Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP's New 88.5 Spitfire

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP's New 88.5 Spitfire

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP's New 88.5 Spitfire

. wrong thread.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

KMP might consider the paint scheme of the American Spitfire Sqns?

Roger

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51032.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1530983  
Old 12-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Scale Specialties

I have no issue with any of the ARF's out there. I am quite pleased that they are available to any and all levels of modelers. My earlier statement was made to show that a properly shaped fuse, canopy, wing, etc. can be made at no extra manufacturing expense than a wrongly shaped part. A little more homework up front is all that is needed. If you want to ignorantly believe that because a model is an arf, it is relatively inexpensive, and as such you must accept innaccuaracy as gospel, you are foolish. I fully expect in the not too distant future there will be a company that is able to effectively blend all these ingredients to make an accurate yet affordable prefab'd or arf model. Just wait and see....
I agree and that is what I was getting at with my earlier post with the list of things to change.
Just have a look at some of the foamie warbirds available now and how nice they look. They would have taken a long time to get right but the are pretty close.
It wont cost any more to get the rudder the right shape or the wing the right length, might have to compromise on airfoil shape but hey.

Cheers,

Brad
Old 12-06-2010, 10:44 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

I have an idea. Lets ask Andrew why it is they cut corners on these ARFs. I too believe it`s no harder to produce a proper model, but for some business reason I`m sure they choose not to. I think If a company come out with models that are 97 - 98% accurate and be under $100 more many would be in trouble.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Scale Specialties

I agree and that is what I was getting at with my earlier post with the list of things to change.
Just have a look at some of the foamie warbirds available now and how nice they look. They would have taken a long time to get right but the are pretty close.
It wont cost any more to get the rudder the right shape or the wing the right length, might have to compromise on airfoil shape but hey.
Exactly!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:55 PM
vik
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Scale Specialties

Exactly!!!!
There is a solution
buy a Brian Taylor plans and build it from scratch.
You can get glass fuse from Vic as well.
Than you will have the size correct
Old 12-07-2010, 07:35 AM
AKondor

Hi Gang: It would be helpful to send us pictures with our aircraft profile layed over-top the full scale or blue prints to show us where the scale outlines are off. Its true that we can make these changes now before production and get things right. I would prefer to be that company that gets it right straight out of the box. You can also PM me the pictures or send them to my e-mail [email protected] directly as we can accept high res pictures there. I can then turn those pictures around and send them to the factory for their evaluation and immediate re-desgn.... If we use any of the pictures you guys send actually pointing out the issues in a properly documented fashion I will gladly compensate you for your time an energy in a way that is fair.

We truly want to get all our models right!!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Andrew,
You might contact Chad Veich as he seems to be a great resource for the Spitfires. He's contributed on this thread already. Do you think that you'll have this plane available for Toledo and will it be available unpainted ?

Thanks,
paul
Old 12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
AKondor

Yes I hope to have the plane on display painted in Toledo alongside the FW190 D9... But of course it will be available for sale in the primer finish.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:11 AM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

The KMP Spitfire will be on display at the Northwest Model Exposition in Monroe Washington this year with it's new colors. I want to send a sincere thank you to Chuck from Warbird Colors as he provided the color swatches from which the Manufacturer of the aircraft matched the paint. This is an outstanding model, and I will be assembling it and flying it this year around the circuit. The plane will sport the Sierra Giant retracts that drop in the wings, and one of our Aerovate 55 gas engines installed in the cowl. The fins of the engine barely stick out in the chin of the cowl, but it has to be opened up anyway for cooling. If anyone decides to come to the show, be sure to stop by the booth and say hi. One of the interesting things about the Spitfire that I have observed is the flaps deploy at almost a 90 degree angle to the wing on the full size while it is landing. This should be interesting on the model.

Name:	Lj22404.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	1719702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31289.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1719703  
Old 01-27-2012, 05:51 AM
j-d

Interesting. Who is the producer? When will it be available?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:07 PM
flytaildragger

ORIGINAL: j-d

Interesting. Who is the producer? Any idea when it will be available?
The KMP Spitfire MK IX is available now. We still have a few in stock. I am sure most of the orders after the show will have a wait to get it.

