Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 08:25 PM
crazychris7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, Conversions..etc...

Just look around on the truggy conversions, they will more than likely tell you what gearing to run. In the end, its nice to have a truck you uilt yourself, but when you break something, it can mean the difference between waiting for parts in the mail or a trip to the LHS. If your LHS carris HB parts, they will more than likely be able to get you what you need right away. The LSRR has the same kunckles as the GS, kyosho buggies, lightning buggies, so those are an easy fix. I grabed a set of Racers Edge knuckles for a 777 and they are top notch. But things like diff gears, hub carriers and alot of the other stuff is the same as the Lightning buggy. The diff is the gears, axle shafts, arms, 14mm hubs and a longer chassis for the most part. the bulkheads are more or less the same from what i see, but I havent had a problem with them yet so i'm not sure. Pretty much what I'm saying is getting a factory truck is better in the long run and the prices are reasonable (480 for the HB LSRR is a hard deal to beat) And if you want a bigger motor, pretty much any hot rod .21, .26, .28 exc will drop right in.

Chris
Old 03-13-2005, 08:47 PM
IslandSavage

Good info.. I plan on buying or converting this week...choices for me ar Converting the Kanai3, Hot Bodies, or Storm SUT PRO... Converting wil be cheaper, no LHS here has the parts for the Storm or HB,,(mail Order).... They do carry Kyosho parts though.. tough choice.. So far the Conversion is 1st on my list..then the HB...lol...Whats the diferences in th HB trucks? Heres a nice one i found..this thing is hot...lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13038.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	243401  
Old 03-13-2005, 09:09 PM
crazychris7

Between the HB trucks? The pro has alum arms instaed of the plastics (forgot the name of the material), milled knuckloes instad of formed (the formed WILL break, so theyre a must), hardened gears (no big diff), bigger shock shafts (not that big of deal to me), 3 puck clutch instaed of 2 (better for racing), and a diff colored body. But the blue/yellow looked so good to me because the proline yellow matches perfectly. Some may argue about the RR/pro differences, but to me the RR is the better choice. I'd much rather race the RR over the pro because the arms are flexable, its lighter, and above all.. loooks better to me. I had people taking pics like crazy of my truck sat nigt at the races, forget the 2 pros that were stock or the other MT's, they were takin pics of my RR jumping, going around turns, exc. I pitted next to the 2 other Pros and theyd come up to me and ask about my truck first I tell everyone the same thing... If youre looking for a capable racer, get the HB LSRR, yellow proline dish's, bowties, a HiTec 645MG, proline wing, cnc milled knuckles and go have fun! I know the knuckles alone will match the difference between the RR.Pro, but does the pro match? [8D] I know, function over form, but hey, when they both come out of a few mods, it just makes it that much better. Im not advocating for everyone to go out and make a clone of mine, but, its not a bad idea... I must have a great looking truck on my hands, stone already coppied it

Chris
Old 03-13-2005, 10:55 PM
IslandSavage

The LHS that can get me the conversion kit is down the street. And the actual company is only 2 hours away. I never raced with aluminum arms, but i heard their extremely durable. It would suck to break one though cause like i said.. the parts arent at my LHS..THey would get fast delivery of it, but i like to fix things right then and there.. Im not a basher (anymore) so hopefully that will lower the chances of it actually bending on me. Im not a wing man personally myself. at least not on a truck. Imma go the crowd pleazer body/wing route like this one here...

Name:	Vt57331.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	243471  
Old 03-13-2005, 11:24 PM
hybridstone

IT"S $250+tax almost$300 for 4 arms n 4 cvds!! You can use ls arms on the kyosho there$8set!the whole LS to kyosho conversion cost$100 max
Old 03-13-2005, 11:29 PM
crazychris7

Island.. I had the little plastic wing on before, but i decided to mess around a little and see how the buggy wing would look, and liked it. It makes a very noticable improvement in jumping/high speed cornering so its staying on there. Some like it, some dont.. i used to not like the look of them, but as son as i put mine on, i was hooked. I ended up getting bored tonight and stripped my truck down (chassis was a little dull ) So i ripped it apart and put it back together just for the fun of it. I remounted my temp guage because my pit guy couldnt see it all that well, but now if he can't see it, imma smack him upside the head I know.. crappy mounting, but i had no double sided tape so i hot glued that sucker on... at least when i take it off there will be no sticky crap to deal with. When i get the tape ill rip it off and it'll look like new

Chris

Name:	Vt57347.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	243482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70978.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	243483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82467.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	243484   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97480.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	243485  
Old 03-14-2005, 12:09 AM
BillyDaKid

Crazychris, how do you like those plastic arms? I heard they flex a lot. I am about to buy the Stadium pro but i definitely don't want the alum. arms, i just can't afford their weight. Did you ever snap an arm? Actually I am not really interested in their amount of flex but more in their durability. Also, did you notice if there's any slop in the holes of the arms through which the pins go through? With my truggy i had some bad slop there cos after a few crashes the pins widened the holes of the arms and it was a bit wobbly.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2005, 12:14 AM
crazychris7

The arms flex, but not too much. Just enough not to break, and i have had no problems with them at all. Plus replacements are under $10 a side

Chris

Name:	Tr51869.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	243510  
Old 03-14-2005, 06:09 AM
IslandSavage

Hey Crazy... You think this kit is too pricey...I know it performs, but i dont wanna get robbed also...lol....

