Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:36 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

what radio???? and servos are you running? (sorry i just skimmed and didnt see anything about a radio)
Old 02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
vnmsgt

I am running a spektrum DX3 and Hitec 5955 (333oz) servo for steering and Hitec 645 (140oz) for throttle.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:31 AM
Tweedybird

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Here are some pics of it with the jconcepts body.bkept it simple, did not feel like masking and doing different colors. Almost ready to hit the track now!

I'm likeing the blue wing and wheels, which ritt dye did you use? denim blue or the other one? I think they only have 2 blues.

TB
Old 02-14-2008, 07:04 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Tweedybird

Here are some pics of it with the jconcepts body.bkept it simple, did not feel like masking and doing different colors. Almost ready to hit the track now!

I'm likeing the blue wing and wheels, which ritt dye did you use? denim blue or the other one? I think they only have 2 blues.

TB
I think it was royal blue. I know it was not denim blue.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:11 PM
rckiwi

Hi I have a new K8T Factory Team kit, which I have been building up for our first round for 08 season at my local track.

There is not much on set up information that I can find, I have asked Mikey from the factory for some setup hints and he gave me a bit of info for shock/diff oils, but any other help would be good!!!!!!!

I would like to dye my wheels before I fit new proline tyres, please tell me what sort of dye you use, is it clothing or hair? (lol)

Cheers Bryan
Old 02-14-2008, 07:32 PM
madmax22

I am running a spektrum DX3 and Hitec 5955 (333oz) servo for steering and Hitec 645 (140oz) for throttle.

sweet!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
rican25

ORIGINAL: rckiwi

Hi I have a new K8T Factory Team kit, which I have been building up for our first round for 08 season at my local track.

There is not much on set up information that I can find, I have asked Mikey from the factory for some setup hints and he gave me a bit of info for shock/diff oils, but any other help would be good!!!!!!!

I would like to dye my wheels before I fit new proline tyres, please tell me what sort of dye you use, is it clothing or hair? (lol)

Cheers Bryan
RC, its just regular clothes dye the brand most common in the states is RIT and can be found at any department store
just boil the water, add the dye, and soak your items for about 30 mins. less time for a lighter shade of that color or more for a deeper color. simple as that. good luck
Old 02-14-2008, 09:36 PM
vnmsgt

Cheers Bryan
Have you gone to [link]http://truggyracers.com[/link]? They have a thread there for the K8T that has alot of setup info. I just broke mine in today FINALLY and will run it this weekend. I have not done anything to it yet so I will find out how it runs on sunday.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:36 PM
rckiwi

Thanx will try some out!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:43 AM
rckiwi

Cheers Bryan
Have you gone to [link]http://truggyracers.com[/link]? They have a thread there for the K8T that has alot of setup info. I just broke mine in today FINALLY and will run it this weekend. I have not done anything to it yet so I will find out how it runs on sunday.
Hi thanx, yes have been on that forum there is a bit but I surpose because they are so new a good setup guide hasn't been done yet! I guess it is up to us (New Caster owners) to let everyone know the information we find out!

My first outing is also this Sunday, so I will post my results after. I have just been down to our track, as it is only 5 mins drive from my house and just run it to check how it looked on the track. But racing will be different!

Let you know how I get on...

Cheers Bryan
Old 02-15-2008, 08:55 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: TheKaiman

Did it come with stone guards? If not, do you think the Mugen stone guards would fit?
I got some mugen mud guards and the fit the chassis real well. The only problem is they are a little longer in the rear then the caster chassis which you can cut them down. YOu will also have to drill 2 holes in the mudguard to use the holes in the chassis because the mugen has 4 bolts to hold it down and the caster has 3. They fit nice and flush though and look like they came with it.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:19 PM
BIGAIRBEN

I have tons of Losi stickers you can put on there...The losi co. does'nt scemp on anything not even stickers...
Old 02-15-2008, 05:11 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: BIGAIRBEN

I have tons of Losi stickers you can put on there...The losi co. does'nt scemp on anything not even stickers...
Maybe the caster did not come with alot of stickers because it does not need to be noticed buy the stickers but how it is going to whoop on you in performance. You just wait for SUNDAY!!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:02 PM
TheKaiman

@vnmsgt. I talked to Cameron at Caster and he said the mud guards for the caster buggy are a direct fit for the truggy.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:15 PM
vnmsgt

Cool, thanks man. Glad I did not order the mugen ones yet!
Old 02-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Oasis TR

Here's a few Photos of my Modded Caster..The Shocks I'm going to be using are the Ofna Big Bores (Rears for the front and rear) Radio Gear is: Spektrum DX3R, JR Z9100T for steering, For throttle an Airtronics 94357, Motor: Novarossi Plus 21-7BT (should be enough).

