Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Offical nitro tc3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 01:55 PM
chaseman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

RACING IN GRAND BLANC MI. SATURDAY (PARKING LOT RACING)
1/18 ELECTIC CAR/TRUCK
NITRO TOURING CAR
19 TURN TOURING CAR
TOURING ELEC. CAR
MONSTER TRUCK
3 HEAT RACES PER CLASS
1 MAIN
FUN,FUN,FUN, TOO MUCH FUN.
FEE $10.00 1ST CAR $3.00 EVERY CAR AFTER
STARTS ABOUT 10:00AM TILL 4:30PM
WHERE: HOBBYTOWN GRAND BLANC (GRAND BLANC MALL) OFF SAGINAW.ST

HOBBYTOWN SHOP RIGHT THERE. PLENTY OF PARTS AND RACE GEAR.. ( GOOD PRICES TOO)REALLY COOL PEOPLE. HELPFULLY, FRIENDLY, THEY PROVIDE A COOL PLACE TO RACE WITH TIMING EQUIPMENT AND TRACK SET-UP. THANK YOU DAVID FOR ALL THE COOL STUFF...
Old 07-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Banzai660r

We got down to some serious racing yesterday[8D] Chaseman81....how's that pretty body look now? Gonna post any of those vids...........

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:55 AM
chaseman81

Yeah we did!!! We had some good runs at each other ( A cross over here a cross under there. Good racin!!!! That last race it was kinda hard to hear Sounded like a nuclear warhead![8D]LOL[:-] But that was one fun day!! The video's I watched them last night, Pretty Cool [8D] my cam won't send to the net. But there is some great racing moments. (The good! The Bad and of course The UGLY! lol My Sr. Body is fine. Nowever the Stratus body needs a little attn.[&:] Holy smokes, that NTC3+ is crazy fast without restrictor,( A whole new ball game)!!

Plus! You're only suppose to change one thing at time, put it on Dj's set-up station because I had added the new threaded shocks, proceeded to dial in the ride height, caster, camber, droop, then the tweak station to take out any tweak and later removed the carb restrictor "Wow what a feelin" zoom bam oop's sh*t ! wow {smile] (Luke stop hitting the light speed button!) Try it again. The day was so long and so much testing batt. died in the main and had to DNF with NTC3 [:@][:'(][&o] Trucks finishes 3,3,2,3 touring 2,dnf,3,dnf ! I Sucked racing the seadan. I learned a lot about set-up from DJ. Truck needs little more speed on the long straights

What happend to your muffler? I have been online this morning looking for some go faster tips for the Savage. ( comp. having bigger engines) So I can get down the long straights quicker.

Thinking of going to the 18T bell with the 49T spur. Punch is there. ie:low speed idle, but might need to switch to 2nd gear a hair sooner. Can't race next weekend[:@]. Gotta work the sunglass[8D] thing at a Bike Bash evennt up in Bay City.

Good racin Banzi
Chaseman81
Old 07-23-2006, 12:02 PM
chaseman81

This was in my e-mail box last night, when I got home from racin her. Thought it was pretty cool[8D]

GREAT SHOT! One of your gallery photos was selected for rotation on RCUniverse Home Page!

The caption is: "Savage parking lot racer"

To see it, make sure you are in the "CARS" or "All R/C" Universe (if you are not in that universe, you can select it using the menu atop the login/member box on the upper right of the home page).

If you don't see it at first, just refresh the page because it rotates every 3 minutes with other awesome shots.

