RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   kyosho inferno gt ready sey (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/4227935-kyosho-inferno-gt-ready-sey.html)

meda2ni 05-09-2006 09:24 PM

RE: kyosho inferno gt ready sey

Not sure.Just ordered through the website and had the standard ground shipping....and they charged my debit card that amount 395 bucks....[X(][8D]

wallboy 05-09-2006 09:44 PM

WORD!

fritzzzz 05-15-2006 06:25 AM

Inferno GT Board

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A board has been set up dedicated to the Inferno GT. The board is better organised than this thread as we can now have multiple threads relating to all the topics we have mixed in here.

Anyone interested in joining can scoot along to:

http://infernogt.proboards102.com/

Conversely - if you don't want to use that board then that is fine as well I just find it easier to keep our conversations categorised.

Regards

Philster 05-24-2006 11:49 AM

slw4red's stock Inferno GT with Proline tires doing wheelies:

http://media.putfile.com/Kyosho-Inferno-GT-Wheelie

spaceboy427 05-24-2006 06:59 PM

which prolines are these? bug that wheelies.....woot:D mine comes tomorrow[>:]

Philster 05-25-2006 12:17 PM

Knuckles, I think. See the board dedicated to the Inferno GT (link posted earlier on this page)

SManMTB 05-25-2006 01:06 PM

Hmmm... Maybe I should convert my old Kanai III to a rally car. Looks cool.

Steve108 06-04-2006 06:20 PM

Hi. This will be my first RC car with a 2-speed. Could someone explain to me how this type of transmission shifts.? What engages each gear and how does it decide when to shift up or down?

Thanks,
Steve

Philster 06-05-2006 09:21 AM

Centrifigul force makes the gear engage.

On the clutch bell, two pinions spin all the time against two spurs gears of the tranny all the time. Ideally, at about 80% redline, the force/inertia of the tranny spinning forces the second gear to engage (a clutch inside the transmission is bound by springs and the spinning eventually overcomes the spring power and the clutch engages the smaller spur. Now the smaller spur is engaged and the bigger one isn't. You now have a bigger pinion driving a smaller spur for 2nd gear which = more top speed).

Adjustments can be made in 5 mins using 1/4 turns. You tighten down a set screw to delay shifts or you loosen it to make the tranny shift easier. Good detail is provided in the manual.

paul29 07-03-2006 11:17 PM

As good as the GT is, I think it would have been even better if Kyosho would have used the longer truggy chassis, it would have made the boddies look more to scale and hanling would even be better.

Miami Jato 07-05-2006 11:14 AM

Seems to me that the serpent in the beginning of the video smoked everyone, just my opinion...........

Philster 07-05-2006 01:27 PM

My Inferno would smoke the Serpent on gravel and dirt, and probably most streets and parking lots.

Comparing a Serpent to an Inferno GT makes no sense. One is for groomed race tracks, the other is for streets, rough surfaces, gravel and such.

Miami Jato 07-05-2006 09:50 PM

I'm just saying, in the beginning of the video, the serpent was hauling a**. the inferno was rather slow. then again, I think you said it was out of the box. I personally like the serpent, even in parking lots. I've seen them run in lots and there quick off the line and top speed. with no modifications at all............

BILL9 07-06-2006 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Miami Jato

I'm just saying, in the beginning of the video, the serpent was hauling a**. the inferno was rather slow. then again, I think you said it was out of the box. I personally like the serpent, even in parking lots. I've seen them run in lots and there quick off the line and top speed. with no modifications at all............

And the quick off the line and good top end, with no modifications..... the price is how much?? Just briefly looking around the cheapest serpent kit w/o motor I found was over 6oo.oo

Miami Jato 07-06-2006 08:42 AM

thats just about right, 600, no motor, or pipe, alot of cash.........

Philster 07-06-2006 10:02 AM

Serpent vs. Kyosho Evolva is the proper comparison.

