Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 12:36 PM
IslandSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, Conversions..etc...

Well.. just got news that my parts i ordered are on thw way. (front/rear diff gearing).... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... Now i just need a good engine to go with it...... (.21 to .28).... wheres the suggestions guys?????
Old 04-12-2005, 06:22 PM
crazychris7

the picco .26 is running like a champ.. loads of power

Chris
Old 04-12-2005, 10:18 PM
hybridstone

Yes the picco 26 are awesome!I don't understand why some diss them! I was lookin at your ls after race photo and thinkin you would hate to run up here it's a mudbog the Rd loves his water hose (mulchers are the only tire) What your track base! clay?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:21 PM
sjm
My Feedback: (8)

I had the Wasp .28 and it liked to run at 260 to make good power but that was too hot to be stable. Temp would climb. I kept it under 240 with a little less power. It broke a rod and went thru the case at 1/2 gallon. Now I have a Novarossi .28 3 port and I love it. More bottom end and runs cool, 220
Old 04-13-2005, 12:31 AM
crazychris7

well the out of town track is loamy... dirt stuff no water and theres like little pieces of bark, ceramic tile... all kinds of stuff out there... but pur home track is a sandy clay... dusty around the edges and we're starting to somewhat blue groove the track (finally!) After the Roar gas nats it'll be full blown blue groove... cant wait till i get to meet all these pros... gonna be alot of fun!!! But i love getting my trucks dirty racing... if its not getting brown, drive harder! But i love going to tracks and trying them out.. next year I'll try the RC pro series... its gonna be fun... But i love coming back home from the track and sittin in the garage blasting some ac/dc or the like, rebuilding and cleaning the truck... a great way to wind down after a big day of racing!!! plus when i come home from the track i get to do this all to a 1/8 buggy, the LSRR, my HPI 18ss and my TC4... man i need to get the wife to pop out a kid to help me out... well... maybe not...

Chris
Old 04-13-2005, 09:29 AM
petrolpixie

ORIGINAL: IslandSavage

Well.. just got news that my parts i ordered are on thw way. (front/rear diff gearing).... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... Now i just need a good engine to go with it...... (.21 to .28).... wheres the suggestions guys?????
i would definately vote on the picco 26 too. i havent seen the rb 928 run but i reckon that would be a good motor to run too. only bad thing about the 928 is the price difference. bang for the buck would have to be the picco 26
Old 04-13-2005, 10:01 AM
IslandSavage

Luckily though price isnt an issue for me....
Old 04-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Eracer76

ORIGINAL: crazychris7

the picco .26 is running like a champ.. loads of power

Chris

What kind of run times are you getting with your Picco .26?
I have the LSP with a SH .28 and 15t clutch bell. I love the power it has, its a nice smooth power band, but man does it drink the fuel!

I can only get 7 1/2 min out of my OFNA 145cc tank!
My last race I was running on fumes crossing the finish line during a 15min a-main, it died on the way to the pits
That, and it doesnt hold a good temp, it starts getting hot towards the last 5min of the race and I can tell in the performance.
At the end of my last race it was 285 degrees [X(]

Ive owned a Picco P3 before in my Savage, it was powerfull, but not a very smooth power band.
So....Im thinking on getting a real race engine, maybe a .21 or somthing.

Are you on Hotbodiesforums.com ?
Old 04-13-2005, 10:48 AM
IslandSavage

Thats the prob with runing bigger engines... Im also thinking of getting a Racer .21...like a Novarossi S421B modded from EBMODS
Old 04-13-2005, 02:04 PM
crazychris7

Right now, hopw it is, im getting 5-6 min runs with the stock (125cc?) tank. I can still ealn it up a little more, but as for the heat, check your fuel tubing/fittings for leaks... if you have a leak it will cause your motor to run hotter than usual... and as for HBforum, i look over the postsand such but havent posted anything yet

Chris
Old 04-13-2005, 06:04 PM
hybridstone

Chris will you be racing in the roar gas nats?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:01 PM
crazychris7

im letting my good friend who owns the LHS run my truck in the nats... Hes given me GREAT deals on everything i get AND it gave me a reason to do a few extras to the truck as well Plus if he breaks anything its replaced free, and i got some nitro and free hardened dif replacement (all 3), wheels/tires (thinking 40s with bowties on 23mm hex) AND a new body outta the deal so its all good! But ill be there the whole time helping out and all... plus ill be the one cooking/selling the food (excuse me HB rep, ill trade you a burger and a soda for spare parts or just go up to anyone and see what i can get for free... maybe standing around the pits getting the "old" tires from the pros to "throw away" Like i said before... if anyones planning on coming down, ill help as much as i can

