Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

backdraft 8E issues

Old 04-01-2011, 05:27 PM
matt n rachael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backdraft 8E issues

Hi all,
I have had my backdraft for less than two weeks. Last night I wanted to adjust my brake drag force. I held down the button on the cars' on/off switchand turned the unit on. After two beeps/flashes, it took off like a bat out of hell and hit a board and flipped over, all the while it was running at full throttle. I picked it up and turned it off.

Now when I turn it on, after it flashes a couple times, the wheels spin at full throttle with no input from the transmitter. While this is going on, I am able to make the front wheels turn right and left. If I push the trigger to reverse it does go into reverse, but I can't get the wheels to stop spinning. If I flip the throttle reverse switch the wheels do switch direction.

I did try to re-bind with no luck.

Has this happened to you before? Can you help, give advice, please?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:53 PM
JTuepker1

Default RE: backdraft 8E issues

Do you have the programmer or you doing this manually.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:04 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like you tried to program the settings manually(with the remote)
its not an easy thing to do.
and chances are, you didnt hold down the "set" button long enough and recalibrated the ESC instead of programing it.

follow the ESC's manual for recalibrating the ESC.

you can remove the pinion gear, or loosen the motor screws and move the pinion away from the spur to make sure you dont have it take off on you again while trying to program it.

in case you dont have it, here is a link to the ESC's manual: http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manu...13-80-v2-e.pdf
Old 04-02-2011, 06:44 AM
matt n rachael

Thankyou Dr. nitrosportsandrunner! You were right. I must have recalibrated the esc. And thanks for the link too. All is good now.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:01 AM
masterhacker1989

I did the same thing, only difference was I got a hell of a friction burn out of it, yeah, buy a programmer, its too easy to screw up the settings by watching flashes and listening to beeps