The Inferno GT's closest competitors in the market are the Ofna Ultra GTP and the Thunder Tiger EB-something. The Ofna Ultra was nice at one time, but is very dated now and the chassis has no rep, and the TT EB-something is a child compared to the Inferno chassis.

cheeseclip 07-10-2006 03:55 PM

is this car anything like the pureten alpha 3 gt version that i am going to get?

scottywilkes 07-14-2006 11:53 PM

no it is not the same as the alpha the alpha is 1/10 and this is 1/8 it is a huge difference. the alpha has a 15 where the GT has a 28 and the alpha is only 1 speed whereas the GT is 2 speed.

Philster 07-16-2006 08:51 AM

The Inferno GT actually looks more 1/6 or 1/7 scale, has good ground clearance and is based on th 7.5 buggy, making it way different than touring cars.

stu92 12-11-2006 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hey i also have the inferno gt i burned the tires secound day i got it lol i bought nice rims what a good tun for it.

q8murder 12-13-2006 04:59 AM

any one has a diffrent engine on there inferno gt? my engine has a little life left to it so i was wondering what is a good faster engine (i went throught 5 sets of tires)

Belgium1973 12-13-2006 07:35 AM

Hi,

I think you have a great choice that will fit the GT.
From .21 to.32
I would go for a OS VSpec with the same gearing.
Or the LRP Z28spec 3 with a taller gearing, that should really rock

Just my 2cents

ORIGINAL: q8murder

any one has a diffrent engine on there inferno gt? my engine has a little life left to it so i was wondering what is a good faster engine (i went throught 5 sets of tires)

BILL9 12-13-2006 06:25 PM

Several people at this site are useing different engines...check it out
http://infernogt.proboards102.com/in...?board=general

q8murder 12-16-2006 04:42 AM

thanks for the suggestions and i have one more question the crank of the gxr .28 has a diffrent length than .21 engines how will it fit? and what is the best engine to put (the fastest )

Philster 12-16-2006 09:47 AM

Go to the Proboard link posted above your post and see reference material. I run a Picco P3-.28 and my threrad is in reference material that tells you the steps to take to swap in any .21 to .32 sized motor.

Also see my 'shopping list for new engine' thread in engine section of the Inferno GT pro board link above.

bichipopetts 12-19-2006 06:19 AM

any info on what would be a good set of top end gears,i got about 62mph on this car with an axial .32 and a vantage pipe.i just put a os vspec ,and whoa its like nite and day,just cant find the cop that clocked it the first time,i would like to put some better top end gears.got the stock ones for now.any help would be greatly appreciated

slideyourride90 12-19-2006 02:31 PM

I WANT ThAT CAR LOL

tai626 12-20-2006 02:33 PM

Hi All:
I have just bought one of this Inferno ( actually 2, one for my buddy). Can't wait to Start the engine.Thank you all for the information.
Cheers
Tai

stu92 12-24-2006 06:57 PM

very cool car

pistolpete1178 01-28-2007 09:12 AM

just like to say that you guys rock! I have plans of this being my next buy, I currently have an older inferno 7.5 k2 so i think that i'll be able to pull some of my upgrades off of it. Q: k factory has quite a few parts for the 7.5 and 777, they have a servo reconfiguring set-up that allows you to use the steering servo as a laydown. I was wondering if this and so many other parts of k factorys would be helpful to perfomance? please check it out, www.kfactoryracing.com

RcPsycho 01-28-2007 12:26 PM

I OWN ONE TO! IT'S SICK AND FAST! :)

nitrodoper 02-10-2007 11:23 PM

Is there a convertion kit for a buggy to GT? I have a Inferno 7.5 buggy....it has pretty much the same chassis as the GT. I want to convert it to GT.

rcmaster-RCU 03-02-2007 10:57 AM

Can the bodies for the gt fit on an inferno buggy chassis. The bodies seem tall enough to clear the shock towers, but was curious if someone actually tried it before I spent the money on one.

