Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:51 PM
DMOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Half way through the break in period ive noticed the car shaking violently and the stinger has some residue from the gas, am i running too rich?? I plan on breaking down the engine and cleaning the motor all over again. im on my third tank with this motor. is this a good idea or should i just tweak it and continue with the break in first??
Old 07-24-2008, 03:34 AM
PAPE

the oil is during brake in is totaly normal, so there is no reson to open tha engine. You do need to find out why the car shakes like you say it does.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:06 PM
DMOne

a couple of motor mount bolts were loose i tightened those, but where having really bad storms(tornado watches) and that type of good stuff that keeps you from going outside, later i will venture to the screenhouse and start it up. Has anyone changed the motor mounts to the single version from the buggy??
Old 07-24-2008, 02:18 PM
DMOne

Hey PAPE how many hours do you have on your DM-One and how does your set-up feel im sure you get to run it at a track or do you just run parking lots, the reason for the question is i wont be able to run at a track unless there is an event up in CT, running 1/8 scale cars and bigger, and i have a set-up board and am dying to try and dial it up to run large parking lots any suggestions. another thing ive never really tried tunning my pistol grip, i started with a JR Racing xs3 to a Spektrum dsm dx2 and i would like to tune that as well.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:58 PM
PAPE

ORIGINAL: DMOne

Hey PAPE how many hours do you have on your DM-One and how does your set-up feel im sure you get to run it at a track or do you just run parking lots, the reason for the question is i wont be able to run at a track unless there is an event up in CT, running 1/8 scale cars and bigger, and i have a set-up board and am dying to try and dial it up to run large parking lots any suggestions. another thing ive never really tried tunning my pistol grip, i started with a JR Racing xs3 to a Spektrum dsm dx2 and i would like to tune that as well.

Well I dont have much time on the DM-1, because I made it my next project to be a twin DM-1.

I already broke in both engines in the DM-1 chassis .28 LRP spec3. I also bought some carbonfiber, pushrods, goodies and some othere things to compleate the conversion.

What I can tell you though is that as far as grip I wasent to happy with the stock setup. For me the stock set up was a bit stiff and really provided no usefull suspension.

I wanted my DM-1 to handle more like my ofna Ultra GTP (I do have many hours on that chassis) so I moved the shock positions and pushrods to have a softer suspension with a higher ride hight and a little less sway bar too. Now the car rools into the turns and I can slap it around a lot better. I dint do much tuning after that bacause I am going to put 2 engines in the car. but latter whaen the car is built I will set up the sespension furter.

ohh and I really dont run in tracks. just parking lots and straights.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:00 PM
DMOne

is there a thread for that conversion? ive never seen that before only in the monster trucks that are electric
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
DMOne

definatly not ready for that conversion. but i might be ready to start saving for my next motor right now i have the macstar.28 i have about 125.00 right now to spend but mabey i will hold out untill i reach 150.00 anything out there for that amount? or should i go to the bidding wars place and try my luck there i think i will check in one of these rc stores here.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:20 AM
PAPE

This is just a custom project for me, but there is one person here on RCU with a twin powered DM1, he actualy made a new chassis and fits the smaller GTP Inferno GT bodies on it and is powered by 2 .28 axial engines. I forgot his name though
Old 07-25-2008, 01:37 PM
DMOne

News flash the weather has finally broke and there is sunny skies,the break in period has begun again, PAPE do you or any other person rollin with the DM-One have lights, Im in the middle of making some light boxes so i can outfit the car with some brites ya know its about to get cold around here so im going to have to get all the driving time in as possible.

any sugestions out there on motors(fastest, easy tunnig,) hows that navorossi ? expensive but is it any good i think i read a post somewhere that its a hard tuner. Im thinking about getting that O.S. V Spec another pricy item but havent seen any bad reviews yet
Old 07-26-2008, 03:33 AM
PAPE

Motors I could go on and on about motors. This is what I can tell you.

You cant go wrong with OS they are easy to tune and stay in tune, and have desent power. novarossi is also good I have own a couple but dont plan on buying any more.

I currently broke in two LRP .28z spec3, Both ran awesome and were verry tunable they are ~$175 and have a lot of power. picco is another very good engine.

but I think if you buy the OS V-spec you will also be verry happy
Old 07-28-2008, 02:26 PM
rcfoolz
My Feedback: (1)

I just picked up a Plus 28 3PS for the new DM1 Spec as soon as it is available. The price was very reasonable at $220 I felt. Anybody ran this engine before?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:44 PM
tbo713

check out the new dm1s the wheel base is shorter so people can run it against igt for those strict rules
Old 08-12-2008, 02:34 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am wanting a DM-1 to use with one of my modified JPX 28's....... Is the DM-1 the best choice for this ? how is everyone liking the DM-1 and what else competes with it ? this would be my first onroad machine, i like the bigger size of the DM-1 because in my city the parking lots are fairly cracked up due to our extreme weather conditions....... Anyways any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated

my plan is for a crazy modded JPX 28 with a MSR 1005 pipe....What bumpstart is everyone using ont he DM-1 ? and what tuned pipes is everyone using ?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Brent Davis

supertib, what's up man. I still have my DM-1 sitting............without an engine of course but I will say that this car is absolutely a great car to start with and use. You version of the JPX or P3 would carry this car at ease. Even the stock Ofna .28 motor surprised the crap out of me on how well it ran and that was without any porting done to it. I got my DM-1 up to 68 MPH with the stock gearing and motor. I took that engine off and put it on my REVO and just haven't bought another engine for the DM-1 yet because of other car projects. I just bought a Walbern Pro-Mod chassis that is 2.5 lbs. with a .21 motor on it with pipe and all so with a .28 JPX or P3, that chassis is going to run HARD for me.

