Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

My Gift To You - Mato Toys M4A1(76)W

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My Gift To You - Mato Toys M4A1(76)W

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:19 PM
ArmChairGeneral

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My Gift To You - M4A1(76)W

Do you know if Matorro plans to upgrade its crappy electronics? They do a great job with paint and detail and then we have to put HL electronics in to make it serviceable.
Thanks for all the info James.

Paul
Old 01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
RMSINSD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lulubelle will be the one I want. I met a pot-bellied pig named Lulubelle in North Carolina once, but that's another story. Speaking of IR, as someone did earlier, is there any possibility of making it compatible with existing systems, say for instance the HL system. It seems counter-productive to have an HL, a Mato, a Tamiya and other 3rd party IR systems that don't interact well...
Old 01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
killick64

We could also use Shermans with Hedgerow Cutters, "Flail" Shermans, TankDozens, M10 and M36 TD's (B1 and B2), DD Shermans... And think of all the "Markings" that will be needed for the different Countries (the USA, Britain, Canada, France, Poland, the USSR) and the Theatres involved (North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Europe, the Eastern Front, the Pacific) !!

Heck, the Chinese even had Shermans! (Chinese Ist Provisional Tank Group, Burma 1944)...

James, THANK YOU!!! You've completely made my Day.....!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Who's going to be the first to make a fully working DD Sherman?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:50 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

swathdiver ,

I second what was mentioned above about the IR system..

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ... since you have proven/stated that you have input with the factory... PLEASE ENCOURAGE them to
make the IR system COMPATIBLE with the current systems....

SO many of us that are battling with IR find it counterproductive to have more and more systems..
Can i play my Xbox Games on Nintendo and Playstation ???

Same thing...

Please encourage them.... It is nice that DBU's (Darkith Battle Units), and also EL-MOD will work with TAMIYA and vice versa...

HOPE that HL/WSN/MATORRO follow suit.....

-TOMAS
TX ARMOR
www.texasarmor.com
www.bomberfieldusa.com
www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 01-14-2009, 06:26 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks James.

You hinted to me that this was coming. I have sent numerous emails to them as well, about the Sherman and especially over an IR system that is compatible with Tamiya. IF they do this with the Sherman there will be no looking back. Very good of you to model up the suspension, It will be interesting to see how it compares to the FOV version.

I guess they will be hitting the shelves in a month. WOW what a surprise!!!!!! I thought we would have to wait 6 months. They are calling this a Mato release. Is there any difference between Matorro and Mato????? In their email to me they seemed proud of it being a Mato release.

Whats up with the gears. Standard Heng Long or something plastic?????

I have heard that Murphy at Mato is a real tank nut. That is why I am quick to defend them. He is kind of like one of us. I just don't understand why Mattoro tend to use less durable insides then a standard Heng Long. THat is my biggest complaint. You tend to get a nice model for a premium price, that you need to gut and put in new internals.

Heck I would rather they leave the electronics and gears to me. Just sell me the tank.!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Panzerfaust77

Ok now do a Valentine please
Old 01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
NitroAssassin

that's cool swathdiver! Although i'm a huge german tank enthusiast, I wouldn't mind adding one of your new ones to the list. I'd park it between my 2 tigers and watch it wilt haha
Old 01-14-2009, 07:21 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

James,

Congratulations & thanks for the excellent post today. It was great news to see first thing in the morning.

I'll be buying a few myself as soon as they'll out.

Chuck
Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

ORIGINAL: NitroAssassin

that's cool swathdiver! Although i'm a huge german tank enthusiast, I wouldn't mind adding one of your new ones to the list. I'd park it between my 2 tigers and watch it wilt haha
Here you go Nitro. You can always paint some crosses on one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85627.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	1110905  
Old 01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
buggy27

Oh my the possibilities are endless....now we can have a real battle instead of using the Pershing.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
timslocum

Great news!!Can't wait to get one. Im not completely familiar with the various shermans and their model numbers, is one of these new Shermans a welded hull version??
Old 01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
NitroAssassin

ORIGINAL: herrmill

ORIGINAL: NitroAssassin

Here you go Nitro. You can always paint some crosses on one.

Excellent idea I was wondering if there was a captured version of it.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Oh boy...

I'll pass on the Grant/Lee's, unless I plan on making one of each of the 'Haunted Tank' variants (how come no-one mentions 'em, eh?) but I seriously want an M36. The MaxTraxx turret stunk scalewise (it was more out of scale than the Mato M41A3!) even if the detailing was great. I'd be halfway satisfied with an M10, as it would get me the chassis, and I hope I can still get a turret off of Tiff.

I have to be skeptical of the 16 variants though... and as Lulubelle is listed as one, I have to assume it means that its 16 tanks with the VVSS type intermediate bogie system. If Mato is going that far, they could also make M4 & M5 gun tractors (based on the M4 & M4 chassis respectively) for field arty movement. I know one of the SoCal groups has some field arty built, with wheeled carriages, and one of those would be prime for its introduction.