One of the features I just noticed with the latest release is the canopy is framed and the plastic "glass" is inserted into the frame. Very scale and very nice touch that comes with. The Cannon Blisters are scale in that before they decided that the two cannons are two much and they removed one, the blister was big enough to cover both. This version has the cannon blister the is designed to cover both cannons on the wing. When they removed the inboard cannon, they just put a plug in the hole in the wing, this is why one sees one cannon on each wing and a plug to cover the hole in case they wanted to go back to tank busting I guess. Just got through talking to the cockpit designer. The scale cockpit will come out with the canopy when it is unlatched for access,. Nice...
Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 AM
j-d

Will those KMP Spitfire ARFs have the same features as the new KMP AT-6 Texan (epoxy resin fiberglass fuselage; built up balsa wings and tail structure; Solartex fabric covering)? Why don't you keep your web site up-to-date? It would be nice to have a bit more info, some pics and a manual. Thank you.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:04 PM
flytaildragger

Hi JD,

Yes, the same features as the AT-6.. There will be pictures soon. This is the latest release with the more accurate paint. The biggest feature of the Sig Series KMP models is the one piece fuselage design that encompases the wing root into the composite structure. The plug in wings are built up. The scale appearances in this design are very apparent.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:13 PM
j-d

Very interesting indeed. Another question: has the shape of the canopy been corrected? Thank you.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
flytaildragger

The canopy looks great, I am a scale nut and I cannot see any discrepancy in it's design.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
j-d

A) Spitfire marks from Mk. I to Mk. Vb:

http://spitfiresite.com/2010/07/anat...e-cockpit.html

B) Spitfire Mk. IX:

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazin...fire_ix_04.htm

A) or B): in the latest release, which type did you choose? Thank you.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Magnum RC

Aww, there you go,, definitely the Mark IX... I seen it at the show.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 AM
j-d

ORIGINAL: Magnum RC

Aww, there you go,, definitely the Mark IX... I seen it at the show.
Anyone got any pics?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:10 AM
flytaildragger

Ahh, the illusive pictures of KMP's new 88" Mark IX... This was just at the Northwest Model Exposition of our Spitfire in final copy. Enjoy. Features are as below;

1. Unibody composite construction of the fuselage. The wing root is molded into the fuse to present a beautiful scale line. The only access into the plane is through the hatch of the cockpit area. The long servo tray inside the bird below the cockpit area is removable to allow access to install batterys and fuel tank etc.
2. Wings plug into the wing root for ease of transportation and setup. Wings are built up fully sheeted and covered with genuine solartex then painted in an accurate paint scheme of the squadron of Poles that flew against the Germans in Northern England when the Germans came across the channel at Norway.
3. Aircraft is set up to drop in Sierra Giant Gear made specifically for this plane. There is a scale trailing link tailwheel for this plane as well.
4. Comes with Cannon Blisters, "large style" and wing scoops for the raidiators below the wing.
5. Available accessories is a scale cockpit available through Magnum RC and soon to be wooden cannons ready built.
6. Engine tested in airframe is the Aerovate 45cc, flew it scale like, a 55cc will kick it in the pants if you want a three blade 20x10 Warbird prop also available through Magnum RC. The 45 will cowl in, the 55 has the front chin of the head fins sticking out slightly, but this area of the cowl needs to be opened anyway for cooling.
7. The canopy seems to be "framed" the plastic glass part sits inside the framework.

This plane is a hottie and we are quite proud of it. Not quite up on the website yet, but will be soon as soon as KMP gets some marketable pics. List is $699, We sold the rest of our inventory on hand at the show.

Name:	To44903.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1728236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53537.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1728237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48465.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1728238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64362.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1728239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40335.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1728240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11675.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1728241  
Old 02-20-2012, 04:40 AM
wherewaldo

I love the spinner on the plane ... I can't seem to find one with that color...what is the make of the spinner?....and is the size of it   4.5 or 4.75 in
thanks

Old 02-20-2012, 04:44 AM
wherewaldo

I love the spinner on the plane ... I can't seem to find one with that color...what is the make of the spinner?....and is the size of it   4.5 or 4.75 in
thanks

Old 02-20-2012, 06:01 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome, great to have another Spitfire to chose from!
IS the wing one piece or two piece?

Is there a PDF link to the manual?

Those looking for Spitfire details - check out [link]http://www.spitfire9.com[/link]
Tally-Ho!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
flytaildragger

ORIGINAL: wherewaldo

I love the spinner on the plane ... I can't seem to find one with that color...what is the make of the spinner?....and is the size of it 4.5 or 4.75 in
thanks

Hi, This spinner is a 5" spinner, but is a bit big.. No one that I know of makes a 4.75" Spit spinner, so I am going with a 4.5, I think it would look good. The spinner is painted off white. It is just an aluminum spinner painted white.. Nothing fancy..
Old 02-20-2012, 06:17 PM
flytaildragger

ORIGINAL: kenair

Awesome, great to have another Spitfire to chose from!
IS the wing one piece or two piece?

Is there a PDF link to the manual?

Those looking for Spitfire details - check out [link]http://www.spitfire9.com[/link]
Tally-Ho!
Yes and it will be great to get it in the air. The wing is two piece, it plugs into the wing root at the first white stripe. No PDF manual yet, but we are working on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.