Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Jason.H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Yeah I am most likely going to buy the rtr now and just buy the engine to put in it but one other question about the rtr how good is the radio any problems with it?? thanks should I get a fail safe for it? thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 09:32 PM
rchabits

dont waste youre time on the dm1,it does not match up to the inferno gt,plus is too heavy and its a jammin car,enough said,if you want a car that is worth buying get the inferno gt,jammin is a piece of dirt and i own a dm1.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Jason.H

Ok well thanks for your opinion I have looked at both hard enough to know what one I want. I like the bigger cars And I like the layout of the dm-1 I am simply asking questions about the car that I am buying.. And I am sure I will be happy with my choice.. We will see about the IGT later on for now I am going with the dm-1 because that is what I want not what you want me to get.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Jason.H

buy the way I don't race anyhow it is a hobby for me and my 6 year old son.. so if its not the fastest thing out there who cares
Old 04-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Brent Davis

wow, too heavy. yeah like I weighed the two that I own and hmmmmm, the IGT was a few ounces heavier for some reason both without the bodies on them.

Jason, you make your own mind up. If you do a search for this habit guy, you will not see much positive feedback at all other than stupid chit talking and nothing to back anything up. LOL. Like I have already said before, I owned a IGT as well and indeed it was a good car but with a buggy chassis, I opted for a new car.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Brent Davis

When I bought my RTR car, it took me about 4-5 hours to prep the car to run. You have to do some assembly and totaly prep the body by cutting the holes out and all that. I never used the stock TX or RX from the start. I installed a Spektrum RX since I have the DX-3 radio and an extra RX.

Look here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_72..._3/key_/tm.htm
Old 04-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Jason.H

Right I have already made up my mind and I am sticking to it, Like I told him it is a hobby for me and my 6 year old to enjoy some time together and so what if the car is not stupid fast he will enjoy the time he spends with me and these cars..
Old 04-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Jason.H

those cars are sweet looking thanks for the input once again.. I will post some pictures once I get mine and get the new engine in it.. I cant wait..
Old 04-20-2008, 09:59 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rchabits

dont waste youre time on the dm1,it does not match up to the inferno gt,plus is too heavy and its a jammin car,enough said,if you want a car that is worth buying get the inferno gt,jammin is a piece of dirt and i own a dm1.

are u slow?? i do hope u relize Kyosho,Ofna, and Jammin are all made by the same company called Hobao................

please get your facts str8 before make ur pointless comments, worry about ur own car no one asked for your input on the DM-1

Old 04-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: rchabits

are u slow?? i do hope u relize Kyosho,Ofna, and Jammin are all made by the same company called Hobao................

please get your facts str8 before make ur pointless comments, worry about ur own car no one asked for your input on the DM-1

LOL. THANK YOU. This guy is a joke. NEVER has anything of proof other than a few faded pics here and there and all jibber jabber. Get the muk outta here with that crap.

Jason towerhobbies lowered the savings from $50 to $30 so the car would be $419 now.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?FVSEARCH=dm-1

http://towerhobbies.com/

Good luck Jason and read that last link I posted, it has a few pros and cons from my first few hours of experience with the car. Like you said, it is all fun plus a large car like this is real easy to drive compared to a 1/10th scale. The IGT is easy to drive too and is a good car AGAIN.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Brent Davis

Just found the specs and my posted FACTS are

IGT weighs in at 7.27 lbs.

DM-1 weighs in at 6.4 lbs.

I guess the DM-1 is still heavier according to habit.......LMAO!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Jason.H

good stuff guys I was just at www.towerhobbies.com and seen the $30.00 savings on orders over 225.00 Hopefully I can get my order in in the morning.. I am just waiting on my loan check to come in then I'm golden. I cannot wait to get this car..
Old 04-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Jason.H

Well for tonight Im outta here its 11:30 and I have to work so I will talk to you guys more tomarrow and let you know how it goes form there.. later
Old 04-20-2008, 10:31 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

Just found the specs and my posted FACTS are

IGT weighs in at 7.27 lbs.

DM-1 weighs in at 6.4 lbs.

I guess the DM-1 is still heavier according to habit.......LMAO!

