Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

mounting body

Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 AM
speedinaround8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting body

Im looking at finding out how everyone mounts there body to their custom truck. I am looking at the proline bronco body. It doesnt matter if you can see the mounts or not. Im just trying to find a way to mount the body. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-30-2011, 09:53 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mounting body

I mount mine using velcro.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:50 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends I've not made a custom crawler/scaler yet, but from the custom RC's I've done I usually look at other RC's to see if they have body mounts I can use to seamlessly fit in with the looks. On a tracked truck/tankish vehicle I made I used delrin rods as the mount points for the TVP's, and I mounted 2 tamiya body mount posts to the top 2. I've also used HPI RS4 on-road body posts a few customs seeing they are pretty generic.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:08 AM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: speedinaround8

Im looking at finding out how everyone mounts there body to their custom truck. I am looking at the proline bronco body. It doesnt matter if you can see the mounts or not. Im just trying to find a way to mount the body. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Are you asking how to mount a body or how people do it?

Most people just use the body posts but if your trying for a scale look then you can use Velcro or magnets.

If your asking how to mount a body then let us know and we can point you in the right direction.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:25 PM
evlwevl
My Feedback: (6)

I like to use standard size servo horns because they hold pretty good,provide a clean looking mount and make it easy to remove the body when you want because the surface is smaller. I simply grind out the center of the wheel, drill a small hole in the shoulder to hold the body clip, shave the top flat, and cover with Velcro