RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   kyosho inferno gt ready sey (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/4227935-kyosho-inferno-gt-ready-sey.html)

joizeex 03-20-2007 01:50 PM

RE: kyosho inferno gt ready sey

Philster: cool, let me know what's going on and if you're interested in bashing around this weekend.

How did everyone break in their GXR-28's? Is anyone using the same method as me? how's the engine's power output? I know it's not the best engine out there, but for an out of the box RTR it's pretty good. However, some posts i read before were very negative, calling it a "pos" and "garbage". One of the posters broke the conrod during break-in...
With all this snow and water all over and salt, i haven't been able to continue the break-in.

joizeex 04-11-2007 09:32 AM

Dammit, i still haven't been able to run the IGT since my last post, this weather is killing me. How does it go from 70 on one weekend to 40 with flurries while the sun is out on another weekend?! I hate having to fiddle around with stuff while my fingers are going numb.
I read on the IGT specific site that you can use the pin screws from the 7.5 in the front knuckle mounting points in order to help reduce some of the slop. Unfortunately the LHS doesn't have them in stock, so instead of waiting i think i'm gonna try similar part from traxxas which just happens to be same diameter and close in length as the 7.5 part.

ericke1 04-26-2007 08:38 PM

Hi guys, Im in NJ, can we meet this weekend, i need some help with my GT, I will drive anywhere in NJ. Thanks!! I also want some help with adjusting the 2 speed. I dont understand the posts about moving the gear?

THANKS ERICK

Philster 04-27-2007 12:56 PM

ERICK, where do you live in NJ? I am in Williamstown, 25 mins from Philly in South Jersey. I might be in North Wildwood, NJ over the weekend. Not sure. I'd love to give you a hand.

Adjusting the tranny: you have to remove a little clip that will free up the gears so you can slide them and see down into the hole to adjust the screw that controls the shift timing. It's in the manual, too.

Look just behind the spur gears down a hole...a little black clip will obscure your view/ability to get into the hole where the screw is at.

Visit the Inferno GT discussion boards, too, for help.

http://infernogt.proboards102.com/index.cgi

ericke1 04-27-2007 02:31 PM

I would really appreciate that, I live in Hoboken but am willing to drive anywhere you are, I may be going to Parlin on Saturday but if your available then or on Sunday please let me know. My email is [email protected].

MUCH APPRECIATED!!

ericke1 04-28-2007 01:24 PM

Philster not heard from you :( do you think we can meet tomorrow, email me your number or email and Ill send you mine

Philster 04-30-2007 10:01 AM

ericke1, I was away all weekend at the beach and just got back. Hoboken is 3 hours away from me. Your best bet is to visit a hobby shop, since you are willing to drive anywhere. Give them a holler and ask if they'd like to help a new guy become a new customer.

With my schedule right now, I don't have time except on the weekends (and I am at the beach on the weekends), and I am not comfortable telling you to drive 3 hours to the bottom of Cape May County for basic help.

ericke1 04-30-2007 04:37 PM

Thanks Philster, Im usually in PA once very month, I wanted someone experienced with the GT, so if your ever in town or if Im in the area, lets try and catch up. You have to be RCing more often than just beach parties

Philster 05-01-2007 09:23 AM

I work in PA, just south of the Philly International Airport.

ericke1 05-01-2007 11:23 AM

Great, just email me your email and contact and if one weekend your around, I may trouble you if your up for it.

Thanks, [email protected]

jimster 05-01-2007 09:24 PM

Does Kyosho make a three speed transmission for the Inferno GT? I have one that I put a NovaRossi Plus 21-3 motor with a Ofna JP-3 pipe and I instaled a RB Innovations stage 2 Super-Charger. Now my only problem is keeping tires on the car and it needs another gear. My brother has a Traxxas nitro 4-tec with the 3.3 and it is a fast car! But it cant even come close to my GT!

Philster 05-02-2007 10:06 AM

No three speed.

joizeex 05-12-2007 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: ericke1

Great, just email me your email and contact and if one weekend your around, I may trouble you if your up for it.

Thanks, [email protected]
hey, i would certainly help you, if you can possibly wait for another week? i'm in japan right now (bought some stuff today for my heli for cheap!) and will be back this coming weekend. i'm on exit 4 on turnpike which is around 1hr 40 mins from you.
i miss my gf, miss driving my Evo (saw a few today in Tokyo) and miss my rc's, but i just have to be patient. i took pics at hobby stores that i went to today and will post that tomorrow in another thread about my heli build (will provide a link if anyone wants to see)
Here they have some big hobby stores and they're very nice and organized, unlike most LHS in NJ or US in general. They have lots of Kyosho parts/kits too, unlike NJ LHS.

jimster, that's f'in sick man, nice setup :D

Harvz 05-13-2007 08:43 AM

Anybody notice when you use the ofna wheels the lower front arm will hit against the inner side spoke of the rim. One wheel at the front will not turn when you make turns(which ever you turn that side will not turn). If you don't have a wide steering travel, it might not hit.