Chris
Old 04-13-2005, 07:23 PM
IslandSavage

Hey Chris..... i went anf found a nice PICCO .26...you got me thinking of getting it... The guys at my LHS said to stay away from it and they dont like it too well....but that doesnt hold weight with me seeing how they told me not to buy a XTM 24/7 PRO, and I LOVE IT!!!!!! What else can you tell me about it... Temp,break-in,low/high end, torque? come on man spill the beans (PROS/CONS/LIKES/DISLIKE).... I might buy it and a Mach26 friday so spill it...lol..
Old 04-13-2005, 09:59 PM
cemeb4dk

Island,

You purchased the Native Racing conversion, Correct? Have you raced with it yet, can you share your thoughts and opinions, how are the cvd's holding up, etc. Do you know if you can just put your 17mm hexes back on their cvd's
Old 04-14-2005, 12:42 AM
crazychris7

well island, 2 is always better than one to me, so i say the picco and mach would be a good choice. The picco is more of a low end grunt/ scraming top end in the LSRR with the stock CB and gearing. I can run it all day under 260 leaned out and running perfect here @ a little above sea level with a #8 plug. They dont give you a sheel or anything telling you how to break it in or anything so i did it like all my others... static no load (on a brick reving it a little, never over 1/4) to 200 deg 4 times. When it gets to 200, shut it down, roll the flywheel to the bottom and let it cool to ambient temp and then crank her up again and do it all over... i do this 4 times, then se t it on the ground and do figure 8s, ovals, stopping every time around and letting it idle for 10 sec then slowly bringing it back up to 1/4 till 200... then roll the flywheel, let it cool down then crank it up and do it again this time to 1/2 throttle, then 3/4... after that, tune it (my picco barely needed anything to run good... 3 hrs top, 2 bottom to my current race tune. I know, some may say this isnt the right way, but Ive done this to all my motors and have never had any probs... crap, i have a P5 with over 8 gals thru it and runs as good as new!

Chris
Old 04-14-2005, 01:28 AM
jbuck
My Feedback: (2)

All right all you Truggy Guys I need HELP.

I plan to get a new racer and I am trying to decide between a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro or a Kanai 2 Conversion Please Help a Rookie out.

Which one will be more durable and handle better? Correct me if I am wrong bu the LSP has extended arm and the K2 would have axel extenders. Which is better???

All of you help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:11 AM
IslandSavage

ORIGINAL: cemeb4dk

Island,

You purchased the Native Racing conversion, Correct? Have you raced with it yet, can you share your thoughts and opinions, how are the cvd's holding up, etc. Do you know if you can just put your 17mm hexes back on their cvd's
I ran it on the track and it handled as expected.. The conversion kit is nicely put together, well done. I still have some gearing issues, but thats gonna be gone seeing how i FINALLY got the gearing i wanted in. It would start off really slow,then take off like a bat out of hell....Im going to use the same front/center/rear diff gearing as a HotBodies Pro truggy to take care of my issue though. Im putting in the front/rear friday night... I havent tried to put the 17mm hexes back on, but yes it is possible. Thats a easy change...
Old 04-14-2005, 06:27 AM
IslandSavage

ORIGINAL: jbuck

All right all you Truggy Guys I need HELP.

I plan to get a new racer and I am trying to decide between a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro or a Kanai 2 Conversion Please Help a Rookie out.

Which one will be more durable and handle better? Correct me if I am wrong bu the LSP has extended arm and the K2 would have axel extenders. Which is better???

