Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Offical nitro tc3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 03:50 PM
iacolb12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

I've got an ofna failsafe and have never had an issue. But if you end up racing some tracks and ROAR require them. But for bashing the benefit is negligible.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:25 AM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

not sure if this was covered but will the rb x15 turbo rody mod. fit into ntc3+ with no problem? i will have to buy a header and exhaust plus fly wheel and engine mount. but will it fit???
Old 07-14-2005, 11:46 AM
iacolb12

Shouldn't an issue, but i'd contact RB Concepts about their measurements and then consult your car's manual or the AE catalouge for the engine mount specs.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Lunny

hey, ive looked around but couldn't find the answer, how fast does the NTC3 go, im thinking of getting one, i just want to know if it's the same, if not faster then the traxxas 4-tec, thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 12:25 PM
crazyronny

Hi, it depend a lot on the motor and the gearing you have in it and the available straight line.

Where I race we hit between 100 and 120 km/h at the end of the sraight line...

CrazyRonny
Old 07-18-2005, 02:31 PM
jscustoms

Hi everyone.

I picked up a NTC3+ about a month or so ago. I've had some pretty bad dissapointments. First, whatever moron designed these things with a battery box that just sits in the radio tray should get shot. I've spent more time trying to reziptie-down the battery box... I finally drilled some holes in the radio tray and ran twist-tie wire in a cross pattern around the box. Ain't goin' anywhere now.

I have a ton of questions, but I'll keep 'em to a few at a time so that hopefully I can get answers to them all. Here goes:

About how long should I be running on a tank of gas at a road course race? I'm BARELY getting 5 minutes now (averaged.)

Do these motors require "rebuilds?" I mean, how often do you have to tear these things apart, and when you do (if you do,) what do you typically replace?

I have only upgraded the springs, and with my (butt kicking) skills at Gran Turismo 4, have gotten the chassis well tuned. I want to replace the tranny gears, and want to upgrade the air filter. Is there anything I can do to improve the side-exit exhaust?

This thing has already eaten up way too much money, so I don't have many "mods" planned for right now. I'm a custom fabricator/technician at an antique/classic restoration shop up near Allentown, PA. I'm savin' my money for the REAL cars, but for now am just having some fun.

Any tips/info is appreciated. I'll have to post pics of my "2 Fast 2 Furious Nissan Skyline GT-R R34" later on. I also designed a "postless" body mount system - no pegs coming up through the body. It's for show only - way too inconvenient for racing, but gives the body a SUPER clean look.

Thanks for reading.

Jeff
www.jeffreystephen.com
Old 07-18-2005, 07:37 PM
monitroplease

I first bought the 4-tec, then the tc3+. The 4-tec has alot more top-end with both stock. A simple mod of taking the carb restrictor out on the tc3+ and it improves greatly from the bottom all the way to the top. Guessing, my TC3+ goes mid 40's,maybe close to 50. You either choose because you want flat out speed or speed and out of the box handling.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:01 AM
monitroplease

Had to go rescue our official thread. For an update, I'm probably going with the JR XS3 fm radio. One of my favorite spots to run is a lot right next to I-75 and I get alot of interference from the cb radio's. I'm also looking for a pipe, I saw that the tower had two kinds of associated pipes. I'll do more researching later, gotta get to work. Keep this thread going guys, anything related to ntc3.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:56 AM
zxknight

I have a quick question? What is the best race legal engines that I can use with my tc3?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:22 AM
SilNiN

Hi everybody,

Last weekend i finally got my first rc car: NTC3 I got the RTR plus version, since i though i better see a car in its entire structure, before i'm going to put one together myself.
So far, i've had a lot of fun with it. It took some time to break in the engine. Tried quite a few different settings. I've decided to keep the restrictor in there a little longer, until i'm fully convident about tuning the car....

However, i do have a problem at this moment: The car won't shift!

I've read the manual about adjusting the black adjustment screws to 4 turns out from tightened position, but i'm getting nothing...
At last i tried all the settings from 1 to 8 turns out, with a half turn interval, but still nothing (although i did think that after 6 turns, the car is already in 2nd gear when stationairy, because the acceleration was slower and the engine made less rpm's judging from what i could hear)

Has anyone also had this problem and what would you suggest to check/change? I never really found some good info on how tight or loose the silver setscrews should be, either.

Besides this problem, running the NTC3+ has been great! Will make a little space for pics and videos on my website soon, i hope (where is the time!)

Cheers,

SilNiN
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 AM
jscustoms

Hi - welcome to the group. I suggest a few things. Set the screws to the factory settings, then try running the car at WOT (wide open throttle) in a very large parking lot (I use a KMart lot) and see if it shifts at all. I found that by backing the screws out 1/4 turn from factory settings, mine shifts almost perfectly. Also, the 2speed doesn't seem to shift very well if the car isn't properly tuned - i.e. running hot enough. Monitor your engine temp carefully and try to get it at an optimal temperature range.

