Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 06:32 PM
AUTOMAG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Dirby ,that setup lets the truck go around turns better . if the axles were locked like a spool it would push though the turns.I see it all the time on some drag race vehicles.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:45 PM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: Dirby

the wheels on my jasmmin are both going in opposite directions any body know why?
yhx Dirby.
What do mean, the fronts going one way and the rears going another? If that is the case, you one of the diffs in upside down. Turn your spur gear in the direction the engine turns it and whatch which wheels are turning wrong and you have found your problem. If you are talking about turning a back wheel clockwise and the other back wheel goes counterclockwise, then your diff is working properly. The same for the front.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Dirby

finished my first jammin truggy kit and i am thinking about building a second one.
i just love building from a kit.
you know everything is done right wnen you finish your kit and not relying on someone from across the water to put it together ans maby not do it right.
kits are the only way to go.
thx dirby.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:22 AM
flyinJ

sounds good i just dont no if im going to get a jammin crt there alot of money and money i dont have that is why im trying to get my planes sold so then i can get the kit because i already have a spektrum dx2 system and everything else that comes with it.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:31 PM
nitrosportdecals

Roscoe, have u sold ur Jammin CRT yet??
Old 03-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Dirby

is the dx2 or the dx3 worth having?
i was told the spectra will slow down the servo travel speed.
is this true?
thx Dirby.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:16 PM
skmotoxxx

Allright quick question. I am having a problem with my lower shock mount threads pulling out of the shock shaft on the plastic. And I am not the only one searching for my shock springs at the track. Does anyone know of anybody that makes some aluminum pieces in place of the plastic? My car was the RTR and I think that the factory overtightened them but I would just feel better if I had some aluminum pieces to thread on. I've been to the track twice and both times my night ended with a drooping front end!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:37 AM
crazysavage

ORIGINAL: skmotoxxx

Allright quick question. I am having a problem with my lower shock mount threads pulling out of the shock shaft on the plastic. And I am not the only one searching for my shock springs at the track. Does anyone know of anybody that makes some aluminum pieces in place of the plastic? My car was the RTR and I think that the factory overtightened them but I would just feel better if I had some aluminum pieces to thread on. I've been to the track twice and both times my night ended with a drooping front end!
These work!
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2052
The only problem is that if you hit some thing hard enough, they break off at a place that makes it very hard to remove the remaining shock shaft and reuse. Dont forget to use locktite to keep them on.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:43 AM
ET Racer

ORIGINAL: badxlt

well your right the cyclone comes with to 550 and it will hold a gel cell. but the only reason i boght the box is that i read in a mag that it has the power to start all big blocks and that mag was RC Car. but i do have the box set to spin up to speed before the fly wheel hits so thats not it. o and i called sport werks up and they told me I'm S O L so i dont know i don't have any more money and I'm not seeing a lot in the future so I'm S O L.
I have a cyclone box that i use on my SP2 with a Colari B7. the problem i found is in the gearing and the motors, the motors are a little weak and the gearing is a little slow. you need to pop the motor on and off the wheel if you leave it pushed down the limited speed of the wheel will fight to keep the engine from starting.

To help remedy the problem i replaced both motors with 2 of these http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJBX7&P=7
2 reasons #1 they are cheep, #2 they have lots of torque and more RPM then the stock motors. Yea it made a big difference. but hey its up to you, it would still cost ya $45 to do the upgrade...thats 2/3 the way to a new box.

BTW if you want more RPM you can get the 17 or the 15 turn motors for the same money.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:31 AM
ercbf

Here is my CRT and Hyper 7. They were painted by crazysavage

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40187.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	424090  
Old 03-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Dirby

NICE paint jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dirby.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:37 AM
badxlt

hey so those motors you used are 540 right not the 550s and that helped alot. cool i have some 540 stigers 20 turn stock traxxas motors but i havent tried them out yet but thanks for the reply and ill give it a go.
thanks matt

ORIGINAL: ET Racer

I have a cyclone box that i use on my SP2 with a Colari B7. the problem i found is in the gearing and the motors, the motors are a little weak and the gearing is a little slow. you need to pop the motor on and off the wheel if you leave it pushed down the limited speed of the wheel will fight to keep the engine from starting.

To help remedy the problem i replaced both motors with 2 of these http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJBX7&P=7
2 reasons #1 they are cheep, #2 they have lots of torque and more RPM then the stock motors. Yea it made a big difference. but hey its up to you, it would still cost ya $45 to do the upgrade...thats 2/3 the way to a new box.

