RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Scale Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/)
-   -   Best scale photo! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-scale-aircraft-169/509567-best-scale-photo.html)

sebo 02-14-2010 05:00 PM

RE: Best scale photo!

Way to go.......thanks for telling him!

stagger123 03-02-2010 12:12 AM

i just want to see what you guys say dont get mad http://www.aerojunkies.com/users/360...0/100_0859.JPG

Tango Juliet 03-02-2010 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Compositionally, I think it could be better. I prefer the aircraft to fill more of the frame to put the emphasis on the aircraft. Similar to this (I know, "No Pilot" ruins it):

stagger123 03-02-2010 07:37 AM

thanks tango iam leanring slow but sure

SDCrashmaster 03-02-2010 02:19 PM

Tango...your Super Cub shot is very believable. And, as the pilot would be in the back seat, it's so dark in there that you really don't sense his absence.

US185Damiani 03-02-2010 03:52 PM

Hey there Crash, Super Cub solos from the front seat

SDCrashmaster 03-02-2010 04:13 PM

Well there you go. Shows you what I know.

Tango...WHERE"S THE PILOT?:)

US185Damiani 03-02-2010 06:05 PM

LOL

Tango Juliet 03-02-2010 06:19 PM

Actually, it's an Aeronca Champ, and I believe they are flown from the front seat.

This particular model was built by three different excellent craftsman as a group effort, none of whom are still living. It was recently aquired by a club member from one of the builders' sons. Although the detail and craftsmanship is of the highest order, we don't think any of them gave much thought to actually flying it. Internal servo horns and linkages were not up to snuff and required quite a bit of retro-fitting before a flight could occur. Most recently the rudder servo linkage failed, but luckily it happened while still on the ground.

dhal22 03-02-2010 06:55 PM

glad to see this thread back. pretty much quit looking at the newer threads. also glad to the the heat kept on the infidels who dare to post planes not inline with the threads requirements.

US185Damiani 03-03-2010 08:43 AM

You are quite correct Tango Juliet,  I made my comment without looking at the pic! LOL

uncljoe 03-08-2010 11:57 AM

A local Sun Valley Flyers Curtis Jenny ... Since it an ARF It must go don't want to up-set the "Experts"

uncljoe 03-08-2010 11:59 AM

Guys Don't know whats up with RCU but I down loaded these as I normally do .
Semper Fi
Joe
If you click on a photograph they are reduced to a smaller size but still large .

Tango Juliet 03-08-2010 12:08 PM

For any of you shooters in or near the central Florida region, there's an R/C WWI rondezvous this coming weekend March 12-13, the "Blue Max" at Planes of Fame. Unfortunately for me, it's just too far to go and I've already started planning for Joe Nall this year so it's not in the budget.

SDCrashmaster 03-09-2010 12:55 AM

Here's a good one linked to from the Florida Jets 2010 thread. Sometimes people in the photo can actually contribute to the illusion;)
http://origin-images.rcuniverse.com/...14/Ax73090.jpg

abufletcher 03-09-2010 04:56 AM

As far as scale models go, that Jenny is a horrible BARFy ARF. These would be welcome on "models in flight" thread but, if we're being consistent and not playing favorites, these photos should get ripped to shreds on this "scale photos" thread.

And, Paul, you're absolutely right about the people. But that model has to be HUGE anyway!

SDCrashmaster 03-09-2010 12:36 PM

Not that incredibly huge...110" ws.

Deadeye 03-21-2010 01:01 PM

OK, guys. It's time to knock off the personal attacks! If I have to spend my Sunday afternoon cleaning up all the negative crap, I just might be ticked off enough to lock this thread. Those of you who have posted personal attacks have until tomorrow to clean it up.

uncljoe 03-23-2010 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
P 47 Fairchild Thunderbolt 8th AF meet Mesa Arizona
Semper Fi

mark fadely 03-23-2010 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

P 47 Fairchild Thunderbolt 8th AF meet Mesa Arizona
Semper Fi
Great shots Joe! I like the panning effect and the slower shutter speed for a nicely blurred prop. The backgrounds are amazing.

uncljoe 04-12-2010 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heavy Metal Arizona style.....:D:)

rcphotog 04-13-2010 11:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh Yeah!....Here's Heavy Metal Southern California style.....:D

scale dail 04-14-2010 12:13 AM

I like that one! R.I.P.

taneliaikas 04-17-2010 11:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<span style="font-size: small; "><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; ">Some photos from Finland, Northern Europe.</span></span>

Ram-bro 04-17-2010 11:42 PM

now those I would say are good, so good that someone needs to say,' is it live or memorex?"

taneliaikas 04-17-2010 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<span style="font-size: small; "><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; ">Ultimate 300 KL</span></span>

Dean rcu 04-18-2010 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nighttime Comanche.