2 - Front Lower Arms 6061 T6 Aluminum
2 - Rear Lower arms 6061 T6 Aluminum
4 - Extended Monster Truck Universal Drive axle
2 - Lunsford Titanium Steering Turnbuckles
2 - Titanium Upper Front TB
2 - Titanium Upper Rear TB
4 - Universal Drive Axle Adapters
4 - Hex Hubs
4 - Axle pins

$247.00

Name:	Tr51076.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	243632  
Old 03-14-2005, 12:06 PM
pbgoped04

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the new thunder tiger truggy thats coming out?

BTW nice lookin trucks everyone
Old 03-14-2005, 12:56 PM
crazychris7

Looks like a good price, but it all depends on if you want alum arms. I HATE alum arms because they dont flex at all, when you bend then they'll never be back true and cost $50+ to replace. But i do like that that kit doesnt have the damn hub extenders that i hate so dearly as well.. I guess since you have the car, do the conversion and drop a modded P5 in it and try to kep it under control

Chris
Old 03-14-2005, 01:14 PM
IslandSavage

The P5 is a beast.. On my Mugen i had too fatten up the High end just so i could control the darn thing... Can you give some hints and clues on gearing for a Truggy? Any suggestions or comments on gearing..? I ask cause this will be my 1st conversition to a Truggy so im learning...
Old 03-14-2005, 09:13 PM
IslandSavage

Found out today im going to need an additional $85.00 in parts for the gearing on the Truggy conversion..Thats gonna be $335 now[]....now take in account for servos...[:@]....
Old 03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
IslandSavage

And then i saw this..... the MUGEN MT's......[X(]WHEN? WHERE? Anyone know anything about this...

Name:	Xv65667.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	244032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg13929.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	244033  
Old 03-14-2005, 10:10 PM
IslandSavage

Check out this awesome video of a Truggy race!

http://www.teamxray.net/downloads/vi...ERICA_A_Mt.wmv

1st place = Mugen
2nd place = Hot Bodies
3rd place = Mugen

pos Driver Laps/Time Car No. Car
1 Chad Bradley 54/30:10.24 1 MSR X5-T
2 Matt Gosch 54/30:29.69 5 Hot Bodies
3 Jason Ashton 53/30:02.56 11 MSR X5-T
4 Kenji Osaka 53/30:22.56 2 MSR X5-T
5 Kris Moore 52/30:37.51 3 MSR X5-T
6 Bob Tillman 52/30:37.00 12 MSR X5-T
7 Dean Sexton 45/30:23.10 4 Jammin
8 Paul Coleman 43/30:38.03 10 Jammin
9 Jay Halsey 40/29:45.14 6 Jammin
10 Greg Degani 37/30:00.63 7 Ofna
11 Jeff Guest 15/9:12.21 8 XTM
12 Greg Waller 7/4:01.19 9 JT Mugen
Old 03-15-2005, 12:34 AM
crazychris7

Great vid island... those guys are all going to be racing the ROAR nats at my local track so ill try and get some pics of them. Mugen truggys is gonna be nice, but expensive and i hear theyre using hub extenders... I ran my truck some more today, changed my diff and shock fluids, now its 7<5<3 and 50<40 on my shocks. Ran pretty good, and i finally found the sweet spot! truck runs like a champ and i got rid of some preload spacers i had on it and dropped the truck down where its supposed to be and its a BEAST! Of course i took some pics like usual, can't l;eave you guys hanging, can i? Oh yea Island.. what about a radio, wheels/tires, diff and shock oils, exc? Im telling ya... just get a HB LSRR, wheels/tires, 645mg steering servo and youre set! For everything its 590 + shipping, but you'll get like 25 or so off of your order, so its under 600 to make a clone of mine But thats just me... plus you'll have a truck and buggy to play with, a double threat at the track, I run my buggy (mayhem, TTR EB4 S3, or MBx5 for buggy, and the HB LSRR or LSP with the MT) Its great fun, ya go thru more fuel, but who cares, its fun when youre in the top 3 for 2 classes locally against the old guys that have been at this forever... But its your money...

