Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 AM
J24gordon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

I run 7f 10c and 3r and don't have the "ballooning" Are you using the tires that came with it? with the ofna foams?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Big Daddy05

Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

I was using the tire that came with my old X1 because I was running on pavement. I think I will change my front diff to 7, considering the track I will be running on is bumpy
Old 03-09-2009, 09:57 AM
J24gordon

The tires could be your problem, I run a .28 and don't have any issues with tires
Old 03-09-2009, 12:12 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is nothing wrong with the front ballooning... in many cases it will help keep your truggy tracking straight.....if you thicken the center your going to find your Truggy will start becoming too ass happy and much harder to keep tracking straight........
Old 03-16-2009, 07:03 PM
myrc

If you are happy with your diff setup maybe a strip of duct tape around your foams.

My poor X2 has not been raced yet April 5th WWW.selahrcraceway.com

I am not a big racer just a local guy this is my first jammin build and I have heard that X1 does not steer well,has the X2 improved?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16905.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1159416  
Old 03-16-2009, 10:58 PM
myrc

I know this is a long time ago but could your ackerman be upside down or just a mod? or maybe my mistake

Damn I hate it when I screw up!!!Disregard this post,please?????? Just because of the pic.
AWesome!!!!!!!!!!! track by the way

Old 03-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Big Daddy05

I had the X2 out yesterday for practice. The track has not been maintained since last season, but the X2 had no problems. I am amazed at the steering and how planted the truck is. Still some tweaks to do but overall very happy.

BTW I switched the tires to a newer set, and no ballooning.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Big Daddy05

Here are some pics, body was done by bodiesbyblue.com.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...dy05/RC001.jpg
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...dy05/RC002.jpg
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...05/RC004-1.jpg
Old 03-30-2009, 07:53 PM
stagga

*edited*
Old 05-11-2009, 03:52 PM
J24gordon

Hey Qaiz, have you had any issues with the rear cnc chasis brace? I broke mine in the main last weekend, it snapped about a inch up from the bottom. I'm going to replace it with a king headz one.
The racing season's getting started here in colorado, been out twice and have two thirds so far
Old 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: J24gordon

Hey Qaiz, have you had any issues with the rear cnc chasis brace? I broke mine in the main last weekend, it snap about a inch up from the bottom. I'm going to replace it with a king headz one.
The racing season's getting started here in colorado, been out twice and have two thirds so far
Hey J,

I swtiched back to the plastic braces a long time ago. But I havent heard of the CNC'd ones breaking..

I know for a fact that the KH's ones provide a lil' bit more flex then the Jammin ones provide, so they shouldnt break.

Racing seasons not started yet here, so my X2's just been sitting for the past few months [&o].

Other than that, everything looking good.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:27 PM
J24gordon

Thanks for the quick response!!!!!! I'm doing the Rc pro series here and it's at 3 different tracks, 2 races each, it's been good so far. Here's some pics of the first track and the monster qaud the proly broke the brace.

and here's one of the trophies and the top five
Old 06-02-2009, 11:41 PM
xc7

very nice looking track! Looks like she flows nicely.

I'm planning on my first run of the year thursday.. woot!@#$
Old 06-22-2009, 07:46 AM
J24gordon

I went to the ROAR Northern Region 10 Championship this weekend and did great with my X2. I qailified 4th overall and ended up winning the 45 min main by 3 laps. My truggy was hooked up all weekend and had no tire wear at all. I was the only one running a Jammin, here's a pic of the podium. I'll post more later
Old 07-01-2009, 11:40 PM
l07smitty

Hi all, Qaiz has sold me on an X2 (the kits attention to detail and great rep.)along with the rest of your support and I bought one last week and may start the slow, non rushed build this weekend! Any advice besides FOLLOW THE MANUAL CLOSELY and to shim the diffs properly (3 on ring side, 2 on each side of diff, check after 10 tanks). Is this all correct? This is my first 1/8 scale build after 15-20 years of 1/10 scale and a couple rtr nitros. Been reading an EXTREME amount in the last three months about diffs fluids and about on and off power (still get it mixed up sometimes) The kit came with 7/10/3 for diff fluid and 60&50 wt. for the shocks. Should I use this setup or is there a hot setup that beats this? I will mostly be racing on the track at Wolcott Raceway in CT and sometimes at Barnstormers, NY. ..............but mostly Wolcott. They just changed the track and I think it's a little more choppy than before for anyone familiar with it if that helps. The kit came with the yellow ribbed OFNA foams and Bowties. I will be running an rtr .28 for now untill the .21 Picco p7 evo3 goes in and whatever Lester tells me to go with on a pipe (Ofna he mentioned) BTW Qaiz, nice servo setup!!!! ..............So the diffs get started tomorrow evening after I get the good to go on what diff fluid to go with or anything else I need to pickup at Wolcott after work. Furthermore, am I using blue or green locktite on everything? Anyone know if there's a minimum post count on when I can post pics? Thanks, and wish me luck!!

