Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Royal Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:21 PM
maddingo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal Kits

Hey guys,

Great thread. I have just bought a built up 60 size royal corsair and plan on finishing her. Just cutting away now at the flaps and retracts installation.

A little help. I can't find anywhere a control for the rudder. Its a piece that has somewhat unique bends. Because it is controlled from inside the read of the fuse. Extends up through the center of the rudder and attatched to the rear of the rudder. Can't find this piece anywhere online.

Thanks.

Dave
Old 01-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

If you have a pic of it I would just start bending one as you are prob not going to find those kind of parts around. Unless someone has one lying around from a crashed bird.
Sorry can't be more help...

Shane
Old 01-10-2010, 01:51 PM
schadbone

Hello,
I have 2 Royal P38 kits mixed togeather ( got them at swap meet) one is started, so all in all a bit of a mess.
Can you help with a parts list please.

Regards
Steve

[email protected]
Old 01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Ethesis

Hello,
I have 2 Royal P38 kits mixed togeather ( got them at swap meet) one is started, so all in all a bit of a mess.
Can you help with a parts list please.

Regards
Steve
do you mean all the wooden pieces or the cockpit, propelers, etc.
if you need list for the wooden pieces i have plans that might help.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM
schadbone

Thanks,
I was after a parts list for all the parts, I do have the plans.
The wooden pieces are the main issue.
The kit came with 1 sheet parts list, but I think there must be a 2nd page.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Riddle4U

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave, if it is helpfull (and fear not), look at the plan and ascertain the shape of the bent music wire. You'll find it might be 3/32 music wire. Find something close at the hobby shop along with brass tube that just fits the outside diameter of the wire(this'll be your bearing). You'll cut this bearing to planned length. Feel free to be creative here on combinations that seem appropriate. Cut wire in excess of needed and just hammer away at your wire when in a vice (just with care on alignment of course). Look at it and just try to keep it straight in all axis. Guess what, if you screw it up the first time; then try again! That is how many of us learned (just get into it). Dont forget to fit the brass bearing tube (already cut to length...right) onto the wire BEFORE bending. Have fun...the worst is you'll get angry, walk away, and treat your wife nicely? Honestly, you only learn by doing, so be fearless!

Oh, I forgot...you'll need to cut the belcrank for rudder control out of some 1/32" brass or something like that (assemble this before bending just like the brass tube bearing). Drill a hole for the wire, through the center of an almost finished "blank" of required width. You'll then cut a blank for the belcrank with tin-snips obtained at any hardware store (get big quality ones...you'll keep using them). You can round off the corners of this piece after you silver solder it to the wire (not difficult...build some jig blocks to keep it all at 90 degrees). The smoothing of rough corners is with a small grinding stone on your Dremel (you have one, or need one). Sand the wire for prep before soldering and wipe it with denatured alcohol first. Get a good wattage soldering iron from Sears Craftsman (trigger..quick heating type with a wedge tip). Apply heat near the area to be soldered, touch the end of the solder wire to the joint, hold it in configuration until it solidifies (seconds). Done! You can twist the wire into alignment after this, if not far off. Otherwise you need a hobby torch to the wire before bending (you may avoid this if carefull initially). Don't be afraid to use major force hammering...it is done that way sometimes. There are wire-benders out there...look into that (and you'll figure out how to use them on your own..yer smart, but you don't need 'em). These are all skills that are only learned by doing! Have fun with it, really; and if it all turns out junk...throw it in the trash and do it again. You're learning remember? Remember the "trying to have fun" part. That is kind of the Zen of building...and can't be taught.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Riddle4U

Steve, if I remember I was able to pull a view of the plans from a free file given by an Ebay seller. They had made it so you couldn't have a file to blow up...it was two years ago. If you just want to account for parts off your plans than a little Ebay Royal plan research might do it for you. When you get plans...make two sets so you can cut templates out of the other (if necessary). Start cutting parts, buddy! I am at a loss to understand how you could buy two kits and not have everything between them. This is not a rusty '57 Chevy build from that OverHaulin show? If indeed you are missing stuff, it can be obtained for less than the current price of Platinum...but probably ten times the price of gold (Phew!.....by pound I mean, what does this weigh?).
Old 01-12-2010, 11:55 PM
grh_70

If you are referring to the sheet that indexes all the DIECUT parts, then there is only one,
and looks like the att. file:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32003.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1355146  
Old 01-13-2010, 12:22 AM
schadbone

Thank You
Old 01-13-2010, 12:27 AM
schadbone

WOW, that is a lot better than what I have.
Can you scan it at high res and email to me please.