I also have to agree 100% with YHR, that the RAM body-style is muchly deserved. Has anyone shown Murphy the [link=http://www.1cacr.org/]1CACR[/link]CACR & [link=http://www.mapleleafup.org/intro.html]MapleLeafUp[/link] websites? The Ram Kangaroos have been in the shado too long, and the brief glimpse we get of one moving through a town in 'Patton' does them minimal justice. The monument at Mill, Holland will hopefully be be duplicated with another here in Canada (there ~are~ plans & a fund for it, guys) and perhaps then the Canadian Sherman will get its recognition, even if not as the tank it was designed to be (it was supposedly the M4A5)

Murphy, is there an M36 (obviously w/ armor'd roof panels) in the works for us? PLEASE tell us its so!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Leon01

A big Tank you er Thank you swathdiver.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 PM
timslocum

Are any of these new Shermans welded hull?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Actually, the M4 & M5 gun tractors or prime movers were based on a modified M5 Stuart chassis. The M6 did resemble an M4 chassis, but it alone was it's own special chassis.

The M4's and M4A3's had the welded hull as well as other variants. Only the M4A1 (like the first prototype pictured from Mato) has the cast hull.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

I actually bought that movie last year. Great movie
Old 01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
philipat

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

Tamiya has the HVSS for the Korean era tanks. We didn't forget the pacific tankers! M4 composite with high bustle turret and T49 tracks! They also had M4A3 but I think we'll leave it to the tanker to add hull planking and cement! What fun would it be if Matorro did ALL the work for you? There's an early M4A2 too.

Lees and Grants should be the same as North African versions. We didn't get that CRAZY by making M3A3s and M3A5s and such! I'm sure you could scrape off the rivets and change the rear deck without too much work if you wanted an M3A3!
Dang!! I can't afford the Tamiyas and they don't have an airsoft!

But, good news on the WWII Pacific theater options.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 PM
War-Hammer7

What a great Christmas present you have helped give to the the RC tanking community. Tank you Swath.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been my pleasure fellas!

Yes, the main requirement for the IR system is to be Tamiya compatible, that's a no-brainer! A pet peeve of mine is that apple, I'm pushing to have it made into a tank commander! This release will be airsoft, then later releases will have it.

WhiteWolf- We didn't think the M7 Priest would be real popular, but you could modify an M3 into one.

YHR- This is a Mato Toys release. This tank wouldn't have been had it not been for Murphy. He's been the driving force to get everything done!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
timslocum

Quote "YHR - Yes, this is Matorro product made in huge factory that can handle big numbers if need be"

If need be!!.....if need be...!! Yes...Big numbers!!! I dont want to wait long time to get mine. Im going out on a limb here and saying that demand is going to be VERY high.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:30 PM
YHR

I don't mind the apple. The Heng Long sensor if it had LED's in it would be a good size. Having a commander standing in the hatch in the heat of battle isn't very prototypical either.. One of the major things it needs to do to emulate the Tamiya system is standardize the apple. Its height is a key factor. You just take them off when not in use, so they don't detract from the appearance when the models are on display. As soon as you start putting them in commanders, then you need to start worrying about nationalities of the commanders. They become less transferrable. An Apple you can stick on anything.

So does Matorro mean plastic gears like in the Tiger????
Old 01-15-2009, 01:22 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Arrgg...

Panther F:

Damn, I always get them all mixed up. Stuart had the two bogies & large low idler, but the Sherman-like body/turret, where the Lee/Grant had the Sherman-like bogies & idlers with that butt-ugly lop-sided body with its 75mm hanging off one side in a WW1-like sponson! That shared similarity to the Sherman messes me up every time. [sm=tongue_smile.gif] [sm=red_smile.gif] *sigh*

Agreed... I wonder if they will make us some Stuarts as well. We can still make arty tractors from the Lee/Grant as the M33, but I'd prefer to make it from the Stuart. Wouldn't be hard to make it from the Lee/Grant... You listening Murphy? That or someone will make us a conversion pretty fast... right?

YHR:

You're right, you could use the M7's... then there are the M12 GMC's w/ their 155mm's, Brit BARV's (yea, some were built on the chassis) Heck, you could even make early Priest-'roo's from the 'defrocked' Priest's that were used briefly in Italy.

The possibilities keep opening more and more... but I hope Murphy considers the M7's and M12's, we need some arty! I can just see 'em using the 6mm paintballs to 'splatter' their targets! Wheee!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:22 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Here's what you do with the apple..it affects the combat specs zero, I've been doing it for years. Again, I will not get in an argument over lowered apples. And I totally agree, HL and Matorro need to make their IR system compatable with the Tamiya system.
As for the tank in the photo, he was captured on the East front, don't know when. Saw one photo years ago of him. He had the Pzkw4 7.5cm in him, and the minimum two colour cammo scheme was quite obvious. And I well remember the track hangers on the turret, albeit with different tracks. There is also a photo extant of a KV, if memory serves a KV 76, with the Pzkw4 7.5cm in him also, although not as well done as the Sherm photo I saw. Sherm was up armoured with battlefield scrap, the one side I saw definately had a large piece of a T34 attached.
When you get in to swarms of Shermans on the battlefield, then we may have to get in to IFA on some of the heavies. JT is definately IFA, as was the King pretty much. Only way to do that at the moment is tape off the apple. Would be nice to eventually have some kind of "adjustable" apple with different values for front, sides, and rears for hit intensity. Pipe dream? Don't know enough about electronics to say.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18314.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1111252  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.