Miami Jato 05-13-2007 09:31 AM

Does anybody know where to get smaller bodies for the gt inferno?, or what other choices of bodies I can run on the car?. thanks for your input..........

joizeex 05-13-2007 10:12 AM

i posted pics of a Tokyo hobby shop in this thread, if anyone's interested.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_58...tm.htm#5848425
will post other pics in another thread on Evo forum

Harvz 05-13-2007 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Miami Jato

Does anybody know where to get smaller bodies for the gt inferno?, or what other choices of bodies I can run on the car?. thanks for your input..........
Here's some [link=http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php?p=prodotti&l=eng&cat1=6&cat2=11&cat3=15]OPTIONS[/link]. The only smallest I can think of is the buggy buddy LOL.

I know you wanna go fast, but said Got_to_100_now_die_hatin "its just a parachute" and Finest said " he never ran the body again".

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5813006/anchors_5829579/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#5829579]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5813006/anchors_5829579/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#5829579[/link]

Miami Jato 05-14-2007 09:07 AM

hey, thoses Italian bodies are nice, do the rally series bodies fit on the GT Inferno?.........

rocco212 06-25-2007 03:48 PM

Where does the exhaust come out of? I don't see it sticking out of the body. Is it covered by the body and if so, does it make a mess? Thinking about picking up the new F430 one.

Thanks
Kenny

CRUZRC 07-08-2007 07:05 AM

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO BUY A BARGAIN INFERNO GT
NOW THEY HAVE FERRARI BODY ! COOL!
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/carsand...rs/31815-B.asp

CHECK IT OUT!

rocco212 07-09-2007 03:48 PM

www.ultimatehobbies.com usually has the lowest prices for Kyosho.

sfie281674 07-10-2007 11:50 AM

Does anyone know what clutch bell to buy, so you can change gearing?

Philster 07-10-2007 03:25 PM

New clutch bell: GTW26

Bearings: BRG001 x 2 (Two BRG001's are needed)

Pinions: GTW26-15 and GTW26-19

Note: The 15 / 18 combo is the same, just the GTW26-18 instead of the GTW26-19.

(all part #'s are Kyosho parts)

badboy2 07-10-2007 09:22 PM

where can u buy wheels,tires and body for the INFERNO GT?

Philster 07-11-2007 01:22 PM

All stock parts are available on-line via Kyosho and Shopatron at www.kyoshoamerica.com

Kyosho option parts are listed at the above-mentioned site as well.

Aftermarket wheels/tires are available from various retailers who stock 1/8 buggy parts. Easy swaps are tires and wheels from Ofna and GRP, both available at Tower, although there are others.

Ofna note: you want the street slicks, the treaded street tires or the foams, all which might be listed as '1/8 off road' believe it or not, as these were originally intended for 1/8 buggies. 1/8 on road usually refers to the 1/8 Serpents and such that run on staggered F/R Indy and F1 style tire wheels.

GRP note: look for 1/8 'rally' tires.

Ofna and GRP offer tires, wheels and pre-mounted sets.

There are other makes from other retailers. Many other buggy tires rub against the GT body, especially those with prominent treads/spikes.

badboy2 07-13-2007 11:57 PM

man cant wait till the ferrari comes out.if i lose patience i might just get the aston martin,are there like improvements on the ferrari model tho?did they upgrade something or just a different body?
what are the parts that needs improvement on the IGT?

MiamizFinest 07-14-2007 12:34 PM

The new FERRARI is the exact same thing just a new body.......about the week point in the inferno gt the 2 speed really sucks the finger type 2 gear SUCKS plus its mounted on bushing that wear out and eventrually will make second gear wobble and then stripp this is why i removed the 2speed from both my inferno gt's and run a single speed set up useing a revo spur gear (how i did it is the big secret) plus the 2 speed EATS up the cups of the drive train so makeing it single speed will be a very good idea

the only thing i wouls change out of the box are the chassis braces as u know all buggs come with one in the front and one in the back..........well the inferno GT only brings ONE POS in the back.........i would look into buying the KING HEADS chassis braces from the 777 and installing them on the inferno gt that way you have one DURRABLE INFERNO GT plus the stock brakes sucks.......buy the graphite calibers from the kyosho ST-R ull never need to change them out EVER!!!!

Here is a pic of my friends INFERNO GT with the king heads there a nice touch

http://image.rcuniverse.com/forum/up...59/Jh16785.jpg

also look how its single speed i did the conversion :D

PS i just remberd the stock fuel tank leaks air big time either get the tank from the MP 777 or the ST-R i run the ST-R since its 25CC bigger so i get longer run times (the novarossi 528 i run eats alot of gas real quick)

badboy2 07-16-2007 11:12 PM

for the braces ,u said mp777 will fit ?does it matter if its sp1 ,sp2 or just 777?