Thanks,

RCU "Shot of the Moment" Crew
Old 07-23-2006, 01:58 PM
SoonToHaveNTC3

Hi all, I just ordered the NTC3+ from towerhobbies, but i wanna get the motor saver air filter for it. Which one is gonna work with this car? There are about 10 different ones on tower, like 45 degree, 60 degree, 10mm, 11mm, etc etc.. Thanks
Old 07-23-2006, 02:06 PM
chaseman81

I am just using the stock air filter on mine. just clean and oil and it works fine.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Banzai660r

I've got the 10/11mm t-maxx filter on mine. Works great, fits great and clears the engine great...........It's GREAT!![X(].
ORIGINAL: SoonToHaveNTC3

Hi all, I just ordered the NTC3+ from towerhobbies, but i wanna get the motor saver air filter for it. Which one is gonna work with this car? There are about 10 different ones on tower, like 45 degree, 60 degree, 10mm, 11mm, etc etc.. Thanks
Chaseman............This is my first year with the touring cars...........the big trucks are soooooooo much more forgiving. I got it dialed in by the end of the day yesterday (40sh. front and rear tires) 3 degrees camber in front, 2+(1/4 turn over 2) in the rear, 2 degrees toe in rear, 1 degree toe out in front, 4 on the droop, 5mm front ride height, 6mm rear(puts more weight on the front during accel.) TC3 is way different than the RS43 I was running before.......It BEGS to turn with the throttle on(after initial turn in). I'll play with it a little more............after that it's gonna take practice to catch DJ. I've been staying within 2-3 laps of him(2 in the main yesterday) I don't know who got second..........I was getting second with the HPI.........gotta get used to the AE.
I think I'll set up a dedicated HobbyTown racing thread..........so we can stop going off topic.

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 02:37 PM
chaseman81

Let me know when you start it
Old 07-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Banzai660r

Here's the link to the Hobby Town racing thread..........
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4535315/tm.htm]Hobby town GB, MI racing thread[/link]

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:37 AM
SIRIOTC3

Hey im looking into putting a bad ***** motor in my NTC3 I have a car that was given to me by my uncle. along with about a $G worth of suspention tools and car hight tools, starter box, charger ... the whole shadeal. Im not looking to race legally, but i do wanna hit crazy speeds. I was told either TOP .12, NOVA ROSSI .12, SIRIO EVO 3, but i cant find these engines on ebay one guy wants $289 for a motor that only cost $145(SIRIO .12) but the SIRIO is no longer availiable unless bought on ebay or used. Im only looking into spending 160 or less. My uncle does alot of porting to motors and wants to port mine, but i wanna insane motor, so this way when he ports it will dominate. Can any one tell me where i can buy one of these motors? Or somthing that will be capatable to one of these motors or better for the price? Ill send a bunch of pix when the car is assembled. Its in pieaces in a box in the closet waiting to be let free to dominate the ONROAD world!!!!

Let me know....
Old 07-24-2006, 08:53 AM
ceratog

The OS .12TZ is pretty easy to get your hands on and it has 1.6 horses. Only drawback is the price. For your price range, check out the Fantom FR12 (1.3 HP) or the HPI Nitro Star 12R XS (1.3 HP). They should be pretty good alternatives if you can't find the ones you have listed.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Banzai660r

Go with the STS D5R .12 on Ebay. I have the STS .28 in my Warhead and it rocks!!! D5R goes for around $170 shipped. I emailed one of the sellers(in Texas) that I bought the other one from. Told him I wanted something faster than the AE .15(this was before I ran the car). He recommended the D5R or the "green Head" Factory race engine(not sure of the code). The green head goes for about $220 shipped. He told me both of those engine were built to higher specifications(read: more power per cubic inch) than the .28 that I'd bought[X(]

I'm not sure of flat out top speed but uncorked, the AE .15 hangs with a Sirio EVO III on the straight at our track(both in NTC3s). I don't know what gearing he's running........all I know is when we come onto the straight together we both get to the other end at the same time............

Banzai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: SIRIOTC3

Hey im looking into putting a bad ***** motor in my NTC3 I have a car that was given to me by my uncle. along with about a $G worth of suspention tools and car hight tools, starter box, charger ... the whole shadeal. Im not looking to race legally, but i do wanna hit crazy speeds. I was told either TOP .12, NOVA ROSSI .12, SIRIO EVO 3, but i cant find these engines on ebay one guy wants $289 for a motor that only cost $145(SIRIO .12) but the SIRIO is no longer availiable unless bought on ebay or used. Im only looking into spending 160 or less. My uncle does alot of porting to motors and wants to port mine, but i wanna insane motor, so this way when he ports it will dominate. Can any one tell me where i can buy one of these motors? Or somthing that will be capatable to one of these motors or better for the price? Ill send a bunch of pix when the car is assembled. Its in pieaces in a box in the closet waiting to be let free to dominate the ONROAD world!!!!