You'll love the DM-1. It has a very beefy transmission that is virtually unbreakable, awesome suspension and handles very well.

BTW, I use my same bumpbox from my 1/10th scale cars to bump the DM-1 with.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:44 PM
crazysavage

Let's get this thread up and running again. I just ran my DM1 spec with a sportwerks .26 modded with stock gearing and I must say that the(slightly modded) stock force .28 in my GTP2 is faster on the top end. I think I will try the smaller carb insert, 9mm seems to be trying to pull too much fuel on the top causing me to run the engine too rich to make high speed runs and still get a good smoke trail. I got the spec almost ready to run since I have engines and servos. This car has great gears and great handling and the PF-8 body has very balanced down force. Fantastic machine!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:38 PM
osnitro

Good idea; I bought the DM-1 late in the 2008 season, after break-in and tweaking the car is solid and a true performer. I am tempted to do some off season testing since the temps are mild here in the NE. Anyone have a set-up sheet for this car?

B[8D]
Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: osnitro

Good idea; I bought the DM-1 late in the 2008 season, after break-in and tweaking the car is solid and a true performer. I am tempted to do some off season testing since the temps are mild here in the NE. Anyone have a set-up sheet for this car?

B[8D]
I have not seen a set up sheet yet but I bet we can get one posted through Ofna.com or rctech.net. I did see a partial set up for a recent big event win by a team driver and they ran 120,000 in the front diff, 1000 in the rear...Red front springs with 2000 wt diff oil not shock oil and white rear springs with 1000 diff oil. I'm running 80,000 in the front 2000 in the rear and 100wt losi oil front and rear with stock red spring all the way around and it will turn and burn on cool asphalt with stock tires. The cooler it gets the lighter the fluids should be.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:44 PM
BudBud

I have been kicking this one around for a while, is the DM-1 up to big block strain? Have you guys had any parts breaking regularly? The cars look super and the videos popping up are pretty impressive. Thanks, Bud
Old 11-13-2008, 05:39 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: BudBud

I have been kicking this one around for a while, is the DM-1 up to big block strain? Have you guys had any parts breaking regularly? The cars look super and the videos popping up are pretty impressive. Thanks, Bud
What do you mean by big block. I run a modded LRP .28, I've seen 2 with modded OS .28's and Nova 528's and the Force .28 it comes with is no slouch either if you run a JP 4 or 086 pipe
Old 11-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Over_revO

My friend have one with OS28 i modified for him, it hold up pretty well, except the front clutchbell bearing, blowing every few tanks...
Especially when doing some drift..

Very good car, and good for testing engines.

Heres a video where you can see my freind's DM-1 on stock gearing, with a comparison of the stock OS.28XZ speed vs ABmods Picco .21 P9R vs OS28XZ i modified (still in progress..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3CRU5yuiX8

Give an idea how great the car is.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:53 AM
tbo713

in order to stop those bearings from blowing you have to add 1 or two more bearings and also buy a ofna shimm kit also check out the video of my dm-1 on youtube keyword I95 showdown gt cars and race is at 301 raceway my car is the one with orange rims
Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 AM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: crazysavage

ORIGINAL: BudBud

What do you mean by big block. I run a modded LRP .28, I've seen 2 with modded OS .28's and Nova 528's and the Force .28 it comes with is no slouch either if you run a JP 4 or 086 pipe
I have some pretty stout Picco 28 engines and was curious if the car was up to the strain. If it is hanging in there with a Nova 528 and a modded OS 28s, then it should be fine with the modded Picco as well. Thanks, Bud
Old 11-14-2008, 08:37 AM
muddyh20ers

I'm back ! here is my dm-1 i started this 1 a year ago ran it 1 time when it was raining sweet.
now totaly re-done with the carbon fiber chassis, (B T W wheres is pape)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28647.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1071867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74433.jpg
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1071868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96992.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1071869   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs51933.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1071870  
Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: muddyh20ers

I'm back ! here is my dm-1 i started this 1 a year ago ran it 1 time when it was raining sweet.
now totaly re-done with the carbon fiber chassis, (B T W wheres is pape)
That's crazy, I used to have a twin titan with fantom 27's on board, I cant imagine what them poor tires are living through when you pull the trigger. What kind of tire and wheel are you running, they look like cut down max size wheels with PMT's
Old 11-14-2008, 07:41 PM
muddyh20ers

They r savage rims 14mm hex with anacondas tires,they really
hook up well it seems the more u run them the better they get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.