Old 02-16-2008, 03:35 PM
vnmsgt

Cool I see you found the thread I told you about. Its pretty new here and I do not have too much info from mine yet since I am running it for the first time tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:10 PM
rican25

gonna try and make it out tomorrow, all this trash talking is bound to produce some pretty good racing!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 03:47 PM
rckiwi

Hi all,

Well first day of racing in K8T Factory Team Kit!

Weather was warm and fine, track is clay surface. But because we haven't had rain here for 8 weeks the surface was really loose and hard, so wasn't the best to really get a good idea of the cars capabilities.

First heat was just getting a feel for the car and what it would do, the track conditions made it a bit hard to predict the cars handling. But all in all not too bad.

Second & third heat, changed a couple of things on the car moved rear lower shock mount positions to outter hole on the rear and the same on the front. finished both heats about the middle of the pack and managed to start in the C main.

Now I must point out to you all now that I am not a seasoned racer! I am just out there for fun and this is only my second season as such racing 1/8 scale. (I normally run 1/5 cars on & off road)

C-Main Final. Well it came and went! I flamed out at the start and couldn't get it going again, first time my STS Team motor has fail me!

Oh well there is always next meeting on the 16th March

Couple of pic's I took of my K8T before racing!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21607.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	881358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33150.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	881359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50364.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	881360  
Old 02-17-2008, 05:28 PM
808rc/car

I got my k8t the other day and was setting up my servos. I cant seem to get all the steering to work when i turn left. when i turn right it turns all the way . when I turn left it doesnt turn all the way? can someone help me out, im just getting frustrated. thanks alot if you can help
Old 02-17-2008, 05:58 PM
rckiwi

ORIGINAL: 808rc/car

I got my k8t the other day and was setting up my servos. I cant seem to get all the steering to work when i turn left. when i turn right it turns all the way . when I turn left it doesnt turn all the way? can someone help me out, im just getting frustrated. thanks alot if you can help
Need more info to help you out!

Is it RTR kit?
If not RTR what radio & servos you running?

Any other information to help you solve your problem
Cheers Bryan
Old 02-17-2008, 06:39 PM
vnmsgt

Well my day did not go as planned. My motor was still so tight my bump box would not start it so I could not run it till I go home. Finally got it started and ran a tank through and that Picco is a beast!! Only issues I had were the servo saver spring is WAY TOO SOFT. I have it turned all the way up and my wheels still go a little straight on acceleration. Guess I will be getting the mugen spring! Also after the next tank it stalled the my clutch bell was wobbling, thought my bearings went bad but when I removed the bell the bearings were fine. The clearance in the bell for the bearing is a little too big and wollowed the hole out some and wore it out. Put another bell on it and it was nice and tight. Still have to run it some more to loosen up the motor as even after 7 tanks I still have to heat it up. Seemed to handle really well and smooth from the time I have driven it
Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM
rm85ccman

posted somthing new on monsoon thread vnmsgt
Old 02-19-2008, 10:14 AM
savagedriver

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

These were the latest versions. One did not even run because a diff went out. The others had broken a-arms, front knuckles, a rounded out brake disk etc.
I am quite sure they did not just break. You have to hit something to break it. I have seen alot of truggies break arms, and knuckles from just the lightest hits at the right position, it happens. I guess all of the guys on the forums I read that absolutely love the thing must be something like the ST-1 guys and never say a single bad thing about them no matter what happens... LOL!

What did they do to break them. Was there a reason or something. Just checking because I might be ordering some parts since I have a chance to get some at a very cheap price right now.
I would order knuckles, 6-12 lower front a-arms, a bunch of ring and pinions, several spurs and some brakes disks, based on what I've seen. They drive very well, I've driven them, they they are just not as stout as a Mugen MBX5-T Propec or even my Xray.
And dont forget to stock up on fuel tanks and rear uprights and pinions for that fuel tank(3), rear upright(3) and pinion breaking luxury rc of yours................
Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 PM
vnmsgt

I had to read that 5 times before I realized you were talking about the X-Ray in your reply! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.