Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Scale poseable pilot making

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Scale poseable pilot making

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 03:34 PM
P4Patti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scale poseable pilot making

Jymster - you'll be interested to know that the 1/4 scale Boomerang is definitely being finished off and readied for flight! We had another visit about a week ago from old Tom and he's pushing for it too So it's the next to be finished before Richard launches into his big P-38. I'll get something onto the Boomerang forum in the near future.

cheers
Patti
Old 03-26-2012, 04:13 PM
jymster
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: P4Patti

Jymster - you'll be interested to know that the 1/4 scale Boomerang is definitely being finished off and readied for flight! We had another visit about a week ago from old Tom and he's pushing for it too So it's the next to be finished before Richard launches into his big P-38. I'll get something onto the Boomerang forum in the near future.

cheers
Patti
Hi Patti,

Great, that is fantastic news. The poor old Boomerang thread has been a little dormant for a while. With two daughters now, and another baby on the way, my time has gone out the window. I live my modelling life vicariously through these forums now!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 PM
PSJDBF

Hi Patti, new pilots look amazing, I think you guys are going to be very busy I dont think there is anything available close to what you guys are offering. We are heading over to NZ on Sunday, and will be going to warbirds over Wanaka so looking forward to that.The new website looks great , I will send you some better pics of the pilot and cockpit on the zero when I get back. All the best Steff.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 PM
jymster

Hi all,

I am helping out a friend, who will definitely be in contact with Patti for a pilot for his new project, but we can not find a photo of the pilot for his subject aircraft. His subject aircraft is the Hawker Fury II - K7270, which was delivered to the elite RAF 25 Squadron at Hawkinge in November 1936 and served there until late 1937. Flown by Squadron Leader A .L. ‘Tony’ Paxton, who in K7270 along with the rest of his flight, put on by all accounts the most memorable display ever seen at that time at the 1937 RAF Hendon Air Pageant, which was the very last Pageant before WW2.

Can anyone help with a photo of Squadron Leader A. L. ‘Tony’ Paxton?

Regards,

James.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 AM
P4Patti

Hi Steff, that will be a great Easter over at Wanaka. Take your woollies with you though, especially coming from your part of the world. I lived down that way for a few months - many years ago, and it's a beautiful place but the Warbirds will be the high light I'm sure. I look forward to some pics of your Zero when you get back too.

What size is the Hawker Fury II you and your friend are building? And you have time for planes with your 2 daughters and the baby on the way? Good luck with your search for photos of your pilot, if you can't find photos of 'Tony' Paxton then at least no-one can argue with what he looks like

We've just made the 1/5 female body mould. I eventually got onto some foam which is actually yellow but the same density as the blue foam, just a different manufacturer. I have made a fairly voluptuous body, curvy, we'll call it The first side was moulded last night and the second half has just been finished tonight so hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to extract the first body from it. That will give Katherine a body to work with to make the clothing while I get on with the first head of Milla. I'll be doing a 1/3 female body soon too. I've modelled her on a 5'10" person which is tall for a female. I didn't want her to look too small in a cockpit but also wanted it a little shorter than the male pilots. I think it will work.

cheers
Patti

Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 AM
jymster

Hi Patti,

You are right, I certainly don't have the time to be building the Fury, it is my mate's project. I am actually just helping him to find a photo of the pilot, as usually I am good at finding that kind of thing on the web. But Mr. Paxton is a tricky one. The Fury will be 1/4 scale, and will stand 32†tall, with a 98†span, weighing in at 32lbs with a working liquid cooled V12 up front. Let's just say that he is a very ambitious bloke!

James.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:06 AM
P4Patti

I've got a couple of pics of the female body and a screen capture of her in 3D development. The arm wire hasn't been trimmed and the head that is on the body is a very, very early one of Hanna Reisch. It was rough but the only female head I had to put on the body and it looked really wrong with a male head!!!! When I did her measurements to start making clothing patterns it turns out that her vital statistics are 38/25/40. That is more realistic than Barbie and I'm guessing would be the envy of a lot of women - and probably quite appealing the the gentlemen as well . Anyway, it was fun creating her and the first mould has been made.

Katherine has been busy over the last few days creating an RAF Irvin jacket to go over the RAF uniform. I'm also finishing off a parachute harness which will complement these fighter pilots.

I'm going to take a couple of weeks and make a concentrated effort on turning out a P-47 from Richard's moulds. I have just started a forum here on RCUniverse http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11033679
I'm hoping that this will be flyable, not finished and painted though, in 2-3 weeks then I can get back on with pilots. I have a list of heads to create and 1/4 and 1/3 scale female bodies. With the female bodies they then need hands and boots/shoes to fit so a whole new lot of cutting and moulding but I'm really excited about the possibilities.

