Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ultra RC 92" Scale-Masters Zero

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ultra RC 92" Scale-Masters Zero

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultra RC 92" Scale-Masters Zero

you are unreal mate, full of it in fact.

the facts of the matter are that you could not be bothered to follow up on a simple enquirey, you then blame the customer when he gets narky at the lack of response from you.

the rest is simply YOUR spin and BS trying to cover your own backside.

You have already told me that both UPS and FEDEX will not ship it due to size and that sea shipping was the only option.

You do have a way of twisting the facts mate. Keep on going though as the readers can make up their own minds as to whether it is agood idea to deal with you and hand over their $ to a company that can not even be bothered replying to an email.

You can keep on insulting me your your "Mr OZ" remarks but at the end of the day we both know that YOU could not be bothered to follow up let alone provide the shipping quote your promised.

The rest is just your BS so save it till YOU have something postive to say.

Give me the dimensions and weight of the box and lets see how long it takes me to get a quote shall we? If I can get one that is reasonable will you bear half the cost of that quote?

Seems fair to me. What do others think?
Old 10-11-2006, 01:08 AM
GotSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BRIAN
No need to continue with this guy.. Your product is great as most of us already know. At this point I as I'm sure others feel this guy has ruined this thread. You have done your part and this should have never been brought to this forum in the first place.. Good day to you sir and keep up the good work....

Peter
Yes I already know that we don't know the whole story but you choose to make this a public ordeal so now you get to deal with the public fall out.
You are wrong in this case not for your frustration over not receiving a reply back from Brian but for your complaining in a build thread. Start your own posting next time it helps out most of us that really don't care about your personal issue, thats not why we are here in this thread
Good day and happy flying
Old 10-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

you have no idea what you are talking about. I am pissed off and I will complain about it where poeple will see it so this guy gets the message, if you don't like it then tough titties mate

the point is to ensure that others take note of the lack of customer service and blatant lies perpertrated by this mob.

He may then realise he needs to pick up his customer service act. I make no comment at all on the product itself. It is the lack of service I'm pissed off at and the lies and spin coming from them.

I make no appologies for sticking up for myself on this point and will not be fobbed off by spin.

nothing is more annoying to a customer then lack of service, lack of communication then spin and lies to cover their backside as in this case.

You bet I'm hopping mad about this![:@] I hate being lied to.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:23 AM
GotSky

What is a tough tittie..... But really you should start your own thread maybe there are others that have the same issue.. You never know
Good Day to you
Old 10-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

then pull your head out of you A##$% and you may hear more clearly!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

listing huh? Could well be if you ears are blocked, tends to make people list!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:36 AM
GotSky

Such anger in you.. Heres a hint.. Watch out for stingrays....
Old 10-11-2006, 06:34 AM
Banker
My Feedback: (10)

Now to get back to business. I have a 3w-80 unused. Will this work on this plane?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:29 AM
ULTRA-RC

ORIGINAL: Banker

Now to get back to business. I have a 3w-80 unused. Will this work on this plane?
Yes indeed. Back to business. Banker, I presume your 3W-80 is the 80XI, rear induction? This selection has already been used in our Zero and is a great combination. There are also many using the ZDZ 80 with great success. I would recommend this engine as a good selection.

According to reports, retracts have been somewhat of an issue. We have not received good feedback from our customers trying to obtain Robart retracts in a timely fashion. It appears they create a waiting list and do small production runs when they reach a certain quantity.

We have been working very closely with Darrell from Sierra Giant Scale Retracts. He personally is flying one of our Zero's and has created an excellent Scale Zero retract. He has bent over backwards for many of our customers and is able to fill orders very quickly. He also has an excellent scale tailwheel fork in place of a tailwheel retract, if you would like to save on some of the tail weight.

We will be working closely with Darrell on all our future warbird productions.

Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Ultra-RC
Brian
Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 AM
bdbd
My Feedback: (62)

Thank goodness that seems to be over. Brian are there any plans for a Focke Wolfe 190 A-8.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:40 PM
scalebirdman
My Feedback: (6)

Sierra retracts are primo, no doubt, however his delivery schedule has been known to be spotty. I myself purchased a set of retracts for my Topflite GS Mustang, which he had in stock, and shipped immediately. Others have had different experiences, but perhaps that is due to their requiring custom work... I ordered my Robarts from Ziroli, and since they had them in stock, they shipped immediately, so you might try them if Robart dosen't currently have them in stock. A word about the Robarts: The frames are very tall, though will fit in the stock mounts. However installing them like that leaves the gear doors suspended below the wing bottom surface when retracted, even if mounted directly to the strut, and not stood off as per the prototype. ( If you stop the video on the Ultra-rc site at the right place you can see this for yourself) I shaved some off the retract rails to raise the unit up in the wing, but can only take a couple of 16ths off before the retract frame at it's highest hits the upper sheeting of the wing. After I get back from Muncie, I plan to revisit this and see of I can modify the units to make them lower profile.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:47 PM
lownloud

are you guys (Ultra RC) still working on a giant corsair?

The zero looks very nice.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:08 PM
scalebirdman

Yeah, where's the Corsair? Last we talked, you said it would be out in July.. Any update? I'm gonna need a project soon.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

good luck getting a reply. Oh and don't dare follow up as they will blame you then winge to RCU to have your complaints pulled. spend your $ elsewhere

hope this annoys the heck out of you lot. P~~~ hehehe
Old 10-12-2006, 10:31 PM
ULTRA-RC

bdbd,

I think I spoke with you earlier today. Yes, there are definite plans for a Focke Wolfe in the future. Based on our current production schedules, it will not be available until mid 2007. Thanks for your interest and support.

