing features Website/Connectivity
• $2.50 monthly flat rate • 300 MB Web space (0.3GB)
• $24.95 Annual rate (requiredl) • Unlimited FTP access
• $0 Setup fee • 5,000 MB/Month Bandwidth (5GB)
• No annual-payment discount • Protected by Virus scanner
• Free domain name not included • Continous backups of your Website
• cPanel control panel
Domain/IP features
• 1 Addon Domain name Email Handling
• 10 Sub domains • 20 accounts (POP3 Boxes)
• 10 Email aliases
Website Features • Auto-responders and forwarding
• FrontPage 2002 Extensions • Acces anywhere webmail
• PHP / CGI / Perl
• Virus Scanner for POP3 Box
• 5 mySQL Databases
• Chat Room / Forum Support
• Web / FTP Stats • Free Email & live help

$5.95/MONTH gives us:

• $5.95 monthly flat rate • 700 MB Web space (0.70GB)
• $0 Setup fee • Unlimited FTP access
• 10,00 MB/Month Bandwidth (10GB)
Domain/IP features • Proteced by Virus scanner
• 3 addon domain names • cPanel domain control panel
• Alternate domains • WHM reseller control panel
• Parked domains
• Unlimited Sub domains Email Handling
• Unlimited accounts (POP3 Boxes)
Website Features • Unlimited Email aliases
• FrontPage 2002 Extensions • Auto-responders and forwarding
• PHP / CGI / Perl
• Access anywhere webmail
• Unlimited mySQL Databases • Virus Scanner for POP3 Box
• Fantastico Autoinstaller
• Web / FTP Stats Support
• Free Email & live help

dockman2 11-21-2005 02:09 AM

OK I have to admit I dont know what half that stuff means but Im going to trust Chris on the whole web site thing and I think its something the club should do. Hell $25 or even $50 bucks I think we can swing. Ill pay for it myself if its a problem.
For the guys in Amherst I can post what channels we are on if you want. Just let me know. Your best bet for the long term is getting a Hitec SRX and a Spektrum system. The radio is only $100 and the spektrum is $150. In the long term its a steal.

WatcherKid 11-21-2005 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

$15/monyhs is too much. We don't need 2Gb of space and it doesn't say anything about backups, administartions, script support, databases (needed for forums, gallerys), e-mails, subdomains.
In my opinion $24.95/year for the following package is better.

• $2.50 monthly flat rate • 300 MB Web space (0.3GB)
• $24.95 Annual rate (requiredl) • Unlimited FTP access
• $0 Setup fee • 5,000 MB/Month Bandwidth (5GB)
• No annual-payment discount • Protected by Virus scanner
• Free domain name not included • Continous backups of your Website
• cPanel control panel
Domain/IP features
• 1 Addon Domain name Email Handling
• 10 Sub domains • 20 accounts (POP3 Boxes)
• 10 Email aliases
Website Features • Auto-responders and forwarding
• FrontPage 2002 Extensions • Acces anywhere webmail
• PHP / CGI / Perl
• Virus Scanner for POP3 Box
• 5 mySQL Databases
• Chat Room / Forum Support
• Web / FTP Stats • Free Email & live help

$5.95/MONTH gives us:

• $5.95 monthly flat rate • 700 MB Web space (0.70GB)
• $0 Setup fee • Unlimited FTP access
• 10,00 MB/Month Bandwidth (10GB)
Domain/IP features • Proteced by Virus scanner
• 3 addon domain names • cPanel domain control panel
• Alternate domains • WHM reseller control panel
• Parked domains
• Unlimited Sub domains Email Handling
• Unlimited accounts (POP3 Boxes)
Website Features • Unlimited Email aliases
• FrontPage 2002 Extensions • Auto-responders and forwarding
• PHP / CGI / Perl
• Access anywhere webmail
• Unlimited mySQL Databases • Virus Scanner for POP3 Box
• Fantastico Autoinstaller
• Web / FTP Stats Support
• Free Email & live help
So you wanted all the technical stuff. Alright. I'll talk to him today and see what all the technical stuff is.

SManMTB 11-21-2005 07:58 AM

Yes I do want the technical stuff because I have to administrate the site.
Post a link to his company so all of us can see.

WatcherKid 11-21-2005 08:14 AM

He's got a company, but it's not really public.. he's giving this to me because I know him.. It's for him and his friends, really..

I'm e-mailing him now, because he's not online at the moment..

slicks 11-21-2005 08:29 AM

Christian -- have you by chance checked out the site that the guys down in Amherst use? The link is on the 2nd or 3rd page of their thread here (RCU) in the Regional Racers --- I think it is Central Virgina RC. Not saying that we have to use the same avenue they use -- but just another option.