I hope these body pics don't violate any rules on this forum.

cheers
Patti

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11533.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1748592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc90970.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1748593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80405.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1748594  
Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 AM
ece8893

Location: Abu DhabiUnited Arab Emirates, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

Female Pilot... its look great,Patti !
Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 AM
geezeraviation
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patti, I'm not real sure but I may have dated her sister.
Doc
Old 04-12-2012, 03:11 AM
P4Patti

Gremlins again! I posted but it hasn't shown up. Hey Doc, good for you

Here are some pics of George with his "mini me"

cheers
Patti

Name:	Zx70575.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1749380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99058.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1749381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns43624.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1749382  
Old 05-19-2012, 03:16 PM
wayne d
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Patti, please post your website in your signature line again, Thanks.
I'll be needind a japanese pilot soon.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: P4Patti

Gremlins again! I posted but it hasn't shown up. Hey Doc, good for you

Here are some pics of George with his ''mini me''

cheers
Patti
Hey Patti, I met George at the "Joe Nall" fly-in this week. Come to find out I've meet him several year ago in Florida too. Anyhow his pilot does look alot like him. Really nice guy. (both of them LOL)
BTW, George's Cessna is kick butt nice!!!

Kelly
Old 05-19-2012, 08:10 PM
wayne d

Patti
I'm not sure if you are still making pilots anymore from reading back a few pages but I hope you still are. If you are, can you tell me how to order a japanese 1/4 scale pilot figure for a 1/4 scale Meister Scale Zero?
Old 05-20-2012, 04:18 AM
P4Patti

Hi Wayne - I'm not taking any new orders at the moment I'm sorry. I have taken all the pages of the website down except for the home page.

The pilot making is actually quite a complex operation involving, and needing, all 3 of us - Katherine, Richard and myself. Katherine has recently signed up for university and starts in July which means I lose my sewer. The sewing and painting is very time consuming and I cannot find anyone who wants to help, or is able to. As I mentioned in post #457 I've been putting together a P-47 from our own moulds and it is so exciting to see it come together so quickly I've become a bit of a plane tragic! I love going out and being part of the flying and I love the art side of painting and weathering the planes especially now that all the panel and rivet detail is moulded in. I'm not a builder but this method of making a mould and being able to quickly reproduce them has completely sucked me in

Richard has always been a builder and flyer and the pilots started from his need so he's still wanting to spend his time building planes rather than pilots, other than for his own needs. We all work full time as well so there just isn't the time to do it all. I've agonized over the decision for weeks but since Katherine's change in direction that was really the final straw. I think we're all a little burnt out as well.

I understand the need for pilots but the need is so varied - different scales, uniforms, nationalities, eras - it's never ending which is wonderful in the variety but a lot of time spent developing new and different things that may or may not be used again for a long time. I'm currently working through and filling my orders but after that I'm very much looking forward to helping develop new plugs and moulds for a list of exciting plane projects.

Kelly, George has been a great customer - very patient I still have a 1/4 scale head of him to paint for his Mustang. He has terrific looking models.

I've had an amazing time making the pilots and I can't say that I wont go back to it sometime in the future - maybe when I retire! But for the meantime I'm looking forward to my own flying projects.

cheers
Patti
Old 05-20-2012, 10:42 AM
wayne d

I'm saddened to hear that you are stopping production, But I understand.
Guess I should have ordered one last year.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:11 AM
TSHARK203
My Feedback: (206)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes yes I too am sadden to hear that Patti is not doing any more pilots. I love the ones that I have here and had a few more on order. I love the mini me she had done for my cessna. I got a ton of complents on the pilots and the plane at Joe Nall this past weekend. I hope that she is able to start up production again at some point an time in the future.
George

Name:	Wu61514.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	1764191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74824.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1764192  
Old 08-28-2014, 09:01 PM
[email protected]

Hi Patti, I would be interested in a 1/5 scale female pilot for my Tiger Moth if you would be so kind as to reply to me, I understand you must be extremely busy but would appreciate you reply, kindest regards, kell steinman
Old 08-29-2014, 12:57 PM
spidernad
My Feedback: (28)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi Patti, I would be interested in a 1/5 scale female pilot for my Tiger Moth if you would be so kind as to reply to me, I understand you must be extremely busy but would appreciate you reply, kindest regards, kell steinman
If you read above, Patti stopped making pilots years ago. : (