Let me know....
Old 07-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

you could get a ,18 cvr and have your uncle port and polish it would be insane
Old 07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
natone

on the single speed nt3 how many teeth does the spur gear have

natone
Old 07-24-2006, 05:04 PM
chaseman81

go here and it will help you with gearing
http://www.easy-rc.com/cgi-bin/gearratios.cgi
If you want crazy speed you need a two speed transmission.
chaseman81
Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 PM
SIRIOTC3

I have a 2 speed ntc3 not sure of the gearing but I have a crap load of diffrent size gears with it so. Its hard finding the black head NOVA. 12 on ebay or TOP. I dont see any thing about TOP on ebay. But im not gonna be runing on track with this car. Im gonna buy a track car in the future. I just wanna have some fun with lots of lighnting speed.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:24 PM
chaseman81

www.teamassociated.com they can answer all your questions on the single speed and what the differant gears are if you have the NTC3 rtr plus
2 speed clutch is a 22 & 26 std.
spur gears are 50 & 54 on the .15 std.

goto www.towerhobbies.com and do an engine search "New stuff & Great pricing.

I don't know what kind of crazy speed you want. But I race on parking lot track and mine is wicked fast. scary fast, hit the boards fast. Better be a good driver or have plenty of room to fly. Take out the restrictor in the carb and then tell me if that is fast enough.b
Old 07-26-2006, 03:07 PM
SIRIOTC3

i took a look at the OS .18 tz with estimated HP 2.25 i think this will do well after modification of the ports.
$179 for the motor not bad for over 2HP. I read the specs and the follow ups on it and it kinda impressed me. well i think i made my mind up about a motor. ..... . Unless you guys think other wize... Thanks
Old 07-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

I have it in my car and it is a monster but i am also filling up my diff cases with oil in order to stop myself from frying diff gears but i have no complaints from the motor and i would highly recommend it to any one one thing tho you have to have some sort of tuning knowlege with this motor because it is a 3 needle carb witch can be a little hard to tune. if tuning isn't your specialty go witht the .18 cvr made by os it is a lso a monster but as much as its bigger brother
Old 08-06-2006, 12:42 AM
fastest_ntc3

Have any of you converted your ntc3 to rear wheel drive only? I was thinking about converting one of my ntc3s into a drag car, most dragsters are rear wheel drive. Do you think it will make a big difference in performance?.... Well I guess the only way to find out is to just convert it, but I don't think it it will make a big difference because I will be mainly driving in a straight line. What do you guys think?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:09 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

I only use my nitro tc3 for draging and i left it at four wheel drive it would be to hard to control if left at rear i did blow my rear diff once and was running only front wheel drive took a while to get up to speed though.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:32 AM
DKTimmy

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but since it is the ntc3 forum and I have searched, I'll post away.

I went and got a BMW M3 hpi body for the ntc3 but am having an issue. The exhaust seems to be right agains the body, not the tip but the body of the exhaust. Is there anyway to prevent this, seeing that I have already reemed the body mount holes. Or will this be a non-issue? I don't want to melt the body.

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2006, 10:37 AM
fastest_ntc3

Loosen the screw at the end of the exhaust pipe and push the pipe closer toward the fuel tank, then tighten the screw back up.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:28 PM
jandb917

you can also use exhaust tape on the inside of the body, this tape you can get autozone or oreileys or any auto parts store.... it looks like alluminium foil with sticky stuff on the back....i just put it on the inside of my body where the body will rub anything and it protects it from rubbing the body and it also helps keep the heat from doing any damage to the body
Old 08-06-2006, 06:48 PM
DKTimmy

Thanks! Is there a limit on how much I can move the exhaust in? How far does it need to be away from the fuel line and the fuel tank?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.