Best of luck.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:02 AM
iacolb12

ORIGINAL: zxknight

I have a quick question? What is the best race legal engines that I can use with my tc3?
Here's three you can't go wrong with (in order of my preference): Sirio .12 EVO 3, Novarossi (TOP) N12, O.S. .12 TR R-Spec. The sirio IMO makes the best balance of torque and a wide powerband. The Nova is crisp and quick, a lot harder to tune. The O.S. is great for a budget and technical tracks. I think it loses out a little on top end but unless you run on a large well-groomed track...

Some guys like the RB Concepts engines as well. But I dont' know much about them.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:19 AM
SilNiN

ORIGINAL: jscustoms

Also, the 2speed doesn't seem to shift very well if the car isn't properly tuned - i.e. running hot enough. Monitor your engine temp carefully and try to get it at an optimal temperature range.
Thnx 4 the tip....i'll try tuning the engine better, see if it shifts then...Otherwise the LHS guy told me to bring it back, he'd show me how to do it
Old 07-29-2005, 06:19 AM
jandb917

also you have to make sure the enigine is good and broke in otherwise it may not produce the power needed to shift it i agreee with jscustoms i tuned my 2 speed like 1/4 to a 1/2 turn out and mine perfect i havent had to touch it yet. But if youare in secound to start then back it back to the original and start over with smaller adjustment also make sure you adjust both screws the same amount
Old 07-29-2005, 10:29 AM
firstadam2k

i just got an ntc3 rtr v 1 and i love it my side steet sux tho i have broken the engine in and having a blast with it.
i plan on getting some better tires tho any ideas on geting better ride hight would be nice i am tired of it bottoming out
thanx and lets keep this thred alive
Old 07-29-2005, 06:53 PM
monitroplease

Good to hear you like the tc3, if your running it on the street , try some HPI belted x-patterns. They grip and last along time.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:24 PM
firstadam2k

thank you for the advice i think i may just get some next chance i get some coin and what springs would u sugest or if u have a setup sheet for runing on a street that would be cool i need to raise the ride hight or its gonna keep scraping
Old 07-29-2005, 09:15 PM
crazyboutrc1227
My Feedback: (5)

The RB Concepts Rody modified .12 engines are the best legal racing engines out there. I have got one for sale in the market if your interested.

i plan on getting some better tires tho any ideas on geting better ride hight would be nice i am tired of it bottoming out
thanx and lets keep this thred alive
try some foam tires and adjust your shocks to get more ground clearance.

hey, ive looked around but couldn't find the answer, how fast does the NTC3 go, im thinking of getting one, i just want to know if it's the same, if not faster then the traxxas 4-tec, thanks
The stock NTC3 tops out in the mid 30s.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:03 AM
kjny#1

hey everybody got my tc3 2 weeks ago it came with a shot glow plug took three days for me to notice there was a hobby store only 3/4 mile from me got it running then the stupid battery fell out and the car hit a curb bent the exhast pipe and slightly broke wheel still drove then finally tuned it in a big park was showin of to my neighbor on a small brooklyn block and smashed it into my fathers ford expeditions tire broke the front shock tower and just fixed it the hobby store stocks tc3+ parts and now im up and running fine with a slightly broken rim and dented exhast pipe
Old 07-30-2005, 09:00 AM
iacolb12

ORIGINAL: crazyboutrc1227
The stock NTC3 tops out in the mid 30s.
Maybe if the two speed isn't working. My best is 48mph (on a police radar gun) with my RTR Plus. You could probably expect 45mph consistently. The only mods I had at the time was a Motorsaver filter, yokomo touring tires and a failsafe. A local pro I know hits 50+ at our local permanent facility with his modded Team kit.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:29 AM
crazyboutrc1227
My Feedback: (5)

I was talking about the old version. I don't know much about the new one.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:10 PM
monitroplease

Firstadam2k,
Can't help you on springs much, that's my next project. I'm going to learn about spring set-ups and possible sway bars. My car bounces and scraps also, but overall does ok as is.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:32 PM
firstadam2k

well i just want to have fun with it and not worry bout getting a new chasis ya know what i mean i did not get it to shelve i got it to have fun with
Old 07-30-2005, 09:50 PM
monitroplease

The tc3 definetly is a fun machine. My friend has a 4-tec which he has modded to handle fairly well and we ran together on a smooth,high traction new parking lot today. Both vehicles are closely matched and we had a blast passing each other and racing. The bottom,back of my chassis is scraped like a big dog.
So, I'm thinking of getting the tuning guide to learn about the shocks and spring set-up.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:15 AM
jandb917

YOU WILL LIKE THE NTC3 TUNING GUIDE (IT IS DOWNLOADABLE) I GOT IT AND IT TOOK ME THREE READS TO GET A HANDLE ON EVERYTHING IN IT, ITS AWESOME GO FOR IT AND ONLY FOR 6 BUCKS CANT BEAT IT PLUS YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT YOU GET IT RIGHT THEN TOOO LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.