Scalebirdman,

Thanks for your input on Sierra. I just received our new set a couple days ago. In comparison to the Robarts, you can clearly see the differences and in my opinion, the Sierra's appear more scale and look real nice. There are some modifications that need to be done to our current Zero wing in order to fit the Sierra's. In the end, I feel the finished product is well worth the little extra effort.
So far, we have had positive experiences with Sierra. Customers seem to be happy and delivery has been timely. I will continue to monitor this with our future productions.

LownLoud / Scalebirdman,

The Corsairs will be arriving soon! Producing these scale warbirds is much different than our normal ARF productions. There is much more detail and painting involved. To be honest, the Corsairs have been built for approximately two months. We have had to continue with our production plan for our entire line of planes, while constructing the Corsairs.
The Corsairs were recently painted. From start to finish, with proper drying times and finishing, it takes approximately 40 days. Based on the recent info from the factory and our experiences, I expect them to be available within the next 35 - 50 days. I will definitely keep everyone informed as new information is available.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional questions / comments. Thank you for your support.

Ultra-RC
Brian
Old 10-12-2006, 11:25 PM
lownloud

thank you for your reply.
do you have any specs for the Corsair? Engine, etc.?
looking forward to it.
thanks
Old 10-13-2006, 01:23 AM
scalebirdman

ORIGINAL: Peter_OZ

good luck getting a reply. Oh and don't dare follow up as they will blame you then winge to RCU to have your complaints pulled. spend your $ elsewhere

Anyone in the house got a pacifier?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:46 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: scalebirdman

ORIGINAL: Peter_OZ

Anyone in the house got a pacifier?
I got a really good Weedwacker ! [>:]
Old 10-14-2006, 06:52 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

god I love getting a bite from idiots, really makes my day
thanks for the fun.

hehehehehehe
Old 10-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Banker
My Feedback: (10)

Any update on this aircraft. I cannot make up my mind on getting this or waiting for their corsair.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
scalebirdman

Just got back from the Scalemaster's Championships in Muncie... Plan to maiden on Sunday.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:27 PM
mobyal

ORIGINAL: ULTRA-RC

Brian --
Your FW 190 (A, I hope, rather than D. PLease, please!) schedule of mid-2007 sounds about right for me! Have enough to keep me busy 'til then, lol.
If you want, I'll be glsd to preorder and prepay, at least a deposit, if that'll help. And if it'll put me at the head of the line.
Thanks
Al.

bdbd,

I think I spoke with you earlier today. Yes, there are definite plans for a Focke Wolfe in the future. Based on our current production schedules, it will not be available until mid 2007. Thanks for your interest and support.

Scalebirdman,

Thanks for your input on Sierra. I just received our new set a couple days ago. In comparison to the Robarts, you can clearly see the differences and in my opinion, the Sierra's appear more scale and look real nice. There are some modifications that need to be done to our current Zero wing in order to fit the Sierra's. In the end, I feel the finished product is well worth the little extra effort.
So far, we have had positive experiences with Sierra. Customers seem to be happy and delivery has been timely. I will continue to monitor this with our future productions.

LownLoud / Scalebirdman,

The Corsairs will be arriving soon! Producing these scale warbirds is much different than our normal ARF productions. There is much more detail and painting involved. To be honest, the Corsairs have been built for approximately two months. We have had to continue with our production plan for our entire line of planes, while constructing the Corsairs.
The Corsairs were recently painted. From start to finish, with proper drying times and finishing, it takes approximately 40 days. Based on the recent info from the factory and our experiences, I expect them to be available within the next 35 - 50 days. I will definitely keep everyone informed as new information is available.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional questions / comments. Thank you for your support.

Ultra-RC
Brian
Old 10-26-2006, 02:48 AM
GIJon
My Feedback: (118)

Thanks Brian,

I received my Zero a while back. It is a very nice plane and look forward to putting it together. I have had too many other projects on the bench to get to it.

Scalebirdman: Thank you for all your notes and photos. These will surely come in handy for any of us as we build our Zeros.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:31 PM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

Scalebirdman,Good luck with the maiden Sunday.Look foward to your comments-how about some video?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:32 PM
scalebirdman

ORIGINAL: edgeman55-RCU

Scalebirdman,Good luck with the maiden Sunday.Look foward to your comments-how about some video?
Sure could have used some that luck Edgeman. Perfect day for a maiden: Clear skys, slight breeze down the runway, temprature in the 60's. We dialled the prop to 18" of pitch, and had it turning 4000 rpm on the belt drive (crankshaft speed 7000) Taxi tests were looking good, so it was time to get airborne. Long story short, The Zero fell victim to reversed ailerons. I'd have bet a month's pay we had set it up right, and checked it several times during the build, and most reciently the last time we took it to the field to range and taxi test it. Naturaly we didn't check them again today. My flying partner thinks I may have accidently had the radio set to the Zero when I was setting up my new Yak, as when we were checking out the Yak prior to it's maiden we noticed I had the ailerons backwards on that one.... Who knows; in absence of deffinitive proof I'll just have to chalk it up to a dumb thumb. Guess ole Peter Oz gets the last laugh after all. Here are some pic's of the final minutes. My partner was shooting the video; I'll see about posting it when he gets it downloaded.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82436.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	550756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21289.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	550757   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44676.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	550758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17745.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	550759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97795.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	550760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85877.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	550761  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.