Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New tank from Taigen! T34/76! Metal version!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New tank from Taigen! T34/76! Metal version!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 04:49 AM
mcovalsk

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like this is based on the WSN/Trumpeter which makes the stuff better and accurate that the HL, amazing piece I wish I could get my hands on one of this.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:37 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in for some tracks, wheels and arms...
Old 01-25-2014, 05:53 AM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TAIGEN, You guys are totally leaving HL in the DUST. This Tank is awesome!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:41 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mcovalsk
Looks like this is based on the WSN/Trumpeter which makes the stuff better and accurate that the HL, amazing piece I wish I could get my hands on one of this.
Looks exactly like my plastic HL T-34, right down to the markings on the fuel drums, wood saw and turret periscopes. Besides the metal, it's exactly the same.

....and I want one
Old 01-25-2014, 09:31 AM
tinviper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be buying this tank! I had a feeling you guys would be doing something like this. Up till now there has not been a decent offering in the T-34/85! I just hope you can do your best to keep the prices in the 350 to 450 range. Because if they get up around 650 I wont be able to buy as many tanks. I already have an early all metal tiger 1 and plan on buying the all metal tiger 2 , the all metal t-34/85, and if an all metal panther is released one of those. I would also definitely buy an all metal T-55. And of course if you guys ever did do an all metal Maus or e-100 I would definitely spend up to 800 bucks if not more on one of those.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Sturmhauptfuhrer

I'd like to see you all do a make over on the HL's Sherman M4A3...............it's just a thought.

Also, is this T34/85 an HC series tank? Love the easy access.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:32 AM
wright 971

Have been told by a supplier that there is a metal Sherman coming soon

regards pete
Old 01-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Dusty Steppes

An optional T34/76 turret would be sweet!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
An optional T34/76 turret would be sweet!
For the WSN, but you might be able to convert it. Or, he might be developing one for the HL hull, now that HL has a T-34/85.

http://www.panzerparts.com/product_i...34-85-WSN.html
Old 01-25-2014, 03:32 PM
vonmarshall
My Feedback: (1)

This is excellent news. A real treat to look forward to. Cannot wait to see inside it!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:37 PM
YHR

I agree on the 76 turret. I purchased a $100 static kit just for this turret.

Of all the announcements so far this metal T-34 chassis is the winner in my books. I've always thought this would be a winner because this gives a guy the ability to buy the chassis and build some really nice RC tanks using the trumpeter static kits. The end result will be RC tanks that are superior to the Tamiya Tanks or at least on par with no excuses.

Well done to Taigen for seeing the light on this one. Now we as tankers need to put our money where are mouth is and support the effort.

As I have mentioned at the end of the day people need to see a profit. If they don't, it will be on to quad copters for these guys. As has been said so many times, this is such a niche market will the support of all of us be enough.

Some of the Taigen/Imex promotion I have trouble with as this stuff is not really new, just new to distributing to North America, but Imex is doing exactly what is needed to grow this hobby and my hats off to them for that. They are supplying tanks to hobby shops and are standing behind the products they are distributing with a suggested retail price that allows the shops to make a dollar.

What I have found in this branch of the hobby, is people want something for nothing, and the problem with that business model is it does not support the manufacturing base required to grow the hobby.

I don't personally know anyone at Taigen, but we can be thankful they share our passion for tanks. That is the same reason I support Mato as well. Without the principles of these companies sharing our passion for RC tanks, we would not have much choice. I know it is more then profit that drives these initiatives, and for that I am thankful. I guess I need to include Tamiya in this praise as well. If it wasn't for old man Tamiya they would have left these tanks behind.

Cheers

Last edited by YHR; 01-25-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:48 PM
YHR

Originally Posted by philipat
For the WSN, but you might be able to convert it. Or, he might be developing one for the HL hull, now that HL has a T-34/85.

