Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

shift...nooo..work help

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Gotalightningvx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift...nooo..work help

can any one help me i have no clue why my caris not shifting please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 11:44 PM
blackdogafd

Default RE: shift...nooo..work help

sometimes you need to adjust the trans on it. there should be i think to screws on the bottom of the trans that you can adjust, again check out the redcat FAQ on the top of the forum i think there should be something in there about the adjusting the trans..
Old 08-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Gotalightningvx

thanks blackdog how yhe baby
Old 08-05-2006, 11:56 PM
blackdogafd

ORIGINAL: Gotalightningvx

thanks blackdog how yhe baby
hey thanks bro. the baby is doin real great gettin big already and loves to watch both my 3.3 revo and the himoto (when its actually useable and not broken). but thanks again. check out that thread and if something is in there i believe there should be...

andy
Old 08-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Gotalightningvx

just wondering do u no wat happin with eric .27 lighting lats time i wAS hear u and popper were makin fun of him[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 08-06-2006, 12:25 AM
nbluehell

i was having the same problem with my buggy not shifting then i read a thread about it a couple of days ago. two screws on the trans. one is to keep everthing together and the other is for adjusting. adj. in for later or no shift and adj. out for sooner shift and eventually loose your screw out in the middle of a field cuz its too loose. apparantly locktite is a good idea on the adjustment screw. i adjusted mine out and i still had nothing. then i lubed it with wd40 and works like a charm.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:50 AM
nbluehell

oh this is very important. behind the adj. screw there is a spring and a ball bearing. if, like i said before, you adjust the srew out too far it may fall out and you may loose the spring, ball bearing and screw.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:25 AM
chubbysuncle

nbluehell Date 8/5/2006 6:50:40 PM
oh this is very important. behind the adj. screw there is a spring and a ball bearing. if, like i said before, you adjust the srew out too far it may fall out and you may loose the spring, ball bearing and screw.
I told ya! Clean out the clutch with air and lube it up first. It should shift. If it still doesn't and you've got a good tune on the engine, take the trans apart, remove the clutch and clean it. Take it apart and you'll see how it works. Make sure when you reinstall the grub screws to use Blue Locktite!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:21 AM
nbluehell

locktite is my new best friend!
Old 08-08-2006, 04:42 PM
nbluehell

hey uncle. can you please tell me the size or part# of the grub screw(s) that goes in the drive clutch. are the two screws the same size, part #? i took mine appart last night and noticed that i'm missing a screw, it still works great though. thanks
Old 08-08-2006, 04:59 PM
TopSpeedToys

ORIGINAL: nbluehell

hey uncle. can you please tell me the size or part# of the grub screw(s) that goes in the drive clutch. are the two screws the same size, part #? i took mine appart last night and noticed that i'm missing a screw, it still works great though. thanks

I think it's 02098 "M3x3"

The only other is "M4x4" 02099

For the price, I would get them both.

Mark

Old 08-08-2006, 06:07 PM
nbluehell

hey thanks topspeed. i wouldn't think there would be that much of a difference between the two. maybe length? thanks again.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:11 PM
chubbysuncle

Are you talking about the small set screws in the second gear clutch? If so one in the center of the clutch holds it on the shaft, The other one is slighty offset of center. This has a small spring and ball bearing under it. This is the one that adjusts the shift point.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:40 PM
nbluehell

im talking about the one that holds it on the shaft. i put locktite on the adj screw and didnt think about the other, figured it would be good and tight. i guess i was wrong.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:03 PM
chubbysuncle

OK. They're the same as the drive cups. I can't remember the # but you'll get 8, I think, in a package. You need to locktite( blue) ALL of the screws that go into metal on any RC car. Be sure to do the drivecups.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Cas_NitroGT

loosen the clutch spring a little bit... is prolly to tight to catch... thats the best I can tell you...
Old 08-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Gotalightningvx

hey everyone thanks for the help the only problem im having now is that my one way bearing keeps spining inside its little spot that it goes in in result the gear spins and the bearing stays still oohhh and, in case your woundering it was a brand spakin new spur gear 44 tooth[:@]
Old 08-12-2006, 08:13 AM
chubbysuncle

That sucks.. Thats the kind of stuff that'll happen if you put a big/ more powerful engine in a Redcat. I don't even thing you could epoxey the OWB in the gear. I know you can't melt it in because the OWB has plastic in it.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:53 PM
leesmack

i have tried to loosen the screw and tighten the screw and my car wont shift at all. im going to try to use some wd40 on it hope that will work.