[email protected]

Thank you
Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 AM
schadbone

What you have sent is twice what I have, yours has the full list;
My sheet is very old ( yellow paper) and is page1 of 2 by the looks of things.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:25 AM
grh_70

Sorry, I do not have the plans, What I posted was a screen capture taken from an Ebay seller's listing,
in an effort to clarify what you are looking for. The EBay seller is U.S. Wing who sells copies of Marutaka
plans canopies and cowls. His P-38 listing shows 2 plan sheets, one die cut parts listing sheet and the
instruction sheet(s):
http://cgi.ebay.com/Royal-LOCKHEED-P...iewItemQQptZRa

Since I have not seen the actual Marutaka P-38 kit/plans, I can't vouch for the completeness of his product,
but I can say that is consistent with the Bird Dog kit, which I do have. But be advised that the sheet
I posted which he calls a template sheet, is incorrect. It is a smaller than plan size reference sheet
to all the die cut parts, nothing more.

GeneH
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 AM
schadbone

That is fine, thank you for your help

Regards
Steve
Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Ethesis

Those plans on EBAY are totally complete.
Looks like he selling other plans too, good source of plans for scratch building.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:12 PM
reincarnate

I just received my plans for a P-26 Peashooter from this seller. Very clean and clear lines. Anyone want to help cut?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:20 AM
RC-CAKES
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey gang. Just my 2 cents... I recently aquired a excellent condition Royal JU-87D Stuka from a garage sale. It is about 85% complete and has never flown. I purchased the plans and a canopy for this model from USWING on ebay last month. The guy is easy to work with and guarantees your satisfaction.

His plans were great quality on good paper. The instruction manual was a copy of the original (which a couple pages were out of sequence but easily fixed) book - but the plans are A+. The canopy is excellent and I am looking forward to detailing it when it is time. All in all a great resource. No complaints.

Anyone out there have any background on the Royal/Marutaka Stuka?! It's a 71" wingspan. It has some damaged hinges on the flaps and ailerons to be sorted out. It has a Supertigre G90 mounted. Any suggestions or precautions to be aware of?

It looks like I just need to inspect the rigging, mount tank, servos, receiver, and set it up. I will work on the detailing/paint after it is airworthy.

Here is a link to my Stuka thread...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_93...tm.htm#9305602

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Riddle4U

Rotorwing, I did go to your link and see the pics. It looks very well built from pictures. Just, obviously check straightness and weight. Once you see it is straight, than install your engine and radio and fly it. The Stuka is tricky since the wing tips are skinny and it may want to stall/snap into the ground if you don't keep speed up. This is the clear warning. These models are great fliers at larger scale (having seen them at warbirds over the rockies). Look it over carefully...then put equipment in and fly it! If it survives, than you can improve it I guess? Looks like a beautiful model to me! Get the canopy and attach it temporarily somehow, then fly her! If it survives, then put extra time into it. Just my thoughts?

Nice find! Edit: I also see you are Coloradoan, nice. I trust you are a good flier? Scale flier? These do require aggresive, and courageous flying skill! I fly at Boulder and Cherry Creek....lots of help there if you need buddy! I would be afraid to fly your Stuka, personally. They are demanding (don't horse it around too much at your "wing loading"). Just get it around the pattern for starters once you get it outfitted. Such a cool plane though! Look for any washout applied in the building (tips having less angle of attack...slightly down in the leading edge by 3 degrees maybe). Just thinking out loud.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:35 AM
Pit-Viper 1

Riddle4U, have they increased the length of the runway at CherryCreek in the last few years? Thats where I started flying, after I got my first warbird I soon realized it wasn't very easy to land 1/5 scale and larger birds there. Ended up going to Chatfeild from then on due to the longer runways. The crowds sure can be a hassle though, lost 2 planes from newbs not reading the postings and turning on there radios before checking pins. Thats when I changed to a 2.4 radio. Flew there for years then we recently moved to Montana chasing work. Got pretty spoiled with all the shops around there for buying building supplies, not used to all this ordering.