All of you help is greatly appreciated.
I went through this same delimma. 1st - If your gonna do a conversion, do it the right way. Buy a conversion kit NOT HUB EXTENDERS... I opted to just converting my Kanai3 instead of dishing out over $500. The kit in all cost me less than $290 (kit,gearing, body mounts,etc...). I already had the Kanai3 so it was no extra money. I also already had a radio and servos. I didnt have an engine but i swapped out the Rex P5 from my MBX5 for now. You really cant say which is better, its more of which you want and like better. The KANAI series is a proven winner. Well designed ,and engineered. So i wasnt worried about that aspect at all. Minus the gearing issue Im having no issues at all, and im gonna fix that friday night. I feel i made the right selection and choice, but thats my experience with it. But like I said before. If your gonne turn a buggy into a truggy, DO IT THE RIGHT WAY....Heres a link to the conversion kit I bought.

http://www.remotecontrolhobby.com/id2.html

Look more on this thread, and you'll see some good pix, and reveiws of both of the truggies your asking about... Enjoy...[8D]
Old 04-14-2005, 12:51 PM
rcblaze

And we have a new contender. The one I was waiting for. Seeing I'm a Ofna guy. The Ofna jammin X1-CRT MT. Sneak Peak in R/C car check it out. LS who .lol just playing you LS guys can come on our bandwagon now. lol Here are some pics if you can make them out from my camera phone. As you can see I'm working really hard today. Anyway they say 4 months. [&o]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22796.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	258142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26208.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	258143  
Old 04-14-2005, 01:25 PM
crazychris7

Ahh bcash, thems some strong words right there... Just think back to what truck did it right the first time... RTR outta the box, no building needed ... and jbuck, its all in deciding if you want to build a truggy or if you want to buy one and run it same day. The kanai kit island has is very nice, but you will need a buggy to do it in the first place. The LSRR/LSP is already done, just throw tires/wheels, steering servo, and the buggy wing on and youre set! But in the end, its your decision... do which one you want to... and can get parts for locally

Chris
Old 04-14-2005, 01:46 PM
rcblaze

Just teasing Crazy C they have the mugen in the mag also which is also gonna be a Kit for the MBX 5. Looks like your safe for this racing season they are a wasy off most likely start seeing them after this season as the pros are racing the new truggies now. It says in the mag the mugen cleaned up with the Ofna coming in 7th.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:09 PM
cemeb4dk

I just ordered my Native racing tomahawk suspension for my K2. Now I have to buy some wheels also, my 17mm dominator wheels are going to make real wide... Probably 23mm dish 40 series with bow ties
Old 04-14-2005, 02:10 PM
crazychris7

Well the mugen kit is going to be available on the 20th of this month, and I will be testing it out, as well as the TTR truggy as soon as it comes out. Im not saying any of them are better (maybe ) but all the kits are pretty much the same except diff platforms theyre built off of. EXCEPT islands and LS's with the arms (MUCH better than extenders IMO). But this is the same as any other RC car... its mostly the driver... You can build the craziest, strongest, fastest truggy ever and put it in the hands of a novice/inneridiot driver and then put a stock LSRR or the like in the hands of a expert/pro and the expert/pro will win. All you need to remeber is slow is fast, you can go full wood down the straight, and go all over, slide around corners and bump the pipe, flip... all that stuff, but the guy that is taking his time around the track, being consistent and not going all over the track will more than likely win... thats how i win... I have people come up to me sometimes after a race saying.. man chris you need to open her up... youre the slowest guy out there.... yea, but the slowst guy out there lapped everyone in a 5 min qualifier

Chris
Old 04-14-2005, 02:12 PM
jbuck
My Feedback: (2)

I have a Revo that I will be tradng for a K2 as soon as I find the Right one. Or I will be buying a LSP. I realize that the buggy is goingto need a conversion. But the LSP is a RTR so it will be using my M8 and different servos. I was just wondering if I should get one over the other??? Which one would be stronger because my LHS carry nothing for 1/8th scale.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:37 PM
rcblaze

Yea I hear yea. I know I have been racing enough to know it's all driver. Thats made pretty clear is this article 2. I think I like this mag. If Drakes LST was in the E-main I can only imagine what the drivers were like. Oh and these Hub extender's look like the one's Ofna has they are not the ones that use a 14mm hex on the end at least thats what the pic looks like. (17mm and not extended so far out). The Ofna also looks to be from the ground up no extenders can't wait. Get this a Dominator was in the main. All driver you said it first I say it again . Any comments Stone I'm just messing with you but you did bash my Dominator hard and said it was so years ago. lol Hey this is a good read if any one wanted to know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.