Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Offical Mugen MBX5T thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Offical Mugen MBX5T thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:17 PM
GNX5T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical Mugen MBX5T thread

I have the b7 .21 pro. It has over 3 gallons through it and it's still running great and strong. Holds a great tune. Funny thing is, I've read alot of people have complaints about it regarding bearings, but don't most engines anyway? I know OS's do, my lhs races OS and he knows about it. Anyway, I'm very happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72264.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	769423   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43870.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	769424  
Old 09-25-2007, 05:06 AM
RcRacer37E

The werks B7 .21 team line was voted fastest last year at the pro series finals last year. That was before RB came out with the C6T7 and a few others. For under 300 bucks, its well worth the cash.
I bought the 28 team line engine and the threads on the shaft crumbled as I was fitting the fly wheel on. It got sent back to werks for repair. Keep in mind, it was new, zero fuel ran through it.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 AM
slrguy

User review of the BCE chassis for the Mugen MBX5T.
[link=http://rckrazy.com/reviews/mugen/bcechassis/bce_mugenmbx5t.asp]BCE Mugen MBX5T chassis review[/link]

If you don't have one of these you need to get one!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:33 PM
myrc

How and where do you get one of these chassis?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 PM
mtbkym01

there's a link in the article above
Old 10-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Johnny Revo

Hi all,Just ordered the prospec mbx5t today and have a draked .21 with a jp3.what do you think of this combo.Im kinda new to the kit world of rc my 1st truck was a revo which is where i got the nickname from.spent alot of $on it and turned it into a prospec revo but got tired of trying to turn a monster truck into a truggy.figured id start with the top of the line as far as truggys go.any advise for a newbie?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Raycer X

Ditch the JP3 and get a Nova or RB 086 pipe and a long smooth flow header for maximum low end to pull that truggy out of the line and straight to the hole shot.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:11 PM
russo11218
My Feedback: (-1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just woundering If anyone knows the O.D. of a GRP versus a losi 8t rim ?I recently read an articale in RC Driver magazine on how to properly mount a set of switches on losi 8t rims by cutting the side wall on the tires .this is suposed reduce some side roll .The reason i would like to go with the grp's is because those are 0 offset's and i think the losi a 28 mm offset ? By going with the grp I would not have to chage my hex's .Any howw i am thinker .....haha .bert
Old 10-13-2007, 12:38 PM
jrz179

FIRST OF ALL I RACE HERE ON THE EAST COAST AT RCCA EVENTS AND RC DRIVER EVENTS WHERE YOU GET THE TRUTH FROM MAGS NOT WHAT IS PRINTED (OR THEY HAVE TO PRINT)
DON'T LISTEN TO NASCARDAD24 THE WERKS ENGINE IS TH ABSOLUTE WORST WHEN IT COMES TO FUEL MILEAGE, YEAH IT'S CHEAP, BUT THEY OLD SAYING IS TRUE THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!
I'VE SEEN 2 WERKS SPONSERED DRIVERS AT RACERS THAT I'M FRIENDS WITH AND EVEN HELP PIT FOR GET ONLY FIVE MINUTES IN BUGGY RACES. 4MIN 30 SEC TO 5MIN 20 SEC A STOP IT WILL RUN OUT IF AND WHEN RAN OVER 5 MIN 30SECONDS. YOU HAVE TO BE SO GOOD AND HAVE THE FASTEST STOPS TO WIN A RACE THIS WAY. BOTH DRIVERS HAVE SWITCHED COMPANIES BECAUSE OF THIS.

AND THE BCE CHASSIS IS THE ONLY CHASSIS I'VE EVER SEEN BREAK DURING A RACE, TRUE IT WAS NOT ON A MUGEN BUT ON A JAMMIN AND A KYOSHO, BUT A STOCK CHASSIS HAS NEVER BROKE IN COMPETITION
Old 10-13-2007, 01:34 PM
GNX5T

Don't listen to me either. I have the Werks b7 .21 pro and i love it. I get way more than 5 mins a tank. I think i'll have to try that BCE chassis.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:19 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Johnny Revo

Hi all,Just ordered the prospec mbx5t today and have a draked .21 with a jp3.what do you think of this combo.Im kinda new to the kit world of rc my 1st truck was a revo which is where i got the nickname from.spent alot of $on it and turned it into a prospec revo but got tired of trying to turn a monster truck into a truggy.figured id start with the top of the line as far as truggys go.any advise for a newbie?