Ok ill have to admit, how the hell can the DM-1 be lighter??? i would have thought theyd be about the same with the DM-1 bein a little heavier..........but not to the extreme's like RChabits posted

i guess the huge holes on the underchassis of the DM-1 are really helping out, let me find a dremel ima start cutting inferno gt chassis LOL j/k
Old 04-20-2008, 10:35 PM
rcnitrohead

Hmm, I always thought the same Miami! It just clears up my decision to get a DM-1 even more though, this car is sweet![8D]
Old 04-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Brent Davis

Well if you look up both cars specs, the DM-1 comes in lighter which I too was like you guys thinking it was heavier than the IGT. I mean it isn't a ton lighter but is lighter. Rightfully so should it be lighter since Ofna has had time to build a car to out-do the IGT sorta speak. The IGT is still a good car to build and will always be as it doesn't take much to get one up to par anyways.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:04 AM
mbaulfinger

Hello Brent and All,

Was surprised to hear that you all are recommending the DM-1 RTR over the Pro. Can anyone elaborate on this recommendation? I would think the pro would have a better parts spec on the chassis. The milled out plate on the Pro that I've seen looks very well made and rigid. I wouldn't think flex would be a problem.

Mark
Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Brent Davis

well I have seen and held the pro version in my hand and YES that chassis flexes more than the RTR chassis. For $500 you get the cut up chassis, single disc brake pad, no servos, no radio/reciever and no motor. You do get cooling fins to help cool the shocks(for what?) and some carbon fiber pieces for the radio tray and front shock tower area. Read that link that is above and you'll see a guy in there that told me if I got the Pro version, to get the dual brakes from a RTR because the single disc from the Pro was no good.

For $449, you get a complete car with motor, servos, radio and all except for the lighter chassis that does flex more and some carbon fiber pieces. I chose the RTR although I am sure the Pro is a good car as well but from a $$$ standpoint, it made more sense to me to just buy the RTR and at least run the car as it is with less work to get going. Just my .02
Old 04-21-2008, 10:39 PM
rchabits

the dm1 is no good im afraid,i own one and have put it against a stock igt,unfortunately its turning radius is alot more and it is still heavier than the igt by 2 pounds,if thats not alot in the rc world then i guess you guys must be a bunch of more......oonnnss!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Jason.H

Rchabits I don't think anyone in here asked for your opinion And If I have read my facts right the DM-1 is lighter than the IGT even in rtr form with the thicker chassis.. I was going to buy a IGT I just don't like the idea of having all that ground clearance and the fact that the IGT is a 1\8 scale and the DM-1 is a 1\7 and is still lighter and the layout is way to trick to compare to the IGT so stick that in your pipe and smoke it take all that BS and go tell it to the rest of your IGT fan boys.. later looser
Old 04-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Brent Davis

I didn't come up with these weight numbers on my own. It is clearly in the spec sheets of both cars and for my own sake, I weighed both for myself and much to my surprise the DM-1 came in lighter but you habit say 2 lbs. more heavier.......I don't know about that man but whatever, I'll keep being a more............ooooonnnn.

Jason post up once you get yours.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:16 PM
ferrarimk13

haha, how can you believe a guy who said his IGT that doesnt run is 2 lbs. not even my 1/12th electric racer is that light.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

haha, how can you believe a guy who said his IGT that doesnt run is 2 lbs. not even my 1/12th electric racer is that light.

habit NEVER has had a positive reply that I know of. Always talking about what he's got and how fast it is and who he can beat but NEVER EVER ANY proof with a video or something. Like I said, I didn't make up the weights, it's in the manufacturers spec sheet for ALL to see. Habit says he has a DM-1, post a pic of it next to Serpent Killer.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:02 PM
RCOldGuy

Hello all, my RTR DM-1 weights 4180 grams or 9.33 lbs. The Pro weights less because it has no radio, engine or electric. Joe
Old 04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: RCOldGuy

Hello all, my RTR DM-1 weights 4180 grams or 9.33 lbs. The Pro weights less because it has no radio, engine or electric. Joe

There you have it. I wonder why mine doesn't weigh in at that[X(]. I musta got a lemon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.