Thanks,
Alex.

hardcharger81 03-03-2007 10:10 PM

Yes, I too was wondering the parts interchangablity. I currently own an Inferno ST-US truggy, and the GT look very simaler in its basic makeup. I realize it wouldn't be race legal but will the 2 speed from a GT fit my ST? I was also wondering if the chassis was the same length/shape. I have alot of parts stacking up from upgrades and I was thinking of piecing one together from leftovers/ebay parts.

GYNAIKAS 03-06-2007 07:44 AM

A reliable, fast and extremely durable car. Japaneese 1/8 madness :D

joizeex 03-15-2007 03:06 PM

Got my GT monday and started breaking it in. At the end of the second tank i managed to drop my guard and smacked it into a curb while it was coasting. Was only going about 7mph, but upon impact the rear actually lifted off ground, front left rim got some minor cracks and lugnut on that wheel loosened. (i was tired and wasn't paying attention to the car [:o] ) I didn't know about the lugnut and kept going, so 10 seconds later my car was in tripod mode and i had to run around a poorly lit parking lot looking for the wheel and the lugnut lol. found both. No other damage to the front found as the bumper absorbed half the impact. Very beefy chassis. The main plate is 4mm thick i believe.

In the middle of tank 2, the engine became pretty easy to start compared to tank 1. I'm using the "drive around with small throttle inputs, gradually increasing throttle application and duration" method. Plus shutting it down every 5 mins for heat cycling.

This is my 3rd Kyosho, i have FW05T and TR15 Stadium Force. My FW chassis plate is completely beat up from crappy parking lots and pebbles, so the GT will be perfect for driving on those surfaces. This thing is ginormous! Cant wait till it's broken in.

Philster 03-16-2007 11:06 AM

Hey, I'm down in Williamstown, NJ, about 20-25 mins from you.

Where do you get local Kysoho support? I head down to Vineland to Zack's Hobbies, but would really like to know if you have any local hobby shop that is into Kyosho stuff.

Please let me know.

~Phil

superslow 03-19-2007 08:29 PM

hey guys if you are going to race your cars IGT this track near middletown NY will be have racing on sundays bone stock class only different tires and servo/radio are allowed. check it out. and where do you buy bodies for these things.

http://www.prospeedrcraceway.com/

joizeex 03-20-2007 01:28 AM

hey guys. There are no shops in my immediate area that stock kyosho parts. Although, i go to D&K Hobbies on rt70 in cherry hill for tires, fuel, plastic models and paint. I get my parts/cars from up in north NJ where i used to live. Champion Hobbies in Hillside and L&K Signs (or something) in Kearny. They usually have the basic replacement parts and if they don't, they order it for me and i get it next time i go up there to visit parents/friends and run the RCs.
I was at D&K Hobbies today to get more fuel and asked about the track in Williamstown (what a coincidence!) which is linked from www.sixfoottiger.com They told me that the track is now closed? Philster, since you live there, can you check it out? They also said that now ppl run in the parking lot near the dollar store.
I wanted to check out Vineland store before, but it's kinda far and it's just easier for me to visit NoNJ stores when i'm up there. My friend is coming down next weekend with his traxxas stuff and we were gonna look for good places to run (on/off road). Anyone wants to join?

OT: does anyone know of any "big" dirt roads in the pine barrens where i can run my real life toy? Looking for wide, twisty, flat dirt roads where i can let the backend loose. :D

Philster 03-20-2007 11:22 AM

Hmmm....the Williamstown track was open last month, but they might have let it go. It has alot of wooden dividers and it might have just been forgotton. I see the SJCCR crew that took care of it wanted to get to someplace less remote. The Williamstown track was set way back from the road, and the local guys love more public access.

The Williamstown track is too tight for the GT.

Dollar Store parking lot? I have to look into that.

Thanks for the info, joiseex.