Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Newbie with aproblem need help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Newbie with aproblem need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 06:03 PM
boothy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with aproblem need help

First post on here come to think of it first RC model for 20+ years.

Have bought for Xmas a HENG LONG TIGER with sound smoke etc with plans to upgrade etc. have used for 2-3- hours and appear now to have a loose connection where the cables connect to the battery leading from the underside of the tank.(ie "wiggle it "and it works

I ordered the tank via mail order and do not want to send back for a "simple" repair how do i dismantle (step by step if possible)

so i can access this to solder it back and if possilble any other simple mods i can do while i have got it in bits .

Also any body with pics etc to give me ideas of how to mod in the future more spped better sound etc

By the way can you get any more smoke out of the standard unit as it does seem a bit weak

Old 12-26-2006, 06:08 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newbie with aproblem need help

Searching this and the MTG forums will provide you with all the information/pictures you need. For the Tiger you have to remove the tracks first by pushing a pin out of each side's link. then remove the forward 2 screws on either underside sponson and finally a screw on the bottom up front and two in the rear. Then carefully separate the two hulls, disconnecting the antenna wire and wiring harness to the upper hull/turret. You can test the tank with the upper hull off at short distances. Have Fun!