Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Axial screwing me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial screwing me?

I just wanted your opinions on an issue I had this last week.....

I bought an Axial transmission last Wednesday and installed it in my home-built Trail rig. Well, the first run I drove with this Tranny, the output shaft failed(snapped in half). I was literally less than 20 minutes into driving. I was told by the LHS to call Axial to have the part replaced and that Axial was a good company and should take care of me promptly. Well, after calling them today, all they could say was that the part was not under warranty and that I would have to purchase a new one. This part is half the cost of an entire locked Transmission!!!!!! I abused a Wheely King Transmission for weeks and had flawless performance. This does not give me too much faith in the Axial parts of their company.

I guess I am wondering if anyone else here has had problems like this, or similar problems with Axial the Company or Axial Parts???

I am beyond frustrated and do not want or wish to bash Axial, I just do not see how they can blow me off like that given the short, short life of the output shaft....If you look at the part, it is hollow down the center and looks like a disaster waiting to happen....Guess I can laugh, but I wish I would have bought that RC4WD Tranny now instead of this disaster...I am out $60 now because I have to replace the part.

Latez!

Z
Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Axial screwing me?

Are these what broke?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSAR2&P=PU

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, sounds like you got a lemon.
Anyways, if you like the axial tranny(other than the broken part) you might consider getting this.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXBK3&P=7
From my experience robinson makes excellent quality parts. I highly doubt that you would break that one. It's made of hardened steel instead of aluminum like the axial version.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:02 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

ORIGINAL: Zim-uh-tosa

I ABUSED a Wheely King Transmission for weeks and had flawless performance.
Not to be a smart ***** but you said the key word in your post and I think what the problem boils down to is the manufacturer is getting wise to how people treat the product. Granted you probably built your rig to crawl.... and if its built to crawl then I'd bet you have the diffs locked. You get in a bind with both diffs locked with enough power somethings gonna break.... This is just my opinion
Old 07-06-2009, 05:47 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just love when people go onto the forums to complain about problems they have with the various products they buy install and abuse.. Granted the OP prolly feels he was not abusive to the part, but I have many axial trannies in service right now in many rigs. Competition crawlers, scale rigs and even a rock racer. I have had this same part break, but every time it did break is was because I was running the rig hard!! As I do all of my rc's, but the point is, these are rc's and they will have part failures, that is a fact!! And the longer you are in this hobby the more parts you WILL break!! I have only once asked a company to warranty something and that was because it came out of the box broken. The minute we install these parts into whatever we feel is the right rig we take the assumed risk of breaking it. Axial prolly wont warranty the part because it was not installed in an axial rig.. No Warranty!! My opinion is instead of *****ing about it, take this as an oppurtunity to upgrade and make it more bullet proof!! I mean geeze imagine if the OP was into the hobby of racing 1:1 cars and he but an r400 tranny into his hotrod and immediately pulled out onto the street and tried a burn-out just to burn out that new tranny!!

People, Stop Bashing these manufacturers when you misuse their products(installing it into a non-axial product) and turn your misfortunes into oppurtunities to make your rigs better!!

Axial, does not have any interest in screwing you!! But by installing into anything but axial products you are misusing the axial product. Sorry to be so blunt, but it drives me nuts to hear someone complain about good companies like axial!!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:58 PM
monsterbombs

i bought an axial copy called a mud rat or something,
it is identical besides there is no slipper and it had cheap
plastic nuts. the amount of tourque twist this thing had
was unbearable. the huge driveshafts couldnt cope
when i reduced the wheelbase and let go on the yolks.
admittadly the truck isnt badged as an actual axial, but
the design of the driveshafts were poor with no slipper
clutch and the spur gear seamed flimsy. im sure the
genuine axial products are better quality, but i know
what he means. i didnt even get to run it with the axial
shafts. i swapped the tranny and shafts to traxxas bandit
units,and havnt looked back. they are half the size and
much better for flex and strength. just my experience.
just for the record, usually no transmission/driveshaft
problems are covered under any warranty on any car.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:17 PM
K_B

You could get these and never have to worry about it again. Any time a part breaks, I use that as an opportunity to upgrade:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...t=axial+output

The part you broke is a known weak point in an otherwise perfect transmission.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

I just love when people go onto the forums to complain about problems they have with the various products they buy install and abuse.. Granted the OP prolly feels he was not abusive to the part, but I have many axial trannies in service right now in many rigs. Competition crawlers, scale rigs and even a rock racer. I have had this same part break, but every time it did break is was because I was running the rig hard!! As I do all of my rc's, but the point is, these are rc's and they will have part failures, that is a fact!! And the longer you are in this hobby the more parts you WILL break!! I have only once asked a company to warranty something and that was because it came out of the box broken. The minute we install these parts into whatever we feel is the right rig we take the assumed risk of breaking it. Axial prolly wont warranty the part because it was not installed in an axial rig.. No Warranty!! My opinion is instead of *****ing about it, take this as an oppurtunity to upgrade and make it more bullet proof!! I mean geeze imagine if the OP was into the hobby of racing 1:1 cars and he but an r400 tranny into his hotrod and immediately pulled out onto the street and tried a burn-out just to burn out that new tranny!!