ps. Congrats J24gordon on the large leading win!!
Old 07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
J24gordon

Thanks!!!! I used blue locktight and heven't had any issue's. I do have all of the king heads parts that they make, for a bumpy track I would run a lighter shock oil I use 35 rear and 40 front, difs I run 7f,15c,and 5r, but that's easy enough to change when you want to dial it in a little. Most important thing is have fun building and racing it
Old 07-03-2009, 09:22 AM
l07smitty

Alright, diffs are done........easier than I thought!!! the hardest part was fitting the diffs into the housing with the three shims on the ring side......glad I saw that post. It's a little tight though and can feel each tooth as I turn the pinion.........is this right or too tight?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:34 PM
J24gordon

My diffs use 2 shims on each side not 3, if it's to tight it might bind up and strip your gears
Old 07-03-2009, 05:39 PM
l07smitty

I just remember something about having three on the ring side. Question, was there a washer between the lower a-arms and the diff casing? I cannot find them (and I'm highly organized) the closest thing is a little too small on the i.d. I'm doing it right now
Old 07-03-2009, 05:48 PM
l07smitty

yup, there's play without them..........son of a ........!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:19 PM
l07smitty

Got em!! ........just had to compare part #'s ........they are more like shims.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:40 PM
taj

what is the difference between hong nor and jammin
Old 07-09-2009, 10:31 AM
l07smitty

........they're the same but with a different name for where it's distributed. my Jammin had nice ribbed yellow tire inserts instead of foam.

-Anyways, it's time for a motor and I think I'm gonna go with a Picco .28 P3 turbo. ......or a .21 Evo 3. Was looking at the Jammin but LHS said they had some bearing issus. Grabbed an 086 pipe with a double bend there and in addition, I picked up an Ace (Thunder Tiger) DS 1015 for throttle/brake duties but now I think I'll use it for steering and pick up a Hitec HS-965MG for throttle instead. Both are .10 second servos (.108 for the Ace and over 200 oz. of torque) but the Hitec steps it down to 131oz. of torque (and $30 cheaper) which is in my interest (the lower torque) for throttle brake and has an arguably more reliable servie record. I feel this is a great setup and anything more may just be overkill or unneeded besides the great benifits of titanium gears in the best Hitec servos. Anyone disagree and feel that 200oz. torque isn't enough for the steering? I do strongly feel that anything faster than .10 second sevos is a waste unless you have lipo powered brushless finger joints!! I'm trying to ride the line (or go slightly over) of having the almost best equipment-but without wastefully paying for torque and speed that isn't even used, and the extra long service life of titanium gears goes against my thinking for 1/8 buggy/truggies when other things may/can and will break in a servo and i tend to replace in 2 years (at most) anyways to be safe, ..........at least with the throttle/brake. At first I was set on having the best of the best.....or damn close to it with either the titanium gear setups from Hitec or a pair of JR 9100T & 9100S, but from what the veteran fast guys are telling me at the track is not to pay for what I can't use.........and they even admit that they can't either and alot of it is just bragging rights. I respect his honesty.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 PM
J24gordon

your servo choice is good, I use a 1015 for throttle and a 7955 for steering. I did have a few issue's while using a 1015 for steering so I put the beefier one in for that
This is the second year I've run Jammin engines and haven't had any issues at all.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:06 AM
l07smitty

Thanks Gordon. It's funny that you mentioned your steering servo cause that's the one I have in mind now. I forgot about that a servo's job isn't just to get the wheels to steer, but to HOLD them there and under bumpy HARD acceleration when the wheels natually want to straighten out. And since I'm going with the P3 .28 SCREAMING BEAST (for a $200 motor) I'm now thinking that this may slightly stress the 1015 and your reply proves it just in time! So back to getting a strong servo and titanium at that. And furthermore, a 7955 can be had for $90 shipped!! I was looking at the JR 9100T, but I like the idea of long wearing titanium gears.................or am I buying into marketing hype? What would you get J24gordon if you had to buy again? I would hang onto a steering servo till it dies so I want just about the best. Off to building the shocks!!

ps. Where's Qaiz?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.