I am with Kevin ---- all of the above is greek to me. I too place a vote of confidence with Christian to revue and provide us with options that he is able to maintain/manage. OK everyone speak up now as this is all of our money! I am also in favor of not going the most expesive route -but not going the least expensive route either. I think that we get what we pay for and there is always a middle ground that cost slightly more but the benifits are very good with out paying for top notch stuff that we will never use. At $6 per month ($72 annual) if I read the "greek" correctly we can afford that with the money we will collect on the sale of the "extra" t-shirts alone. So from a financial point of view - we can afford this.

As for $$$ I know that Scott wants to fill in the drainage ditch and has some ideas with Wayne as to how to do this with out costing us a lot of money. As for Wayne's track I personally would like to see more sections of pipe laid down -- but that costs some bucks too. So we need to weigh all our options and "choose wisely" nitro sniffers!!

Big-ED 11-21-2005 08:41 AM

watcherkid,
thanks for the help but if christian is going to admin. the website then I think he should have the final say on who we go with.
Christian,
what is the company you are looking at?

Big-ED 11-21-2005 08:47 AM

I agree with more pipe at wayne's.
I think we should also do some work at waynes track, like some little quad jumps ^ ^ ^ ^ and some whupps ^^^^^^^^^^^.
Just my opinion super daves idea before on a more motocross inspired layout would be fun.

ORIGINAL: slicks

As for $$$ I know that Scott wants to fill in the drainage ditch and has some ideas with Wayne as to how to do this with out costing us a lot of money. As for Wayne's track I personally would like to see more sections of pipe laid down -- but that costs some bucks too. So we need to weigh all our options and "choose wisely" nitro sniffers!!

slicks 11-21-2005 08:55 AM

ED -- I was going thru an old RC mag this a.m. (the stupid newspaper hadn't been delivered) and I saw in one of those "tips" sections where someone had double up their steering crank brace (is that what it is called?) to keep from bending/breaking it. Which I thought was a great idea. I know that on Amanda's electric losi buggy she was breaking so many front shock towers that I doubled it up and we never had that problem again. So you may want to give it a try.

trackman 11-21-2005 09:01 AM

yeah i agree. ill let chris decide who and what. im like joel, i know nothing about it.
chris you got the ball, now run with it !!

SManMTB 11-21-2005 09:05 AM

I am going to try to get a forum going on the site tonight. Stuff that eats bandwidth and space is forum and photo gallery.
We can move some of the discussions over there and see how much bandwidth we use and base the decision on that.

I have my eyes on [link=http://www.telnap.com/]Telnap.com[/link] at the moment. Nothing against Stevens friend but an established host with support is the way to go. I'll keep my eyes open for more deals. Suggestions are of course welcome but post a link to the company.

trackman 11-21-2005 09:16 AM

hey racenut, im planning on being here friday doing some testing. come on by and
bring something to drive.

RACENUT44 11-21-2005 11:25 AM

HEY TRACKMAN
SOUNDS GOOD , BUT GOING TO SEE WHAT THE WEATHERE GOING TO DO
LIKE TO BE COLD, MAY RIDE TO SEE
WE HAD A GOOD RACE DAY AT AMHURST
I WON THE FRIST HEAT RACE
FORTH FOR THE A MAIN, TRACK GOT RUFF ON MY,BUGGY WAS TO STIFF
POWHATAN GANG TOOK FRIST , SCOND AND I WAS FORTH
WE HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THEM, THEY TREATED US GOOD
LATER DENNIS

I WIL SEND SOME PICTURES TONIGHT

trackman 11-21-2005 12:26 PM

wayne just stopped by, hes heading to town to order the shirts.
the design looks pretty cool, a big circle with CORR around it and
a buggy in lt. the track signs are in the bottom. hes gonna check price
about coloring the buggy.everyone should be happy with the design.
i think they will look great!

ps. no black dave:D

slicks 11-21-2005 12:45 PM

Sounds great! Hey good point - we will actually maybe see Dave in something other than black!

slicks 11-21-2005 12:46 PM

OH -- just in case anyone is wondering ------ the oficial weather forecast from General Joel Central is that THIS WEATHER SUCKS!

SManMTB 11-21-2005 12:57 PM

Captain Obvious is reporting the same forecast.

trackman 11-21-2005 01:12 PM

whats wrong with the weather? i think its a beutiful day.

for a duck.

slicks 11-21-2005 01:31 PM

QUACK - QUACK - QUACK!

WatcherKid 11-21-2005 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Big-ED

watcherkid,
thanks for the help but if christian is going to admin. the website then I think he should have the final say on who we go with.
Christian,
what is the company you are looking at?
I know what you're saying.. Just trying to give another option.. If ya'll don't want it, just say no.. I'll be alright. ;)

SManMTB 11-21-2005 02:46 PM

There's no need to decide anything now anyway. 6 months left.

WatcherKid 11-21-2005 03:27 PM

If you need some forums, I can make one..