Very good combo...the Draked .21 is just a rebadged Picco P7 R, or Jammin JPX .21.......... the Draked version carries the highest price tag, but it is the same motor..... But regardless it is an excelent motor, one of the most powerful .21's we have on the market today.... the JP3 works excelent on these mills, so does the Mugen MSR 2053, and as well a 086 and a 053..... for a big open track i like the feel of the 086 pipe, but on the tighter tracks i actualy prefer the feel of the 2053 and JP-3....... the 086 makes more peak power, but i feel the JP3 has a crisper bottom and more peak RPM...the JP3 seems to spread the powerband very well across the RPM range.........Anyways I raced a PIcco P7 EVO2 in my MBX5T and the performance was excelent... you will be very happy with your combo...
Old 10-13-2007, 04:44 PM
slrguy

ORIGINAL: jrz179

AND THE BCE CHASSIS IS THE ONLY CHASSIS I'VE EVER SEEN BREAK DURING A RACE, TRUE IT WAS NOT ON A MUGEN BUT ON A JAMMIN AND A KYOSHO, BUT A STOCK CHASSIS HAS NEVER BROKE IN COMPETITION
Never heard of a BCE chassis breaking but I've seen bent stock chassis. Just depends on how bad of driver you are. Anything can be broken if you try hard enough.
Having both the stock chassis and the BCE chassis, I can tell out that the BCE equipped Mugen will run circles around the same truck with the stock chassis. The BCE has been extended and stiffened. This translates directly to better handling.

My review has been updated with a short 3 min. track video. Here's the link:
[link=http://rckrazy.com/reviews/mugen/bcechassis/bce_mugenmbx5t.asp]Link to review with video[/link]
Old 10-15-2007, 09:09 PM
mayhemstdude

is the dynimate platmum .28 a good moter for this truggy

do u guys know what a good stater box is and how $
Old 10-16-2007, 02:56 AM
cobra28

Hi

Having a problem with stripping the planet gears in the rear diff, keep on doing it, it's becoming a real pain.

The diff is shimmed fine, use the alloy chassie supports, diff oil rear 1K, mid 10K, Front 7K, Ninja 21, 14 cb tooth.

Any ideas what I could try

Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 01:36 PM
slrguy

ORIGINAL: mayhemstdude

is the dynimate platmum .28 a good moter for this truggy

do u guys know what a good stater box is and how $
I've run the Dynamite Platinum .26 in the Mugen and it is good. Other good (inexpensive) motors are the Sportwerks .26 V2 with eliminator backplate (eliminates the pull start) and the Go Tech .21/.25/.28 series.
I use the OFNA Chrome Top box. Great box. Uses a 12v 7.2A battery and a big starter motor. Those 2 combined deliver gobs of torque to get even the hardest motor to start. Been using it for 3 yrs.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:54 PM
mayhemstdude

ok thanks im putting the sportwerks .26v2 in it
are the 4 clutch shoes more powerful than 3 clutch shoes,
im sure it is
hom much more powerful worth the money THANKS
Old 10-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Deggs

'bought a prospec used with half a season on it with a C6, this over an XT8.

The price was right and I'm happy with the handling and power.

Question: Has anyone had any issues with the front arms twisting? I had a couple bad landings and noticed the right upper front wrapped around behind the lowers, basically the carrier did a 180 rotation on the cvd, it looked to me that the slight dogleg in the turnbuckle end lends to a bit less stiffness. I've ordered new arms as there was a hint of an oval in the hinge pin holes, I'm hoping this is the root of the problem,

also the pillow balls keep rotating out [&:] plays havoc with my setup.

by far the best handling truggy I've driven though.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Mz

which is better for the price?
Mach .28 or RB Concept S7 MSC 7-Port?
im thinking since the mach is cheap and isn't a "racing" engine, maybe it won't be overkill...

thanks
Old 10-26-2007, 10:07 AM
63mammothst

Hi, just bought my first mugen. A barely used mbx5t prospec with a bce chassis. My question is about wheel offsets. Which seems to work better, a zero offset rim or a 1/2" offset? I have a new set of black proline 1/2 offset dish wheels with bowtie mtr's and I wanted to know if they would help or hurt handling. Thanks for any replies.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Mz

if i was to use the mach .28, what would be a good pipe for it???
Old 10-30-2007, 10:21 AM
happywing

ORIGINAL: 63mammothst
Hi, just bought my first mugen. A barely used mbx5t prospec with a bce chassis. My question is about wheel offsets. Which seems to work better, a zero offset rim or a 1/2" offset? I have a new set of black proline 1/2 offset dish wheels with bowtie mtr's and I wanted to know if they would help or hurt handling. Thanks for any replies.
Me too. How much offset is too much? I have the stock extended hubs with 1/2 offset rims. The thing is a wide as it is long. Good? Bad? I haven't raced it yet. If that's too wide, can I use buggy hubs?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 AM
CRUZRC

JUST GOY MINE FOR US$419,99 BUT NOW I AM UNDECIDED WHICH ENGINE .21 ITS BETTER FOR IT ? HELP ME PLEASE!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
revo7617

Happywing... too much offset make the truck less sharp in corners, I think the original hubs with the stock wheels are just perfect and the steering is fantastic.

regarding the engine questions, I bought a Drake Platinum ,28, I went with the 28 instead of Drake 21 because its cheaper, excellent mileage, and have tons of low-mid power were the 21s are not capable. Its a perfect and easy to tune engine.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:40 AM
strngdze

I was just curious if anyone has been able to successfully modify & mount a different type of body onto their Prospec, specifically the JConcepts body for the Losi 8ight-T?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:36 PM
CRUZRC

GET THIS :

http://www.rcplanet.com/JConcepts_Il.../jco0030hd.htm

it will fit with no modifications, the losi one wont fit your Mugen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.