Chris

Edit.. forgot the pics

Name:	Ca81412.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	244174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29280.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	244175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32076.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	244176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12248.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	244177  
Old 03-15-2005, 08:23 AM
IslandSavage

Nice pic man... For a Radio im using the Synthesized JR XS3...and im using th JR 8611 digital servo..Bowties or Response tires... When will the Mugen truck be out? Hopefully its a kit like all their products...Ive had nothing but GREAT experiences with Mugen products so i might be willing to pay a little extra for that...In the video if the HotBodies Truggy didnt crash at the end, it most likely would have won.. Great race anyhow though...!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 08:24 AM
IslandSavage

Your truck is looking mean and ready to rip the track a new one...lol..lol[8D]
Old 03-15-2005, 10:05 AM
rcblaze

Hey Island I got to stop by your track Sunday for a little practice. Nice place and the guy running it was a great help. I really appreciate his help. The track was really dusty and even with water it drys so quick it stays dusty. My friend and I had fun for a while. It was a good day and only a couple bucks to run. I ran MY LST. It ran ok beside flame outs and some other small stuff. Not sure if I can make that trek to get back down there that often I would like to at least race in a race day down there once. I saw the LSP and a couple other vehicles running. All and all a nice track and I seems like some good people. Thanks for info on it and good luck down there.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:33 AM
IslandSavage

ORIGINAL: bcash

Hey Island I got to stop by your track Sunday for a little practice. Nice place and the guy running it was a great help. I really appreciate his help. The track was really dusty and even with water it drys so quick it stays dusty. My friend and I had fun for a while. It was a good day and only a couple bucks to run. I ran MY LST. It ran ok beside flame outs and some other small stuff. Not sure if I can make that trek to get back down there that often I would like to at least race in a race day down there once. I saw the LSP and a couple other vehicles running. All and all a nice track and I seems like some good people. Thanks for info on it and good luck down there.
Anytime man... Everyone there is really helpful... I didnt get a chance to make it there cause i had to go up state for some work, but i'll be there this weekend for sure. I wish i could of seen your LST on the track.. I might be going up to a .28 this weekend on the MGT..not sure which one though.. Im also gonna break out the Big Dawg MBX5 this weekend. Hopefully i'll have my new Truggy out there.. Crazy has me thinking Hot Bodies..lol.lol..lol.. but with the Mugen coming...sweeeeeeeeeeeet... Either way. Were glad to have you out there, hopefully u can make another trip one day when im there and race around...
Old 03-15-2005, 11:18 AM
rcblaze

You know what island. I hadn't been to a track in a while and I forgot how much work it is. OFF for the damn bugs that almost ate me. And turn marshaling for yourself aint even fun in the sun. But after running the LST a while I felt like I have more fun bashing it. It ran well and all but I felt like I should be running a buggy. I think you said every one runs together if thats the case the Truggy will rule. Maybe it's me but after seeing the LSP up close thats not a MT it's sweet and all but thats a Big buggy. I didn't know hot bodies made such good products. So I'm a little skeptical. I mean one min HB was the worst IE Dirt Demon and the hop up parts they make haven't gotten flattering reviews. I also heard some hear say about the stock engine blowing after 1 gallon. I don't know about it being true or what but the guy there claim's this is what happened to him. He had the engine in hand with the ROD blown so I did see it at least. I'm not sure if you did most your research already and are sold on it. Either way I have to say it looked good but reminded me of a Buggy on roids and I'M skeptical when it comes to HB. But if this Class what ever it is takes off and is gonna be the next craze then I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out . But before I buy I'll stretch my Hyper 7 and take my chances with a JT conversion. I mean am I missing something these are just Big longer buggies right? Or do they have something new to them. I'm trying to understand why all of a sudden this is big when you could stretch any buggy pretty much right.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:55 AM
IslandSavage

Im like you.. Im skeptikal of HB also, But I have also seen one on capable hands and it hauls.. Now just cause its a Truggy doesnt mean it will win all the time. At the race it was in the top 3 but was taken out by a REVO.. I myslef race a MGT and have beaten Truggies alot. Its not the MT or Truggy you dive, its the driver. The machine just ups your chances of doing good. I can honestly say i might hold out for the New MUGEN Truggy..Every Mugen product I have owned has always done me right. Practice days at the track are a bit odd(turn marshalling 4 urself), but Race days are awsome. Im a Ex-Basher turn Racer. I have wayyyy more fun on race days than practice days or Bashing days.. Its competitve and fun. I love it when I hear everyone rave a REVO then i come with my MGT and mop the floor with them on the track. Im not saying REVO is bad, cause like i said before "In the hands of a capable driver they arer demons on a track". I want a Truggy for the fact that it gives me more of a chance and lets me be that much more competitive in a race. My MGT does me fine and I love it ,but if theres something I like and can afford and gives me the edge i want, then imma buy it..what can i say...Im a Nitroholic and refuse help..lol
Old 03-15-2005, 12:36 PM
rcblaze

Were is the track in that vid?
Old 03-15-2005, 02:00 PM
IslandSavage

Not sure..Its a sweet setup.. I like the bridge and the pits that they jump over..nice touch.... Our track was gonna be different then the setup we have now, but other plans didnt go through for a dirt oval. So when the time is right i think it will be reworked and more jumps/bumps will be added..[8D]
Old 03-15-2005, 08:08 PM
hybridstone

HB has finaly made a quality truck! engine swap/radio swap and your done! Out of all the new truggys comin out this is the one to have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.