Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

1/4 scale Storch

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

1/4 scale Storch

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:56 PM
JHays

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 scale Storch

Nice to hear from a fellow Belgian. I am also from Belgium (Liege) Moved to Sunny California 25 years ago (you can fly almost all year long)
I am very familliar with the Svenson kits, as a matter of fact my first RC plane was the Westerly, sooo many years ago !
take care
ORIGINAL: Vincent VO

I also have a Fieseler Storch from Svenson. This plane is almost ready to fly. I just need to solve a problem with engine vibrations. Svenson is not of Sweden, but from my own little country: Belgium. The name Svenson is comes from the following: Sven is the son of the owner of Svenson. They live in Knokke, at the Belgium coast. They stopped producing a long time ago. Now there are appearing again Svenson kits, but i think they are build in Spain.

Bye,
Vincent

ps: I will post some pictures of the Storch as soon as i can.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 AM
F86_SABRE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/4 scale Storch

A german r/c company have two sizes of Fieseler Storch:
1. 1:6 - 93" span Price is € 32 (abt $38) Product# 3210350
http://www.vth.de/shop/shopfiles/pro...wcat=1&sparte=

2. 1:4 - 138" span Price is €27 (abt $33) CHEAPER! Product# 321 0385
http://www.vth.de/shop/shopfiles/pro...wcat=1&sparte=

It should not be difficult to interpret the drawings as they are standard materials. Also, if not mistaken, they also provide a list of german/english list of common r/c terms included witht he plan besides a short write-up (in german I am afraid) of the plan.

I dont speak a word of german but the plans are well laid out.

Reuben
Old 01-26-2015, 02:20 PM
CurrentDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this thread has been dorment for a long time but I am posting here with a hope that someone might reply.

I am building an own designed 84 inch electric Storch. I have Dennis Bryant's plan as a guide. I'd like to design an undercarriage similar to the real thing. For example, it should slightly spread out on landing and collapse after take off. Any suggestions wud be gratefully acknowledged.

Any help regarding design/ building hinges wud be great.

Cheers
CD

Last edited by CurrentDude; 01-29-2015 at 10:46 AM.