That is a great posting as well. I was going to cast a bunch of these turrets myself, but this is decent price for what you get. Yahoo, next to the Sherman the T-34 76 is my favorite tank. I am a happy camper, and I know there are some other annoucements soon that will even broaden my smile, and hopefully some of you too.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:04 PM
MODELMAN2

It will have HC easy off top ..Same as Tiger 1 And Steel 4 in 1 Gearset
Old 01-26-2014, 06:10 AM
Dusty Steppes

I have been looking at the Trumpeter models with the intent of making an RC tank but with Taigen announcing this release and your link I need to rethink the matter.

Will that headlight be released as a spare part?
Thinking of replacing the headlight on my KV-1.

Last edited by Dusty Steppes; 01-26-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:01 AM
MODELMAN2

Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
I have been looking at the Trumpeter models with the intent of making an RC tank but with Taigen announcing this release and your link I need to rethink the matter.

Will that headlight be released as a spare part?
Thinking of replacing the headlight on my KV-1.
Hello All parts will be available separate ...At the same time we ship the tank
Old 01-26-2014, 07:42 PM
askalaw

I thought HL and Taigen are the same company XD,
but metal lower hull is sweet! I want to see the hull inside, but I can assume it will be same as plastic one??
Old 01-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Strato50

Looks like a metal insert inside of a plastic shell, much the same as other metal-hull lowers. You might see this same sentiment on RCU, plastic outsides are good for people who want to mod and alter things more easily! The metal helps eliminate flex & makes for a smooth ride.

Inside pics would be awesome when they are possible
Old 01-26-2014, 07:50 PM
MODELMAN2

Originally Posted by askalaw
i thought hl and taigen are the same company xd,
but metal lower hull is sweet! I want to see the hull inside, but i can assume it will be same as plastic one??
totally seperate companies >>>> no ownership connections
Old 01-27-2014, 06:33 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Strato50
Those wheels are gorgeous :P Very cool, I like.

I watched the 360 turret video and it has recoil! Are you using the white Asiatam / Taigen unit in this too?
Yes all of our future tanks will be available in both airsoft and infrared. Yes the unit is our own.

Originally Posted by mcm308
WOW.. This is my next tank! I am so happy I didnt get the plastic HL. Will this be available in kit form? I assume the price is going to be about the same as the metal Tiger 1 ? I hope this comes out in a raw kit form that we can paint ourselves. Thanks
No kit form as the bossman said below, it will be RTR. No prices yet, announcements will come as release gets closer.

Yep...I like it. How about a version that is unpainted or in a kit form? Or, if you want to do something different for the paint job, how about T-34/85 from the NKPA (North Korea People's Army)?

Airsoft, too? (Say yes)

Edit: I like the lense on the headlamp.
I will see on the unpainted versions, but most probably that will need to be special ordered. PM me if you are interested.
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo12
Will the metal wheels, suspension arms and springs be available separately?
Yes. I'll get more info on them as I get them. I'll make sure to take them apart and get some info for everyone like usual.
okay...thanks. how about a Korean War paint scheme for something different?
That will be something you might have to do. Once again if you want a custom paint job, PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Originally Posted by YHR
I want the metal chassis,suspension arms and chassis for sure.

Dan
Deal. I'll make sure you have a set saved.
Originally Posted by wsn123
Great news !
Thanks for posting
- what kind of suspension will be inside - metal swing arms with torsion bars as it was in Taigen Tiger I ?,
-are all wheels will be with ball bearings?
-what type of gearboxes- steel 4:1 or other?
- when the tank will be available in USA or/and in Europe?
Suspension will be our loved torsion bars like in our Tiger 1. Metal suspension arms are included as well. Road wheels will include bearings, and the gearboxes will be 4:1 steel. The tank we are hoping to have shipping by the end of Q2. All the tooling is done and production is already under way.