MiamizFinest 07-17-2007 07:55 AM

Just 777 doesnt matter all the same thing

huw4027 07-24-2007 08:15 PM

Hey guys i am new to this particular forum but i have my Inferno Gt about
a month now and i just love this thing. I want to increase the top end so
i got 15 & 18 pinion gears but i am at a loss how to install them because the
engine is not allowed to move and if i wanted to put in another motor
what would i need to get. I would very much appreciate part #'s. [8D]

maoy 07-25-2007 07:29 PM

Hey, I'm also new to the RC world. I know you guys must be veterans so can you help me out. I wanted to know if the Kyosho inferno GT is better than the TC3 by team associated? Also, I heard that the parts for the inferno gt is very expensive. Does anybody have any links that will show how much it cost for replacement or performance parts? I also wanted to know what is the best car for $400 and under. Greatly appreciated.

Philster 07-26-2007 09:02 AM

I posted reference material for all your questions but the mods deleted it (cause it linked to another RC site) [:@]

E-mail me questions or send me a PM and I will get you instructions and part#'s to swap engines and gears.

Philster 07-26-2007 09:04 AM

Have GT, had a TC3.

GT parts are bigger and more expensive, but the GT is the car to own if you want to run around streets and lots.

Kyosho shopatron and Kyoshoamerica.com and planethobbies.

look over the prices for parts.

pfavale 08-08-2007 11:38 PM

GOOGLE "inferno gt" and you will find a few videos. Have fun!!

losifiend 08-30-2007 01:19 PM

Mine just came in the mail!!! My wife called and asked "what the big box was". LOL! There is some good info in this thread and will defenitly save it to my favorites.

I won it on ebay in a charity auction to help a fellow member of another forum who is in need of surgery. Its a Ferrari, donated directly by a Kyosho rep, but I would of loved to have the Austin Martin. That body just looks hot!!.

Cant waite to get home and see it next to my LST2

losifiend 08-30-2007 08:04 PM

Here is mine fresh out of the box. Looks so good I dont think I will be running it any time soo. Yes, it will be a shelf queen for a while. At least not till I get a Spectrum radio for it.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/IMG_2494.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/IMG_2495.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/IMG_2496.jpg

MiamizFinest 08-30-2007 08:09 PM

Nice we have one at our shop and it looks great!!!! make sure you raise the rear body post's it looks like its scratching the ground!!! have fun!

losifiend 08-31-2007 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

The new FERRARI is the exact same thing just a new body.
I just read this and want to point out something. The instructions that came with this car have new part numbers for the clutch bell, insert, and bearings. It seems that Kyosho figured out they had a problem with the 2 speed and is trying if not fixed it. It strictly says "do not replace with these parts(references the old part numbers). Use these" and gives new part numbers for a diferent clucth bell / 2 speed setup. I hope this is true. But if you work in an RC shop or have one you would know better.

I just think a single speed car would suck unless you used the center diff. from a Losi 8ight(with clutch bell and clutch of course) or a regular Inferno buggy and an LRP 3 or some type of modded high RMP engine. If all else fails that is what I will be trying. The 8ight RTR is supposed to do 48MPH so the Mighty Mach 427 might also be an option. Hell, this car cant weigh more than a buggy.

Also the slammed body was for the pictures;)

Miami Jato 08-31-2007 09:50 AM

when u see a single speed GT run with a 528, you'll love it, believe me............

MiamizFinest 08-31-2007 10:01 AM

if what ur saying is tru kyosho fixed a major flaw in the car...............the clutch bell would run off one of othes old tube bearing looking things there where gargage, i didnt look at the new manual tho i only took the body out off the box and placed it on the box to show it off LOL i thought it was that nice......ima check it out tho......

the inferno gt single speed is the way to go............but not a buggy type systems, a buggy type system will be 12,13,14, or 15 teeth on the clutch bell and either 48 or 47 teeth on the spur gear.............the way im running mine is 25 teeth on the clutch bell and 36 on the spur gear.......and im running in the low 70 MPH range...........i needed one hell of a motor tho so for that i used a novarossi 528............

also the only thing i can tell you is make sure you have a spare set of 2 gear sets for the inferno gt if ur planning on keeping the 2speed(they cost only 8 bucks there a good spare part to have).....there is a MAJOR flaw on the 2speed , the second gear is mounted on a bushing (should have bein a bearing)and after about a gallon ull second speed gear will wble like crazy till it jsut stripps.............the bushing is made out of crappy copper..........so ofrocurse the steel shaft wears it out!!! if u can find a bearing to replace that bushing then no worries all u need is the size im sure they make it!!!! boca bearings is a good place to look!!!!

PS if your running completely stock ur motor CAN AND WILL push a higher gearing......you can buy the HPI RS4 3 clutch bell with the purple pinion gears and it will raise your clutch bell by about 4 ot 5 teeth each gear.................and trust me ULL NOTICE A HUGE DIFFRENCE, ull need the adjustable motor mounts too!!!