BTW if you want more RPM you can get the 17 or the 15 turn motors for the same money.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:54 AM
Dirby

crazysavage.
i would like to get a new radio with a spectrum system in it .
what do you think about the Dx3
would this be a hit or a miss?
thx dirby.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:05 AM
crazysavage

crazysavage.
i would like to get a new radio with a spectrum system in it .
what do you think about the Dx3
would this be a hit or a miss?
thx dirby.
In my opinion, the radio does not have enough adjustment for the steering end points and responds alittle too slow for me. A better radio with a spektrim module added is expensive but worth it. I race alot and it pays off for me to have the M8. If you dont race alot a dx3 is fine.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Dirby

crazysavage.
i have two of the hightec 5955 digital servos in my two truggies they are used for steering.
i was told that the digital servos do not work well with digital servos.
is this true?
if i get a dx3 will i have to replace the hightec servos with some other servos?
this could get very expensive.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Dirby

crazysavage lets start over again.
i have two hightec 5955 digital sercos and i use them for steering in my two truhhies.
i was told that the digital servos do not work well with spectrems.
is this true?
if i get a dx3 will the hioghtec digital servos work with this system or will the hightec 5955 have to be replaced?
this could become very expensive.
thx Dirby
Old 03-15-2006, 05:20 PM
crazysavage

crazysavage lets start over again.
i have two hightec 5955 digital sercos and i use them for steering in my two truhhies.
i was told that the digital servos do not work well with spectrems.
is this true?
if i get a dx3 will the hioghtec digital servos work with this system or will the hightec 5955 have to be replaced?
this could become very expensive.
thx Dirby
I have heard this digital servo thing two times now and I just dont know how that kind of info can get out. A digital servos performance is enhanced even more with the spektrim system. I use the exact same servos in my daughters buggy with the DX3. The only thing I dont like about the DX3 is that it's end point adjustments only go to 125% and the better radios go to 150%. That extra adjustment can make a difference in your steering.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Dirby

crazysavage.
i got this info about the digital servos not working with the spectrum from some dude naned Rob at nitro house.
he said some friend of his had a Dx3 and the digital servo he had would not work with that setup.
Rob said i needed to get some analog servos for the spectrem
he just happened to have some 358's there at 105.00 each.
how convient that was of him to offer them to me.
thc Dirby.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:30 AM
taildraggerdave
My Feedback: (1)

I use all digital servos in my 1/5 scale road car with Spektrum on a 3PK and it works great.........
Old 03-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Dirby

crazy savage.
if you were going to buy a new radio which one would you buy?
would you go with the spectrum system?
thx Dirby.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:09 PM
ashburg

WHEW...just read the entire thread up until now.

A little background - I started with a warhead (I know, I know), learned on a warhead, sold the warhead (yayyy), got a Savage X, busted up the savage x's diffs (rebuilding with alloy now)...now I'm looking for a brother for the X to RACE.

As I have been on rcuniverse for a while now, I've come to notice who knows what they're talking about and who is a newb, what a newb thread looks like, what kind of trucks and such newbs buy, etc...

I'll never buy another truck/truggy/buggy again without researching, reading, etc...bad bad experience, it was with the Warhead

After reading this thread, I think I've found RC Karma . There is a tone among you guys that tells me that the OFNA Jammin X1 CRT is what the Pro's and the guys that know what they're doing have...

I hope y'all don't all laugh at this question, but before I hit the buy button, is there any comparison where the Jammin and the Hellfire are concerned? From reading the hellfire thread and the jammin thread, in comparison, it looks to me like the Hellfire has more "engineering" issues, breakages, and is flat being Schooled by the Jammin CRT.

I'm pretty good with tools...I'm better at putting something together that I've taken APART, but think the kit may be the way to go. I'm thinking novarossi P5.

With that said, I don't mind having an RTR, running it a while, and getting used to the truck - then upgrading the servos, the motor, etc...

Should I go RTR or Kit **thinking out loud, but would appreciate input **

Thanks for any input guys, crazysavage - I'll be contacting you for a custom "git er done" body , I feel like I've graduated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19783.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	427758  
Old 03-17-2006, 01:41 PM
miswa

i ordered a jammin x1 crt. i will never buy an rtr ever again! kit is a lot of fun and your confident that everything is put together properly coz you did it yourself.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:09 PM
ashburg

WELP, I went ahead and bit the bullet and got the Jammin . Thanks guys for the input...this thread really influenced my decision to RULE the track hehe

later,
ash
Old 03-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Dirby

last night after much thought i went and had my lhd order me a DX3.
today i went to the track and i was going back to my car to fuel up my hellfire and two car full of people drive up than they get out and proceed to ready there monster trucks and run them on the track.
at no time did any of theese people attempt to find out what freuency anybody was on.
another guy comes up and fires his up and than his truck starts a runaway and hits the tire of a p u parked next to my car.
he didn't bother to see if anybody was on his frequency ether and someone was on the track running his buggy on the same frequency as his.GO FIGURE.
nobody even attemps to find out what channel is being used they just fire it up and oh well tough luck for the other guy.
well i hope the DX3 will take me out of this mixmaster.
come on DX3.
juist before i left the track i sold my jr synthised tx and two rx but come wendsday my Dx3 will be here.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:00 PM
miswa

im getting the dx2 for my jammin that i ordered, thinking about getting a different steering servo, any sugestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.