Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Will it work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 06:13 PM
HUMMERH3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it work?

I got a question on building my p40.I want this to be as scale as possible I want to know if Ill have any problems if I make the fuel line kind of behind the cockpit will I have problems with bubles in my fuel line?because of the lenth of the line?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24984.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	218161  
Old 01-20-2005, 06:16 PM
the-plumber

Default RE: Will it work?

Why have the fuel line way back there ?

You can hide the fill connection in the bottom of the cowl or in the bottom of the fuse and avoid the whole issue of line length.

And yes, you may have fuel starvation problems with a too-long fuel line, even if you use muffler pressure.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:37 PM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can do it if you use a Cline regulator or iron bay regulator...You can place the tank up to 5 feet away from the engine and it will work just fine....

Ty
Old 01-20-2005, 08:57 PM
US185Damiani

OK why not just use a fueler only to fill the tank from there but use a direct feed line from the tank?
that way you can fuel from the scale location but still not have leaning problems. simply plug the line that would lead from the fueler to the engine. use it as a 3rd line
Old 01-20-2005, 09:18 PM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you use the regulatorfrom cline. The fuel supply is always there and there is no leaning. You can even have the tank lower than the engine..It would not matter where you locat the tank. Your tank could even be a functional drop tank....

Ty
Old 01-20-2005, 11:58 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Consider that your fuel tubing is not scale, for starters. You will have a large, round, clear, tube running through the cockpit. If you are using a Gas engine it will draw fuel a long ways with out much problems. The Gas engine carburator has a built in fuel pump.
You can have the fuel filler cap where it is on the full scale and still fuel your plane another way. One way is to hide the fill line inside an exaust stack that you can retrieve with a pair of hemostats or needle nose pliers. Just a few things to think about.. good luck.