People, Stop Bashing these manufacturers when you misuse their products(installing it into a non-axial product) and turn your misfortunes into oppurtunities to make your rigs better!!

Axial, does not have any interest in screwing you!! But by installing into anything but axial products you are misusing the axial product. Sorry to be so blunt, but it drives me nuts to hear someone complain about good companies like axial!!

Lol, Dogman, I just love it that you come on here and bash someone falsely yet again!!!! Please, do not answer anymore posts if you can't read the entire post you are quoting. You seem to live to act like god every time someone posts(or is it just my posts?). I stated that I was not here to bash Axial but to get opinions and to find out if this happens to others. No one else was offended by my post because I did no such thing as bash your beloved Axial.

I drove the truck about 10-15 minutes and the part sheared clean off like it was pre-scored. I have plastic drivelines and other plastic parts that should have broke.

Re read my post and then post something useful, or not at all...

Thanks for everyone else's opinions and comments. I am sorry you had to suffer through Dogman's delusion of grandeur....

Z
Old 07-08-2009, 03:24 PM
The Real Dogman

well "Z" I was far from offended. I offer to you, instead of complaining, upgrade and that is what the others are telling you to do as well!! So stop complaining and do it already!! upgrade!!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:14 PM
dezfan

I love nOObs![:@]
Old 07-08-2009, 04:17 PM
The Real Dogman

ORIGINAL: dezfan

I love nOObs![:@]

Aren't they a blast??
Old 07-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

I love holier than thou, know everything, rip on the noob veterans....

This had only to do with opinions, not bashing or playing god. Call me all the names you want, you are proving to everyone how unworthy you are as a human being...

Good luck with your hateful life and your bitterness towards me and the "NOOBS"...

Thanks for the straightforward answers to my questions. I know who not to rely on for any serious answers.

Z

Old 07-08-2009, 05:40 PM
The Real Dogman

You got your serious answer,,, you didn't like it... sorry I'm not blowin cherries for you, but grow up life is rough all over. and do you even realize what your response says about your very sensitive nature.. but I dont even care about that.. All I care about is your satisafaction with the upgrade you chose to get instead of whining about a broken rc part.. good luck buddy..

This had only to do with opinions, not bashing or playing god. Call me all the names you want, you are proving to everyone how unworthy you are as a human being...

Good luck with your hateful life and your bitterness towards me and the ''NOOBS''...

Thanks for the straightforward answers to my questions. I know who not to rely on for any serious answers.

Z

Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 PM
monsterbombs

i dont take anything back for warranty. its usually more
hastle than what its worth and usually nothing to do with
the manufacturer. warranty is a huge gray area. i did radiators
for a number of years. telling people if the rad is looked after it
should last several years, wich is the truth.providing coolant is
maintained etc. if a job came back within that warranty from corrosion
etc. it would be because of contamination of the system (customers fault)
it would not be covered under warranty, and the customer charged for
a replacement. although that is different, what i am getting at is
warranty doesnt usually mean anything.

i bought a car from a dealership for like 8k when i was 19. the guy
from the yard was trying his hardest to get me to buy, yes buy the
warranty for the car.(they use to come compulsory).anyway i said
something to the affect of "nah mate if theres anything wrong with
it im bringing it back anyway" he knew that i knew the warranty is
worth poo. anyway i drove the car home and i noticed it had a crack
in the windshield. it was wet that night and the crack let water in dropping
straight down on the cd player and centre consol with my phone in it.
the next morning i rang them and told the story,letting them know i
dont care about the stereo and the phone was cheap i just want the
windscrean repaired. i get told to go to the warranty/repair shop.
i take time off work and rock up there first thing,wait for half an hour
to be told that they can put silicone on it but it might not work.
i said dont f*&$%n bother. and got it replaced myself. this guy is the
biggest car seller in the state. warrantys suck.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:24 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Hey Zim, I might just have a spare of the part you broke... Those CDW shafts from RC crawler will withstand god wrath as long as you do not use a DNA dig, I had a set, and unfortunately sold em already. the key to axial is you CANNOT tell them you used the tranny in another rig they are fussy about that. they actally have an account here, you may want to send a PM to "Axial Racing" I have seen them jump in on other threads and offer assistance to distraught Axial engine owners might be worth a shot.

I'll have to find the bag of spare tranny parts I have laying around here somewhere and let you know if I have the old output shafts tho...
Old 07-08-2009, 07:31 PM
The Mad Modder

Good luck with your hateful life and your bitterness towards me and the ''NOOBS''...