Tango Juliet 04-18-2010 04:33 PM

Not bad, but I think a smaller Aperture would've helped it. Then the hangar would've been in focus also, as would normally be the case in a photo taken by the average Joe with a Point and Shoot camera at the airport.

SDCrashmaster 04-18-2010 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: taneliaikas

<span style=''font-size: small; ''><span style=''font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; ''> Some photos from Finland, Northern Europe.</span></span>
That F-15 has quite a smoke system in it. Which turbines is it using and what are you using for smoke fluid?
Nice stuff!
Paul

abufletcher 04-18-2010 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Tango Juliet
Not bad, but I think a smaller Aperture would've helped it. Then the hangar would've been in focus also, as would normally be the case in a photo taken by the average Joe with a Point and Shoot camera at the airport.
So the goal is to purposely take bad photos, just because the average Joe takes bad photos?

abufletcher 04-18-2010 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster
That F-15 has quite a smoke system in it. Which turbines is it using and what are you using for smoke fluid?
That's not "smoke." It's a contrail. And the contents are a secret known only to a small powerful group in the shadow government. :D

Tango Juliet 04-18-2010 07:14 PM

IMO, if the goal is to pass off the model as though it were a full scale aircraft, then yes, the image itself should add to that effect.

abufletcher 04-18-2010 07:26 PM

Maybe we should require that all photos posted on this thread be made with a disposable camera.

Tango Juliet 04-18-2010 07:35 PM

Abu - Are you just trying to stir the pot? Or have you forgotten what the point of this thread is? I've seen your craftsmanship when it comes to building your WWI aircraft, and you spare little expense at creating a model that would pass as the real thing. The point of this particular photo thread is to provide that same sense of "the real thing". All I'm saying is that the posted image would be more passable if the illusion that it were taken by the average Joe with a Point and Shoot or Disposable camera had been maintained. It doesn't have to be taken with a disposable camera for the illusion that it was. This thread is about outstanding scale models and skilled photography.

abufletcher 04-18-2010 08:46 PM

I think at this point, this thread is mostly about kvetching. I usually don't bother with it anymore. That's my feeling both as a modeler and a photographer.

sebo 04-18-2010 09:16 PM

I don't know what kevetchig is but I like to see more pitchers and less criticizizm

taneliaikas 04-18-2010 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

ORIGINAL: taneliaikas

<span style=""><span style="" comic="" sans="">Some photos from Finland, Northern Europe.</span></span>
Nice stuff!
Paul
<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; ">Sorry, I'm only photographer &amp; airshow manager..

</span><span style="font-size: small; "><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; ">Grunau Baby at Jami Airfield, Finland.</span></span>
<br type="_moz" />

abufletcher 04-18-2010 11:16 PM

Sweet photos and cool models! Thanks. Now, let the kvetching begin.

rwright142 04-19-2010 06:53 AM

Some people only troll through this thread to kvetch. That's the 2nd best part of this thread! Sure the pictures are great most of the time, but I just love to read when someone whines about the grass not being scale or when I imagine them zooming in so they can see non-scale items and they comment on it like they're a posting monitor LOL.
I'm waiting for someone to complain about the glider above. It's a great looking plane but someone will mention he should not have posted the picture with him launching it because that is not scale unless he is about 25 feet tall. LOL Well, I guess I just ruined it because the offenders will read this and won't post. Darn... ;)

Phlip 04-19-2010 07:01 AM

<h3>In the words of Winnie-the-Poo, "OH-BAA-ther."

People, <font color="#0000ff">here is the point</font>: the photos posted here are supposed to look like photos of a full-scale aircraft, doing what it does naturally as it would be photographed by a full-scale person, be he a professional photographer or just an amateur.  So most of the previous glider photos, while they are good photography and well made models and it looks like fun, <font color="#0000ff">don't belong here!</font>  But what is driving many of us crazy is the nitpicking (kvetching) over small issues like the depth of field of a nightime shot in front of a hangar or whether a model looks better in flight or on the ground, or whether it has a 2 or 3 bladed prop or any visible control linkages, etc etc.

So here is my question:  Are we supposed to not post a photo unless it is in the running for the "Best scale photo" ever?  Or are we supposed to post our own "Best scale photo?"  Because there is a big difference in what I have.  That's why I've never posted a photo here.</h3>