Couple of my favorite pics and my new site. Check our website, has some stuff from our days at Cherrycreek as well as Chatfeild.
www.colorado-rc.com

Shane

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69166.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1364005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40886.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1364006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75482.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	1364007  
Old 01-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Riddle4U

Shane, thanks for the nice pictures! I have only flown at Cherry Creek once (by the reservoir). You are right! The flying environment seems tight for anything but smaller models. It is close to me now though. I grew up flying in Boulder, and met Skip Miller (the international r/c soaring champion of fame). I saw him this summer in Boulder, and that is my favorite field since there is nothing really as an obstacle (just a dirt road skirting the field). Your new field looks awesome, fellow! Yes, I met a fellow who flies some jets and he does go to Chatfield...so, I guess I will need to drive a bit further to find a comfortable flying environment. Cherry Creek is nice, and they did extend the main runway maybe fifty feet from what I was told...but still not long enough for me. You have to NOT fly over the park road as you know, so it makes for difficulty since I make smooth t.o. and climbs and smooth approaches which are at as close to 3 degrees as I can get (standard instrument approach paths, full scale). Fine planes shouldn't have to "drop in" and jeapordize a good landing. So, I will check out other clubs in Denver! Keep us posted "Montana"...ha ha ha!

p.s. look me up if you're ever back in the great state of Colorado!

Edit: forgot to say thanks for the link, and Colorado is quite an avid R/C ,free flight, soaring, control-line....kinda place. I wish I had enough time to even visit each of our local clubs! I hope your work goes well in Montana, and keep me posted.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Pit-Viper 1

I will be down their in a couple weeks but this will be dash down and back. Picking up a plane a friend is building for me, but we will be back when school gets out. I will let you know, My kids are itching to get down and visit some friends. Then around the end of April will be headed to Breckenridge Texas to watch the maiden of this Monster when it's complete. 18'long 16'-17' W/S My flying buddy from Denver thinks it's the sexiest bomber/plane ever made. [sm=72_72.gif] Not sure if I want to room with him after we get there, could get weird...lol [sm=bananahead.gif]

[link]http://www.b1modelproject.com/date/2008/12[/link] They video document the entire build with hours and hours of videos in the archives.

Shane
Old 01-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Riddle4U

I watched the video shane, pretty funny. I'd get your own motel...personally..ha ha ha! We are a little off topic here, but it is my thread...so...sorry all!? PM me going forward, Shane. - Eric

Happy Landings (apparently a lot of questionable massage parlors share the name)!
p.s. When I worked at Jepp near Centennial Airport shortly after 9/11 we all were shooken by some B-1 Bombers doing low fly-bys and afterburner pull ups (I would call it a chandelle, actually). Very cool indeed!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 PM
RC-CAKES

Riddle4U - thanks for the input. I consider myself an intermediate rc pilot. I fly scale aircraft (p-51; stearman) and helis for the past few years. I too visit Cherry Creek but also dislike their runway and its condition. I plan on joining the new MileHi club out east.
The stuka looks tight. I will be studying the plans and measuring/comparing this week. I am concerned about its flaps since they are all controlled via one servo. I need to make sure to avoid asymmetrical flap extention. It is an unique plane and I am looking forward to its test flight.

Does anyone know how old this kit is? Any guess?

Since it already has an ST G90 installed - I think I will set it up. I think it may be a little low on power and perhaps a larger 4 stroke will be in order. I just replaced its bearings and it looks like new anyway! The engine is ready for the teststand. Thanks for the advice on the wingtips/airspeed. I will be quite nervous taking it up. That's why I really don't want to sink a ton of time into the details if she isnt airworthy! If she flies nice and predictable, then I plan on airbrushing and making her look sharp... even a bomb release?! Hmm...
Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 PM
scale dail
My Feedback: (8)

If you fly that Royal Stuka good, then consider yourself an advanced pilot!
Even better than that HOT DOG in your club that everyone looks up to, that fly's his giant ultra light ARF all over the place [X(]!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:47 PM
RC-CAKES

~~~ LOL ~~~ Thanks!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Riddle4U

Rotor wing...do it! Fly it as it is and don't waste time on detail now. Just fly it. If it comes down in one piece than detail it further! Just keep the speed up somewhat on approach, don't yank it around too much....you'll be allright! Rudder on takeoff is early and often! Just guessing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.