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 01-27-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:42 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by ausf
I'm in for some tracks, wheels and arms...
Deal. I'll make sure you get some as well as pictures asap.
Originally Posted by ROLLIN ARMOUR
TAIGEN, You guys are totally leaving HL in the DUST. This Tank is awesome!
Thanks! We have been working on this one for a while
Originally Posted by tinviper
I will be buying this tank! I had a feeling you guys would be doing something like this. Up till now there has not been a decent offering in the T-34/85! I just hope you can do your best to keep the prices in the 350 to 450 range. Because if they get up around 650 I wont be able to buy as many tanks. I already have an early all metal tiger 1 and plan on buying the all metal tiger 2 , the all metal t-34/85, and if an all metal panther is released one of those. I would also definitely buy an all metal T-55. And of course if you guys ever did do an all metal Maus or e-100 I would definitely spend up to 800 bucks if not more on one of those.
Well we still have more stuff planned for this year, just stay tuned!
Originally Posted by Sturmhauptfuhrer
I'd like to see you all do a make over on the HL's Sherman M4A3...............it's just a thought.
I'll mention this to bossman.
Also, is this T34/85 an HC series tank? Love the easy access.
Yes this will be an HC tank. I'll make sure the latch system gets documented as well. The HC series is a big deal to me, I am always tweaking things here and there.
Originally Posted by wright 971
Have been told by a supplier that there is a metal Sherman coming soon

regards pete
Oh really? I haven't heard such a thing lol. Remember, if the bossman or myself don't announce it, don't trust them. Rumors are rumors. I'm not saying it will or won't happen, I just dont want to have a repeat of a few other manufacturers I can think of...
Originally Posted by vonmarshall
This is excellent news. A real treat to look forward to. Cannot wait to see inside it!
Thanks again!
Originally Posted by askalaw
I thought HL and Taigen are the same company XD,
but metal lower hull is sweet! I want to see the hull inside, but I can assume it will be same as plastic one??
It will be like our normal metal upgraded hulls, plastic on outside and metal on inside and lower.
Looks like a metal insert inside of a plastic shell, much the same as other metal-hull lowers. You might see this same sentiment on RCU, plastic outsides are good for people who want to mod and alter things more easily! The metal helps eliminate flex & makes for a smooth ride.
Inside pics would be awesome when they are possible
%100 agree with you. Man now waiting for my demo is even worst lol.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:37 AM
Strato50

Oh I hate being the squeaky wheel heh... :P

I'm just a little curious about the supposed torsion bars on a T-34. The real one did not have torsion bars, so the road wheels had even uniform spacing relative to the sprockets... they lined up.

HL released their Panzer III with even road wheels despite the full scale torsion bar tank having offset wheels. The Tiger, King Tiger and Panther solved the spacing issue by having one side's swing arms face forward.

The pictures so far show even wheel spacing from what my eyes can tell! Hoping for interior pictures Erik :P

...yes we're a market full of perfectionists and squeaky wheels hehe... but as usual you've made great effort in listening to us tankers and I think most of us do appreciate the work you're doing
Old 01-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Imex-Erik

Oh I hate being the squeaky wheel heh... :P

I'm just a little curious about the supposed torsion bars on a T-34. The real one did not have torsion bars, so the road wheels had even uniform spacing relative to the sprockets... they lined up.

HL released their Panzer III with even road wheels despite the full scale torsion bar tank having offset wheels. The Tiger, King Tiger and Panther solved the spacing issue by having one side's swing arms face forward.

The pictures so far show even wheel spacing from what my eyes can tell! Hoping for interior pictures Erik :P

...yes we're a market full of perfectionists and squeaky wheels hehe... but as usual you've made great effort in listening to us tankers and I think most of us do appreciate the work you're doing
Thanks! I'll make sure and get more pictures asap. Probably about 2 weeks or so I'll have a lot more info.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:51 PM
maintcoder

This tank looks great! I will be keeping my eye out for when they are available.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:14 PM
siam

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	T34 SUS.gif
Views:	856
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1967566   Click image for larger version

Name:	T34 SUS 2.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	1967567   Click image for larger version

Name:	T34-041.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	1967568   Click image for larger version

Name:	T34-042.jpg
Views:	863
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1967569   Click image for larger version

Name:	T34-047.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1967570  
Old 02-10-2014, 11:17 PM
siam

Strato 50 is correct. There are no torsion bars in the real T34.

Last edited by siam; 02-10-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.