Z

+1
Dogman, I'm going to have to agree with Z. Z had no experience with Axial, so he simply asked for opinions and info on Axial. You jumped on him(like a dog) and had to get on the soapbox, ranting on about "company bashers". Completely unnecessary.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:35 PM
fish_61615
My Feedback: (163)

Well here is a new one if you order from NITRO PLANES.com be carefull you ever have a prob and they dont want to hear it they black list you I have a warranty they wont stand behind i have ordered 3 times from them on all had eather broken or damaged now they wont stand behind!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 PM
The Real Dogman

What?? You want some now??

I call 'em as I see 'em, too bad someone he got his feelings hurt..

I get so sick and tired of the cry baby America you guys foster and say "Awe thats ok, you go ahead and whine all you want. Someone will feel bad for you!"

Nut up and get on with life and stop clogging good bandwidth with this drivel!!

Just remember,,, in this world you never know which Dog might bite ya!!

And to think I'm not usually this combative!! but dam come on America we are stronger than this!!

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

Z

+1
Dogman, I'm going to have to agree with Z. Z had no experience with Axial, so he simply asked for opinions and info on Axial. You jumped on him(like a dog) and had to get on the soapbox, ranting on about ''company bashers''. Completely unnecessary.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-09-2009, 07:39 AM
The Mad Modder

What?? You want some now??
Yeah, bring it.
I call 'em as I see 'em, too bad someone he got his feelings hurt..
Do you actually expect me to believe that you care?
I get so sick and tired of the cry baby America you guys foster and say ''Awe thats ok, you go ahead and whine all you want. Someone will feel bad for you!''
You're kind of funny, whining about whiners...
Nut up and get on with life and stop clogging good bandwidth with this drivel!!
Is that an order, sir?
Just remember,,, in this world you never know which Dog might bite ya!!
That's why I carry my trusty shotgun.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:59 AM
husky385

Wow dogman you and dezfan are a class act, you really represent this hobby well[&o].
Kevin
Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 PM
K_B

ORIGINAL: fish_61615

Well here is a new one if you order from NITRO PLANES.com be carefull you ever have a prob and they dont want to hear it they black list you I have a warranty they wont stand behind i have ordered 3 times from them on all had eather broken or damaged now they wont stand behind!
And what exactly does any of that have to do with this topic? Your first post on this forum and it's bashing a company in a completely unrelated topic. Nice job!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

I think Fish is just trying to use an example of how things could work out with different companies. I also fly Heli's and have ordered from Nitroplanes and have heard many complaints on the way they handle customers. The company is much better than before a year or so ago I must say since all the management and policies changed. As long as you address your concerns on their forum, they handle you very fast and courteous. They had to fix a broken reputation and I think they did it....

I did some more researched on the Axial output shaft on other sites. This problem is certainly not "Isolated" like the guy at Axial told me. There are threads of people asking for help on the same issue, what to do, and which aftermarket parts are the best to replace it. No companies have 100% perfect parts. IMO they need to at least address their customers concerns and possibly engineer a part that will work?

Thanks for the offer on the part Zach. I appreciate that. I bought another output and installed it....

Z
Old 07-10-2009, 12:20 AM
grimgard

I just wanted your opinions on an issue I had this last week.....

I bought an Axial transmission last Wednesday and installed it in my home-built Trail rig. Well, the first run I drove with this Tranny, the output shaft failed(snapped in half). I was literally less than 20 minutes into driving. I was told by the LHS to call Axial to have the part replaced and that Axial was a good company and should take care of me promptly. Well, after calling them today, all they could say was that the part was not under warranty and that I would have to purchase a new one. This part is half the cost of an entire locked Transmission!!!!!! I abused a Wheely King Transmission for weeks and had flawless performance. This does not give me too much faith in the Axial parts of their company.

I guess I am wondering if anyone else here has had problems like this, or similar problems with Axial the Company or Axial Parts???

I am beyond frustrated and do not want or wish to bash Axial, I just do not see how they can blow me off like that given the short, short life of the output shaft....If you look at the part, it is hollow down the center and looks like a disaster waiting to happen....Guess I can laugh, but I wish I would have bought that RC4WD Tranny now instead of this disaster...I am out $60 now because I have to replace the part.

Latez!

Z
X2 on that Axial customer service sucks (I also have had problems with "Paul" from Axail and his lack of customer service skills). If someone feels burned by any company they have every right to post there experience as a warning to others who might want to buy from said company.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:26 AM
The Real Dogman

hey grim I dont go around calling you names,,
Old 07-10-2009, 07:54 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: grimgard

X2 on that Axial customer service sucks (I also have had problems with ''Paul'' from Axail and his lack of customer service skills). Dogman is an ARSE and lives to argue on these boards. If someone feels burned by any company they have every right to post there experience as a warning to others who might want to buy from said company.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.