Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

CY MODELS La-7//Evolution 160 radial

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

CY MODELS La-7//Evolution 160 radial

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 07:22 AM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by husafreak
Thanks, that Tru Turn Spitfire spinner does look good. I saw a smaller Spitfire spinner from Top RC that looked right but too small. 5 1/2" is good size too but I'll probably be cutting the cowling back a bit then for scale fidelity and cooling. They are pricey though! And they are selling a part for using it with the Moki which will add even more. Unless I can find someone to machine a transition from 4mm to the Tru Turn bolt size. I think its 10/32. I like that the Tru Turn blade cutouts can be done for my prop no extra charge, it is a German SEP prop, wood, with a very wide blade. N8622t your cowl/spinner looks terrific!
just a tip on the cowl opening...before you cut at your mark, glue in your reinforcement support because the cowl turns into a bowl of jello after cutting the nose ring out. It’ll save you a lot of work
The following users liked this post:
husafreak (06-21-2020)
Old 03-21-2021, 05:23 AM
vickyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n8622t

The alum tube is so soft that I straightened it across my knee so I ordered some T6 6061 aluminum tubing to replace it

wondering if carbon fiber tube will work with 4mm wall thinkess ?
Old 03-21-2021, 08:11 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Maybe check your dimensions? I mean yes it would work by I doubt anyone actually makes a CF tube that O.D. With a 4mm wall thickness.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:58 PM
Warbirdleo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread has been a joy to go through, big thanks to n8622t, warbird pilot & others who contributed to make such an interesting thread! (hello from Athens, Greece)-A few questions:

1/Was considering the Saito FG90 R3 however by CFK strengthening, retractable tailwheel, servos in Aft, scale accessories etc it seems you'd be flying on 3/4 throttle most of the time, would it be underpowered you think?

2/Radial 180cc 5 Cyl seems like a good choice, however The diameter of UMS 5 260 is 11.2 inches/28.44 cm therefore would it fit in cowl and would this engine be grossly overpowered- Could the 32 x 18 (3) blade prop cause ground clearance issues?

3/Since going for a pneumatic Gear setup, How do you program the Servo Activated gear door covers to close After the Gear is Up?

4/Did you take advantage of the bottom scoop (oil cooler) for having more Exit Air from within the fuselage-a photo of inside fuselage would help.
Thanks !
Old 10-10-2022, 03:48 PM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Definitely